Annicare

Annicare Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Healthcare Assistant5 reviews
United Kingdom5 reviews
Really enjoyed my time working at this company, shifts were always available and sometimes the home would actually ask for you which was great! Uniform provided, time sheets provided, pay was on time each month, management were really lovely as is the whole office, you can always pop in to see them for a chat and support. Great company!
Not the worst job, but definitely not the best. Quite flexible in that you choose when you work, however there is little space for shorter shifts or evening work. Most of the shifts are 12-15 hours so sometimes difficult and draining. Previously had problems with Annicare cancelling my shifts, sometimes an hour before my start time, leaving me with less money than I needed. Little training provided.
I have worked for Annicare for a couple of months now. If you are okay driving 45min to a 1hour for a shift this company is fine. They say at interview it should be now and again your sent that far away but it got to a point it was everyshift. The shifts get sent out to everyone so if you dont reply straight away there normally gone. Also they say you normally have shifts booked in for the whole month because really busy. Some days it was drivr 45 minutes or dont have a shift.

Also you think your on a good wage. But then you don't get holiday pay or milage back. So if your driving 45 minutes away the extra is being spent on fuel and car maintenance.
Pros
You can pick your shifts and hours
Cons
I started with annicare earlier in the year with little experience in the sector (many years in early years and safeguarding) the training was extremely helpful and yes there is a charge but it benefited me, so well worth it! There is always someone at the end of the phone should you need them and when you go to the office you feel welcome! I've traveled further than I intended but as I enjoy going there I don't find it an issue, the pay makes up for it. I have progressed in many ways in the 4months I have worked there and have experienced many different aspects of care, if you don't like somewhere they won't make you go back! I absolutely love my job with annicare and couldn't imagine working anywhere else!
They don't have enough work Shifts and sent on group text to everyone. If you can't respond you don't get any shifts. They advertise for staff but there's not enough work for the people there. I thought I'd done something wrong and asked them they said it's just quiet now but it's been for motnhs and met someone else who works for them and they said they were leaving because they nevery had any work. They don't pay holiday, they say its paid alresdy but it doesnt say on the wage slip and I didn't know. I had to cancel my holiday.
Pros
Arent any pros
Cons
No work
Comment – 20 June 2018
I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience. Please contact us today to discuss in detail. We are always striving to improve and welcome any feedback to help us do this.