Anytime Fitness

Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

It was a good experience of working in a gym and getting a taste of what that work life style is like. Meet new people and social skills became better.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Active
Very hard to recommend to anyone thinking of working at Anytime Fitness based on my experience. It’s a very demanding job and atmosphere, with a lot of pressure - no matter what your role is; which is fine provided you are given adequate training and the tools to perform at the expected level. Training for new staff and further training for existing staff is very little to none at all. If you are not self-driven and motivated to learn yourself, and quickly, you will struggle. Very competitive in-house environment between employees, with little team club culture due to the overall and individual pressures of membership sales. Staff came and went frequently - Either due to low morale or the pressure of sales. Despite being with the company for circa 5 years, I was still treated with little respect (even more so In the early stages of COVID). Do your research on the club you’re considering before applying:- Does the club look well looked after?- Do current staff appear happy and stress free?- Gauge staff turnover rate if possible- How much training will you be given?
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Work/Life balance extremely unpredictable. Demanding. Hectic
I was working for the Greenwich brunch in London, the work itself was cool, because the members were amazing the staff as well and beside i could develop my selling skills by sell memberships, get people to try the gym with cold calls and intereact with them outside the gym and also running group classes due to my qualifications. However the bad side was the owner, he was every day inside the gym to check on you and micromanaging the staff, even when he was at home rather then spend good time with his family his thought was to check on us through the CCTV cameras and call you off, for really little things like signs boards out their place about few inches for example. The salary was ok, but if we compare with the ammount of stress and work the owner was giving to you well it wasn't enough in my opinion, also there was a continue come and go of staff because his bad management, and last but not least he competely didn't care about health and safety especially related to COVID-19 measurements his first thought was to get money and that's all.
Pros
Nice and fun place work especially for the group classes
Cons
Continue micro-managing
I have loved every minute of working at Anytime Fitness, the management has been excellent, the owner has been fantastic with me the full time. I couldn't ask for a better place to work.
poor company no progression clique environment low wages no respect for mental health badly managed don't expect too much lack of empathy micro managers
Pros
free workouts
Cons
low wages
As part of my sports college course I had to undergo the experience of working within an establishment correlating to my course so my time was spent with 30 hours to be completed within a week under supervision, the chosen establishment was a gym not far from the college, Any Time Fitness. In this time I had to understand The business, had to learn basic use of equipment within that establishment, housekeeping, marketing, customer engagement, and admin.
You can't generate enough Personal Training ,Not enough income , Working hours are not suitable for better health , management is OK, In interview you will feel most valuable Trainer but trust is bitter.
Cons
Not enough income, working hours are not suitable for self health
Time is divided between administrative tasks, health and safety, costumer satisfaction, and sales of products and services. Staff works on a rota basis and responsibilities are delegated equally
I have good experience servicing customer and barking orders then give to customer I can take orders from customers if is customer struggling then I tell customers what you like is it space are sweet are sweet
Pros
Any
Cons
Do know
I actually developed tendinitis from picking up the phone so much. Average cold calls a day were about 150. Not because the gym was popular and everyone wanted to talk to us, but because “Membership Consultant” really means “Cold Caller” Day to day I’d wander the streets of Exeter bothering everyone and anyone, from the old and infirm to the young and confused, harassing them about the latest deal and how fancy our gym was Those who reluctantly parted with their contact details were then subjected to the 10 calls a day I had to make to get them in for their free trial I spent no time in the gym floor except to clean items that hadn’t seen cleaning supplies in their entire existence Not a bad job if your idea of working in a gym is sitting around all day naming the pens
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No weekends off (Management get them off though)
I joined Anytime Fitness as a self employed Personal Trainer, my start date was delayed. Once I did start, I paid my £250 license fee to get uniform and marketing support, despite numerous requests to the so called "management" this did not happen. I left and asked for my £250 back, they couldn't transfer it to me citing technical reasons. I had to get my bank involved to get these funds back. Complete waste of my time, do not touch this company with a barge pole.
Best company I've had the privilege of General Managing for. Though I believe the salaries are slightly lower than my experience and education warrants the targets, standards and service levels are achievable and with good organised work the Clubs eventually run themselves.
The owner works 9-5, micro manage’s your backside while stroking his dog like he’s a Bond Villain. He has no clue what he’s doing so expect to do his work too. Customer complaints aren't a problem as the owner will simply cancel their direct debit, block their fob and fall out with them. Easy work. 110%
I have enjoyed it up to now taught me a different side to everything on the sales side enjoy working closely with the team and had some good times there
Great place to work excellent team good work benefits 24 hour gym but very flexible work hours, great management team good management team friendly, vibrant, clean environment
Really horrible place to work, all staff felt underwork or overworked but not appreciated. Treated like an employee when self-employed would never work for this company again.
The franchise sector is not a secure one to work for as often the owners have never worked or owned a gym before and they are the ones making the decisions. The staff turn around is high due to this. It’s also a very stressful environment to be in with constant micro management from the owners. Despite suggestions and making significant changes they are never happy and won’t make the changes that are required. An outdated system where the members are tied into contracts with expensive costs. ESP for facilities they are getting.
I enjoyed the balance of work and life, as my colleagues became my friends too. It was a fast-paced work environment, especially trying to hit targets. The management was supportive and helpful.
From the first month the place was a nightmare after getting rid of the GM for petty reasons. Since then the place has been 'ran' by unprofessional individuals who did not have adequate experience, who were rude, took personal attacks on people and bullied and gossiped about staff, members and contractors. This was the worst place I've ever worked, I'm surprised the place is still open.
Good company to start out as a personal trainer, the sliding rent system gives you plenty of times to build clientele. The location of the gym in Exeter is ideally based around the office area of southernhay so potential for leads is extremely high
The club is falling apart and not cared for. They will preach about how you got to create a great enviroment in club BUT will not give any budget to get this done! Not only that but they will then complain you're not out selling enough. No respect from management. Poor work life balance. Any excuse to not give you a bonus is taken. High turnover of staff