apetito Employee Reviews

I loved my job and people
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire22 February 2019
I migrated the menus from one system to the new and improved system, it had its challenges but I had a very supportive team I could call on.
I completed the 1st Phase of the project, however they ran out of budget and my fixed Term contract was not extended due to this and was unable to see it through to the final stages.
Pros
Was able to work from home. Great Team, Great people
Cons
Budget constraints
Like working in the 1980s, so much paperwork.
Quality Food Safety Auditor (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire14 January 2019
Very little in the way of training or personal development.
Leadership no existent.

Production is no valued.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Stuck in the past
Driver Hampshire
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hampshire13 January 2019
A great job with real feel good factor helping elderly people. The biggest letdown is the management. Doesn't seem to be much support, staff always seem tense and stressed. Also different rules seems to apply for managers and supervisors to drivers. Pay is quite good for part time hours. Would not like to work here full time as not a pleasant environment to be. Also some food safety worries not sure its completely hygenic.
Pros
Helping in the community
Cons
Managers pressure, bullying
Excellent place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire20 December 2018
This was an excellent place to work as they gave me the opportunity to experience a lot of working placements, covering Accounts, Cost cutting, Regional Sales, National Sales, Product Development and Marketing.
A great place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hampshire24 October 2018
After working for the company for three years and having to leave due to partner relocating, it has been the most rewarding job I have ever done. The management team are amazing the best i have worked for, they will go the extra mile to support and look after the team from van defects to workplace culture. It is a rewarding job and you make a difference everyday, with a great team culture and the customer is always at the heart of the operation. when face with a challanging day the whole team pulls together to support each other. I am unsure about the negative comments left by some people, there is obliviously a reason why they no longer work for the company. Need i say more
Pros
management, work culture and a rewarding hard days work
Cons
not enough hours
Driver meals hampshire
Former driver (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire3 October 2018
Very badly managed company, rota a shambles, always asked to work on day off, sometimes even when on leave. Defects on vans are ignored so lots of breakdowns. Customers are the overall losers its not fair. If Hampshire council are happy to be partner of apetito then not much hope for the future of either. No experience required as always seem desperate for drivers. So virtually guaranteed a job if you applied.
Pros
Dont really care about experience, suitability, even able to work with criminal records. Hourly paid rate is pretty good
Cons
Bad managers, alway asked to do more and more. Unsafe vans.
apetito is a good company to work for
DRIVER SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire1 October 2018
i enjoy working at apetito

i have learned a lot working for them
a typical day at work is making sure the vans are all ready for delivering the meals to the clients and that the drivers all turn up at the appointed time to take the vans out and deliver saftley
poor
satellite supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire20 September 2018
Not a very well organised company and treat staff like kids. And the meals are shocking. Feel embarrassed to give them to elderly people as wouldn't even give to a dog
good working conditions
Contract Supervisor (Meals on Wheels ) (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire18 August 2018
The day began at 8.00a.m by starting computers and downloading relevant information for yourself and your staff to enable a problem free day, (although these were few and far between). I was responsible for approximately 20 staff delivering hot meals to the elderly and vulnerable throughout Gloucestershire, so all vehicles had to be checked daily for roadworthiness.Being supervisor meant you had to have an open door policy with staff but always be ready to correct or discipline them, while listening and helping with personal problems, which for me was the most demanding part of the job, although I can honestly say my relationship with staff was always amiable and good natured from both sides. The part of the job I enjoyed most was the satisfaction that myself and my staff were helping vulnerable people to cope with the demands of modern life.
Pros
good salary
Cons
being part of alarge company, who scrutinised every move.
good company
Logistics Supervisor - North (Current Employee) –  Northern England9 August 2018
A very good company to work for. excellent bonus. just don't do anything wrong, has very disciplined. which is good, but has long has you get HR to work on your side and don't go back on the company's polices your fine !!!!!
Pros
excellent pension and bonus
Cons
still try to contact you whilst on holiday, apart from, that just turn phone off
lacks management
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Fareham30 July 2018
The company are good for the customers who need help with meals. When it come to staff the management are not very helpful in making sure of their safety and needs
Pros
part time
Cons
work 365/7 in all weather and conditions
not the best - all about profits
former customer service driver (Former Employee) –  Hampshire Winchester13 July 2018
Management is weak, staff expected to go above & beyond at all times with no recognition thanks or appreciation. A great concept spoiled by corporate greed, bottom line expectations and sub standard customer service. Shame. Lack of direction, blame culture and no management lead b example. Very much upstairs / downstairs, them and us culture. Vehicles not always road legal or safe.
Pros
autonomy for the few hours of delivery, making some ones day
Cons
no work/family balance, unrealistic expectations, lack of appreciation. poor management and no direction
Bad management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ford, West Sussex11 July 2018
Awful place to work,management non supportive and two faced.no support in the supervisory role.there is no training so are thrown in the deep end,would never work for them again!
Hot Meal Delivery Driver
Meals on wheels delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Hampshire Contract11 July 2018
Terrible management skills. No organisation. Teams left for months without Satco. Vehicle defects are ignored when reported. Rounds are impossible to complete within contracted hours, Winchester ignore concerns and add more drops despite drivers frustrations.
Customers often left frustrated that their menus have been incorrectly input, meaning that they are paying for meals they don't want or can't eat due to special dietary requirements.
Pros
Providing meals to the elderly
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic rounds, total disrespect for drivers
Excellent environment
Baking Operative (Former Employee) –  Dudley24 April 2018
Liked working with the staff and management on a daily basis, the staff were very helpful and friendly and a friendly atmosphere to work in day in and day out.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Standing on feet all day
Employed as Customer Service Admin for 5 yrs
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent10 April 2018
Great at first and then taken over by Apetito. Then it was all sales based, getting elderly often vulnerable people to trust us. Then we had to sell them food they didn’t want. Continually ringing and it felt like I was harassing customers.

Not enough staff for lunch breaks even
Pros
Customers lovely
Cons
The company are all about sales
Very Poor Management, Bullying & blame culture
Driver (Former Employee) –  Winchester24 March 2018
This is the worst place to work for. The managers have no respect for you , all they care about is the money. The pressure is unreal. The mangers are not professional & would use inappropriate language & there is a lot of blame culture. Its disgusting & im surprised this company is running. You dont get paid properly but expected to work stupid hours. The management have no skills at all running the place. The only support you will get are from the drivers, they are all very friendly & good.
Pros
Friendly Drivers and making a difference to the community.
Cons
Management, pay, long hours, pressured with time & drops.
Lots of prospects
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Portbury21 February 2018
When I joined there was a lot of management change overs but the job has so much potential and a lot of good people there, they promote within and salary and benefits are very good, if you can stand the cold (uniform is provided) then get to apetito
Pros
Good company, good wage, great work colleagues
Cons
Bad choices in managers thus far
Jobs okay,
Palletiser (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire18 February 2018
Its okay I guess, they push you to learn more skills which sounds great but then want you to do them for free while the person your covering gets extra money for doing the same roll..
Pros
Living wage, new year bonus, and christmas off
Cons
The staff are strange
Great rewarding job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire8 February 2018
Management is great and support you when need help. Feel that my role is really supported and can never do enough to help. Great and rewarding job that fits in with my lifestyle
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at apetito. Our community is ready to answer.