Apple Work-Life Balance reviews

Great work environment
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  London2 September 2018
Great teamwork work environment, fantastic corporate culture, excellent benefits. If you love customer service and technology this is the right environment for you. It is always busy and there is always a positive buzz. The team are like a family and support each other.
Pros
Work environment and benefits
Cons
Work life balance
A fun place with fellow creatives and likeminded people
Specialist/Personal Setup (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2018
- I start my day with a group meeting which lasts about 30mins, giving info on how the day will run.
- I learnt so many things working for a tech company over the years, from working the devices to selling services to clients to better their experience.
- management was constantly on rotation so it was difficult to build rapport at some occasions.
- the hardest thing was not having enough time in a day to achieve all personal goals
- I really enjoyed speaking to customers, teaching about new products an problem solving.
Pros
work with a strong team
Cons
recognision
Best people in the world
Technical Expert (Former Employee) –  Brighton22 August 2018
Title says it all. I don't have time to go into detail, if you really want to know how I feel about the company I strongly recommend getting in touch to organise an interview.
Creative and busy workplace
Creative- Full Time (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol6 August 2018
Great place to work. Fun but very busy. Great leadership and a well balanced day. Focus on work/life balance is massive here and a healthy lifestyle so you are encouraged to use gyms, run, cycle to work and eat well.
Great times here over the five years I was there for.
Pros
High level training on all things Apple.
Cons
Depending on the role, it can be exhausting.
Very fun and rewarding workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton2 August 2018
Amazing place to work, always fun and makes you excited to go to work each day, Nice to be able to help people and tell them the truth. Hard to move up into higher roles as so many people are also trying.
Everybody feels like a family there
Pros
Healthcare, Exciting, fun
Cons
Great people, great company, great values.
Technical Expert (Current Employee) –  Norwich16 July 2018
Apple is a great place to work for a variety of reasons. The best reason is the people - Apple is notorious for hiring pleasant, friendly people and everyone I work with is exactly that, even the management.
The leadership team and Apple listen to us as employees, and ion my time with them the environment has changed so much to accommodate our feedback and to make our work life more pleasant and therefore we become more productive.
Pros
benefits, team, rewarding work
The best workplace I have worked at
Specialist (Former Employee) –  London27 June 2018
Very challenging environment being in the Regent st. store as it is the busiest store in EU.
A lot of entitled customers do come in expecting you to fix all their problems on the spot, just because they have purchased an expensive product.

Work can be fun and lighthearted but their is still an expectation from management to uphold excellent customer services. They expect you to often go beyond excellent at times which can be draining if you are new to it.

You will genuinely meet customers who are cool and often doing exciting things in media which if you are studying any of those subjects could be very beneficial to your progress as you never know who you may meet.

Overall, the company can be (i've heard it reffered to as) Culty in the way they love apple. But i guess that is what it takes for them to deliver, and it does show.

It is still a great company to work for and you will be rewarded fairly with pay rises and shares.

I really did enjoy working there you'll meet some cool people some old people but that wont stop you from getting on with them.

Also genera
Pros
Share Scheme, pay, Not hardwork, Free food sometimes on holidays
Cons
Over the top customers, Culty environment at times
fast paced
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent9 May 2018
i have worked in a few stores and they all have there own kind of people. each store hires people with similar interests. so i found personalities can clash when new people arrive.
overall the company can be good to work for if your overly passionate about the brand. I just had a bad experience with pay and hr along with other issues caused me to fall out of love with the brand. i will always continue to use apple products even after i stop working for the company.
benefits
Cons
stressful environment
Great opportunity for young professionals
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex9 May 2018
A interesting company to work for with some great opportunities for young professionals to understand the culture with a gigantic organisation. Limited opprtunties to progress through the company.
Pros
Stock entitlement
Cons
Lack of people centric management
Great fun
Retail specialist (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes1 May 2018
The job was amazing, the culture and the staff were all so supportive and had unique talents. It is more than a shop. The customer service skills you gain are like no other too.
Pros
Lunch, salary, culture, joy, events.
Cons
Little flexibility, long hours
N/a
Channel Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  London25 April 2018
Fantastic company for experience. No work/life balance or progression of career. Great exposure to some International projects and cross functional work
Excellent Company
Specialist at flagship store on Regent Street (Current Employee) –  London15 April 2018
- Very good company to work for
- Amazing benefits
- Strong focus on customer service and honesty
- Career development sometimes limited
- Not working with commissions creates great atmosphere
Best company in the world
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bromley9 April 2018
I loved the culture of this company, the focus was its employees and keeping them happy. Because if your employees are happy, they'll do the job anyway. A lot of love, a lot of creativity & a lot of area for personal growth
Pros
Discounts, Free private Health Care
Cons
Depending what store you work in, hours can be until late
Great company
Product Manager, Apple Retail EMEA (Former Employee) –  London25 March 2018
Lots of potential and growth opportunities
Clearly they are the number 1 company in the world it was a dream to have worked in this company!
They also encouraged internal transfers as well
An incredible family, a privilege.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Various5 March 2018
Everyones experience is different, but of one thing I am certain. Everyone in my team cared deeply about the work that they do. and it brings me great happiness every day to see the things that each of them achieve as they move of into the world.
Productive and fun workplace
Family room specialist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2018
It was lovely meeting customers from all over the world walk into the apple store. Friendly team. If you are a people's person I would recommend the job as you get to meet people from different walks of life.
Pros
Free lunch on special occasions
Cons
Great atmosphere, employee care is excellent
Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  Exeter20 February 2018
Nice place to work, diverse and accepting. Colleagues felt like family. A lot of opportunity to develop, move up, or into different departments. Management make a big effort to ensure job satisfaction and general care.
Pros
Healthcare, dental, discounts, free snacks
Cons
Busy environment, on feet all day
Moving to a new country
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 January 2018
Apple has made it quite easy to get a job with good pay, positive mentors, and a great mythology as far as work in IT and Retail. I have made many friends here and I can say without a doubt it's a great start for anyone looking to become more technologically advanced.
Ok for shop work
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire26 January 2018
Working at the apple store was ok
It was retail work during holiday season so it got busy but the technology & store layout made it easy to engage customers and process sales.
The culture at the company means you will excel if you are willing to be a "company person" - good work/life balance if working part time
Hours not that flexible.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire25 January 2018
Management involved and helpful. Full training given before given independent tasks. Job was occasionally challenging, made the work interesting and encouraged to work harder.