Arcadia Group Employee Reviews

Horrible company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 September 2018
I have worked for Topshop for 3 years and in the beginning it was a really good company to work for it used to be really good for progression and the salary was competitive. I would only recommend for someone who is young and looking for part time work. Now stores are under staffed and poorly treated. The only benefit of working here is the discount. The management leave the floors severely understaffed and leaving the team leaders to constantly deal with complaints about things going wrong, being under staffed and often the stores being really hot during the summer. The management really do not care about the staff and there well being in the slightest. It is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for with nearly all the staff in my store looking for a new job.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours, management and treatment of staff
"Great company lots of possibilites to develop"
Purchase Order Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds1 July 2018
I have been working at Arcadia full-time (More than a year) and have thoroughly enjoyed my employment.

Pros

Very flexible around university both during term time and during the holidays when I've went traveling. Most of the staff are very friendly and there is a great working culture in store.

Cons

Sometimes poor communication with staff who only work a few shifts per week. High staff turnover. Little support or encouragement for people on small contracts to progress to higher levels.
Pros
Career Development - Great staff benefits (Sample sales, discount, amazing head office refit) - Great learning and development opportunities - Great company culture
Cons
- Lots of company changes to streamline the business has meant a lot of changes internally.
Great place to work.
Stockroom Team Leader/ Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth20 August 2018
Have been at Topshop/Topman for 6 months now, love the atmosphere working here, all colleagues are friendly, no cliques. The benefits and discounts are amazing, I am now an official clothes addict. Even at the hardest, busiest times, all staff stay positive and keep the vibe going. Management are caring, and make sure your work to life ratio stays in balance. Easy to progress, it's up to you to continue your training and achieve greater things, you're never pushed unless you want that extra motivation.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
My colleagues are great, but management are too pushy
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire13 September 2018
I work on the tills, deal with customers. Tidy and restock the shop floor. My colleagues are great, I've made friends for life. Management favour people who do more hours and sometimes disregard the staff who do fewer hours. Not always a rewarding job, you don't get praise very easily. I like what I do however I can't see myself growing further in the role.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Not always rewarding
A lot of work for 0 benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire1 June 2018
Although Dorothy Perkins has helped me to meet some important people in my life and helped me to gain valuable skills as it was my first job, I would not recommend working for this company. Not only are there 0 benefits (unless you want to open a credit card and get yourself into debt, as almost all of my colleagues have done), but Dorothy Perkins don't care about anyone who is below management level. There is 0 job security, we were told and started preparing for our shop to close down TWICE before it actually did, both times we were only given 2 months to find new jobs only to then be told a fortnight before that we're staying open. I will add that Arcadia did a good job at trying to secure us all different jobs in transfer locations. Management take advantage of their staff, expecting them to do work above their pay grade on a daily basis and give 0 consideration to their staffs life outside of work.
Pros
home time, uniform allowance (70% discount on selected clothes, up to a certain price ever quarter)
Cons
bad management, no respect for their employees
extremely good place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire8 August 2018
i worked there for two years and not once did i ever question should i leave. it was a great experience from start to finish and i was very sad to leave. everyone working there will make you feel at home and you will have an immense amount of fun. it is like a family as i have met up with my ex colleagues over twice a week since leaving. the salary for a young person is great but not so much as you get older. was great for a part time job or full time after just graduating.
Pros
family style environment
Cons
poor progression routes
Fun place to work but poor benefits, salary and progression limit opportunities.
Merchandising Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2018
Poor entry level salary compared to average in London and short sighted management views detract from a fun and friendly place to work. Progression is not as fast as presented during application process. If you're set on a Merchandising or Buying though than this is the place for you; there's lots to learn and plenty of people willing to teach.
prouctive an fun work environment
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  burton hempstead valley1 October 2018
my job on the whole is great, it the perfect first job in my opinion, the management at my store are amazing and the area manager sally is also great. I would say the only downside to it is the salary, however the benefits make up for that in a way
Pros
25% discount in any arcadia store
Cons
low hourly rate at £5.75
Wonderful company
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire19 November 2018
By far the best company i have worked for. Good benefits for all staff. the pay was fair at the time i worked there. It was a fun work environment with lots of bubbly staff and easy to approach management. I only left the job because i moved out of the area.
Community inside a workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead17 May 2018
I've worked at Topshop/Topman Maidenhead for over a year and have enjoyed every single bit of it. The benefits within the company are great as you get 25% off of clothes and 60% off a certain number of clothes. I'm currently on an eight hour contract but the company offers me a lot of overtime so I can boost my contracted hours. Some companies don't offer an hour lunch but here if your shift is a certain amount of time you can receive an hour lunch which is a lot of time to go get food and buy items on your break. I have made friends with all the staff in the company which helps the job more enjoyable.
Pros
Really good discounts, an hour break, community of friendly staff, flexible hours, good holiday booking system
Cons
Some difficult customers
a typical day at work
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 September 2018
great place to work with some benefits, nice atmosphere and productive. every day is a different day with new challenges. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and able to help them with any queries they have. the hardest part of the job is to be in one department and not able to work around the shop.
Fun to work in
Manageress (Former Employee) –  Hereford21 October 2018
Sales, merchandising, cashing up, staff rota, opening and closing store. Handling the Public with complaints or praise. Window dressing. I really did enjoy this Job but i became bored
A great starter job
Customer Advisor to Manager (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex15 October 2018
Evans was my very first role. It started off as just a Saturday role, however I was able to work myself up to be a store manager.
It is great as a first role to get your teeth into, however it would get a bit repetitive.
Pros
development
Cons
salary
Not a good environment to work in ...
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 May 2018
Pros:
Salary

Cons:
Management. ( had favourites but never had time for other members of staff)

Staff morale.

Unorganised rota. (shifts changed all the time, sometimes without being told)

Asked for shorter breaks/ dinners (lack of staff)

Prison like atmosphere. ( never allowed to talk, stand and help customers due to being asked to do other jobs)

All I’m saying is if you choose to work here you will be miserable.
Good environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool2 August 2018
Good management, pay and working environment. Also
staff friendly, boss was considerate and fair with all employees. Also good staff benefits such as discount.
Pros
staff discount, good hours
Cons
can be stressful when busy
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 November 2018
a fun lively place to work, easy to pick up shifts as a university student, Good benefits such as uniform allowance, dynamic fast paced environment. Which allows people to thrive
ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham3 September 2018
It was an ok company to work for, my salary was always good and the staff were always good to work with, i would definitely work for arcadia again now or in the future for sure.
Location of the place is nice
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2018
wouldn't recommend working here as you are not valued enough for what you do, the benefits of working here are alright but applying for them is like applying for something you're almost not supposed to get its almost like a chore
Pros
Cons
unsociable hours
great place to work
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Richmond upon Thames11 August 2018
great members of staff
was able to show my skills and was able to progress a lot with the help of the manager
not enough hours and not the best pay
really good benefits
Pros
managers and benefits
Cons
hours
Productive and fun work place
Advanced Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex27 June 2018
I enjoyed working for the brand, as there was. Fun and dynamic working environment, whilst being able to develop my communication skills and customer service abilities.
Pros
Interacting with others and staff benefits
Cons
Unsociable hours / minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arcadia Group. Our community is ready to answer.