AO-Drivers

AO-Drivers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews
Alright
I work for AO and I like working for them, don't get me wrong some days are challenging but it's good. Nothing is too hard, but sometimes traffic is a pain! As long as you like driving, then it's a no brainer. I didnt know anything when i started but training that was given to me was great, takes about a week to get trained tho.
I live in Newcastel-under-lyme and it is difficult for me to get to Crewe Warehouse on time, it is a good and easy job but unfortunately I had to give it up. thanks!
Dundee Driver
i went for a full career change for this role, and it is something i havent looked back on. i enjoy the fast paced, hard working role. i get to meet and talk to lots of customers every day as well as see the joy on most of there faces when they see their new appliances. i would recommend this job to people who enjoy being out and about and who want to have the opportunity to work hard learn and earn decent money.
Great company to work for
I have been employed by AO-Drivers for about 3 years now and I really enjoy working here. The company provide great training which is all paid and are very supportive.

There are great benefits which include free drinks and snacks on shift, flexible working hours as you choose your own availability and supportive managers/supervisors.
Rather sh** in my hands and clap
AVOID

It’s also Expert Logistics NOT - AO

Well where do I start?

I’m only giving this 1 star because I can’t give minus stars...

Training is supposed to last for 4 days when you start, £50 per day, the hours you’ll do will probably be around 10/11 hours in those days so they make more money when paying out less.

Have to pay for tools due to being self employed which is fine and a sack barrow you have to buy from them for £160 in your crew.

You receive a message the day prior to working to say if you’re in work or not which is frustrating as you can’t really have a social life around the job.

It’s really good at the start, get lots of work to sweeten you up and then you struggle to get shifts.

I went from getting £460ish for 5 days to only working 1/2 days a week due to ‘not much work’ when they’re constantly getting drivers in. Maybe if they stopped looking for more subcontractors then people would actually get work.

They literally employ anyone if you can drive, as beggars can’t be choosers I suppose!

You’re given a route for the day, how long it should take you and a half hour break to add on.

Sometimes you’ll go over the time allocated for the route, because of the lorry being late, leaving the depot late due to the fault of AO, you’ll have to carry an American fridge freezer weighing 120+kg up 4 flights of stairs, washing machines up 6/8 flights of stairs, you’ll have 5/10 mins to complete a job that actually ends up taking 20/30 or even 40 minutes sometimes when an installation is required.

You’ll invoice extra hours at the end
 - more...
Pros
Self employed if that’s even a pro with these idiots
Cons
Too many to list here
Shocking
Please stay away from this shockingly bad company. They only pay you for their proposed run times and if you work over and beyond they don't pay you. Typically have 9.5 hour runs to 11 hours but most days you will be out for 12-13 hours. They don't allow enough time to complete the jobs assigned and then rush you to get to the next job. This job will cause you major stress both at work and at home as late finishes will be the norm everyday. Everything about the company is so bad, they charge you for everything they can so their pockets are lined even more and the driverline staff and management are not worth the money they get paid. If you damage anything they charge you, if you take stuff back because of the times allocated they will charge you. PLEASE DON'T TAKE ANY POSITIONS WITH THIS COMPANY THEY HAVE A BIG TURN AROUND OF DRIVERS BECAUSE THEY DON'T RESPECT THE DRIVERS AND THEIR NEEDS
Pathetic
Lets put it like this, went there for an interview or so called induction . Guy called regional manager was so rude and has attitude problem. He was thinking we just got there for fun.wasted my 2-3 hours over there. Even this guy who was there for an interview kick off with him because of managers behaviour. Imagine staff now.
Pathetic. Told me to come in next but i was like naaaa.... thanks
Horrendous
Late paying you, you chase them up for payment leaving you in debt, they charge for damage even though you check the vehicle over before and on return, they give you a time jobs should be done by, they don't pay if it takes longer, AVOID
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AO-Drivers?
Stay away
Well where do I start, as for the free bottled water that's gone the driver chocolate is for the office and night staff,
Your expected to deliver and install a washing machine in 10mins and that includes getting to the next job which could be 20 miles away and when you put additions in it dont get paid,you have to pay for damages for van and property, even if it's not your fault they wont even hear your side of the story ( ao philosophy is charge the driver and believe the customer)

As for routing they cant route there way back home!!!

The call centre do not want to help as they dont want to lose there bonus, if you challenge anything with the office staff you wont get get work for the week they have a name and shame board (leader board)
Pros
Self employed nothing else
Cons
To long to list
Horrible, Horrible, Horrible
The worst 7.5 t driving job I have ever had. Unrealistic targets, expect to work 14 hours and only being paid for 11 hours.
Stressed over being billed/charged for damages, mostly from dodgey customers looking for a quick buck.

You will be sub-contracting to AO.com through Expert Logistics. AO do not have any delivery drivers on the books.

I actually left this job and signed on the Dole, it's that bad.
Rubbish company do not work here
Stay away at all costs from AO!! They are a bunch of liars and a joke...your hours are ridiculous and they expect you to pay for any damage on the van even if you know you did nothing they make it up and take it from your wages you earn absolute peanuts and work your backside off! Worst company!
Doesn’t add up
If you want to work TIL your injured then sign up. Lol
Secondly if you are drivers mate ,your driver pays your wages. Hopefully he’s not a scumbag like the chap I was paired with. He was meant to be one of their most experienced drivers. I had to chase up my driver for a week because he tried to finesse my wages. That’s the last headache you need after 45+ four day week. Lol Management was not too bothered about my situation they could care less as your Self Emplyed.

I only managed to retrieve my wages due to my assertions with the driver face to face. 🥺

Find another company with more organised routes , wages and structure.
Pros
Paid whilst training /Free bottled water
Cons
Ridiculous hours/Menial pay
Don't bother
A shambles! A.O should be held responsible for allowing people to be used as scapegoats. Absolute abuse of power might as well be slave trade. I caught them on the phone asking my colleague to blame me for damaged items they knew were damaged before they accepted the customers order because it was really rusted where the damage was and rust doesn't just appear in a second. Problem with pay every week. Bonus scheme a joke. Hours 6am till 11pm some days and they tell you you won't get paid if you don't complete the run. And for the cherry on top they send you to A.O HQ Manchester WOW there employees get chill zones free Costa Coffee games rooms to help with stress. Well my stress levels weren't helped left feeling ashamed of the company. They need to take a look in the mirror if they can.
Pros
Free bottled A.O water
Cons
Fine you for everything even farting
If you leave an empty plastic bottle in van £10 fine
Hit Renault wing mirror or someone hits your £260

Damage found but not reported and not noticed by the van checker but you mark it down from £10 to £2000

Customer says you scratched a wall you never walked past you have to pay for there room to be redecorated or floor replaced etc

Basically you will always end up having a bill even if you didn’t do it, if the person you was with that days gets a claim and leaves you get it instead
Cons
Terrible management and drivers treated like dirt
I worked for this company AO (expert logistics)for 5 years. When i first joined i was to have my own crew but was put under a crew leader to do training. I tried for 5 years to get my own crew but was told work for crew leader or leave. I was 1 of the top 3 crews there in my 5 years. I was nearly run of the road and got sacked because of this. The larkhall depot manager is hardly there and does nothing for the drivers. she will run the place into the ground. Any customer can say you damaged there floir or kitchen and guilty or not you will be charged upto £3000.
Pros
Cons
everything
Bad place to work
Poorly paid job - says between £600-£700, thats a lie, more like £350-£400
Management are awful and rude

Poorly advertised

Take money away from you for work stuff such as phones or trolleys
Pros
Cons
A lot
Worst company ever
Warning don't work for this company, look else wear, they say £600 to £1000 a week, they lie you don't get half off that, work your nuts off for peanuts, management are really bad, every week they pay you short!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Very bad
Terrible
Worked out of the Bridgend depot job itself isn’t that bad money was good if u had full hours. Manager well she’s got to be the worst manager iv every come across! Hasn’t got a any people skills thinks she owns you and she’s something special won’t give you any support and will get rid of when she’s had enough of you and because ur self employed it’s easy done, there’s no loyalty there.
Pros
Free water
Avoid at all costs
Avoid this company at all costs - the advert says no financial burden whilst training - what they don't tell you is there is big financial burden once training is finished - charged for damages to the vehicle - even if its not your fault, charged for damages to customers property - even if its not your fault.

You are expected to work long hours and to a timed schedule - although how they expect you to travel 20 miles in 10 minutes and fit 2 washing machines is beyond me!!
Disgrace of a company
Worked in the Larkhall depot from Nov 2018 to Feb 2019, management are clueless and not interested in the welfare of crews.
I am glad I worked here for the short period of time I did as I now know I could never have as bad a job in my working life again.

AVOID IF YOU HAVE ANY SELF WORTH!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, liable for non existent claims against you
worst place ive ever worked
don't listen to a word they say its all lies I worked for them for about a month at luton the place is full of idiots you get paid peanuts avoid at all costs
Pros
Cons
everything