Appetite4work

Appetite4work Employee Reviews

United Kingdom41 reviews
Great staff to work with. I enjoyed working with different people and seeing what it is like to work in a fast- pace environment. I learned new skills too.
Pros
Free break food
Cons
Stressful at times
I am able to work what hours I want with a vast selection of different jobs varying from hotels, restaurants, cafes, event caterers and pubs - which has given me confidence in many different fields.
Pros
Working with different people
Cons
Rate could be higher
Good for its variety and the ability to choose your own shifts works well with a balance of work/life and can be good for working in line with a second job. Management is efficient and easy to get hold of if there are any problems.
It is student friendly and very flexible especially if you are a university student. They also offer to drop you off at work and give you a ride home if shift is not local which is very convenient
I like working with this company. The supervisors are very friendly and accommodating.

The co workers are also amazing, we work like we've known each other for long. It's always stress free at A4W working site.
Cons
Sometimes, the shifts are long for me being a mother little kids.
Less than a week after my interview for Appetite4Work I started getting shift offers, which was super speedy. The app used to book shifts is very reliable and easy to navigate. There is lots of work available and you can work shifts around your other commitments, be that other employment or study.

During the difficult time of Covid-19, App4Work were amazing, furloughing their workers, including myself. App4Work value their staff and communication with the team has always been efficient.
Pros
Lots of work available
Cons
Pay doesn't reach London Living Wage
I been working for Appetite 4Work for the last 4 years and I will happily recommend it to any one who are ready for a fast pace work and fast earning as well..you can workout how many hours you want to work each week
same of your earnings ...

Training is available and so many other opportunities

The management is family to each of us..
Pros
It's very convenient
Cons
Lot of movement
I've been working for Appetite4Work for 3 years now. I have to say it's really flexible, you pick your own shifts, then go back to those places that you like. The staff are always really friendly and very easy to reach. I tried a couple of other agencies but eventually dropped them and continued only with Appetite4Work. You get enough work all year round. Would recommend!
Pros
Friendly, lively, social
They do everything they can to find you a place to work, on a good work environment with professional chefs.
Liz specially is the one doing the most to improve the experience from both sides.

Very grateful working for them.
Pros
Good professional environment and they work hard to find you places to work at good rates.
Cons
Great company to work for,everybody is very helpful and approachable!I will defenitely recommend any one!
The work is professional ,long days so good hours!
I’ve worked with a few different agencies and A4W are definitely the best. They actually care about the people who work for them, I don’t just feel like a number like I have with other agencies. Even now with not much work they are still taking great care of their workers.
Pros
Nice team and managers
Cons
None yet
I've worked for Appetite on several occasions and have always found jobs to be well organised. All communications are clear and staff are friendly and approachable.
Simple, quick and easy registratiopn process. Approachable friendly consultants. There is a great selection of temporary positions available at a large range of venues. Good opportunity to create a decent work/life balance.
I’ve worked with Appetite for nearly 4 years and have only ever had an all round great experience.
Excellent communication, great shifts and fantastic team. 100% recommend!
Flexible and fun work, perfect for me while I am at uni. I've worked at lots of fun events and the team are all really helpful and always honest about how much work they have available!
After being at Appetite for over 4 years now - there is no other agency I would rather work for.
There is a personal feel to Appetite and it is a highly enjoyable place to work. All team members are passionate about the industry and there is some great training on offer too.

Couldn’t recommend enough.
Friendly informative team
Easy sign up process

Plenty of work offered and the option to work around my other commitments

Always paid weekly on time
Great company to work for and they genuinely want to look after their staff. Would recommend them to anyone! There is a great culture within the company and the team always support each other.
A great job that fitted around my studies. No pressure to take shifts if you don’t want to. There is an app you can use but you can still talk to the friendly office team who help out when needed. Pay is what you’d expect for this kind of work.
Lots of hours!
Paid weekly and always on time, no mistakes!

Great contact with Agent and Accountant!

Even now, in this difficult time of pandemic guys from A4W are with us.

Dear Chefs I can only recommend you this Agency, as a best one! j
You choose to do as much or as little work as you want and the array of people you work with is a great way to make new friends. You need to be constantly checking your emails in order to accept work, the only bad thing is that you can get request to work within an hour of the work actually starting and they expect you to be there on time.