Applegreen Employee Reviews

Its just a cashier job
Cashier and Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesham24 January 2019
remote location. Have to work alone in remote location. Security issues. Long hours with no breaks. Management is incompetent.
I enjoy meeting the customers.
Pros
its flexible
Cons
no breaks
No support, no well done or thankyou. Spoken down to constantly. Empty promises are always made, yet they expect you to follow through with everything
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire9 January 2019
First of all it's such a same that this company don't care about any of their staff as if they did it would probably be a nice place to work. There is no support what so ever, no well done, no thankyou or please. If you do something good, they will not notice it but of course if you do something wrong or miss something they jump straight on it. You are always made empty promises for example, help and support, pay raise, progression, bonuses all of that was promised to most staff but never actually given which is such a shame when they all work so hard and deserve it. If you're not management you're just a number to them, and super easy to replace which is what I've heard them say before. If you're management then wow, you're in for a treat, spoken down to all the time, always told how bad you're doing and never picked up on the good things you've done and also empty promises. The worst one is how the area managers and high people talk and treat you, you are making them money and being the face of their business yet they have no time or respect for you. On my interview I was promised the world and more, please don't be fooled by this, they make. The company sound amazing but please see past that. I wish I did, I made a massive mistake leaving my other job to come here. I also received no training, most thing I just guessed. Wouldn't recommend for anyone to work here. While I've worked for them 8 people have left and walked out the door and I didn't even work there for a year. Now that is saying something.
Pros
All the pros are empty promises so you don't actually get any of them.
Cons
Spoken down to, no respect, no please thankyou or well done, empty promises, offered the world but it never happens, no help or support, no actual training given. You're just a number
Awful place to work
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend5 December 2018
I worked for subway at apple green on Treamins Road Bridgend. I was only there 2 weeks. I received no proper training. On my first shift i only did a 2 hour shift which was a waste of time the manager wasn't even there on my first evening. Customers where very rude too. I found that the manager was not very helpful as they were stressed. I was expected to be quicker serving customers with no proper training. Staff tarined but all had different approaches on how stuff was done when the manager should have done this for my first week not the staff who hadn't been there long enough to be able to train someone new and were still learning themselves.
Unapreciated
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bexhill, East Sussex30 November 2018
Working at this company is not worth it. You get no breaks and working alone with no support. The managers do not care about your well-being and will force to work even when ill. You get treated like garbage with no respect What so ever especially from upper management. The system is terrible the tills never work and the power is constantly on fritz. Where I work caught fire and was asked to enter to take picture while fire was alight. Subway staff in garage are also under paid and poorly treated and often have little to no training.
Pros
Weekly wage
Cons
Underappreciated, over worked, no breaks, no benefits, rude customers, underpaid
my first job and was awful
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire29 November 2018
i was 17 and they left the garage understaffed and i worked on the gas station sides tills servjng customers even thiugh i wasnt 18 yet. some days i had no breaks and worked so much times over time but they never paid for the extra work i did. was mostly paid late. the people were horrible and rudd and not a nice friendly helpful team to work with. i handed in my weeks notice and they got mad at me and were awful to work along especially that last week. very hostile and rude
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours, under paid, horrible company
Awful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Howden6 September 2018
Terrible place to work. Staff are treated as totally dispensible. Management get all the bonuses and staff get nothing. Please please think twice before working for them.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, low pay. Bad hours
Applegreen
cashier (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex30 August 2018
is a nice place to work with good people just underpaid.Learned how to deal with many type of customers,improved my English and my customer service skills.
Nice place
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury26 July 2018
Applegreen Aylesbury nice place to work
Manager great
Assistant manager we'll need a say more a waste should not be management
I worked here nice friendly people to work with but most just like to use mobile phone even assistant manager one day watched video whilst serving customer really should this be
It put me off working here as thought no protential for someone who really wants work hard
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No breaks
Horrible place to work avoid at all costs!!
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Shropshire17 June 2018
Joke off a company no discount no perks lone working never hated a job so much in all my life area manager who has obviously wrote on this site to try and lie about this company is a joke bost about sacking a manager a month and making you feel like you were on the verge off being sacked no people skills never acknowlged any off the staff and spoke to you like you was thick and dirt
Pros
Finishing your shift
Cons
The job
A joke
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Littleport8 May 2018
This place gives you no work life balance. You will have to do back to back shifts or 16 hour straight shift with no breaks and the Rota a joke as well and the manger biggest joke of them all with no people skills or understanding only work here if truly desperate otherwise avoid I promise you that
Pros
Cons
Very long hours
Shambles of a workplace
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Great bridge4 May 2018
Management never sort out fair Rotas for normal staff .. late pay overworked under staffed .. management never stepped in when understaffed .. left to run the garage and Subway when it was there on my own and none of management answered the phone or tried to sort out cover. Absolute shambles of a place to work for avoid! No staff discount no set breaks.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Don’t work there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welshpool26 April 2018
Hated the job! Management would bullie there staff. Know security you was left to run a petrol station, stock shelves and clean the shop on ur own. There was know brakes I was told I had to have my lunch while serving Customers
Appalling, Diabolical
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands14 April 2018
This is a terrible place to work, the manager had no consideration for her staff and their circumstances. she was selfish and rude towards staff and customers. did NOT operate in a professional manner.
Pros
Cons
No break though-out the 8 hour shift, rude manager, regular shop lifters, just the job in general
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  South West8 April 2018
Applegreen are a great business to work for. If you want to work hard and learn... Come here. You can be proud of yourself and enjoy your chances as the business grows.
Pros
People, jobs prospects
Infairly treated
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire7 April 2018
Seriously never worked in such a messed up place in my life, the management were complete toxic people. They expect the world out of the staff, so the higher ups have nothing to do except demoralize their employees. I wouldn't want my worst enemies working in this aweful place. I complained to senior managment, but they were just a toxic and protected there terrible managers.
There is a ton of lone working, and without any decent training. Never ever work in this terrible place.

I would have more bad things to say about this company but the list would go on forever
Pros
Cons
Bad managment, poor pay, unfair treatment, lone working alot
Wouldnt ever work here again
Sandwich Artist, Subway M2 Templepatrick (Former Employee) –  Belfast6 April 2018
Literally the worst job i have ever had the management do not have a clue what they are doing im still owed holiday pay and the site manager told me every week i was getting it and never got it, i asked could i ring them and he said no they dont have contact info for them. Was lied to over and over would go from 60 hr weeks to 10 hours which was illegal in my contract, left and want to warn people dont even bother applying for here unless u wanted treated like dirt.
Pros
None u even have to pay for food on ur break
Cons
No job security, management havent a clue what they are doing, zer morale among staff
Totally inept
Customer facing counter slave (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside6 April 2018
The attitude of the management towards the staff is one of utter contempt. Wages consistently wrong and have no regard to your well-being. Treated like slaves and messed about as if it were some kind of game. No career prospects what so ever. As soon as a job comes up in gone. All they want is staff on less than 16 hrs per week to make you grovel for work. Do not work for this firm.
Pros
Cons
Many
woeking at applegreen
Customer Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Belfast27 March 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Applegreen very much so. the staff were all very welcoming and friendly and taught me a lot of things. I gained a lot of experience working with customers here.
Do not bother
Petrol Station Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 February 2018
Absolute awful place to work
Left on your own no safety training
I had to apply for compassionate leave for the sudden death of a family member which I have never heard anything so stupid manager didn’t have a clue how to run a petrol station the assistant manager let the role go to her head
work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoddesdon6 February 2018
the garage was awful. no proper management. all the staff was untrained. they altered wages for no reason which was under minimum wage. very rude to staff.