Apollo Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

A really unprofessional company
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside18 September 2017
They do not train you. you get your rota at like 10pm on a sunday night for a Monday morning then change it without asking you. The on call phone they never answer even if the reason for your call is super important. they also put u on the job at clients house dealing with medication without any training. I am dyslexic and they made no alterations for me. Just simply a disgusting company to work for and they regulary do illegal stuff they should not be doing but too many people will not stand up to them as thay are frightened to loose there jobs.

They need looking in to and investigating in to as it is a super unpreofessional outfit and they are in charge of peoples care and it needs addressing I literally have no good things or positive stuff to say about this awful company.
Pros
Cons
the whole job
Employers with a postive outlook
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Heywood, Greater Manchester22 August 2017
Iv worked for previous care companies that describe them self as "caring" and "Client focused" and when it came to it they really weren't.
However apollo really live up to these standards although there was alot of training they set me up to be confident in my job and competent in my job this is a positive for myself and the client.

General things like pay, office communication and road are all you would expect the rates of pay are above average, the office staff are lovely and will help with whatever is needed and relay information when required and when it comes to the 0 hour contract it is a little bit daunting not having the security however iv never gone without work and I don't know anyone who has.

There aren't really any cons to the job at present.
Pros
Training, communication, pay
Terrible company (East Midlands)
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  East Midlands2 August 2017
Worst company I've worked for. No regard for staffs wellbeing. Rubbish pay. It seems ok on paper then spread it on an hourly basis and it works out under minimum wage. They don't count getting up in the middle of the night to do checks in the working hours. No actual contract just terms and conditions. Bad communication. High expectations of travel and pay no mileage even if it's over 100 miles away. Poor listening to feed back.
Pros
Non
Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  East Midlands12 June 2017
East Midlands side of this company have no care about there members of staff and will never make you feel valued.

Compulsive Liars
The Office Harasses you
Awful communication and Organisation

The company would be run better by a bunch of headless chicken
Pros
Cant Think of 1
Cons
The Whole Job
Poor communicators
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire20 January 2017
Applied for a nurse job with this company - their communication with me was poor.
I constantly received letters from them stating they hadn't heard from when I was waiting for them to return my calls!!
It all looks good on paper but never really came to anything
Pros
Salaries look good if you can get past first hurdles
Cons
Poor communication with new staff and between offices
Brilliant company
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool18 January 2017
The best company I have worked for! The office is so nice when they are speaking to me and respect my choices of shifts and days off. They genuinely care about everyone and always try their best to sort something out if things go wrong.
Pros
Nice people, good salary, can have your own social life.
Cons
None yet.
I love working here
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Anglia18 January 2017
I love my job. It's really rewarding. The office staff are great and very helpful. They are as accommodating as they can be regarding my availability when I need to change my set work pattern. Also good pay rates and promotion opportunities. I hope to stay here for a very long time.
Pros
Work life balance & job satisfaction
Cons
0 hour contract
Excellent company
healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham16 January 2016
From application to being offered the position I have got nothing but positive things to say about Apollo Healthcare. Communication was seamless throughout and the staff are all friendly and very professional.
What an amazing company!!!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Heywood27 October 2015
I applied for a job at Apollo Home Healthcare as i heard by word of mouth how amazing the company is.
It is a fairly new company that has the clients best interests at heart, which i feel makes them stand out from the rest.
I have currently been working for the company for a couple of weeks and i couldn't wish for a better team to be working with. Everyone has welcomed me with open arms and have supported me in my new job role.
The nicest company I have ever worked for.
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire27 October 2015
Apollo Home Healthcare is definitely the nicest company I have ever worked for. My office staff Jacqui and Kelley are warm and friendly. I feel valued as a member of staff.
Worse place I have ever signed up for!
HCA (Former Employee) –  Lincoln16 October 2015
Be aware they lie to get you in, make everything sound great and that they could offer me loads of hours and work but once I got through recruitment they didn't actually have any work for me. They told me not to sign up to any other agency because they had loads of work coming in and I had no income for a whole month! no one ever actually got back to me from the office and the work they did offer me was not worth getting out of bed for.
Its a joke! don't say I didn't warn you!!
Excellent Company
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochdale24 September 2015
I have worked for Apollo Home Healthcare since October 2014 and I love the variety that my work gives me. I have been trained from being a Domiciliary Carer to a Children's Complex Carer.

The thing I enjoy the most is interacting with clients and contributing to their quality of life.

I receive hours based around my availability and I have the opportunity for overtime.

I would recommend Apollo Home Healthcare as a place of work.
Pros
Training and Development
not good
healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  manchester19 November 2014
it is a joke . be aware . they would demand best quality from you but offered nothing back. and the rate of pay/ complex needs/ trachy- ventilators / is just embarrassing
Official response from Apollo Home Healthcare
5 February 2015

Thank you for your comments I am sorry that you feel this way. We strive to offer all of our workers competitive rates of pay along with quality training and development.