Apollo Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

Flexible
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton3 October 2018
Good training, flexibility. good for family life, management work with you to make sure your in the right package for you, and good money, over all I’ve been happy with Apollo.
Pros
Training
Cons
12 hour shifts
Nice place to work
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands3 October 2018
Good communication, friendly office staff.
Help with days off when needed. Respect that you have a home life and if you can’t cover shifts then they do not bombard you and respect this.
Nice company to work for.
Pros
Online rotas, weekly pay, good communication
Brilliant management at Northern Branch
clinical care worker (Current Employee) –  Doncaster Branch27 August 2018
I've worked for the company since Spring 2017 for the Doncaster Branch and have worked over two packages in Dewsbury and the Barnsley area. It can be tricky at times working in clients homes and is a totally different environment to what I was used to. However most of the time it is an extremely enjoyable and rewarding job. Within your job you have an Apollo consultant to guide you, answer any queries, sort out rotas, competencies, appraisals, basically all the background stuff that allow the care packages to not fall apart and the support in which you need. The Doncaster branch are amazing the main consultant's support is above the best support you can ask for! I would highly recommend a job with Apollo Doncaster Branch. The pay is good compared to lots of other care companies, clients are treated extremely well and ethics are of a brilliant standard, training is kept up to date and communications are of a good standard having dept-full handovers, communication books and daily logs.
Pros
Excellent support from Branch
Cons
Like most care jobs you have to cover holidays like xmas within your team.
25 September 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear that you are well supported and enjoy your job. We will make sure our Doncaster branch get to hear your feedback.

Thanks again!

Great company to work for
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire21 August 2018
I have had a few bad experiences with care companies in the past, and Apollo have been absolutely brilliant. Plenty of work available, brilliant management and a lovely company.
25 September 2018

Thanks so much for your review! We are really pleased to hear that you are happy with your role. We wish you continued success!

Good company to work for
Support Worker/Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster branch21 August 2018
Been working with this company over the last few months. It’s been hard work but very rewarding. This company has provided me with excellent training, knowledge and understanding for the complex packages I work in. Amazing staff that can work as a team and very approachable office staff who are very understanding of my work needs and work around my home life. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Good work team, good office team.
Cons
Unfortunately, like every other agency, it’s zero hour contract.
25 September 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear how happy you are!

The agency that does actually care!
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire21 August 2018
I have been working for Apollo in Doncaster for the last 6 months and cannot rate them highly enough! The team in the office are excellent and they genuinely do care about the clients and the healthcare staff. The training is of a high standard and there is excellent support from the clinical team. I have worked for a few agencies in the past and had negative experiences, this is not the case at Apollo I love my work and feel valued as a carer which makes all the difference doing what is a difficult job at times.
Pros
Great communication, training and support
25 September 2018

Thanks very much for your lovely review! We are so pleased to hear that you feel happy and supported in your role.

supportive and well managed
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Doncaster20 August 2018
I have worked for this company since December 2017 i was approached to come across with a client and i feel like it was the best choice i made. In other previous care companies i feel you were there to support the clients but had no support back but with apollo and especially the Doncaster branch team the staff are 100% supportive and make you feel worthy in your job.
Pros
Better salary than some care companies
25 September 2018

Thank you for your lovely review! It's great to hear your positive feedback.

I cannot rate this company enough.
Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire15 August 2018
I started working for Apollo in December 2017. Coming from a care background of 10 plus years, I have dealt with some really terrible places. But Apollo have restored my faith in the care industry.

What I love about this company is that your not just thrown into the role, you are fully trained until you are confident to carry out the tasks that are required.
I have a fantastic support system not only in the management, but within the other branches too. I was welcomed and made to feel part of the team and I like to think that is how the workers feel about me. I am so happy that I decided to make that jump and come into this role as I would not change it for anything.
21 August 2018

Thank you so much for your review!

It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role so much. We take training of all staff very seriously so it's great to hear that you feel it's been helpful for you.
It also makes us very pleased to hear that you feel part of the team not only within your branch but a part of the wider company as well.

We hope you continue to have many successful years in your career at Apollo Home Healthcare.

Great company to work for.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 August 2018
I have worked for Apollo Home Healthcare for nearly a year now and could not recommend them enough. The office staff are friendly and approachable and always have time to listen to me and support me as required.
The training I have received has been second to none and the support from the company nurses hands on in the field has really developed my confidence and skills.
I would highly recommend working for Apollo Home Healthcare.
Pros
Support and personal development
21 August 2018

Thanks so much for your review!

It is is great to hear that you are enjoying your role at Apollo Home Healthcare. Our North West office will be very happy to know that you feel well supported and trained.

We hope you continue to enjoy your role!

Stop before you apply
HCA (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire6 August 2018
Apollo what a disgrace, I have got to say I would hate for anyone to experience what many people appear to have experienced while working for this company. They have zero empathy for staff members and give zero support. The amount of times I have raised concerns or issues I have lost count, yet was anything done? No. The staff work so flipping hard yet get zero appreciation. Very quick to destroy your enjoyment of the job through pure neglect of staff well being. The process of getting into the company is lengthy and unpaid and generally miles from your home town. The pay for what you do in this job is pennies, the hours are long and arduous and yet you’re expected to do above and beyond your stated hours. You will expect some level of stress from most jobs but this i can say out of all the rubbish companies I’ve worked for is definitely the worst. The staff turn over is unbelievable and incredibly unsettling for staff and families alike, all because staff are treated so poorly! Nothing you do will ever be good enough. They will lure you in and keep you sweet until you say no or dare to have a social life outside of work, heaven forbid! Can honestly say this is the worst company to date and I’ve worked for a fair few bad ones!
Pros
The children
Cons
Too many to mention
7 August 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear of your experience. We take the well being of all our staff very seriously.
As a company we aim to offer flexibility in terms of working hours and a positive experience for all of our staff.
We would like to discuss this matter with you further. Please can you give our central team a call on 01902 847111.

Kind regards

Poor management
Complex Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire29 July 2018
working for Apollo home health care was very dissapointing. Whilst the children and their families that I worked with were absolutely lovely and very supportive, the same could not be said for the office. Particular members of the office team were high unapproachable, unprofessional and unsupportive. The lack of care and respect for staff wellbeing was simply unnacaptable, and a probable cause for the high turn over of staff. It’s a great shame because as mentioned previously, the clients are lovely and had the management been better I would continued working for Apollo for longer period of time.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Poor management
7 August 2018

Hi,

As a company we aim to offer a positive experience for all of our staff.

Terrible people to work for avoid them
Healthcare Support Worker (Current Employee) –  North West30 June 2018
As previously stated in other reviews the management are atrocious, dishonest, unprofessional and don't care about staff or clients. If you are not well in with management and prepared to give up your life to work ridiculous amounts of hours and at the drop of a hat then don't bother applying you will be treated terrible. One example - you are in bed having worked a twelve hour night shift and due to do another shift tonight, they will ring you whilst sleeping to discuss either changing your shift or asking you to fill more shifts!!!! Your not allowed to sleep!!!! You will be put into clients houses not knowing them but expected to care for their complex needs- unsafe! Management and office staff are rude uncaring and dishonest to you. Rotas are constantly being changed sometimes without your knowledge and you will be expected to cover the shifts. Clients are often left without care and management will blame it on the carer saying you can't do the shift when in reality they have moved you to a different client making you look like the bad one!! Shifts are long and at times you won't get a break throughout your shift.
The clients are generally lovely people but do get upset at times towards the management and the way they are treated and they will unberden this to you.
They advertise pay rates at £9-£11 ph this is untrue you will be on basic pay until you are signed of on packages and even after that pay rates are lower depending on which clients you go to check before you agree to anything.
They will start you on a clients package in the beginning but after a month or
  more... so when your training is completed you will be sent here there and everywhere and you won't get petrol allowance.
My advise is beware of what you are letting ypurself in for if you decide to work for this company.
Final words if you become unwell or your child is unwell don't think you can ring in sick as you will be told you have to go to your shift nevermind that you will be passing germs to vulnerable sick clients you have to attend or you will find yourself being called into the office for supervision!!
You want to work 60 hours a week, no problem but don't expect this all the time because one week you may get this but the next week you may get eight hours!!
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Apollo
26 July 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear of your experience and we would like to discuss this in more detail with you.

We take the well being of our staff and clients very seriously and the points you make around this are of particular concern to us.

Please can you get in contact with us by emailing admin@apollohomehealthcare.com
We will be in touch as soon as possible.

Bad management, no regard for staff.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire22 May 2018
I joined Apollo Healthcare a few years ago. I had to pay for the crb check, which is now known as DbS. This I had no problem with. I thought that the £55.00 I paid was a little steep. I was put with a client that I did enjoy looking after, but the mother of the client had a negative attitude towards staff. After a few weeks of working there, I made out to the agency that this package was not suited to me. I did not say what the real reason was, as I thought that this was unprofessional. Apparantly, the office was aware of this problem, but they did not offer me any other clients, I felt that this was unfair, as I paid out for my DBS. I will not be recommending Apollo to anyone. I have come across other staff who have also left because of this person.
Pros
Cons
poor communication.
26 July 2018

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear of your experience working with us. We would like to discuss this with you in more detail. We are keen to understand what can be done to improve the experience of care staff

A member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible.

Terrible
Former complex care worker (Former Employee) –  Uk8 April 2018
Without a doubt one of the worst companies I have ever worked for!!

Where to even begin

-Took almost 4 months to complete all necessary training and get a proper shift
-Found that I was constantly chasing them because if I rang and asked something I'd be told it would be discussed and they'd call me back but 2 days later I'd of heard nothing
-No effort was made to get me working just a whole lot of excuses until they thought I wanted to leave
-No support from management
-No back up from management would always take the clients and other care workers word over mine when they said something about me without me getting an opportunity to discuss it with management and defend myself
-Would sometimes be over a week with no contact from them
-Made me feel uncomfortable as incorrect information was provided in regards to a vital part of a clients care
-Way to long gaps in between shadow shifts so I wasn't able to learn as effectively

I could name so many more but I've already gone on too much all I will say now is that agreeing to work for Apollo home healthcare was one of the worse decisions I ever made as while I was waiting for work I wasn't earning and couldn't provide for my family and to be honest felt like they didn't even care.

If you value your care career and want to genuinely make a difference then avoid this company like the plague
Pros
Working with some truly lovely clients
Cons
Too many to name
18 April 2018

Hi there

We are so sorry to hear you have had such a negative experience working with us and are very concerned about some of the issues you have raised.

Please could you make contact with us by emailing admin@apollohomehealthcare.com and we will get in touch to discuss in more detail.

Many thanks

staff
Clinical Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire12 February 2018
The people you care for are lovely but the management and staff in the office aren't so helpful and do not always clarify the information that is needed and care plans are not always kept up to date.
7 March 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying working with our clients and that this has been a positive experience for you.
Your comments around our office staff are concerning to us, especially in relation to the update of care plans, which is a closely monitored process.
We would like to discuss this with you in more detail. If you could contact us at admin@apollohomehealthcare.com, one of our team members will make contact with you as soon as possible.

Worst management ever.
Complex Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley20 January 2018
I would not recommend this company to any one. The managment are shocking, they think they can play god with people's hours -alright for them on their salaried job, while care staff have their zero hours. They expect you to do all the hours and heaven forbid you have a social life and say no to a shift, they will make sure you pay for it the week after and take hours off you and continue to do so when it suits them which is not fair when you are a single parent and have bills to pay. They do not appreciate how much hard work you do put in either and expect people to be robots and work long 12 hour shifts on the bounce. If your face does not fit within the management team do not expect your experience of working here to be a pleasant experience.
Pros
Managment, Long hours, Poor communication
7 March 2018

Hi there
We are so sorry to hear that you have had such a negative experience working with Apollo Home Healthcare. We want to stress that we thoroughly appreciate all of our care staff and the hard work they put in to caring for our clients so your comments are very concerning to us.
If you would like to talk to a member of our central office team, please do make contact with us at admin@apollohomehealthcare.com and a member of the team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

A good company to work for
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk9 December 2017
I have worked for Apollo since April 2017.
I love my job, and enjoy complex care. I like the challenge and have gained a wealth of experience from it.
The manager, office staff and nurse are very supportive, and do take the time to listen to you and offer advice when needed.
Although a zero hour contract, I have never been short of work and I'm more than pleased with my income.
A very rewarding job, and something that is rare nowadays, we are thanked for the work we do and know as staff members that we are appreciated.
Pros
Good training and support
11 December 2017

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. It is really great to hear you are finding your role rewarding and you feel appreciated.

We will feed this back to our Norfolk office as they will be very pleased to hear this.

Apollo HCA
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 December 2017
Working at Apollo pros: the hours are flexible, the pay is good, you will get to meet some lovely clients, you are fully trained before you are left with a client on your own, office's staffs are pleasant...
Cons: only provide with one uniform, I feel there is room for improvement in the management area, but overall it's an excellent company to work for. I hope to continue working with the company, because I truly enjoy my job.
4 December 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are really pleased that you enjoy your job and we hope you will continue to do so for years to come.

We would be very keen to hear your feedback regarding the room for improvement. We are always striving to improve. Please feel free to call our central office on 01902 847111 to discuss any points you would like to.

Incredibly fun place to work.
I have been with apollo for a few months now and I have to I am really happy where I am, they have been so helpful and given me hours left, right and centre.
The staff in the office are lovely they have spoken to me with great respect which I have no choice but to show them respect back which what they deserve.
I have learned so much in complex care and would like to expand more which I know they can and will deliver.
Apollo have a great team with everything single person working hard to make sure they support the packages and also the staff.
They get a thumbs up from me.
Pros
Great hours, good pay.
Cons
None.
4 December 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is really great to hear you are having such a positive experience working for us.

Thank you again.

The best company!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk30 November 2017
Very professional and organized company.
Good training.
All office staff very supportive.
As and employee at Apollo, I am happy to say that the company cared for their clients and staff.
Pros
Flexability
4 December 2017

Thank you very much for for you feedback. We will feed this back to our Norfolk office as they will be so pleased to hear that you enjoy working for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Home Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.