apetito

apetito Employee Reviews

United Kingdom52 reviews
good place to work
very good place to work ,as a new driver you'll get a good training ,salary review every year and bonus ,sick pay and 33 days of holiday ,job is relatively easy,everything is in cages or dollies pre sorted on your truck in order of your deliveries ,the only down side of the job is overtime is paid at flat rate
Part-Tme Hours, Full-Time Commitment Expected
This is not a caring role but the customers are the best part of the job, who deserve a better service but are tied to using a company that has no competition. The operation is run for economy and convenience of unseen depot/management/head office who do not lead by example, lie (& bully) and are dismissive about the welfare of the customer and lower ranking staff. You deliver hot food as quickly as possible and regularly not the meal that the customer has ordered or can often eat. Rota drawn up at short notice from the limited availability of staff so expect to be rostered to work on any day, up to 9 days straight, every weekend and have leave requests refused. Despite daily van/oven checks, repairs aren't carried out and sometimes don't meet legal standards. Patronising obsession with driving performance and disciplinary threats, which overrides any other commitment you are making above the job role to provide good service, a 'can-do' attitude, covering staff shortages, other staff getting set work days, correcting office errors etc. Non-existent training other than instructed to sign off a backlog of unread worksheets. No staff meetings and not interested in feedback to improve the service. The one committed manager was spread so thinly across several depots and duties that they were fire-fighting and severely stressed.
Pros
Out on the road, lovely customers
Cons
Read the review
I enjoyed helping the vulnerable, and being rewarded by their smile
Helping the vulnerable, was the best thing I enjoyed being apart of. As I enjoy helping all people in difficult situation or circumstances, as my heart pours out to them. However, being unappreciated and disrespected by those who are in charge in the branch office, is something I could no longer tolerate.
Also I have to say, the Head Office need to stop making excuses for bad behaviour for Branch offices, when they cannot see or is aware of what is going on, and how the branch Manager or those in the Office, are treating their staff. Most times the Manager and those who work in branch offices can lie, and do get away with it.
Pros
Lunch was fine
Cons
Hours were fine
Bad management
The worst job I have ever worked for they are only out to make money don't care about the people who provide it for them or there customers and don't help with the day to day running for the employees and allways giving out wrong food which could make diabetes and gluten free ill we are made to work on days off and sick days taking extra rounds and told you have to do them making meals shockingly late and sending drivers out delivering meals meant for dinner at 2pm getting there at 4 or 5 pm how can the council allow these cowboys to deliver a professional service with medioka manegment
Cons
Haven't worked since as I'm depressed
Intresting place to work
The culture is very different to the majority of companies that I have worked for.
The company takes pride in its customer focus, so puts an awful lot of back up into this area.
Pros
Microwave meals available to at cost price
Cons
Out of hours on call for a week, having to also work a full day when
Mistrust
I had a really bad time at work, always did the tasks they asked, but never respected or appreciated. Heavy handed tactics. And I felt really downtrodden
Lovely company with strong core values and true desire to make a difference
Lovely family owned company with strong core values and a true desire to make a difference to the vulnerable people that we serve. However, be aware there is also a crony culture within some senior areas of the business units, and if you don't fit to their ego, you will not be able to advance despite high performance.
bueno ambiente con cafe
con ganas de aprender , capacidad de adaptacion,trabajo en grupo y aportar mi experiencia para beneficio da empresa
Check your van
Worked for this company for just over a year. Make sure you check your van and refuse to drive it if anytging is wrong. On more than one occasion i was made to drive a van with tires that were not road legal. I informed management and was told that the repairs budget had been used up so would have to wait for new tires. I was also told that myself and other drivers were "f****ng liers" when i finally refused to drive the illegal van.
Productive and fun place to work
Apetito is a hot meals on wheels service. The day would start with loading frozen meals into the ovens in the back of the vans. Ovens would go on and within an hour you would be out delivering them, to the old and vulnerable. The best bets was that sometimes the people you delivered to, you were the only ones they saw all day. The worst deliverying in the snow.
Good
Happy to have worked there and enjoyed my time, now that I look back. It was typically a Monday to Friday role, with a company that cares, for the most part. Nice benefits and team members
Shattered my confidence
Completely ruined my confidence working for this company. Was never given any positive feedback on how I was doing. I was criticised all of the time by my line manager. I have been unable to find work since as my confidence has completely gone.
Solid company, with limited career progression.
Delivering lunches to vulnerable is amazingly satisfying and job it self is great if you don't have ambition. Limited career progression with odd internal promotion system where anyone with in can apply for any job (haven't experienced that before). Recruiting process for new drivers is slow (2-3) months to replace a driver as per DBS policy. This massively affects remaining staff and management.
Very bad management and not respecting
very disappointed with management inexperienced and don’t know how to speak with workers. The co workers are very good and helpful.
There should b good management that they know how to speak with staff and what are there duties
Busy and productive
I enjoyed meeting new people within the job.
Its a very fast paced job but had a brilliant atmosphere i enjoyed workimg alongside the other members of staff
Working for Sainsbury 's was the best learning process for the retail industry.
Working for the Sainsbury was the best learning process.The customer were friendly and the staff and the Management were excellent.The company also provides excellent family events for the Easter and the Christmas.
I loved my job and people
I migrated the menus from one system to the new and improved system, it had its challenges but I had a very supportive team I could call on.
I completed the 1st Phase of the project, however they ran out of budget and my fixed Term contract was not extended due to this and was unable to see it through to the final stages.
Pros
Was able to work from home. Great Team, Great people
Cons
Budget constraints
Like working in the 1980s, so much paperwork.
Very little in the way of training or personal development.
Leadership no existent.

Production is no valued.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Stuck in the past
Driver Hampshire
A great job with real feel good factor helping elderly people. The biggest letdown is the management. Doesn't seem to be much support, staff always seem tense and stressed. Also different rules seems to apply for managers and supervisors to drivers. Pay is quite good for part time hours. Would not like to work here full time as not a pleasant environment to be. Also some food safety worries not sure its completely hygenic.
Pros
Helping in the community
Cons
Managers pressure, bullying
Excellent place to work
This was an excellent place to work as they gave me the opportunity to experience a lot of working placements, covering Accounts, Cost cutting, Regional Sales, National Sales, Product Development and Marketing.
A great place to work
After working for the company for three years and having to leave due to partner relocating, it has been the most rewarding job I have ever done. The management team are amazing the best i have worked for, they will go the extra mile to support and look after the team from van defects to workplace culture. It is a rewarding job and you make a difference everyday, with a great team culture and the customer is always at the heart of the operation. when face with a challanging day the whole team pulls together to support each other. I am unsure about the negative comments left by some people, there is obliviously a reason why they no longer work for the company. Need i say more
Pros
management, work culture and a rewarding hard days work
Cons
not enough hours