Anglo American

Anglo American Employee Reviews

The company headquarter's is wonderful plus the configuration is very modern. Anglo American has great team culture. Management is always available to provide insights and knowledge.
Pros
Location is excellent, Comfortable ergonomics
Cons
No where to park an automobile
Cultura e ambiente bom. Flexibilidade de horarios.
Pros
Pequeno almoco e almoco gratis.
Cons
Ma gestao
Anglo America was such a nice place to work in, very lovely people and the work place was very well kept. It was a pleasure to work there so many years ago.
I enjoyed having an open plan office which allowed me to interact with my team. We had different pockets of expertise and I enjoyed my area of work although it was challenging. A focused mindset and a good work ethic is part of the role.
Pros
We had a canteen on site
Cons
Not enough opportunity to grow
It was a fun place to work the only reson for the 3 stars is because they do not employee people directly which means you do not have job security. Thank you.
Pros
Free Lunches
the most enjoyable part of the job was the energy of the colleagues and the friendly environment. a typical day at anglo would be a free breakfast (toast) and the work load is huge.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great management, sociable company, processes are streamlined and organized and good controls. Good company to learn a diversity of things for a large public company.
Pros
Free lunch buffets, social events
Cons
no benefits as contractor
hated every single second of it, great people to work with but high up management (pete williams) is a horrible up tight ******** that deserves to be sacked for how he treated some of the lower work force
Pros
i dont work there anymore
Cons
i had to speak to pete williams most days
Helping my supervisor with the tasks at hand Verious maching tasks and basic technical assembly Managment was the same My co workers were good to work with My hardest job was cleaning out the machines after each day The friendly working envioment
Pros
Great team leader
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Anglo American?
A great place to work, good atmosphere, flexible working hours. love helping others and improving business processes.
Pros
Free Lunches and flexible working hours
A typical day at work is not possible to describe since the environment I work in is constantly changing hence, proposing new opportunities to improve and optimise the plant or process. However, I do have routine tasks to perform everyday consisting of trends meetings to review plant stability, and updating various spreadsheets accordingly. I have learned how to adapt to the working world and the various challenges it proposes. This has boosted my confidence and advanced my maturity. I have also learned many technical skills in dealing with the various facets of the plant and have incorporated my theoretical knowledge in order to gain a better understanding of everything. In terms of management, upon arriving at the plant I was immediately given a department to manage namely, evaluation.This department required sufficient attention everyday with a monthly presentation detailing the performance achieved. It required good management, communication and people skills and consisted of 4 shifts each with 4 employees. Overall, I was complimented for the way I managed the department. I got along with my co-workers and did not experience any conflict whatsoever. We managed to work together as a productive and motivated team always striving to do our best. The hardest part of the job firstly was adapting it to the environment which consisted of mostly male employees and being accepted in a male dominant environment. The second challenge is living alone very far from my immediate family members. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is not routine and monotonous - more...
Pros
No defined lunch hour, accommodation allowance
Cons
Start at 6:30 am
my typicaj day cosisted of the weighing of trucks when they were empty and then again when loaded. i also had to liaise with drivers and site managers to make sure trucks were on time to site and the correct materials were on board, i didnt see many managers as they worked in a different part of the country and spoke on the phone to them. co workers worked for another company as it was a joint venture. worked together ok. the hardest part of the job was making sure everything run on time but sometimes the plant would break down.
Pros
salary
Cons
normal day at work learned about quality control very nice people an i injoyed all of the job
Pros
pack lunch
Cons
ok hours
People are great to work with. Management are excellent always looking out for the staff. Providing them with a safe and enjoyable environment to work within.