Aplant Employee Reviews

Worst move anyone could make.
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear27 November 2018
Just left here and have to say, very poorly managed, front line staff a joke, have no manners towards customers or staff. Fitters when busy required to drop work to do deliveries then made to cut corners in order to get stuff out on time. Plant not checked properly.and done dip checks on wagon and sent back out. Accidents waiting to happen. My advice avoid and try a better company like Nixon's.
Cannot get PPE as cannot put orders in for it that month. Only allowed can when suits boss
Pros
Cons
All of the above and more, ask any fitter there or driver
Terrible management
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands22 November 2018
No support from managers, no help from HR , the high turnover of staff speaks volumes , senior managers don’t even acknowledge or say hello !

They like to post about how much they spend and do on LinkedIn shame they do not look after or support the staff
Pros
Ermmm !!!
Cons
Treated like nothing
Bullying
Mobil fitter (Former Employee) –  London South East, Greater London19 November 2018
Aplant still after many years this company is rubbish.
Gangster tactics from manager and bullying interviews with false accusations.
My advice is not to work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Manager
Manchester North Depot (Pilsworth,Bury )
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 October 2018
Some really really committed people who hold the place together, manager is arrogant and disrespectful to all the staff. Mangers and foremen pressurise staff for unrealisticdead lines . You have to wonder if every day is your last due to the brutality of the depot manager. Machines are sent to customers with faulty components and controls . Bonus fed regime. No support. No skilled or qualified staff carrying out maintenance on plant equipment. Poor pay . False promises. Low morale. Avoid it really is bad
Pros
You get to go home
Cons
Aggressive manager
Ex-employee
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire13 October 2018
I worked for A-Plant for 4 and a half years and can honestly say I loved every moment.

Alot of these reviews are from TMOs & Fitters based in depots up and down the country and yes they have undoubtedly had the issues they have mentioned but from my time spend working in the Warrington Support Office I can honestly say it is one of the friendliest places I have ever worked, all staff right up to the Senior Team.

Its a very busy, fast paced environment, not for the work-shy or those that find the public sector "busy"

Often feel I jumped the gun in leaving when i did, made some amazing, supportive friends.
Pros
Amazing people/friends & progression opportunities
Cons
Low pay copared to other roles
Management is a joke.....
Traffic management (Current Employee) –  Wales20 September 2018
They're all about health and safety until it suits them. They force you to work weekends. And you usually get the jobs that are miles away, while the management picks all the best jobs for themselves. Pay is not the best, All management think of is making money and they really don't care about the staff.
Pros
Cons
Wage. Hours. On call. Management
Avoid
Yard labourer (Former Employee) –  Colnbrook8 August 2018
Terrible company to work for, management was atrocious, not aloud to talk whilst working get spoken to like a bit of rubbish. Do one thing wrong even if it’s ur first day u get shouted at and threatened with the sack. Really really horrible place to be and you dread going in the next day.
Cons
Awesome place and awesome company
Yard Operative (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire25 July 2018
I worked there for a while . The management where top class , helped me in every aspect of my job and still keep in touch now . The training dept are second to none and instructors especially are very knowledgeable on what they are putting across to the trainees . Would work there again without a doubt . I loved it . Wish I had not left really . The pay structure is very good for the trade.
Pros
training, loads of holidays, brill pay
Fitter (Current Employee) –  North East13 July 2018
Great place to work , management are very friendly and customer focused.
Prospects are good and company always try to look within when a job role becomes available.
Training is second to none.
This is the 4th plant hire company I’ve worked for and by far the best.
Good players , real living wage and good bonus scheme.
Pros
Pay, bonuses, training, no weekend work
Cons
Nine
Good days
Workshop Foreman (Former Employee) –  357 Swansea1 June 2018
Worked for a plant for 17 years and loved it started as a mob fitter moved on to a driving position for a few years , finished my time as a workshop Forman , hard work but if you think the grass is greener on the other side you are wrong , would work for A plant in a heart beat again good days 👍
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Don’t think you are working for the council, not for lazy people
Poor company
Fitter (Former Employee) –  South21 May 2018
Corner cutting just to get hires,take in unskilled fitters to check oil etc and pay them the same as level 3 fitters multiple job titles to save money and take away any chance of progression . Office staff can’t turn the hire down putting undue stress on fitters when we haven’t got the kit . Wages are abbismal product knowledge is poor and some fitters knowledge just as bad customers are steadily running away from this shambles and so should it’s staff . Going to go down hill fast .
Pros
Decent co workers to an extent
Cons
Wages, acknowledgement of skills, spineless management
Ex fitter
Powered access fitter (Former Employee) –  Manchester north13 May 2018
Avoid a plant mangment bonus driven bullies push push for kit to go out on hire even if not safe hr need to look into management running their depots and workshops
Pros
Leaving
Encouraging management
FORS admin (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire23 February 2018
The management was great and would encourage me to go on any courses that were available. All staff were helpful. Great place to work and encouraging.
Great company to work for.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrington8 November 2017
The company is amazing. Would wholly recommend for anyone to work here. A true market leader in its field. Its a tough industry to work in but the rewards are there for all to be had too.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Badly organised,no respect from management.
TMO (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 October 2017
Managers are not managers!.They Havnt a clue how to manage people.I would advise to stay well clear of this company as an employee or customer.TM side,LUX in my experience are cowboys who promise you the world but never deliver.Your safety is not a priority.They cut corners to maximise profit at every opportunity.Cowboys!!
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Most of it
Not great
Driver (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire20 September 2017
They make themselves appear terrific to work for and really above board, but immediately as I started for them broke their own rules. Badly managed. Badly planned jobs. Poor wage. Many hours. Bled by management. Will be leaving soon.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Long hours. Poor wage
No work / life balance - exhausting
Service Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland31 August 2017
As a former manager, my time at A-Plant (2nd time round) was thrust upon me. Trying to get anything done (other than push turnover!) Was laughable, we had a building & yard which was sub standard, and the directors and senior management were bullying and intimidating particularly when you were not quite performing as they'd like financially!
Many people looking to progress and quite happy to 'stick the knife in' to do so.
Work / life balance is non existent with the hours being ridiculous at times to meet demand, often without praise or thanks.
It wasn't all bad, early days were good. The changes in directors killed my motivation to be there, coupled with the daft hours.
Pros
Great Salary, Outstanding bonus earning potential
Cons
Work life balance / senior management / harassing environment / health & safety breaches
A-Void Plant
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scotland19 July 2017
Depot Managers are inexperienced and bully as opposed to guide, assist and nurture. Sales managers don't usually stay around for long and bring people down publicly (conf calls) and slag people off. A few guys went to HR but it was laughed off
Had 4 bosses in 4 years. Day one was handed my car keys and mobile and left to it. If your face fits and kiss enough bum then you'll be fine. If you have an opinion then you won't enjoy it. Sales meetings are good, everyone gets plastered but half the the senior staff are "at it" with each other. Bonuses are at discretion and go to the favourites.

Avoid.
Pros
Managers are idiots so you can run rings round them
Cons
Rubbish atmosphere, low moral
rubbish workplace
Yard Operative (Current Employee) –  nottingham2 July 2017
never work for this company!
overworked under paid.
you get treated like a nobody false promises.
once you do the smallest thing wrong they want to sack you......AVOID!!
Pros
dont work weekends
Cons
poor pay overworked
Absouley terrible
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham30 June 2017
The management of this company is absolutley shocking, manipulative and bully tactics! the pay is poor for anybody with real skills hence why people are took on with no experience to fulfil skilled roles. Management and office staff reap all benefits while workshop are ignored and ran into the ground. all staff are down and depressed with the place, alot of stress and staff with little knowledge of their role ( because they are cheap).