Aon Employee Reviews

Found 147 reviews matching the search See all 4,308 reviews
Supportive and collaborative workplace
Client Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 October 2019
Someone is always willing to help. The corporate culture is embedded in the ideology of collaboration. There is adequate support when its gets intense
Gereat people, oddly disfunctional structures
Lead Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Leadenhall21 October 2019
A strong delivery team, very knowledgeable and capable. C-suite were very challenging stakeholders, often went their own way, disregarding the advice and steer from the programme team.
Client Advisor
Client Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol20 October 2019
Satisfactory management at Aon. The salary can vary, dependent on the job description. They company are great at providing training and investing in their employers. Overall a great company to work for.
Aon is great if you're in to insurance
Marketing Events Executive (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 October 2019
I have loved working at Aon. The offices are all so friendly, bright, clean and well decorated.

The staff here are all kind and generally tend to socialise a lot across business units.

The benefits package is brilliant and the flexible working is exactly what you're after!

However, if you're in a creative role, Aon may not be the place for you due to the fact that they don't invest enough in their talent to retain it. Creative/Marketing salaries aren't great here compared to the other arms of Aon, but it's generally better than the market outside of Aon. Especially if you are a junior!!

Valuable experience to be had here though! Walking through the doors all those years ago, I didn't know half as much as I do now.
Salaries not competitive
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago and London23 September 2019
Salary scales are not disclosed and not competitive with the market. no consistency in senior management. Too much pressure on employee engagement but no budget to fulfill it
Bullying culture
GMP analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands26 July 2019
Enjoyed actual job, however management will turn a blind eye to bullying and subsequent effects that this has on mental health. Jobs for promotion to senior analyst were not advertised for fair progression opportunities. On handing in my notice, flagged my concerns of bullying/racism (from line manager) to HR and senior management- as far as I am aware no subsequent action was taken.
Excellent team spirit and experience under Deborah Cowell.
Group risk consultant (Former Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey19 June 2019
Great range of Employee Benefits worked on and great high level technical knowledge.
Great empowerment in dealing with and looking after many FTSE 100 companies. And visiting them too. Good time tracking systems and billing systems too.
Pros
Benefits and kudos
Cons
High pressure with some FTSE100 companies
very productive
premium processing technician (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford25 March 2019
was employed by Aon for 17 years, lot of moving locations, lots of change. Changed Internal systems frequently, worked in the Romford, the London Office, and finally Chelmsford for the remaining two years
Fantastic company
Financial Crime Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow12 February 2019
I worked with Aon for mant years starting in the Pension Review then latterly in the Financial Crime unit. Staff are promoted where there are vacancies. A great compant to work for.
Answering queries
CLIENT CONTACT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire16 January 2019
Aon has good career progression, and is a great job starter to get into the insurance sector, they are a house hold brand are are recognised globally. Great company to get into
Pros
Known company
Cons
Outsourced a lot
Global xompany with good work life balance
Account Executive and Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex9 January 2019
Having worked in the Global divison a small part of Aon, I was able to deal with some good accounts and deal with other sections of the company which allowed a great learning and understanding of the client.

Dealing with different time zones was critical and meant sometimes working long hours but always a rewarding role
Workplace that makes you creative and productive
Developer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire7 January 2019
Typical day at work : Meetings, a lot of code and brainstorming sessions
What you learned: Processes, effective communication, secure coding
Management: Always available
Workplace culture: Inclusive, modern and diverse
Hardest part of job: Support application built using very old technologies
Most enjoyable part of job: An amazing new office and equipment
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Would have to work on old technologies
Good company to work for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leicester, UK17 December 2018
I enjoyed my time at Aon and find the work and people enjoyable and friendly. Aon were flexible with their working hours. Unfortunately I was on the list for redundancy.
Pros
Friendly, flexible hours
Cons
In town
Productive and fun work place
Personal Assistant to Chairman, Energy Division (Former Employee) –  London, UK7 December 2018
I worked at Aon Energy 17 years ago and was made redundant at that time due to the economic climate, so I am not really in a position to comment on what it would be like to work for them now.
Challenging company, great opportunities
EMEA Transition & Transformation Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glasgow26 November 2018
I worked for Hewitt for 3 years, in which I developed all my Business Analyst skills.
I enjoyed the international projects and being given the opportunity to work independently on various initiatives.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Project-based.
Improvement focussed
Quality Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire23 November 2018
Always looking to do something better, different or value add. The organisation is very focussed on the client and client experience. Good culture for those who want to try something different.
Good Wrok Life Balance
Claims Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  London18 November 2018
Great place to work as even in 2012 they had a very good flexible working policy that I still think is way ahead of most companies.
Work is challenging and there is so many departments and people your scope for movement within the company is huge.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Low Salary
Not a good company to work for!!
Server / Backup Administrator (Former Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey29 October 2018
AON are a terrible company who do not respect their staff.

Poor management and a bullying culture is very present within AON
It would assert caution for anyone unfortunate enough to be employed by them.
productive fast-paced workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2018
I really enjoyed my work-experience at Aon, although at the end of the week I was exhausted and would fall asleep on my way home. I was given a good insight into the marine sector, and enjoyed the bustle of the city. The team that showed me round were professional and friendly.
Good Workplace
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire27 September 2018
I have learned a lot from working at AON over the years, i have really enjoyed the job and the challenges.

I love to be busy and work well within a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aon. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K