Aramark

Aramark Pay & Benefits reviews: Chef

Chef39 reviews
United Kingdom39 reviews
Good company
I most enjoyed my role as chef at Aramark was my interaction with the patients to find out if we can improve the food for them.
Pros
New challenges each day
Cons
low pay
They dont care at all about their staff.
Worked there for 10years. Every year it got worse with cut backs. They try and manage with what little staff they have and keep piling on the work. They drop your hours and give you more work load, don't replace staff so you do a 4 man job with as little pay as they can get away with. Quality of food is dismal.
Pros
Met some great people. Sociable hours.
Cons
Management, pay, work load, take criticisms from client's about quality of food that we have to use.
Avoid
awful company from top to bottom very disorganised no praise for staff at all .Since they took over Hestia contract more staff are leaving than staying .
Cons
Nice place to work but, lack of displine mars the enjoyment.
very paced and hard as i worked alone, as an experienced i didnt learn much . Very little care for the work force and it trickled down to the employees,while i was there i got threatened,informed the management but nothing was done about it. The hardest part of the job was dealing with GAs who didnt want to work. my enjoyment of the job was serving my customers and seeing their happy faces and the compliments they bestowed me.
Pros
Free meals on duty
Cons
Long adious hours
good money & Time off
Good salary when in work. Can be long periods without. Zero Hour Contracts not good. Poor progression prospects. good teams offshore makes the job good.
Pros
salary
Cons
progression
Catering
12hr shifts prep work cooking &a service feeding clients offshore always learning picking up ideas I manage &I organise the running of the kitchen also get on very well with my co workers hardest part of the job is traveling on helicopters the most enjoyable part is all the positive feedback I get from all the people I feed
Pros
Salary
Cons
Travel
not for chefs that enjoy the craft
Worked for Aramark as a junior chef then promoted to a senior chef was only ever a stopgap for me . But although the worklife balance is good and salary ok . I found the management to be as bent as nine bob note and driven by just money not good service . The food I was cooking was terrible and the ingredients were the worst quality I have seen in any kitchen. Granted it was a military base so the meals were heavily subsidised but can't help feeling would be better for the soilders to pay more and get better more nutrional food . Sausages with 25 percent pork ???? Imported saline injected chicken , spam I certainly wouldn't want to go to war on it .

So to sum it up if your after a consistent chefs job sociable hours ok salary . And you are ok with knocking out pretty rubbish food for soilders that know its rubbish and like a whinge then have crack but for me personally I love to cook 😃
Pros
easy work
Cons
boring
working with the M.O.D
good hard work...new skills...good people...nice....working on my own..learning new things
Pros
free food
Cons
early starts
excellent
this is an amazing place to work everyone looks out for each other it is like another family the hardest part of the job is when you are under pressure but you manage to get through it
Pros
free lunch
Cons
there isnt any
good
working for Aramark was really good. the job was quiet less and easy, which was a bit boring.
Pros
free meal and beverages
Cons
long hour
enjoyable and once in a lifetime oppotunity
A typical day was an 8 hour shift with one half hour break for food it was always really busy but well organised. Everybody i worked with were very nice and friendly.The hardeset part of the job for me was the travelling it took me 2 hours each way.The most enjoyable part was being part of something so big and i love sport and watch the olympics on tv so was great to be there and meet some of the olympians.The paraolympians were very inspiring.
Pros
free food
Cons
long travel
Productive & fun place
A verey good company to work for. they alow you quite a bit of freedom in your working enviroment
Pros
free lunches
productive & reliable company
It was amazing to work with them. I would like to do work with them if i get any opportunity. The management team was very helpful.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
flexible or long hours