Arcadia Group

Arcadia Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,728 reviews
Found 1,728 reviews matching the search
The atmosphere of the work place is great and I always enjoyed working with my colleagues. Everyone was very supportive and I never felt as if I had no one to help me if I had an issue.
Productive, fast-paced, well-rewarding
Each day brought new challenges and tasks to the team, importance of teamwork on shift, most enjoyable part of the job was almost everything - especially dealing with customers as it can be the most rewarding experience, also challenging when occasionally something has gone wrong for the customer, but each new challenge provides a new set of skills. Excellent management team and this job taught me customer service skills, importance of communication, time and organisational skills, also call-handling. Thoroughly enjoyed working at Topshop.
Fun
Fun atmosphere, brilliant co workers. brilliant customers. was busy especially during the weekend. I was able to work here along with attending sixth form
Pros
city centre
Cons
busy
Great training and overall experience
Great place to progress. However there is a clear structure within the business that can be competitive. Great benefits and location. Overtime is not paid for.
Greedy
Only care about figures, not people. Only company I have ever worked for where you cannot get to speak to HR in person, all on 1st floor and no one on shop floor is allowed upstairs to speak to them.
Managers have no man management skills at all.
Good company to work for
Lots of benefits working for this company, including discounts, money off of clothes, help to buy uniform. A nice team to work with and everyone is told what to do at the start of the shift
Terrible company
Horrible company.
Promotions and pay based purely on who you are friends with and not at all on ability.

Sexist. Males in Scotland are given no opportunities and are paid significantly less than females in the same roles.

No help from HR.

Bullying has become incentivised.
Pros
Met some good people
Cons
Everything else
Fun and productive workplace
I enjoyed my time with Arcadia group, The team were welcoming and supportive. I would recommend working within this chain.
There is a lot of room for progression and being a large chain means there are plenty of stores up and down the country.
Bullying
As someone already wrote before, the company doesn't care about the employee's, it doesn't have any social distancing rules put in, people are treated very bad because of very poor management, which does nothing, just keeps on keeping there favourite people safe, especially one of the department manager, which is known as in a lot of warehouses as a person which uses bullying, he is known for bullying and harassment, there was a lots of people complaining to HR, which every time they were ignored, very poor and unhappy person, which thinks that manipulating people, pretending to help them, they think everyone will believe them, a lot of managers, which could bring something good to this company, they fired themselves because of work with this manager. Forcing and scaring people that if they don't come to over times they will get fired, absent then they will get fired, management doesnt care about the fact that we have families, all that matters is businesses to them, a lot of people regularly don't get payed, I don't advice anything in this company, its all for show, employees dont have the respect they should be getting, all that matters is the company not people, when it comes to HR to this company it doesnt help the people it helps the company.
Great Working Environment and Team
Team are very open to sharing and work brilliantly together. The culture in head office has a good balance between relaxed and results focused. I have not been with Arcadia long but already see it is great be part of the team who are all pulling in the same direction.
Pros
Good benefits and flexible hours if needed.
Cons
Retail is a challenge industry.
Chill
Met amazing people
25% discount, 60% off for uniform

Very chilled - can’t complain

Supportive management

Pay is poor

Company as a whole doesn’t really care about u (but find me a company that does)
A company that has been stuck in the past for too long
Was employed for my experience but it was never put to use as they were too stuck in their ways. No forward thinking, no interest in new ideas. I learnt nothing and was not allowed to change anything. The most enjoyable part was driving my car.
Pros
Nice car
Cons
Dept culture was backwards
Horrible culture of bullying major racism
Awful place to work racism hierarchy involved lack of promotion for black members of staff, frequent hostile power trip behavior from managers like sending whole group emails nit picking mistakes that is done to humiliate.
Female managers are catty, HR never ever listen to you always side with bully managers.I still have nightmares working for this place and the humiliation I endured I also had my phone stolen by colleague, so they could extract personal info about me and miraculously appear the next day in my draw. The bullying was terrible and spreading of gossip and character assassination and isolation techniques.

I was so happy the ceo Philip Green faced scrutiny for his racist behavior it literally is like a slave ship in this company so much racism and racial stereotypes hurled at employees especial customer service department online. It was so bad I got stressed and and resigned with reasons of management harassment and racism being involved. I dont buy any of their products as a result and recruitment agencies need to warn BAME job seekers not to bother applying.
Retail
Salary isn't great minimum wage. This does not go up a lot if you get promoted to team leader, visual merchandiser, or product specialist. But I guess this is in line with many other clothing retailers. Nice work environment with a social aspect (not down to managers).
Fast paced and stressful
Wouldn't recommend, company doesn't care about employees, especially during this Covid-19 outbreak. Warehouse should temporarily close like the shops have as many colleagues having to work unavoidably close together and not supplying essential goods or service to the public. The only PPE gloves available are too small, would fit Children, wipes availability is intermittent, sanitizer posts are fairly good. 2 metres apart is NOT being enforced and in many circumstances is not possible due to warehouse layout. Employees health is being put at risk working in this warehouse.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Communication is poor, management have limited people skills and training
The customer was okay.
The company is okay to work for as a stepping stone or to get you some experience. The experience you gain is very good. That is it also free parking.
Productive and supportive environment
My time at Aracadia was positive as I worked with a supportive group of people who were always willing to help me learn more about the job and I acquired an valuable set of skills.
Amazing team and work ethic.
From being on the shop floor to leaving at the end of your shift, you are guaranteed to be either making friends for life in your colleagues or being constantly given jobs to help pass your time quickly and effectively.
Friendly and fast paced work place
really enjoyed my time there got on well with the staff and the work itself was not the most horrendous in the world. Would recommend to anyone especially for invoice work!
Awful place to work
Too much focus on speed and accuracy not actual customer service management too strict staff not always treated equally! Don’t consider people with disabilities until too late! Unrealistic job targets
Cons
Location unrealistic job targets
Fun place to work
Lovely company to work for with great perks including staff discount, early finish fridays and regular work drinks. Young workforce and a lovely head office.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arcadia Group. Our community is ready to answer.