ao.com Employee Reviews

The worst company I have ever worked for
Head office worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester24 November 2018
I don't know why you can only award a one star minimum as this shockingly bad employer does not deserve such a high score. I have worked for organisations bigger and smaller than AO but never for one as bad as this. Good staff don't stay long in the business and turnover is very high throughout the company. You really are just a number here.
Pros
Home time.Nice coworkers. Paid sick (but you dont want to come back)
Cons
Low pay, terrible line manager. very odd culture
Awful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Crewe28 October 2018
Management is a joke they try to bully you into doing runs even though your 'classed' as self employed and should be able to decided when you want to work but if you say you can't do the run that they want you to, you can guarantee they won't give a run again for 2 or 3 days. You can't be ill cause if you miss a run they will sack you
Pros
Finish whenever you get back to the yard
Cons
Everything else
Shocking really
Contact Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire23 October 2018
On your interview day they make the company sound amazing and exciting when in reality it isn't. They'll tell you to use things like extra wrap, but then when its affect SLA you're being told to get out of it and then you will be moaned at if your notes aren't up to there standards, or missing information when you only have 30 seconds between each call.

When you speak to a customer, most of the time you're dealing with an issue because someone from sales, or customer services has promised the customer something that 100% will not happen. The communication is awful between departments and the customers are horrible most of the time.

Also, if you have any mental health issues, I would recommend working here as they don’t offer you any support, what so ever!
Pros
Free drinks, free chocolate, free cereal, car park outside
Cons
Management, no health support, favouritism, just a number
Management are shocking
FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire14 October 2018
Favouritism doesn't cut it with this place false promises and if your face doesn't fit the treat you like dirt management try to intimidate you and if you are not a yes man they try every means possible to get you out avoid this place
Pros
Great work force
Cons
Management are unprofessional
Stressful and BUSY
Customer Experience Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester16 September 2018
Managers do not care about you. You are just another number who will be in and out of the door. Pay is ridiculous and bonus is very hard to hit every week. Canteen has the same food every week and fridges are not restocked in the slightest.If you are part time, be prepared to not have a manager and be brushed off when asking for help from actual managers, it is your colleagues who will be the ones to help you. If you get an escalated call it is a managers duty to pick this up but they get annoyed when asked to do this. Holidays are also another con for this company, you will have no social life and will be denied any time that you request off. Overall this company is shambles! Management need looking into and replacing with those who know what they are doing
Pros
Collegues you work with - some managers.
Cons
Long hours - Not flexible with shifts - Holidays are not given when requested
Stressful & speedy
Porter/Assistant Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Purley14 August 2018
In this job you are very independent, minimal training and advice is given, you have to figure it out yourself which usually takes a couple weeks, also even with experience you have to constantly rush, there is no time to waste or you will finish very late. Also alot of heavy lifting & customer service must be very good.
Pros
independence
Cons
Early starts
No security
Account Manger, Expert Logistics (Current Employee) –  Peterborough13 August 2018
No security everyone is self employed and never paid correctly drivers take on far to much risk. Morale is low and no one gets job security or holiday or sick pay the staff turnover is ridiculous
Funn
Experts logistics (Former Employee) –  Potters Bar9 June 2018
Interesting as job, and you can learn new tricks and the client's really friendly, but as work for the company not so good experience are not so involved to help you in your need.
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire10 May 2018
Here at AO it is a great working environment, there is lots of opportunity to progress within the company and everyone is really friendly. The company is definitely taking the right steps in becoming the best white goods retailer in Europe.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
low wages
Good overall
INBOUND ACADEMY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Horwich, Greater Manchester3 May 2018
Money was good, nice working environment starbucks on site. Very fun - not much opportunity to develop when in a managers role - but financial aspect kept me there

Want to know more about ao.com?

Ask a question
One of the best companys i have worked for
Telesales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 May 2018
I only worked with this company for a very short space of time (6 months) but in that time I met a lot of lovely people, management and telesales advisors. The company acknowledged my hard work and awarded me best new starter, they train you well and they pay you extremely well!!
Pros
people, money
Cons
sales is sales
Lousy company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire24 April 2018
I have worked for a lot of companies in the past. Ao .com are the worst.
They are a bullying and robbing company. Treat employees with disrepect. Transport have got no ldea how to run it. Lack of communication. Throw personal property in skip if left in a van
Dispicable company . Stay well clear
They take money from your wages without a valid reason .charge you for any damage to vans .
Pros
Gas engineers great guys
Cons
Worst department to work in
Customer Experience Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton8 March 2018
Unsociable hours and management need work, made to feel like you're replaceable so you should be thankful that you're working there and take unfair criticism. Colleagues are nice, but with management - a whole different story.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks
Cons
Long hours, Management, Car park distance etc.
General Workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire15 February 2018
On your interview day they make the company sound wonderful and exciting when in reality it isn't. They'll tell you to use things like wrap, but then when its affect SLA you're being told to get out of it and then you will be moaned at if your notes aren't up to there standards, or missing information.

When you speak to a customer, most of the times you're dealing with an issue because someone from sales, or customer services has promised the customer something that 100% will not happen. The communication is awful between departments.
Great company to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spennymoor13 January 2018
Great company to work for. Advancement is very limited which is a bit annoying. Nightshift is now interfering with my home life and is a negative on effect on my sleep and health.
Pros
Good company
Cons
No real chance of advancement at an outbase
money was good and can be fun to work for
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester8 January 2018
work Monday till Friday
selling anything from hoovers to washer my job was to sell the insurance by finding the need,

I have learned a lot of different thing working at AO. i am great at getting buy in from every one i talk to.

the hardest part of the job is the days not a lot of calls are coming in because we are inbound
Best choice I made
Inbound Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester27 November 2017
I joined AO after a tough interview process which really helped me find my self as a person and grow in confidence.
Once I'd started the training was excellent it helped me gain important skills as well as find out more about my self especially what type of person I am.
Then came the first week on the phone and because of the training and warm welcoming I had from the staff and managers I automatically felt apart of the family and i found my feet instantly.
Having now been here for a week I genuinely feel this job is perfect for me as a person and the company is the best to work for.
Would say if your thinking of joining AO.com do not hesitate as once you join the family your only going to grow, achieve and perform in ways you never thought you could before.
nice workplace and good teem
Warehouse Operative/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire23 November 2017
nice and tidy counteen long breaks with a free coffe and toasts lot of place to relax one problem is a long distance to toilets becouse it is just one for alll werhouse
Packer and picker (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire1 November 2017
Great place to work and good management . Coworkers nice and willing to help with the training but sometimes is too much heavy lifting , if you respect health and safety you won’t get back problems probably
operator of refrigerator compressors
Recycle Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford25 October 2017
it was an experience for me to work on .... and I did not like it because you did not have the equipment and tools to work and it was easy for you to work.
The break was only 15 minutes for a cigarette and you could not eat a caffe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ao.com. Our community is ready to answer.

ao.com Reviews by Location