Apollo Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

Awful company to work for
Children's clinical care assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 November 2017
Currently work for apollo with the office in Manchester being my management team. Can say due to me not being able to work one shift, they asked me to drive to Manchester ( this is a hour and fourty five minute drive from my home) to then ring up and be told they don't want me doing the shifts and won't give me any unless I go to the office which is beyond ridiculous. Would recommend this as a second job as hours aren't always guaranteed.
Pros
Okay as second job for extra money
Cons
Bad communication, poor management, staff treated badly, no mileage paid
Great Company that Cares!
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands9 November 2017
I have been working for Apollo Home Healthcare since June this year and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. The office staff are so friendly and are always so supportive with my working hours, they also offer me more hours wherever they can. The rota is always done a month in advance so I know exactly what I am working each week! Pay rates are very fair and I don't have to do short calls!! I would recommend that you apply and see what they have to offer!
Pros
Pay, Working hours, Locations
Cons
None so far!
21 November 2017

We are really happy to hear that you are enjoying working for us. Thank you for your lovely review.

Friendly Independent Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Codsall, Staffordshire9 November 2017
I have worked in a couple of different private sector care companies and I have to admit this place is a breath of fresh air.

An expanding company, no day being the same in the office and I work with friendly staff. From my experience within the last year has shown me that everyone is willing to listen and help one another which gives a good vibe.

Due to the expansion of the company some days can of course be busier than others but Apollo Home Healthcare is a company that strives to work hard as a team and perform to the highest standard.

The best part for me is going home each day knowing all that hard work has made our clients happy which is the main goal!
Pros
Flexible and very helpful
Cons
i literally cannot think of anything
14 November 2017

We are really pleased to hear you are happy in your role! Thank you for taking time to review.

Brilliant Company to work for
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Codsall, Staffordshire9 November 2017
I have worked with Apollo since July , the office staff are really friendly and very helpful, really easy to talk to , applying for this job as been amazing

The hours are prefect and fit around my daughters, Having a monthly rota with my set hours as really helped my social life as i get to plan around my family and friends.

I enjoy working with a great team, great opportunities i would defo recommend this company
Pros
Monthly Rota
21 November 2017

Thank you for your review. It is really nice to hear that you are enjoying working for us.

21 November 2017

Thanks so much for the time you have taken to review! Really pleased to hear how happy you are!

Brilliant Company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shropshire8 November 2017
I have really enjoyed working here over the last 18 months and I hope to continue here for many years.

I am a carer for a child who has complex care needs and I love what I do.
Pros
The company care about their staff and clients.
14 November 2017

Great to hear this positive feedback! Thank you for taking time to review.

Terrible company, back stabbing staff
HCA (Current Employee) –  North West27 October 2017
Don’t ever consider working for this company, they promise you packages then you get moved because of the backstabbing and lies. Then you are left without any work and they don’t even bother to find other packages for you (even though you see packages being advertised on job sites) !!!
Very few staff seem to care genuinely for the clients they are just money orientated and will even stop new PA’s from joining their package so they have more hours.
Pros
Hourly rate ok
Cons
Everything else

Thank you for your comments. We are really sorry to hear that you feel this way
We always endeavour to ensure that current staff are transferred to other packages wherever possible.

Fab Company to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  East Midlands5 October 2017
I have worked with Apollo in a nursing role for over a year. I have found the office to be both friendly and supportive. Training has been great along with recognition for my revalidation needs.

I would highly recommend working with Apollo both in a nursing or support worker role, especially if you like working with children with complex needs.
Pros
Really helpful and supportive staff
7 November 2017

Thank you for your lovely review! We are really happy to hear that you are enjoying working for us!

Absolutely rubbish
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tameside, Greater Manchester28 September 2017
Don't ever work for these people they are unprofessional and lazy. I recommend boycotting this company they done not care for the staff or the patients

Thank you for your comments. We are really sorry to hear that you feel this way

Employers with a postive outlook
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Heywood, Greater Manchester22 August 2017
Iv worked for previous care companies that describe them self as "caring" and "Client focused" and when it came to it they really weren't.
However apollo really live up to these standards although there was alot of training they set me up to be confident in my job and competent in my job this is a positive for myself and the client.

General things like pay, office communication and road are all you would expect the rates of pay are above average, the office staff are lovely and will help with whatever is needed and relay information when required and when it comes to the 0 hour contract it is a little bit daunting not having the security however iv never gone without work and I don't know anyone who has.

There aren't really any cons to the job at present.
Pros
Training, communication, pay
7 November 2017

Thank you for your review, so pleased to hear you are happy to work with us!

Terrible company (East Midlands)
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  East Midlands2 August 2017
Worst company I've worked for. No regard for staffs wellbeing. Rubbish pay. It seems ok on paper then spread it on an hourly basis and it works out under minimum wage. They don't count getting up in the middle of the night to do checks in the working hours. No actual contract just terms and conditions. Bad communication. High expectations of travel and pay no mileage even if it's over 100 miles away. Poor listening to feed back.
Pros
Non
14 November 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are really sorry to hear that you feel this way.

Agency, good as second job only
Care Support Worker- complex. (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 July 2017
Clients & most staff are great, friendly & helpful. Rewarding work & no experience needed really... training given.

BUT hours aren't guaranteed, shifts are cancelled on short notice and not replaced elsewhere. leaving you short ££, not suitable as first or only job. Especially if you have financial responsibilities.
Ideal second job or for casual working.

Other than that It's a lovely place to work.

You aren't paid for attending basic training, although it is great training from a company outside Apollo.

Starting shifts are £8/8.50 until you are competent.
£9/£10.00 thereafter/ day or night shift dependant.
One of the better rates of pay for this type of care work.
Pros
Some flexibility with hours/ alright pay. Friendly staff. Rewarding work.
Cons
Shifts cancelled last minute and not replaced/ not stable income or work patterns
7 November 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and the time you have taken.

Poor communicators
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire20 January 2017
Applied for a nurse job with this company - their communication with me was poor.
I constantly received letters from them stating they hadn't heard from when I was waiting for them to return my calls!!
It all looks good on paper but never really came to anything
Pros
Salaries look good if you can get past first hurdles
Cons
Poor communication with new staff and between offices
21 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you have taken.

I love working here
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Anglia18 January 2017
I love my job. It's really rewarding. The office staff are great and very helpful. They are as accommodating as they can be regarding my availability when I need to change my set work pattern. Also good pay rates and promotion opportunities. I hope to stay here for a very long time.
Pros
Work life balance & job satisfaction
Cons
0 hour contract
14 November 2017

Thank you for your review! We are really happy to hear how much you love working for us!

Excellent company
healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham16 January 2016
From application to being offered the position I have got nothing but positive things to say about Apollo Healthcare. Communication was seamless throughout and the staff are all friendly and very professional.
14 November 2017

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear your positive feedback.

What an amazing company!!!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Heywood27 October 2015
I applied for a job at Apollo Home Healthcare as i heard by word of mouth how amazing the company is.
It is a fairly new company that has the clients best interests at heart, which i feel makes them stand out from the rest.
I have currently been working for the company for a couple of weeks and i couldn't wish for a better team to be working with. Everyone has welcomed me with open arms and have supported me in my new job role.
21 November 2017

Thanks so much for the feedback! We are so happy to hear how well it's going!

The nicest company I have ever worked for.
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire27 October 2015
Apollo Home Healthcare is definitely the nicest company I have ever worked for. My office staff Jacqui and Kelley are warm and friendly. I feel valued as a member of staff.
21 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback! Really pleased to hear how happy you are!

Worse place I have ever signed up for!
HCA (Former Employee) –  Lincoln16 October 2015
Be aware they lie to get you in, make everything sound great and that they could offer me loads of hours and work but once I got through recruitment they didn't actually have any work for me. They told me not to sign up to any other agency because they had loads of work coming in and I had no income for a whole month! no one ever actually got back to me from the office and the work they did offer me was not worth getting out of bed for.
Its a joke! don't say I didn't warn you!!
21 November 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time you have taken.
Please be assured that all of our staff have regular hours on a time sheet basis and a rota planned a month in advance.

Excellent Company
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochdale24 September 2015
I have worked for Apollo Home Healthcare since October 2014 and I love the variety that my work gives me. I have been trained from being a Domiciliary Carer to a Children's Complex Carer.

The thing I enjoy the most is interacting with clients and contributing to their quality of life.

I receive hours based around my availability and I have the opportunity for overtime.

I would recommend Apollo Home Healthcare as a place of work.
Pros
Training and Development
14 November 2017

Thank you for your comments! Really happy to hear your positive feedback..

not good
healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  manchester19 November 2014
it is a joke . be aware . they would demand best quality from you but offered nothing back. and the rate of pay/ complex needs/ trachy- ventilators / is just embarrassing
5 February 2015

Thank you for your comments I am sorry that you feel this way. We strive to offer all of our workers competitive rates of pay along with quality training and development.