Arcadia Group Employee Reviews

A good opportunity to learn about retail.
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Luton12 July 2018
A good opportunity to learn about retail and customer service. It helped me gain different skills, such as customer service, training others, till balancing, stock control and dealing with difficult customer situations.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Often left to work alone
"Great company lots of possibilites to develop"
Purchase Order Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds1 July 2018
I have been working at Arcadia full-time (More than a year) and have thoroughly enjoyed my employment.

Pros

Very flexible around university both during term time and during the holidays when I've went traveling. Most of the staff are very friendly and there is a great working culture in store.

Cons

Sometimes poor communication with staff who only work a few shifts per week. High staff turnover. Little support or encouragement for people on small contracts to progress to higher levels.
Pros
Career Development - Great staff benefits (Sample sales, discount, amazing head office refit) - Great learning and development opportunities - Great company culture
Cons
- Lots of company changes to streamline the business has meant a lot of changes internally.
productive work place, busy everyday
Cluster Manager (Former Employee) –  Essex15 June 2018
Answer any e mails, print off any changes to floor layouts, check for any new promotions, set up tills, team brief, fill in daily tasks list.
Time management, prioritise work load. Hardest part of job in todays climate, was competitors, as a well established Brand of plus size clothing, more and more companies are expanding their range in sizing, this making it harder for my teams to meet targets.
The most enjoyable part of the day was customer satisfaction.
Pros
Huge uniform allowance and staff card.
Cons
last minute events to set up, tight payroll budget
Sales Associate
Dorothy Perkink, sales associate (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent ST17 May 2018
Great managers. Good Teams, Good hours of working, positive job role. fast paced environment, bad parking, high level of complaints. Help was always given when needed
Pros
full time lunches
Cons
High level of complaints
very political
SECURITY SUPERVISOR / SECURITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  London27 April 2018
lack of support from the sub contractual security service. Very political and more politics than in the house of commons.

Leaving the building at the end of the day
Pros
great people
Cons
management lacking support and drive
positive enviroment
Store and Concession Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow23 April 2018
great company for learning really value and want people to stay if money better you would never leave ,they invest in people , training and stores , benefits and holidays extremely good
Fun and nice
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 April 2018
Good place to work, people are nice, good staff discount, good management, good location, nice customers, jobs include talkingto custoemrs, make sure shop floor is clean, working in stock room, putting clothes out, working on cash desk and processing refunds
Pros
things to do
Cons
4 hour shifts
Chaotic, seat of the pants management
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London16 April 2018
Ruthless senior management, blame culture with people 'disappearing' overnight; it had the feel of a 1970's style culture. They need to do less and do it better, rather than doing too much and doing it badly.
Productive & Fun
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City20 March 2018
I’ve gained all my experience working for Topshop and the company itself is an amazing place to work for.
I started as a part time sales assistant and within 1 year I was made to a full time team leader, I really enjoy this role as it gives me the responsibility of running a team and motivating targets and deadlines etc.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2018
Young, trendy and fun. Lots of hard work but you get to achieve a lot, Hard work pays dividends and given the varies brands under Arcadia, career progression is good.
Very good workers and appropriate work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braehead, Glasgow21 February 2018
The staff and coworkers were extremely helpful and nice when I was first starting out and the company always well and truly above in helping its staff and showing credit where it was due.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Late nights
Working within the arcadia group
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Wallis21 February 2018
They are a fabulous company to work for I spent many years working for them. They are very fair employer and offer great advancement within the company.
Pros
good staff discounts
Arcadia Finance
Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 February 2018
People are great to work with and management is generally very supportive within Finance. Struggles to get the right people in the right roles and is too reliant on grads to do the churn as systems are appalling. Young and vibrant culture in most areas.
Pros
Office bar and discounts on clothes
Cons
Lack of strategic direction and communication
Great Experience
Customer Service Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hull, England30 January 2018
I managed to gain a true understanding of the importance of customer service. I became experienced from a young age in how to proactively and positively deal with a wide variety of customers, and serve their needs. I developed a strong knowledge of visual merchandising, and how that can influence sales. I really value the impact fashion can have upon a person, and the confidence it can give them. The hours were beneficial.
Every day is different
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire25 January 2018
Each day is a challenge which I love, fast working job and there is always something to do. Customers are pleased majority of the time, very easy job and wonderful understanding management teams. I’ve managed to work my way up to a vm just after 2 years of working with Arcadia. Always be keen to learn more and use your initiative and you’ll always success in the Arcadia group.
Pros
Always something to be getting on with - always busy
Cons
some hours can be long if you don’t want them
A very good company to be part of
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 January 2018
I started here working as a YRS trainee.
I have been employed since 1996 and have enjoyed my experience here. It's been a very multi experience business group.
ArcadiaGroup
Team Leader to Arcadiagroup Incident Support (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 January 2018
Arcadia is good company,
A typical day at work, looking security issues, dealing with Retail issues with clients and servers. And putting projects together.

Lovely people in workplace culture.

I have learned to put people first, and do the best that I can for the users.
Pros
25 discount on Clothes
Hard working for little recognition
International Visual Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London19 January 2018
I wouldn't recommend working here, the staff work hard and are under paid. It was a great starting job to begin in London but I would never advise anyone to join this company
Great people
Senior Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 January 2018
Packed full of great people with plenty of experience. Shared across London and Leeds the head office functions cover all areas of the business supporting retails stores and the digital offering.
Pros
Great people
Fun workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire7 January 2018
Great place to work and great brands to work with, there is something for everyone making it easy to help customers and give them the best customer service possible.