Play YouTube video button
Anglian Water Services Ltd

Anglian Water Services Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom125 reviews
See pros and cons. There are lots of good people working here that have been employees for many many years so parts of the business have a family feel. Senior management don't always listen or have your back. A bit of back stabbing going on in places. A big divide between those in head office and out at the sites.
Pros
Benefits, training
Cons
Senior management not listening, culture can be quite hierarchical, bit old fashioned in how employees are treated
Poor management and work culture. A monopoly company, low skilled work that is not recognized and accepted as such by the egomaniac managers who themselves are unskilled by definition of their own limited employment experience. An insult to all bill payers.
Pros
None. Zero.
Cons
Poorly managed. Rotten from the top down.
Super organisation with plenty of avenues for getting on and finding the right job. Money was very good and the pension is one of the best. Highly recommend
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
For all of Anglian Waters press and false awards they are not what they seem. Wages are lowest I have seen (below cost of living) very little chance at advancement. Bust your butt working on projects then get no reward or chance at a job in that same project, good for a CV and thats about it. They hire managers for pointless roles and then wonder why they cant pay their staff more.
Before I left they implemented a new structure, role I was in was classed as one where you would be stuck their, with no option to be classed as otherwise.
Excellent company, very relaxed but professional approach to the job. Managers look after the people very well and encourage them to do better on a weekly basis
I left Grafham water a year ago. I can say with confidence that the job I did and what they advertise are completely different.
Firstly you are contracted for over 19000 hours a year, so what you work differs month too month as the manager gives you a new rota every month like your some kind of child working in a cafe!

fire
Pros
You work outside in the countryside
Cons
There is back stabbing and bullying
Many different and varied roles, opportunities for progression and development, the management and all colleagues are all friendly, helpful and a great culture to work in.
Anglian water are a great company to work for, they are understanding, supportive, and very professional. Whilst the areas of work vary from team to team the general vibe is great
Im very happy working at anglian water as a lgv driver, the pay could be better. But on the whole its a great place to work, not a job for everyone due to what we are transporting. But we are pretty well looked after and theres lots of perks and bonus schemes available which are easy to achieve as long as your not a snowflake
Pros
Minimum feeling of pressure
Cons
Wages off par
Great people, love the job, but organisation could be improved. Hours are unsociable and long (minimum 12 hr shifts) but it's a very stable job in today's climate and the earning potential is there if you want it. Various bonus and incentive schemes and lots of benefits like private healthcare, pension, and discounts etc.
The job can be dirty & smelly and it's not for everyone but water recycling is an important part of our modern life.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Anglian Water Services Ltd?
Typical day at the office was to check emails from customers and prioritise.
Management team are good, they are there to help you progress your career.

The office is open plan so you can chat to anyone. Very friendly atmosphere.

Hardest part of my job was to try and make the customer happy.

The most enjoyable part of my job was customer satisfaction.

I learned how to speak to a customer through tough times and managed to get through everyday when it was a bad day.
Takes the health, wellbeing and safety of their staff seriously and promotes a good work / life balance. The management at Anglian Water empower its workforce.
A very good place to work.
the pay is good and holiday pay is awarded, this too is very good.

benefits such as perks at work are also available with anglian water.
Fantastic company to work for who are very focussed on achieving their ambitions. They have a genuine care for their customer balanced with caring for their staff.
Bullyed in to extra shifts that I did not want especially at weekends bankholiday, s Christmas day new year's day extra, the shift rota is apaling you cannot get holidays when you want because of on call days
If you want to be a number and not a person then work here. The managers only care about targets and not you as a person. Very stressful place to work.
If I was asked to go back tomorrow I would without a doubt. They pay to get you trained to carry out your work safely, plus you'll get all the PPE you need to carry out all tasks safely. Wish I was still there.
Positiva. Se trata de una empresa que trabaja con alizanzas compuestas por varios contratistas británicos e ingenierías británicos lo que le da un caracter multidisciplinar.
This is in regards to a job working in the call centre with the typical office culture, a bit clicky and you can advance if your face fits and get on with the right connections. The people you work with in a team, depending on the team of course, are general good and it can be a laugh at times. This along with the salary and benefits including private healthcare and pension, are the biggest pros. Elsewhere it is a bit hit and miss, systems are embarrassingly slow and internal communication and processes are frustrating to the point of being laughable, lessons are never learned from one incident to the next. It all somehow manages to still lurch along though, don't ask me how. So get in, make the most of the pay and benefits and progress if you can, but always keep the door open looking for new opportunities elsewhere.
Out and about in the countryside with fresh air. good colleagues to work with. Plenty of benefits with pention and private health care. hours are really good.
thoroughly enjoyed my time with Anglian water, although top heavy and to much focus on graduates, I was fortunate enough to rise to central programme manager in a position I completely felt at home with.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anglian Water Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.