Apollo Fire Detectors Employee Reviews

Terrible
Leadership and Management (Former Employee) –  Shop floor29 September 2018
Never seen anything like it, management are the problem here, they are terrible, rude, obnoxious people, the only way to get anywhere to to sleep around the bosses and production manager. Rows of desks reminded me if sweat shops. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
1/2 day friday
Terrible
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth5 March 2018
Worked there for two months leading staff operators. Management were a shambles. Extremely poor working conditions. Car park is like bumper cars. Management are the down fall.
Pros
Half day Friday
Cons
Working conditions are bad.
a decent workplace
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Havant17 December 2017
Productive,friendly,in some days,depending on needed production can be very fast paced or stressing.

Management is quite easy going and willing to inform and help.
Pros
free drinks
Productive and fun workplace
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Havant21 November 2017
I enjoyed working in this company.The values of this company protect s the employees and their rights.It is a fast-paced environment that allows you to give your own opinions and ideas related to the good development of the products manufactured.
Enjoyable always have something to do
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Havant19 October 2017
The day was packed, always something to do. I enjoyed the work experience I gained while here.
It's nice that there's a good cafeteria with hot food served daily.
Soul Destroying
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire14 September 2017
I worked here for 2 years and that was 2 years too many! I don't know how people can work there all their lives. It's like a military camp, very strict. The management are arrogant - we are their skivvies who make them lots of money and that is all. It's full of gossip from people who have been there all their lives. Not a career, just an easy boring job which pays the bills but gives you a bad back in the mean time. I watched the clock the whole time.
Pros
Half decent salary
Cons
soul destroying
Fun Workplace
Production Operative/Solderer (Current Employee) –  Havant6 September 2017
It is a fun and safe workplace where you can learn how to be a part of a team.The day goes on smoothly as long as everybody participates to the team.In the canteen we have benefits like free coffee and fresh fruit which is a good thing for the employees.
Productive work place
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Havant, ENG10 March 2015
Ok work environment lots of different shifts avalible solderer and assembler jobs aswell as floor supervisor etc good to meet new poeple and work as part of a team
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Split shift
A job but not a career!
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  havant13 February 2015
This is a steady job but there are very limited chances to proceed in the company due to favoritism.
The company is very much based on quantity over quality which i feel is shockingly awful considering the nature of the business.
Company management Do not seem to care, communicate or respect the workforce.
The only things i really enjoy about this work pace are my colleagues, Half day Fridays and payday.
Productive and fun place to work
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Havant23 June 2014
As much as I like working for Apollo Fire detectors I find myself needing more of a challenge within the work place. My working day starts at 7:45am and I am set targets of 230 fire detectors per hour. I get along with all other members of staff as I am a very friendly, easy going person. The hardest part of my job would be remembering all the different concessions to each product/ line build within Apollo, but I have now learnt that different products and new concessions can be found within the different product type information books. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things meeting new people and achieving my set targets.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not challenging enough
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Havant, ENG19 February 2014
Working for Apollo was mostly sat on an production line and assembling fire detectors. How ever, most of the people I found very good to work with.