Arc Hospitality Recruitment

Arc Hospitality Recruitment Employee Reviews

United Kingdom209 reviews
I worked at Arc Hospitality Recruitment part-time for less than a year.
recruitment process was very efficient.

sometimes long hours with not enough break.
This company offers, wide area of jobs for people seeking quick employment. It has a good pay structure and is well oriented and organised. It was challenging at first working in a fast paced environment, but with my time my skills improved.
Working at ARC Recruitment , the working hours are very flexible and the job role is very demanding but still fun to do. The company is very professional and always looks after their employees.
Pros
free lunch and training
Cons
less payment
It's not great. Generally work varies from shift to shift, but can be as little as 3 hours and sometimes as long as 13 hours. There is no typical day, since each event is different that the last and working with the same people on different shifts is uncommon.
Sure you will learn how to manage a cash register, serve cooked foods and drinks, and if you want to you can go into cooking and waiter work. However, you are doing so at a job with no concrete rhythm, whereas a part time job would be forced to give you set hours a week.

The management is okay, they're understanding but also as strict as they need to be since their company is being employed so they have to look good.

The workplace culture is very weird honestly. Since the people you work with from shift to shift are often completely different, people aren't particularly friendly simply because they don't have time to make new friends each shift. Not only that, but there is a divide between those who are working there to get a little bit of extra money and those who are working there trying to desperately do as many shifts as possible.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that there may be a month where there are zero shifts available and you can not earn any money, that and sometimes you have to take shifts which involve 12+ hours of work with 3+ hours of transport there and back.

As for the most enjoyable part? I mean I didn't really enjoy to much of it. I did it because I needed to.
Pros
Can give experience
Cons
Long hours, very variable
Cannot complain. I am an ex-employee (because of my own doing!) These guys rule the roost in my opinion in that sector! Recruitment consultant are warm and approachable.
Amenable to cancellations so long as they were given good notice.
Lots of shifts available.
A great agency communication is excellent. Every shift is different working in different places which makes it fun and diverse. The freedom to work when you want.
Working at ARC is a very good way to earn money and gain experience, due to the high number of customers who you have serve it helps you build confidence and character especially when you serve different types of people.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
Short Hours
A Hospitality company covering a wide range of events including Football stadiums, horse races, and all aspects of hospitality both frnot and back fo house.
Working with ARC Hospitality was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I worked at several different events and met new people every shift. It helped me gain my confidence and my customer skills a little more as I was serving several people each and every day.
Staff were incredibly rude, accusing almost all the workers of stealing money from the register. Although breaks were included in our pay, a break was incredibly rare. Completely disrespectful. DO NOT GO WITH ARC.
Pros - Great place to work. Management is friendly. Work in some cool venues. Flexibility is a big plus as you can choose your shifts and can work as little or as much as you want.

Cons - Due to the nature of the job the shifts are irregular. In December there are loads of shifts. In Jan, Feb there is maybe one/two shifts a week. Perfect for students but not ideal as a stable job if you have rent to pay.
The main problem of Arc Hospitality is the fact that you can booked yourself in any shift but most of the times the manager will not answer your request on time so no work. Furthermore, as it is a casual job, there is no assurance on how many days you work in a week.
Being able to choose your own work hours was very useful and easily fit into my schedule. I was always well informed of all the work offers they had currently available.
Get to meet new people everyday and work with them. the work environment is good because everyone is on job and know what they do and if you're new they assignment you to a person who teaches till you're comfortable on your owm.
The managers were helpful and they provided on-site training, which aided first-timers and made everyone feel more welcome and comfortable to work. I would continue to work with Arc should they have more shifts open in my area.
I think the hardest part about this job was not working enough hours and not earning minimum wages. The work part of it was easy enough but when it came to the money side it wasn’t enough to live on
i think the pay rate at arc use disgusting because if your under 18 you get paid minimum wage and you do the same things as the older people do i think they should change the pay rate as is not acceptable.
i would recommend working for them, however need a bit clearer instructions for the employees when set on task. a day at work would start late depending on the shift you had take. if you are not needed on site however still showed up on time, you will be excused with half of the pay for that specific day, so they treated their workers very fair.
The shifts were fast paced and varied, the grand nationals were a particularly busy time and the betting shifts no matter how busy were fun and well paid. Loved working here, however shift availability was slightly irregular
Shifts for Arc Hospitality were easy to apply for through their app and once received the shifts were pleasant with supportive and friendly co-workers. Learned how to work Back of House and as Waiting Staff for major events such as 'Best Parties' Derby and 'Christmas Parties' Nottingham.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arc Hospitality Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9