Anthropologie Employee Reviews

Nasty culture and poor pay
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 July 2018
Each day at work is the same, don't be duped into thinking that just because your "role" changes every hour that the job is interesting or fun. For example, one hour you may have to stand still by the front entrance smiling at entering customers while being reminded to watch out for thieves. The next hour you could be returning clothes from the changing room to the shop floor. This is as interesting as it gets, quite frankly. The main problem for me was the management, who were mostly very unfriendly and liked to talk about others in a derogatory manner on their lunch break. The pay is ridiculous at £7.80 an hour in central London. Many of the other retailers on the high street pay their employees the London living wage. The Urban Outfitters Group should be ashamed of themselves. Avoid for the awful pay alone, but if you need other reasons then there are many.
Pros
40% staff discount
Cons
Everything else
Fun to work but very little money
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guildford27 June 2018
Typical day:
-Serving customers, attending to customer needs, maintaining the shop floor, angering the phone, dealing with sales.
-I learnt a lot about visual merchandising and how a retail shop is run.
-Management are good, and the shop runs smoothly and we always beat our targets.
-Hardest part is being on your feet all day, working hard for little money and appreciation.
-Most enjoyable part of the job is people that work there. I have made some great friends.

Its a great atmosphere and amazing people to work with but the company benefits such as discounts are good for their employees. The pay is average and we do not get time and a half pay on bank holidays.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Average pay
Friendly and mission-driven
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey5 June 2018
Hugely enjoyed my time working at Anthropologie Guildford. I was made to feel part of the team straight away and with this came added responsibilities which I was happy to oblige.
Fun but unorganised
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenhithe6 February 2018
Overall a good place to work at. The atmosphere is nice and the people friendly. There's a slight disorganisation problem but nothing serious, as with a lot of Retail.
Great creative outlet
Senior Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  London Kings road2 January 2017
Creativity is nurtured and welcomed. This company is individual from any other. Talent is produced, developed and rewarded. Your voice can be heard.
Pros
Growth in company
Cons
Can be long hours
Choose your store wisely
Apparel Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC10 March 2015
If you're in this for the long-haul, make sure you speak to people in your district about upper management. I was lucky that my store was run by brilliant, patient people, but other stores in my district did not have the same experience. District managers were hard to get a hold of and difficult to communicate with. The culture is brilliant, and the women I worked with were the best of the best, but I would not return solely because upper management does not value its employees the same way lower management does. Each person I know that has left has said the same thing: we're burned out. Without a dependable support system, working as a manager or supervisor at Anthropologie will take a lot out of you.
Beautiful, Creative Environment with Intelligent Coworkers
Senior Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 September 2013
The products are beautiful, and my fellow sales associates were well- read and thoughtful. I loved the displays and the high level of customer service. Management was encouraging and cared about the employees.
Hard, valuable work with a great team
Mid-Level Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom11 August 2012
Long hours as a manager, however there is great support from the management team. Typical day at work varies day-to-day, which is a pro if you are easy adaptable and enjoy different challenges daily/weekly.