Anglo American

Anglo American Management reviews

Found 4 reviews matching the search See all 1,060 reviews
terrible place to work
Engineering Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Bideford17 March 2016
hated every single second of it, great people to work with but high up management (pete williams) is a horrible up tight ******** that deserves to be sacked for how he treated some of the lower work force
Pros
i dont work there anymore
Cons
i had to speak to pete williams most days
Challenging, productive and fun workplace
Process Metallurgy Graduate (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, NW25 November 2015
A typical day at work is not possible to describe since the environment I work in is constantly changing hence, proposing new opportunities to improve and optimise the plant or process. However, I do have routine tasks to perform everyday consisting of trends meetings to review plant stability, and updating various spreadsheets accordingly.

I have learned how to adapt to the working world and the various challenges it proposes. This has boosted my confidence and advanced my maturity. I have also learned many technical skills in dealing with the various facets of the plant and have incorporated my theoretical knowledge in order to gain a better understanding of everything.

In terms of management, upon arriving at the plant I was immediately given a department to manage namely, evaluation.This department required sufficient attention everyday with a monthly presentation detailing the performance achieved. It required good management, communication and people skills and consisted of 4 shifts each with 4 employees. Overall, I was complimented for the way I managed the department.

I got along with my co-workers and did not experience any conflict whatsoever. We managed to work together as a productive and motivated team always striving to do our best.

The hardest part of the job firstly was adapting it to the environment which consisted of mostly male employees and being accepted in a male dominant environment. The second challenge is living alone very far from my immediate family members.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is not routine and monotonous
  more... work every day. Each day proposes new challenges.  less
Pros
No defined lunch hour, accommodation allowance
Cons
Start at 6:30 am
An exciting friendly workplace
Expatriate PAyroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  London27 February 2013
People are great to work with. Management are excellent always looking out for the staff. Providing them with a safe and enjoyable environment to work within.