Ardagh Group

Ardagh Group Employee Reviews

good job a good job well worth doing would love to go back there. I could certainly recommend this to any one .
Rugby Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire28 January 2020
a good job well worth doing would love to go back there. I could certainly recommend this to any one . The remuneration packages are weir worth it and the whole experiance
If your face fits and your friends and family its welcome In
Job seeker 7 times at ardagh (Former Employee) –  Doncaster9 April 2019
Yes if you have friends and family iys welcome. I did several assessments and got bored being told how well i did and yet still no career.. mind you i am glad i at a far better company now ..
Pros
Cons
Long 12 hours
Good team spirit
Quality Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk21 June 2018
Typical day would be started by reviewing any quarantined product from the previous 24 hours and deciding on disposition. Then reviewing any customer and supplier complaints and deciding on appropriate actions. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to successfully conclude any investigations into complaints. The workplace always had a strong culture of encouragement with people being empowered to make a difference.
Pros
Friendly and flexible approach
Cons
Could become very pressurised
Well paid job
Quality Control Line Inspector (Current Employee) –  Doncaster3 April 2018
Although well paid the shifts are long and tedious, progression is limited dependent upon contacts within the workplace. Winter shift pattern is more favourable than summer, working conditions in summer can become unbearable at times due to the heat and limited breaks. It is expected on top of regular shifts that extra shifts can be dropped on you with limited notice.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Monotonous work, heat, long shifts, weekend work, night work, management
Zero hours contract
Operator (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk2 November 2017
Typical day is working on a line, if the line breaks down you are moved onto another line while the engineering team tries to fix the machine. HO have not updated any of the machines for at least 30 years so the engineers have a big job on their hands trying to keep the machines running. The plant relies too heavily on zero hour contracts, a lot of employees have been working on these contracts for more than 3 years with very little time off!! Its not what you know its who you know if you want a perm position!

Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Management very clicky
management are poor
Ground Worker (Current Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire10 August 2017
jobs in all departments are ok except for the senior management, ceo and second in command are complete immature bafoons. they try to be like 70's bully boys, but won't confront you personally. be a good place to work if they moved on. company has lost huge experience because of these two individuals.
Pros
free parking
Cons
immature management
Great Team To Work With
Press Setter/Operator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG12 August 2014
I was given very good training as this was a completely new job to the company. The company were very supportive with all of us new staff through our training and initial period, making it easy to settle into a good routine for our teams and shift work. The teams are good, small and the camaraderie is good. Management are helpful with any issues and sympathetic to workers needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was fork lift driving and diagnosing problems. Learning the job in the beginning was the hardest.
Pros
Good holiday allowance and pay.
Cons
Shift work, so be prepared for this.
Administration
HR Administrator (TEMP CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Sutton in Ashfield30 June 2014
This was only a temporary job to help with a busy period within the business
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Was only temporary
Friendly and proffessional
Quality Auditor / stand in Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, ENG24 October 2013
My average day starts were I collect the production sheets from the previous days production and place the results onto a data base, I also download and update the previous days Quality problems and put in the value of any stock that has been held for inspection. When the Quality department Manager or his assistant are not available I will attend a morning meeting where each department reports any issues that have arisen, after which I have the task of calibrating the equipment for measuring Lacquer coatings in the print department, the results are then recorded onto a spread sheet. Part of my job is to carry out a full seam evaluation on all lines that are running throughout the day and deal with any issues that occur relating to quality. As I also have the role of stand in process manager when the process manager is busy or not available on the shop floor, I will cover for them carrying out checks on the lines and ensuring things run smoothly. There are certain tests that have to be carried out at specified periods it is part of my job to carry out and record the results onto a spread sheet. Sometimes customers will request samples of various cans and lids and it is part of my job to collect from stock what has been requested and send it out to them, this is also recorded onto a spread sheet and an e-mail sent to the person requesting the samples to say they have been sent. If things are a bit slow I will also take time to sort through some of the product that has been Held for inspection, releasing and recording any scrap on the data base.
What have I Learned?
I have learned
  more... that clear and precise instructions are a key to achieving success and listening to others opinions even if at the end you do not agree is vital.
It is easy to blame Management for all the problems, but like everyone else they have a job to do. The Management were I am at the moment are easy to approach, will listen even if pushed for time, they will always give advise when asked, but most of all they are professional in their approach to work.
co-workers
Having spent a lot of time on the shop floor I have got to know a lot of people, even after several restructures, a team approach is maintained, everyone does their job and helps out were they can.
Hardest part of the job.
To maintain the high quality service with less people.
The most enjoyable part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job is resolving problems and being given the opportunity to progress.
Pros
career opportunitys
Cons
too many restuctures
good wage but long hours
machine mechanic (Former Employee) –  merthyr tydfil17 May 2013
12 hour shifts work force very good to work with good health scheme
Pros
good salary
Production Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil13 May 2013
My typical day would start with pre-start up checks followed by the necessary quality checks which are repeated at various time intervals through my shift. During the shift i may encounter various process/mechanical faults which are my responsibility to identify then rectify. I am also responsible for carrying out any planned maintenance scheduled for the line. I work well with all my immediate management team and get on well with all my co-workers.
In 2012 the decision was made to close the Merthyr plant and my finish date is 31st July 2013
Pros
Close to home
Cons
work weekends
Problem solving graphics
Graphics Studio Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil4 January 2013
Taking customer designs and ideas and working them through to give a good product that can be achieved in print with a cost effective number of colours. These designs may be used for labelling or for print onto metal, coated or plain.
Pros
pension. good holiday package.
Cons
plant shutting.