Apex Hotels Employee Reviews

fun and quick paced
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset18 February 2019
Quick to pick up and lovely working with people whom I had never met before, got to know some really nice people. Really helpful staff in training, good training protocol and good benefits to working there too like free gym and swim.
a really good place to work with really friendly staff
cleaning assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath9 January 2019
the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the room looked its best every day. the hardest part of the job is the time limit you have to make every room up to the highest possible standard. the workplace culture was amazing, everyone was always really happy and everyone got on with each other really well. management could have been more supportive but oh well.
Pros
free lunches, one hour lunch break, smoke breaks, all cleaning stock available
Didnt know i was seasonal
Front of House Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dundee5 January 2019
I was not aware of the fact that i was seasonal and was not aware if i was working christmas day until about 5 days before and was told that i would get more work after christmas but ended up with no job.
unfriendly place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh30 December 2018
Dishonest, insincere and very unfriendly manager and his assistant, very hypocritical and unpleasant atmosphere, lack of empathy and understanding. Polish manager is so in love with himself and he can't see past the end of his nose. They do not care about your problems. You can not report a sick, or ask for a day off, because they will take revenge on you and you will scrub tiles in the bathroom as a punishment, or they will cling to a dot in the sink. If you are not a polish friend of manager or his assistant from Poland, you are a junk, feel like a piece of trash, not a human, and they give you 10 working days in a row. What you can do, you will not leave because you will not find another job. And they expolit this. Avoid this place and do not believe in stories that they write and talk about during the recruitment interview. They have their friends among employees and they stick together. Gossiping and rumors are everyday life. When you have 11 depart rooms and 3 stayover rooms with a linen change, a friend's assistant manager has 10 rooms, including 2 two departs and the rest of the steyovers rooms without linen changes. They are finishing work at 14 o'clock and are sitting on gossip in the office, no one will help you. If you go to help someone, the manager will humiliate you and aggressively tell you that he sets it when someone can help other. It's not a hotel for strangers, it's a closed circle of friends. You are a stranger, you will not working there for too long, because they will humiliate you, they will put off your nerves that you will go away alone. No work and  more... life balance. This is not true.  less
Cons
long hours, no help, unfriendly atmposhere, unfriendly housekeeping managment from Poland
depressing place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland19 September 2018
Apex values have changed over the years working here, older staff being pushed out and new management with little or no experience letting the standards slip, there is no real integration of departments and there is little care for staff retention or operation.
new management within several departments shows the companies lack of care with inexperienced staff doing roles they are not fit to do so they can lower wages to increase profit.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad management
Productive but Unorganised
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City25 August 2018
All the experience at working in the hotel was great but the interaction between the manager and the new workers was not the best as the manager rarely answered the messages making it difficult to accept shifts and therefore giving me very few hours to work at the hotel.
exhausting physical work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh20 June 2018
Salary totally inadequate to duties.
Very hard and exhausting physical work. After work you very, very tired and don't want do anything else.
Definitely too many rooms for one day's work in 4 star hotel (too much departures room for one day or too much rooms with linen change). Irrational change of king's beds on a twin and vice versa which adds only extra hard work. Cleaning the rooms of the present guests in the same way as the departures rooms. A very small canteen and a poor choice of dinner dishes. A very small cloakroom outside the hotel.
Salary it's totally inadequate.
Pros
Cons
too many rooms for one day's work, salary totally inadequate to duties
Good Place to work
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh18 June 2018
The hotel is a nice friendly place to work, with all departments getting along. there is sometimes some long hard shifts (over the Xmas period) but they are fun to do.
Pros
Free Lunch and Dinner, Good Rates with the hotels in London
Dynamic workplace
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Bath3 June 2018
- Either working within F&B or C&E
- Setting up conference and events or food and beverage
- Communicational and team working skills
- Chilled management
Ambiente muy amable
Camarera (Former Employee) –  Uk23 April 2018
Todos los compañeros son amables entre sí y con el resto de personas que llegan al hotel.
El trabajo es realizado, entre todos.
fun environment but very demnading
Casual Conference and Banqueting Porter (Current Employee) –  James St W, Bath BA1 2DA7 April 2018
work is often unbalanced and staff are left to find out what they must do which means waiting time finding a supervisor. this means staff often have to stay later than necessary or way beyond their shift.

i learned customer service skill i had previously been able to as i now deal with a larger client base.

Before an event most likely we receive a briefing which allocates us individual task but that is not always the case and requires you to think on your feet and take initiative in certain areas of the workers and helping divide the workload.

This allows one to take on more roles and learn more through out the eveining.
Pros
fun work environment
Progressive hotel group
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bath23 March 2018
Busy and professional workplace, with a training program that is easily accessible and informative.
Good relations within the staff and management.
Long hours.
F&B operations manager (Current Employee) –  City of London31 January 2018
Growing independent hotel chain with ten 4* properties located in London, Edinburgh, Bath, Glasgow and Dundee.Great company, Fantastic people and Great culture.
Pros
growth and development
Busy and active workplace
Porter (Former Employee) –  London Wall5 June 2017
My typical day at work would be standing up for long hours.I learned how to effectively communicate with customers and provide them with the enquiries they needed. Maintained calm and worked under pressure when they were guests checking in the hotel. The manager was helpful showing me a few of the roles that I had to accomplish and positive when it came from feedback and solving problems with the guests. One of the most enjoyable part of the job was able to get a few tips from clients , free lunches and the ability of always being kept busy makes the hours go by really fast.
Pros
Free lunches
Professional, Functional Workplace
Food & Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 May 2017
Excellent company, great work environment. HR manager & associates made me feel welcome and as part of a team.

Lots of training courses and opportunities to progress, regretfully had to leave the company/city due to personal circumstances.
Pros
Management, colleagues, Shift patterns, staff meals
Cons
Pay/Tips & glass curtain wall in summer makes an uncomfortable work enviroment
great team
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  London13 September 2016
was a good job for a short time,a great management,my co-workers were great,but I want a part time job,a little bit flexible.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hard work
Fun place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  London8 September 2016
I work in Housekeeping at Apex London Wall. It is a hard job but I love it. We have a nice team and we are all helping each other. Balance life/ work is great!
Pros
Great colleagues and managers
Cons
Great Marketing team and great company
MARKETING SUPPORT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh8 September 2016
Love working with Apex Hotels. Great people here and interesting work. I joined the marketing team on a contract and have been welcomed into the company and receiving good support and experience.
apex hotel
Waiter/food and beverage assistant (Current Employee) –  Dundee15 May 2016
A brilliant employer but need more hours. The apex hotel is a great place to work it has given me industry knowledge and guidance of how I can progress in my career.
Pros
great environment safe work great training
Cons
not enough hours
Not terrible
Casual Worker (Current Employee) –  Dundee, SCT12 November 2015
It was mediocre, because I didn't get any shifts. If I had received shifts, I probably would have kept my job, the staff were friendly, and I was given adequate training, however, this was irrelevant, because I did not get any shifts.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
No Shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Apex Hotels Reviews by Location