Annicare Employee Review

Depends on what your after
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire29 May 2019
I have worked for Annicare for a couple of months now. If you are okay driving 45min to a 1hour for a shift this company is fine. They say at interview it should be now and again your sent that far away but it got to a point it was everyshift. The shifts get sent out to everyone so if you dont reply straight away there normally gone. Also they say you normally have shifts booked in for the whole month because really busy. Some days it was drivr 45 minutes or dont have a shift.

Also you think your on a good wage. But then you don't get holiday pay or milage back. So if your driving 45 minutes away the extra is being spent on fuel and car maintenance.
Pros
You can pick your shifts and hours

Other Annicare Employee Reviews

Poor service for employees and customers
HCA/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire27 February 2019
Having worked for Annicare from October of last year, I strongly recommend not to take up employment with them and alike use this company for shift cover for your business.

On an employment, from day one I started I have had issues.

They didn’t contact me for a number of weeks for work and it was be who chased them up for work.

I had not completed any training with these guys except a 3 hour Manuel handling (in house) training. All my mandatory training had in fact expired after 2015 yet I was working in different aspects of care without even being offered any training.

All staff members are paid different rates of pay, which under the Equality Act, I find, to be illegal. Some workers had been paid more than experienced staff.

You have no support from managers. No supervision after probation period (if there is one) and it seems they literally shove anyone and everyone here, there and everywhere to meet profits/targets.

Expect unplanned deductions from your wage packet every week.

£9.00 an hour is a fob off. You get paid £9.00 an hour but that includes your holiday pay which never gets expressed to you before or during employment.

As a customer, I’d highly recommend you stay away from the agency firm.

Staff files are fabricated with lies. For example, my personal staff file entailed all training I completed before 2015 yet stated it had been completed within the last 12 months.

Some staff worked as Team leaders without holding a Level 3, 2 or medication training.

Majority of the staff are employed without experience, shadowing or introduction.
  more... Making them incompetent l and unreliable to the job.

Overall Anni’care’ only seems to care about making profit and does not take precautions when employing its staff, but only to fill the spaces to obtain more hours of commission.

I could go on and into debt but here is a bit of insight for both employees and customers.
Pros
Work when you want.
Cons
Poor salary, no benefits, no training, no supervision, no communication
Best Agency I've used
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire24 July 2018
Due to my family and personal situation I can only commit to agency care work. Having registered with several agencies to maximise my chances Annicare has been by far the best.

Work always available, and a great training scheme. Does everything I would want an agency to do.

There are a few small fees for the training, but they are well worth it.

It does help a lot being able to drive, and worry how work would be effected if I lost my car though.
Pros
Good amount of work. Very Friendly and helpfull staff. Decent money.
Cons
Need to Drive (mostly).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Annicare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2