Aramark

Aramark Pay & Benefits reviews

Fun place to work at
Aramark is a productive place to work at, colleagues are really nice and supportive, and the pay is less but consistent.We have other benefits as well.
Can be a very physical job
Terrible rate of pay only minimum wage management poor the better the worker you are the more you get to do. people don't pull there weight get let off with it
Pros
Hours of work are good
Cons
Rate of pay poor
Not the beat plase to work
Under staffing, there's 3 drift contracts as thay toke over from a nuther company, the mod, ther is no benefits compared to the ones on old contract who get dubel time and extra holidays
First time at Aramark
The work life balance is the draw card here and being paid every four weeks is good too. Poor pension scheme and limited movement within the company so far.
Waitress
Pay was okay. 0 hours contracted so suited me as I’m young so could basically choose when I could work. Management was good and were willing to try and help with any problems you had. Good at making sure you had all your health and safety levels.
Not a friendly team player place
Very clicky even big bosses, bullying from higher up, very stressful, little praise, if any at all? No training, ILL fitting uniforms. No job cover,no help support or guidance. Felt very very let down, left very stressed, had to go off sick because of the stress and job conditions,
See below
Working for Aramark can be fun, challenging and rewarding depending on the site location, colleagues and upper management team overseeing said location.

I'm rather lucky that I generally enjoyed my role within the company, and my line manager and fellow colleagues were great.

The work wasn't too strenuous and the clients were very friendly too.

Sadly, there was no job progression and the salary/Wage is fairly low in comparison to other sites/companies performing the same duties.

To sum it up, Aramark isn't a bad company to work for, but neither is it great either.
AD-HOC Steward
If you're ad-hoc you might get a lot work on summer time but, not do much in winter time. Not a lot permanent slots. For what we do, we should get paid more.
Highly Recommend
My time at Aramark was very enjoyable, work was good but I like the traveling in between contracts.
As long as work was done right and on time you were more or less left to get on with it.
Help was always there if you needed it.
Worst employer i have ever come across, their attitude is, make money dam the staff, the les staff the better, less wages to pay out.
If you want to keep your health stay away. Worst employer I've come across. Worked on the minimum amount of staff to keep overheads down. If staff went sick we where expected to cover for them and do our own shift, as a chef we where expected to man the tills and serve the food if short staffed.
Pros
No positives
Cons
The company
So boring, you can not learn anything extra
I recommend for someone who need a life balance.
It has minimum wages with 37.5 a week.

Not bad, but if you want to save some money, you can not,just if you are not alone.
Pros
30 mins unpaid break
Poor managment
Management is diabolical don't know what their doing
Short staffed all the time

Constantly on your feet

No confidentiality with management

Lack of knowledge
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Fan and friendly working place
Clean , good organize, fear to work there , everyone knows them duty , and treat with the respect . You have free lunch, free coffee, tea . And manager make sure you are taking lunch break , I really enjoy and love work in my collective.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Normal hours
They dont care at all about their staff.
Worked there for 10years. Every year it got worse with cut backs. They try and manage with what little staff they have and keep piling on the work. They drop your hours and give you more work load, don't replace staff so you do a 4 man job with as little pay as they can get away with. Quality of food is dismal.
Pros
Met some great people. Sociable hours.
Cons
Management, pay, work load, take criticisms from client's about quality of food that we have to use.
Managers don't care
Where I work management dont care about you or give any recognition for hard work.

I am a Food Service Assistant, you are expected to do your own work but also everyone else's too, they will leave you short staffed and even threat to get rid of even more of you so they can save money so forcing others to work even harder. It is the bitchiest place I have ever worked in my life management are the worst for it.

There is no good morale or any work incentives to make you want to try even a little bit for this company.

Formal complaints are not dealt with in the correct manner and are ignored a lot of the time.

I would never reccomend working for Aramark in the North Region I dont know what it is like in the South but For the Yorkshire Region they care only for the bases in Catterick.
Pros
Cons
Rubbish Managers, No incentive, No recognition for hard work, short staffed, too many agency that get paid alot more than you for the same job.
Avoid
awful company from top to bottom very disorganised no praise for staff at all .Since they took over Hestia contract more staff are leaving than staying .
Fun.
Fun place to work. Some employees get away with a lot more than others. Would like a lot more hours. I feel like I deserve a lot more hours as I’m eager to do overtime and ask the manager if she needs me in any earlier to help.
Pros
Get along with anyone
Cons
Okay hours
contract catering
I enjoyed working for Aramark there was a good team spirit , I liked because it,s always busy , we do breakfast in the morning then after we start doing lunch, then after lunch, we prep for the next day.
Never again
No benefits working here at all, pay was usually wrong! Management was useless! People always on the 'sick' worked overtime every day didn't even receive a thank you! Bullying constantly. My manager got away with just a slap on the wrist after shoving a team member, what a joke. If you get a job as a steward dont be fooled you are a glorified cleaner!!! Wasted 6 months with this company
Pros
Some decent people
Worst company ever
Enjoyed at first. Thèn expected to run hospitality on my own. Lots of work load on minimum wage. No support when asking for help. Staff members come and go. 10 in a year.
Pros
Free lunch when chef decides if your aloud one. Weekends off
Cons
Bad management. No progression.
Good learning experience on retailing
Excellent team work and good communication is is passed from the General manager to the entry level staff which creates a positive working environment.

Finally the salary is decent and payment is made on-time.
Pros
Free Launch
Cons
Inconsistent working shifts