Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Aon:

Aon Employee Reviews

United Kingdom166 reviews
For the most parts I enjoyed myself here, there were times where stress was overwhelming but that came with the role I assumed.

Towards the end, the pressure did become intense as a lot of my colleagues felt the place was falling apart rapidly which made team morale dreadful.

A shame in some ways.
Pros
The people
Cons
The CEO’s and higher management
less than 3 years in the role and then mass redundancies....apparently this is not the first time Aon have done this.....not the secure role I thought it would be
Pros
interesting work
Cons
Not secure
staff behave how they want (bad hygiene, condescending attitudes, general rudeness) and managers don't do anything about it. Good luck if you have mental health issues caused by aon, HR, managers and ops managers will lie, gaslight you, not listen to corporate health to make the situation better and actively make you worse by refusing to deal with the situation, very immature and poisonous place to be. You dont get any proper training just on the job as they call it aka you'll sit being ignored by the socially awkward teams that make no effort unless you do first and you constantly have to ask for help and training.

Awful communication in general, they cover up and hide alot from staff, the IT is shocking, systems always going down and the servers can't handle the databases so its stressful trying to work with snailpace network.

Avoid like the plague.
Pros
none.
Cons
everything
Easy people to get on with a long day made short.Dont use profiles enough as it makes it quicker but all round good firm and the foreman is very easy to approach which is a good thing.
Pros
Good forman
Cons
Not enough qualified trowels
Aon has a good life balance working flexible hours. However progression is very diffcult and their is no bonus insentive and 1% fixed raise.

Furthermore there is a big difference between seniors an non seniors, non seniors do most the work but get non of the recognisations.
Pros
free fruit and tea, flexible hour
Cons
Pay, no prgressions
I was only at AON for three months for a maternity assignment but that was unfortunately cut short due to the Corona virus and changes happening within the company. Love the people I worked with and would definitely go back
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
really enjoying working at Aon. Excellent company to work for.
Made to feel very welcome by all the staff from management to graduates.

Very relaxed working environment.
Only gave 1 star for job security as my team being made redundant - other than that, good place to work - great location, great people = will be sad to go :)
I loved the job and my colleagues but the business was brand new when I started. I didn’t really end up doing the job I thought I had as they were just starting up and figuring things out.
Aon offers many opportunities in the IT area from infrastructure to security, End point, network and collaboration and application development. Opportunities can be national, regional or global.
Pros
Work from home encouraged
Cons
Long Hours
Aon is an excellent employer. They have a good work/life balance. Very flexible with hours and working from home. Great technology and innovative offices.
Aon is very good at promoting support for its staff and sponsoring charities etc but in practice this is all surface if you ever really had problems you were managed out of the business.
I temped as a receptionist at AON. I really enjoyed the job and the people were very friendly and helpful. I was working full time but would prefer part time, hence the job had to end.
Things can move slow due to size of the company but they do focus on their employee's welfare. They offer home and office work. A typical day would be liaising with clients and providers ensuring client employees policies are up to date.
Working with people with common interested and people who actually respect you is refreshing a real pleasure to work here. from the pay to the people you work with and for it really is a great place to work.
Working for Aon was a great experience, it is evident that Aon is a company that thrives on progressing careers and looking after their employees.

Work/life balance is good too, with added flexibility in terms of working hours and work from home arrangements.
Aon was quite stressful at times due to heavy workloads and demands. They cut down the workforce so workloads got heavier. I did meet some lovely people there.
Morale low in the pension service centre causing a negative atmosphere mainly due to bad management techniques causing stress and a high turnover of staff
Decent place - good work balance. Processes are hit and miss. Security tough in a competitive market. Will miss my time there but thanks for last 7 years.
A Happy office and enjoyed it there. Should have stayed and not been tempted to leave. A bit dusty and dirty due to the renovation work, but when finished should be very nice. Don't know how long AON will stay there though as they are making a lot of staff reductions
Someone is always willing to help. The corporate culture is embedded in the ideology of collaboration. There is adequate support when its gets intense