Apollo Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

Terrible
Former complex care worker (Former Employee) –  Uk8 April 2018
Without a doubt one of the worst companies I have ever worked for!!

Where to even begin

-Took almost 4 months to complete all necessary training and get a proper shift
-Found that I was constantly chasing them because if I rang and asked something I'd be told it would be discussed and they'd call me back but 2 days later I'd of heard nothing
-No effort was made to get me working just a whole lot of excuses until they thought I wanted to leave
-No support from management
-No back up from management would always take the clients and other care workers word over mine when they said something about me without me getting an opportunity to discuss it with management and defend myself
-Would sometimes be over a week with no contact from them
-Made me feel uncomfortable as incorrect information was provided in regards to a vital part of a clients care
-Way to long gaps in between shadow shifts so I wasn't able to learn as effectively

I could name so many more but I've already gone on too much all I will say now is that agreeing to work for Apollo home healthcare was one of the worse decisions I ever made as while I was waiting for work I wasn't earning and couldn't provide for my family and to be honest felt like they didn't even care.

If you value your care career and want to genuinely make a difference then avoid this company like the plague
Pros
Working with some truly lovely clients
Cons
Too many to name
18 April 2018

Hi there

We are so sorry to hear you have had such a negative experience working with us and are very concerned about some of the issues you have raised.

Please could you make contact with us by emailing admin@apollohomehealthcare.com and we will get in touch to discuss in more detail.

Many thanks

staff
Clinical Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire12 February 2018
The people you care for are lovely but the management and staff in the office aren't so helpful and do not always clarify the information that is needed and care plans are not always kept up to date.
7 March 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying working with our clients and that this has been a positive experience for you.
Your comments around our office staff are concerning to us, especially in relation to the update of care plans, which is a closely monitored process.
We would like to discuss this with you in more detail. If you could contact us at admin@apollohomehealthcare.com, one of our team members will make contact with you as soon as possible.

Worst management ever.
Complex Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley20 January 2018
I would not recommend this company to any one. The managment are shocking, they think they can play god with people's hours -alright for them on their salaried job, while care staff have their zero hours. They expect you to do all the hours and heaven forbid you have a social life and say no to a shift, they will make sure you pay for it the week after and take hours off you and continue to do so when it suits them which is not fair when you are a single parent and have bills to pay. They do not appreciate how much hard work you do put in either and expect people to be robots and work long 12 hour shifts on the bounce. If your face does not fit within the management team do not expect your experience of working here to be a pleasant experience.
Pros
Managment, Long hours, Poor communication

Hi there
We are so sorry to hear that you have had such a negative experience working with Apollo Home Healthcare. We want to stress that we thoroughly appreciate all of our care staff and the hard work they put in to caring for our clients so your comments are very concerning to us.
If you would like to talk to a member of our central office team, please do make contact with us at admin@apollohomehealthcare.com and a member of the team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

A good company to work for
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk9 December 2017
I have worked for Apollo since April 2017.
I love my job, and enjoy complex care. I like the challenge and have gained a wealth of experience from it.
The manager, office staff and nurse are very supportive, and do take the time to listen to you and offer advice when needed.
Although a zero hour contract, I have never been short of work and I'm more than pleased with my income.
A very rewarding job, and something that is rare nowadays, we are thanked for the work we do and know as staff members that we are appreciated.
Pros
Good training and support
11 December 2017

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. It is really great to hear you are finding your role rewarding and you feel appreciated.

We will feed this back to our Norfolk office as they will be very pleased to hear this.

Apollo HCA
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 December 2017
Working at Apollo pros: the hours are flexible, the pay is good, you will get to meet some lovely clients, you are fully trained before you are left with a client on your own, office's staffs are pleasant...
Cons: only provide with one uniform, I feel there is room for improvement in the management area, but overall it's an excellent company to work for. I hope to continue working with the company, because I truly enjoy my job.
4 December 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are really pleased that you enjoy your job and we hope you will continue to do so for years to come.

We would be very keen to hear your feedback regarding the room for improvement. We are always striving to improve. Please feel free to call our central office on 01902 847111 to discuss any points you would like to.

Incredibly fun place to work.
I have been with apollo for a few months now and I have to I am really happy where I am, they have been so helpful and given me hours left, right and centre.
The staff in the office are lovely they have spoken to me with great respect which I have no choice but to show them respect back which what they deserve.
I have learned so much in complex care and would like to expand more which I know they can and will deliver.
Apollo have a great team with everything single person working hard to make sure they support the packages and also the staff.
They get a thumbs up from me.
Pros
Great hours, good pay.
Cons
None.
4 December 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is really great to hear you are having such a positive experience working for us.

Thank you again.

The best company!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk30 November 2017
Very professional and organized company.
Good training.
All office staff very supportive.
As and employee at Apollo, I am happy to say that the company cared for their clients and staff.
Pros
Flexability
4 December 2017

Thank you very much for for you feedback. We will feed this back to our Norfolk office as they will be so pleased to hear that you enjoy working for them.

Great Company To Work For
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk30 November 2017
I have been working for Apollo Home Healthcare since April 2017 and have loved every minute. I have been able to challenge myself as well as continue with my previous experience. I absolutely love caring for people whether they have complex needs or not and feel that the Norwich office do a fantastic job of allowing me to do the job I love with lots of support.
Pros
Positive and supportive management team
Cons
Sometimes a lot is expected of one person
4 December 2017

Hello, thank you very much for your positive feedback. It is brilliant to hear that you love your job and you are getting all of the support you need.

Excellent place to work
Carer (Current Employee) –  East Anglia30 November 2017
I love my job. I am able to work the hours that i choose and love that I am able to be trained to manage a young child with a very difficult to manage condition.
I have not been with the branch long as it is a new office but the office staff are lovely and kind. The pay is above average which is a bonus.
Pros
Well run open communication and happy to help office. Very interesting clients and good training
Cons
Not found any yet
4 December 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is really great to hear that you find our staff lovely and you are having a good experience working for us.

We will send your feedback to our East Anglia office as they will be really pleased too.

Nice working environment
HCA (Current Employee) –  East Anglia30 November 2017
I have only recently joined Apollo, I feel welcome and have learnt a great deal in a short amount of time, I am very much looking forward to continuing my journey.
Pros
Exciting, challenging, rewarding
4 December 2017

Thank you very much for your comments. Welcome to Apollo Home Healthcare.

Excellent place to work
HCA (Current Employee) –  Codsall, Staffordshire28 November 2017
I have worked for the company for over a year and a half and I can honestly say it was the best decision I made.
All the staff are friendly and honest and it is a great environment to work with and a great company to work for.
Pros
Good service and communication
Cons
None at present
29 November 2017

Thank you very much for your positive comments. It is really nice to hear that you enjoy working for us. We will feed this back to our Codsall office.

Healthcare assistant
Heath Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands27 November 2017
I have been working with Apollo since march 2017 and I love the variety and flexibility that the company offer. Working with clients with complex needs is a rewarding career, receiving fantastic training I wish I had joined the company sooner!

Friendly office staff/ Carers
Pros
Pay rates, location, training
Cons
Poor communication, hours can dramatically change from week to week
28 November 2017

Hello, thank you your feedback. It is really great to hear that that you have found working here so rewarding. We will certainly feed this back to our West Midlands office.

It is disappointing to hear that you find the communication poor. We would welcome further feedback regarding this to ensure we are continuously improving. Please feel free to call your Operations Manager on 01902841658 or our Central Office on 01902847111 to discuss this further.

Good staff in and out of the office
Hca (Current Employee) –  Heysham, Lancashire27 November 2017
I have worked for apollo for just over a year I find the staff in the office very helpful in every way always had my work the training is always updated you work what days you want no pressure iv worked for other agencies apollo have been the best company giving exactly what shifts you want.
Pros
Good hoilday pay
Cons
Just company to wofk for
28 November 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is really is good to hear that you find the office very helpful and we will certainly feed this back.

Rewarding and intersting job
HCA Complex Care (Former Employee) –  Hereford26 November 2017
During my employment with Apollo I gained knowledge and learned skills which I never thought I'd have the confidence to do. The training is good and specific to the package you're allocated. Very rewarding and interesting position.
Pros
Rewarding, good training, flexible
Cons
long hours, poor communication
28 November 2017

Thank you very much for your comments. It is brilliant to hear that you find the role rewarding and you have learnt a lot.

It is disappointing to hear that you feel there is poor communication. We realise that you no longer work for Apollo Home Healthcare but would really like to hear your feedback so that we can improve this.

Please feel free to call 01902 847111 to discuss further.

East Midlands brancg
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire24 November 2017
All office staff lovely and very supportive. Very rewarding job and excellent training specified for each individual package. Would highly recommend east midlands branch, it's nice to see a company that give you a home/work life balance.
Pros
Pay/support/training
4 December 2017

Hello, thank you very much for your comments. It is really lovely to hear that you find the role rewarding. Our East Midlands office will be very pleased to hear your feedback.

pros and cons
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stourbridge, West Midlands24 November 2017
I have been with the company since July 2017 and have mixed feelings. I absolutely love working with my client and feel that I have been very well matched. My initial impression of Apollo was that it was a very professional and organised company. In hindsight I feel that the communication between the office, carers and clients can get very complicated. Some staff that I work with have felt unsupported and have resorted to having all communication with the office via email as a paper trail. I, myself, find the atmosphere in the office quite strange. I find some of the staff rude and dismissive; others friendly and approachable.
I do feel that Apollo select employees (carers) that truly match their client and have enjoyed working alongside all of them.

Hi there
Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We are really pleased to hear that you feel well matched to your client and are enjoying working with us. Matching our client's needs and personality to the skills and experience of our carers is crucial to us so we are glad to hear this has been done so well.
We are sorry to hear that you have some concerns around our office staff and the level of support you have been receiving. If you would like to contact us via our central email; admin@apollohomehealthcare.com, one of our central team will be in contact with you to discuss these concerns in more detail and hopefully find a resolution.
Thank you again for your review.

nice workplace
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire24 November 2017
Been working for Apollo for the last couple of months and so far so good. If you want a job where you want expand your knowledge in to complex care then this is the place to be. office staff are friendly and there is always more than enough work. Clients are lovely and fantastic to work for.
Only negative that I would say is that you don't get paid for the hours you spend on mandatory training that other companies do pay you for.
Pros
complex and interesting work
4 December 2017

Hello, thank you for your feedback. It is very pleasing to hear that you have found working for us positive during your time here.

Our West Midlands team will be very happy to hear about your experience.

Love my job!!!
Clinical HCA (Current Employee) –  Nottingham and Leicestershire23 November 2017
I can honestly say I’m in my ideal career! I went for interview, it was in depth and thorough. Fantastic training provided and a brilliant team within the East Midlands branch! I am over the moon to be a member of Apollo and will be remaining for years to come !
Pros
Fabulous training, great flexibility in hours, ideal if you’re in university and looking for work along side.
Cons
Only down sides are no mileage paid and no training pay
29 November 2017

Thank you very much for your positive comments. We will feed this back to the East Midlands office. We also hope you continue to enjoy working here for years to come.

Productive and brilliant workplace. Excellent team in house and in the office
Healthcare Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire22 November 2017
I am very honoured to work for such a great company . I have been in care now for 23 years . I’ve worked for social services . Nursing homes & agencies. But by far Apollo has been my best experience. The young lady I support is now 30 and I have been lucky enough to have cared fir her for the last 15 years . I moved agency with my service user and I’m pleased I did .
The office staff are fantastic especially Jaqui and Kelley . They are always there for us staff and supporting our service users and families
I am proud to be part of the team and can honestly say I enjoy going to work
Pros
Good training courses
Cons
No pay rise for ages
29 November 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments. We will feed this back to Jacqui and Kelley. We are really pleased to hear that you enjoy working for us.

Heywood branch
Hca (Current Employee) –  Heywood, Greater Manchester21 November 2017
I have worked for the heywood office for nearly 3years. I work with clients with complex needs , i have gained so much knowledge and experince through my work placements and apollo have helped me develop my skills .
The office staff are very friendly and are approachable. I would highly recommend them.
Pros
Flexability
4 December 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. Our Heywood team will be very pleased to hear that you enjoy working for them and we have helped you to expand your skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Home Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.