AQA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom53 reviews
Interesting work, keen eye for detail needed
AQA involves responding to customer's questions or concerns in an empathetic, informative and light-hearted manner. The number of characters permitted to use is restricted so answers must be concise and grammatically perfect.
It is enjoyable work but payment is made per question answered. Therefore, the salary depends on how many questions are sent in, which isn't many at the moment!
Collaborative and Inclusive
Working for AQA is both collaborative and inclusive, meetings are reassuring and colleagues are supportive. You are never left to struggle on your own.
HR Temp - Fantastic company to work for !
I currently worked in the Human Resources department as a Temporary Worker. Its a fantastic team and everyone is very supportive. The senior management team have a great outlook and vision for the team. Communication is very important within HR and this can be clearly seen everyday. We have regular meetings as well so that we are kept in the loop of things.
Pros
Great canteen, lovely & supportive colleagues, fun place to work, very business focussed
Cons
a higher salary would be ideal but l know as a temp this is what you are paid
good place for a first job
The team i worked with was great for a first temporary job - everyone as friendly and outgoing. Management was alright - despite some of the team leaders being very untactful.
Everyone who worked there, whether they were new or not, were very nice people and the team leaders were always there to help when handling a difficult call, especially at the beginning of the job.
busy at times, dull tasks but good colleagues
each role focused upon one admin task, we had to meet quotas and had deadlines but these were manageable. There were intense periods but also times where there was not enough work. The management and colleagues were friendly and created a good working atmosphere.
Great atmosphere in the work place
The team leaders and line manager were very helpful, considerate and accomodating! I really enjoyed working there. They really look after their staff. They care about everyone's health and well being. The food in the canteen is really good and affordable. They are also very flexible with time off requests. Overall, they are an excellent company to work for.
Hard work but fun
A nice place to work. Lots of temps in the summer so a good atmosphere as there are so many people new / passing through. Pretty full-on working but no one wants or expects you to stay beyond your normal working hours unless agreed with you first. All overtime is paid at regular rate until you have done something like 47 hours and then it's time and a half, which is not so great.
Supportive Team
Really nice, helpful team that introduced me to the role and were regularly in contact to ensure everything was/is okay and to check if there was anything I needed. Really happy in the role.
Terrible management
i worked as a temp in summer 2015 and 2016.

The management was awful. They treated us like school children and like slaves.

The work was boring and it was high pressured .eenvenvironmentwhere
very professional and informative
Training is thorough and support readily available. I learn to recognise what is relevant tothe GCSE and it helps me to teach GCSE students specifically to their needs for the exams.
Pros
Great training
Cons
poor pay
Excellent management and training.
Thoroughly enjoyed working for AQA. Friendly and helpful colleagues. Varied tasks. Allowed to use initiative and implement new ideas. Good work/life balance.
Learned loads and worked with fab people at a time when we could all develop the culture together. travelling a lot was hard but the chance to grow alongside others, and support others to grow made it worthwhile.
Experience
I loved working for the AQA until all the exams were scanned and put online. This then turned into a work from home job and the wages were cut quite dramatically and it took more time to do the job.
Customer Service
The role and the environment is very easy going. The staff are friendly. You are able to dress casually to work. Lunches are 30 minutes and breaks are 15 which is a difference to retail posts but you are sat down all day so it inst too bad.
Lovely place to temp
Great place to temp for, shame the contracts aren’t longer. Everyone is so helpful and most of the TL’s are great too. Sufficient training provided. Would happily temp for them again. Most of the shifts are great but seem longer if doing a late
Pros
Most things
Cons
The late shift
amazing work culture
great holidays, great working hour, Breaks, Pension,
Sick pay. Great team to work in, Understanding Management.

Especially Christmas paid holidays.
Pros
christmas 1.5 week holiday
Effective teamwork
AQA encourage effective teamwork and as leaders, we are well supported. Deadlines are tight but moderators are committed. Questions regarding NEA are thoughtful and I am happy to respond in a way which is supportive of the school's understanding of the requirements. The hardest part of the job is distance communication with moderators/schools but this generally works well. The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring that each and every candidate is rewarded for what they know and that centres are fully aware of the requirements of the course.
Pros
Accurate result given on time reflecting students' efforts.
Cons
24/7 availability to centres.
job roles
working with the till, serving people, taking orders, preparing food I worked here from the 4th of January until the 25th of july, this was a part time job and I only worked here for a few months as it got handed over to a new boss and I was no longer needed.
Highly supportive and informative
I participated in the examiner training for AQA who were proficient in their communication, organisation and level of support provided for candidates.
Exam board not very organised
This board marks thousands of exam papers per year but does not really reward those that work hard and have expertise. The work is difficult and rather subjective.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not well paid