Arcadis Management reviews

One of the best companies I have worked for
Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 February 2018
They run various staff engagement programmes such as Quest that allow you to go abroad for a week etc. The work life balance is great; you can work from home; there is a lot of flexibility. In London office, there is a free bar every Wed and Thu 4-7pm; management take turns to serve the beers. They work on high profile projects. For me personally, it is everything that I wanted when I joined. The senior leadership team do not throw their titles around unlike some organisations where directors expected to be bowed down to.
Pros
Flexibility, staff mobility, great perks, and good leadership
Cons
IT a bit outdated - laptops chunky / not touchscreen and desktop monitors small
Poor management and lack of support
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 July 2017
Long hours expected despite not opting out of 40 hrs/week. Job was very sales oriented. Lots of superfluous internal paperwork where the same thing had to be replicated in three different formats.

Management were not focussed and certainly not supportive. Led to several embarrassing situations where I turned up for a job with no specification, had no idea what to invoice and had to fend for myself.
Pros
Salary was reasonable
Cons
See review
the most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Draiange Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockly Lane, Aston , Bimringham23 April 2017
Solving Technical Problems and mentoring
Project management
Dealing with clients and colleagues
Producing documents that can be used for construction
Seeing my job built and providing customer satisfaction
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
managing different projects with different deadlines
Corporate organisation with a mostly informal attitude
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 March 2017
Workplace culture is very corporate style, possibly a bit old school. Currently undergoing lots of change following a merger. Generally very nice people.
Welcoming professional place to work
L&D COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  London Borough of Croydon27 October 2016
working in the HR team there's a lot of correspondence between other members of staff and managers.
On a daily basis I check my emails and calendar to see if any events are happening.
After I review my to do list and work through the urgent jobs.
After completing my to do list I update my line manager; depending on what the task at hand is I may have to correspond with various people in the team/ other colleagues based out of London via Skype or Skype conference calls.

Management are supportive with work load and try to share it out evenly.
you have the option to work from home when sick or have an appointment which is good; you can have minimal sick record as many things are done on the laptop or Skype.

The team normally goes out for lunch together which helps team building.
Pros
medical benefits, travel expenses, opportunity to work abroad as its an international company.
Cons
Projects may come to a hault instantly with no warning, Too many projects at one time, Things are not prioritised when theres too many things happening, Sending last minute invites for courses due to last minute preperation.
Work elsewhere...
UK Head of Resource Planning (Former Employee) –  London15 August 2016
A small minded organisation with stale leaders who are only interested in utilization of staff, trust me...poor benefits with the expectation you work long hours and give up your personal life for the cause...many more jobs to go here as further sites / offices are closed over the next few years...in fact, they are moving most roles over seas to enable cheap resources, so UK wages will be further reduced over time... that is the ARCADIS way...
Pros
Struggling to think here...
Cons
Poor Direction & Leadership...
Birmingham new street project
Sub contract Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham28 June 2016
Intense project management for Network Rail delivery
Good co workers
The hardest part of the job was the sub contractors attitude
Not a company to work for
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham9 March 2016
Arcadis is not a company you would want to work for the staff turn around within this company is terrific you don't receive a car allowance or a company car but you are expected to travel all over the country there is no bonus scheme unless you are a senior manager upwards the salary is low and there is a lot of low moral throughout this company you are expected to work very long hours and therefore there is no work life balance at all. The management are profit driven only your co workers just do there own work there is no enjoyment working for Arcadis and if you are not 110% Arcadis they will harass you until you leave the company
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no bonus, no company car, no car allowance
Very demanding and very busy with minimum resource availability
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 October 2015
Unrealistic SLA's
Very busy supporting a wide range of clients
Excellent work because it is busy.
Training was absolutely poor and I feel I didnt learn much in the time I worked there.

No support from Trainer or management who also have over par expectations post training.
Pros
Good hours, good lunch period
Cons
Poor training, poor support, poor work ethics.