AQA Employee Reviews

Highly supportive and informative
Examiner (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom18 November 2018
I participated in the examiner training for AQA who were proficient in their communication, organisation and level of support provided for candidates.
Exam board not very organised
Examiner (Current Employee) –  Guildford/Manchester11 November 2018
This board marks thousands of exam papers per year but does not really reward those that work hard and have expertise. The work is difficult and rather subjective.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not well paid
Enjoyable to work
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford4 June 2018
It is a pleasure to work there. There are two coffee breaks for refreshing. I enjoyed working in a group and the management are absolutely brilliant. Our supervisor really happy about my Job.
Pros
Nice Environment
Cons
Less working hours
Useless Management, disability hostile, unsafe practices actively encouraged
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey4 May 2018
Management unsympathetic, can't listen, open favouritism
Unable to cope with disabilities
Output more important than health
Time pressures
Good pay
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
Useless management, can't listen, disabilty hostile, constant pressure to do overtime
Decent place
Curriculum Adviser (Former Employee) –  South London31 January 2018
Good place, especially for casual workers. Focus on exam qualifications and marking papers. Lots of admin jobs would suit young people and there are many who work there as students and stay on.
Friendly and efficient
Meeting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford26 January 2018
You'd start early and finish late but only had to work 4 days a week. Everyone is helpful and friendly, management where there to listen. I learned a lot about the education system and the workout into it running smoothly.
Pros
team environment
fun place to work
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire12 December 2017
i liked working there it was very enjoyable the people were nice the environment was good the staff were great i would definately recommend this place to people
Exam Marking
Examinations Officer (Former Employee) –  Home Based20 September 2017
working from home so very relaxed, time management is key to ensure completing contract in the time given. Can be repetitive and tedious if the IT systems are not working correctly.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
IT limitations you work with
Productive and friendly work place
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 August 2017
AQA is a Productive and friendly work place, everyone helps each other throughout every working day. The collaboration between departments is excellent during busy periods. The management is excellent and all personal needs and responsibilities and catered to.
Pros
Lots of holidays and good pay
Productive and good working environment
Temporary General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford28 June 2017
The roles were varied with each contract which could be from 4 weeks to 12 months.
I learned different skills from picking, packing, scanning and despatch when working in the warehouse part of the Company.

In the Administrative building, I learnt how to interact with various people from members of staff to the examiners to the schools to team members.Management varied on the task.

It was a great workplace with people from all walks of life from all parts of the world and all ages. We were all in the same boat doing temporary contract work whilst either looking for permanent work or for something to do after retirement.

The hardest part of the job was the end of the contract.

The most enjoyable part was going to work each morning and knowing that you won't be bored even if the jobs at hand could get repetetive.
Pros
Nice working hours 8-4 or 8.30 to 4.30., Varied roles.
Cons
End of Contract meant being out of work and not earning.
Okay place to work.
Preparation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester27 June 2017
Working at AQA is not bad, you gain good experience and meet good people. However the expectations can sometimes be a bit too high and unfortunately for someone who has just started the work place is quite it can be difficult as the work place does have a bit of politics involved however its nothing personal it just can be a bit of a disaster for those who do not get involved as much. Overall the experience is good and the pay rate is good.
Cons
Poor Management
Very productive daily worklife, constantly on the go, dont get a minute to breath, but good for a summer job quick money.
Administrator for Production and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 June 2017
Typical day at AQA as a admin for production and logistics is could be anything from opening exam paper parcels to identifying mistakes in results. A good place to work if you want quick money weekly for the summer. Hardest part of the job is doing the same thing repetitive and letters and numbers really do mess with your head when you leave but that is bound to happen as you are dealing with that every minute. The most enjoyable part of the job is the weekly pay and the opportunity of over time available. Overall I would say a excellent work place if you have the right mind set and skills.
Productive and fantastic place to work
Events Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester8 June 2017
AQA is a fantastic place to work and is greatluy managed with friendly staff and enviroment, that widens your knowledge. I would highly recommend tempory work at AQA. Especially for students looking for some extra money during summer and more experience to put on their CVS.
Great people
Qualifications Developer (Former Employee) –  Guildford7 June 2017
A specialised company in the education industry. Overall, a good place to work with excellent people. Turnover is either less than a year (it's just not for you) or you're a lifer!
Difficult environment
Temporary General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 June 2017
This was quite an easy job but it was full time with necessary overtime and a difficult environment to work in. I did learn the importance of confidentiality and how to work to a given deadline.
Professional working environment
Oracle Developer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Guildford26 April 2017
AQA were a professional, knowledgeable team, dedicated to delivering quality software. They managed to strike the correct balance between being a fun place to work and a professional working environment.
A good place to work
Regulatory Relationship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 February 2017
AQA has lots of lovely people working for it and everyone is working towards the same goal to ensure that students achieve their qualifications and become successful in life. There is a lovely atmosphere within AQA.
A supportive environment where everyone genuinely cares about education
Subject Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manchester26 September 2016
Relaxed and sensible work place culture where you're allowed to do your own thing within set parameters and all ideas are welcomed. The best thing about the job is the passion of the people who are genuinely committed to education and this shows in everything that the organisation does
Productive and rewarding environment.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester15 August 2016
Worked with many different staff. Workload can be hectic, especially during exam season. Requires ability to stay calm, to keep on top of workload.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Best company to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester29 June 2016
I had a temporary contract as exams season gets so much busier in the summer. I had a week of full 9-5 training for which I was fully paid. It also gave me the chance to meet my colleagues and develop friendships and understandings of the work we would be doing. The team leaders and managers are amazing; so helpful and friendly even with the most silly of questions. They were very flexible and understanding when it came to absences. During my working hours there were floor walkers and team leaders on hand to answer questions about any difficult case or problematic customer so I felt really supported and looked after. Because of this I could see myself learning very quickly and becoming more independent and AQA encourages all of these things. As the company is a registered charity there is a warmer feel about the place; not everything is so money driven and I really got the feeling that they care about their employees and customers (examiners, students, parents etc). If ever you needed a recap on a certain subject (there is a LOT to learn but the comprehensive training and booklets/handouts set you up well) team leaders were always on hand to talk you through any aspect you're struggling with. Also, when our contracts were over they extended most of us and gave us extra weeks. With other people, instead of releasing them so that they were unemployed, they moved them to another department on a more permanent basis so that they still had a job.
Pros
helpful and kind managers
Cons
location: Oxford Road is a nightmare