Anthony Nolan

Anthony Nolan Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
Really fun to volunteer with, constant challenges but lots of support to develop and grow professionally, all while giving time and energy to a great cause.
I worked part time for 6 months, I would've continued but wit's my studies alongside, it was difficult. The peopl are nice, and it's quite social; there are also activities during lunch like yoga and other clubs. There was a kitchen on the same floor as well as a larger kitchen downstairs in the break room. There's also a prayer place.
I've been at Anthony Nolan working full time for over a year.
It's a great place to work. Everyone working towards the same goal of saving lives!

Plus it's a dog friendly office, which is always fun :)
As I was volunteering here once a week, the work given was very relaxed and was done within a team. Packaging spit kits was the routine every week and had to package over hundreds while handling with confidential details. The tasks were done quickly as they were achieved as a team and everyone around was so friendly and helpful.
Amazing company helping to save other people's eyes.They alyways have their priorities correct and everyone who is empyed does their job with passion.
worked with my peers
Did not impact on my studies

good management

Good, relaxed culture with fun opportunities

As always there were some difficult individuals
Pros
working with people
Cons
I enjoyed my time at Anthony Nolan. I was given a great deal of support in growing and restructuring the marketing department. There was an open and integrated atmosphere across the charity and a strong work and social culture.
As a volunteer, I enjoyed volunteering for them, even if it was only general admin. The cause the organisation works for is wonderful, and helps many people. They're all wonderful people, very enthusiastic and friendly.
this was a challenging and questionable role. disorganisation of management lead to travel issues and the hours were not clearly stated in the vacancies advertised. the door to door script was questionable and patronising.
Pros
wide range of staff from different backgrounds
Cons
disorganised and unclear hours
It's a routine lab, expect the work to become a routine after a short while.
Loads of new things to learn and there is a good culture to push the limits of science.

Management and co-workers are alright, at least most of them.

The hard part of the work is to manage the work with the ones that are not so alright.

The most enjoyable of it all is to feel that someone's life can be saved with the work that I do, that is a great feeling.
Pros
Great concept, we save lifes everyday of the week.
Cons
The inexistence of a strong unifying voice of command.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Anthony Nolan?
Working for Anthony Nolan has been a great experience. To be part of a team that helps to save people's lives has been an achievement in itself.
To be trained in Phlebotomy has been an asset, as I can use this experience for future jobs.

Loved working with the management of Anthony Nolan and have a great team of people.

The hardest part of the job was the long shifts, but this was soon forgot about once I had collected some great cord blood donation. Which could oneday be used to save some ones live.
Pros
Lovely team to work with
Cons
Long shifts
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthony Nolan. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4