Apollo Home Healthcare

Apollo Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom112 reviews
A good place to work
Office staff are really nice, communication could be better within themselves and workers but overall it's good.
Clients are lovely. Hours there and extra if needed. Only disadvantage is that it's a zero hour contract so never have job security. Pay is also fair.
Apollo northeast
Management are always willing to listen and help in anyway
Excellent training

Shadow shifts till competent a relaxed atmosphere I would definitely recommend
Pros
Hourly wage good management
All good
I’ve worked for Apollo since September and I honestly cannot fault the management or the company it’s self. All complaints, enquiries and questions are dealt with sufficiently. My management team are very friendly and easy to approach if I have a problem. I really do enjoy my job 😁
Great job satisfaction
From stepping through the doors it's been overall good. Friendly staff in the office and within packages. My clients are lovely and if I have concerns I know I will be supported by management and the nurses. Great rates of pay and office staff and management always give praise. I recently received a thank you card for supporting an extra shift which I thought was lovely.
Bad management
They don’t appreciate the staff. The management take the xmas gift home given to the staff supposedly. They don’t care about your work and personal life balance. They keep juggling staff from one place to another not covering the hours in a lot of places which staff then getting blamed for by the family.
Staff & Client Orientated
i work for the Northeast office..I have been with Apollo since December 2019, transferring with my client through the TUPE process. The transition was smooth and very professional. I was supported fully by the management team in the office and nothing was too much trouble.
My experience so far has been nothing but a positive one. I find the the company to be very staff and client orientated and a lot of thought and communication goes into the rotas. Training is of a very high standard as are Risk assessments and policies and procedures.

I can highly recommend Apollo Northeast as an innovative company to work for.
Excellent Company
Excellent staff to work with, Full support given by branch manager and directors. Praise given when earned along with constructive criticism when needed and encouragement given to make you be the best you can be. 100% effort put in from the team to ensure clients remain safe and cared for, although this sometimes can be challenging, the determination and dedication to the role from all team members is phenomenal.
Best move I have ever made was becoming an employee of Apollo Home Healthcare.
Requires alot of improvement
Unfortunately apollo home healthcare has alot to improve on.
From stepping through the door it's been a bad experience.

Many areas need improving on including:

communication is actually non existant, your not paid for training or mileage which sometimes is alot! management's abd office staffs people skills need working on and a general compassion for clients and staff seem to be totally disregarded. Your told one thing and expected to do another.

I do however have to praise the nurses for not only their skills and knowledge but their passion for care. I've learnt alot from them.

Overall I would not recommend this company.
stop! don't do it
If you value your sanity then Apollo is not the place for you. No communication from the office, constantly put pressure on you to fill additional shifts, phone you on day off when you have just finished a night shift and want to sleep to see if you can then go and do another one, no respect for work/life balance and constantly pretend that your holiday that was approved months before was never authorised and threaten you if you then don't work it. Miles and miles of travelling for training, no train fare paid or wage for all the days spent there! Stay away at all costs.
Good work with my client
I’m happy for your help and resolve my problems. My client is very demanding but I try my best to give her very good support.
Office always been respectful for me and I appreciate this.
Doncaster Branch
I’ve worked for the company since around may last year and i cannot fault the company. They have been supportive through my employment with them, I work with one client so I have gotten to know them and their routines as well as building a good relationship up with them.

Brilliant company and would definitely recommend working for them.
Awful, just terrible
I work with one man which is great because i always know where I am going. He sometimes chooses not to go out which means I can get uni work done while at work in between looking after him. He is in the process of leaving the company as they are constantly understaffed so send in carers from other agencies that he hasn't met or carers that haven't had the appropriate training to deal with his meds. Some have even refused to administer medication as they have not been trained and he requires some controlled drugs. Their lack of communication is ridiculous. It is all about the money. When i started the job it took 6 weeks from the job offer to actually being given shifts then had been out working by myself then they wouldn't allow me anymore work until they found time to book me in for shadowing. It made no sense, they are happy to break the rules to suit themselves but make no allowances for your needs if it doesn't work well for them. They have also tried arguing my booked holiday time saying it wasn't authorised because they forgot to find cover for it. An absolute shambles of a company.
Beyond shocking
Avoid at all cost it’s appalling management are terrible and extremely unsupportive all they are interested in is money the actual care staff are a joke and don’t have an ounce of care in them just out for all the money the company is willing to throw at them communication is ridiculous and there are a bunch of mini hitlers who think they rule the roast and use bullying tactics on a daily basis shocking
Hca
terrible communication
never call you back even if it urgent

call during the day to cover a shift even though you just done a 13 hour night shift

no travel allowance

send you to service users with severe complex needs that you have not been trained in
Good company to work for !
I joined Apollo May last year , I can honestly say the Merseyside team have been amazing . They found me a package 10 minutes away from we’re I live . They are 100% supportive, giving loads of encouragement, confidence, and are always there if I have any concerns, worries, general information needed.
The rate of pay and holiday pay is good ,

I would highly recommend Apollo .
Worst place to work
They dont care about you. There number one priority is making money. They lie. Backbite make things up dnt treat working staff fairly. They mess up your workng dates and holiday days up each week
Good learning oppertunities
I have recently been employed by Apollo. Training is unpaid and travel was necessary for myself, yet training is useful, thorough and I felt well supported throughout. Apollo accommodate for the amount of hours required and a good work, life balance is achievable. Apollo is overall a good company to work for in care and is flexible for one to achieve within the role.
Review By Shan
Absolutely love working for this company. The hours and pay rates are excellent and they have plenty of packages to choose from depending on where you live. The staff are very flexible and very helpful to help you out if necessary. Team leaders are organised and communication is consistent within the teams which I think is very important. I have only been with this company a short time and love my job and the packages I have.
Excellent
Great company to work for. Very supportive and helpful management team. Very welcoming and great support from all of the office team. Fantastic team to work with. Love working here!
Great team!
As a new emplyee, I have found the Heywood team most supportive and helpful. Always someone at the end of the phone. Training is bespoke and excellent, although unpaid and a brief shadowing period done. My client and family are fantastic. I have now been signed off on all my comps and assessments. Ready to give 110%.
Great Company to work for
I have worked for this company for over 2 years now and couldn't imagine working anywhere else, my colleagues and Managers are always there to help and support when needed. I have never worked with a team of people who feel so passionately about there clients and who try there best to ensure there workers get their required hours.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Home Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.