Anthony Collins Solicitors

Anthony Collins Solicitors Employee Reviews

Challenging but fun workplace
This firm has a good workplace culture but there are limited opportunities to progress and the salary does not reflect the amount of work involved. As a legal assistant I was expected to carry out work that I believed to be more suitable for a qualified solicitor. Furthermore, the management in the team I was in did not seem to take any actions to actually manage the team.

However, the staff are friendly and it is a welcoming environment. It is definitely the staff that make the firm what it is.
Great culture, plenty of opportunities for progression and a good support network
It was a busy office and hard work but there was support and guidance when you needed it.

Most Partners and staff are kind and friendly, which is rare at a law firm, or any corporate operation, and something I have missed in later roles.

Sometimes it was frustrating waiting for decisions to be made by management but overall they had the best intentions.

Client care is paramount, sometimes to the detriment of staff.

Salary is not as competitive as other law firms in the area, but the culture is better in my opinion.

I don't agree with a comment here saying there was no progression - there is if you are willing to earn it.

I would work at this company again in the future.
Worst place to work
Worst place to work, line manager has a big ego and talks to you like filth and makes you look like a bad person.
Management is poor no one listens to employees, higher up management makes promises they can not keep.

Long hours and poor salary.

Some people who worked here for years need a reality check on how they speak to people.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Based on good values
Varied work with opportunity to take the lead. Management has been progressive in recent years.
Good employer for training opportunities

Lost it's family feel and ethos as it has grown larger and more commercial which is unfortunate but understandable.
Pros
Good benefits, training opportunities
Worst company ever to work for
Wort company I have ever worked for. The atmosphere is extremely boring and makes a person depressed. No banter or anything and the team are weird .

Line manager is scared of their employee and doesn't say anything to them. OVERALL WEIRD AND BORING. If you have no life and want a job, this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Boring, long hours, management
busy however no progression
overall good environment, plenty of work not enough staff. No chance of progression.

They value staff to an extent however opinions and views are not considered. They consider flexible working. There are opportunities to work over time however claim TOIL only not payment.

there are fun activities throughout the year. Everyone is treated differently and not equally. There are different rules and policies which is down to management training.

The work is itself is great. able to prioritise and help is there when needed. People are happy with what they do in terms of work.
Pros
office lunches and office breakfast every 2/3 months
Cons
No pay rise or progression
Very Supportive and great atmosphere
Typical working hours are from 9-5.15pm. Great training was given and gentle increase in work load. Management is very understanding and supportive. All staff is very welcoming and friendly there is a great culture and very supportive workforce. There is open dialogue between teams and the senior management is accessible.
Overall Experience
Working at the firm has allowed me to gain various skills. I have gained the confidence to be able to communicate well with different levels of people. My daily tasks gave me the ability to learn how to plan my work throughout the week and how to keep to my tight deadline schedule. Being part of a team, showed me the importance of team work and helping others. Being in charge of the legal aid statement each month required accuracy skills, entering data onto the financial system. Client confidentiality was extremely important so trust issue was a must, identifying the importance of respect and sensitivity for clients and their needs.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthony Collins Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6