Play YouTube video button

Anglian Water Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Terrible
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire5 March 2019
Salary can be good but in certain areas of the company your pay can be unbelievablely low compared to other employees doing the same job, people coming in with no experience being on £2,000 more when you have been working for over two years.
Management is definitely not great, tend to see females are given more opportunities than men. Hopefully this will change but I can’t see anything happening soon.
Looked to leave as soon as possible due to being treated unfairly.
Cons
Long hours, bad pay
Best place I’ve ever worked
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham17 December 2018
Being a customer service agent for Anglian Water was the best job I have ever had. Their aim is to make sure customers are always 100% satisfied and it’s very rewarding.
Staff are lovely and always helpful if you’re ever in need of help.
Team leaders/managers are friendly and will help you with any problems.
Pros
Free car parking, private healthcare
Cons
N/a
Challenging work enviroment but a good company to work for.
Fleet Administrator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire2 November 2018
A typical day at work involves responding to approx 60 plus e mail enquiries and constantly answering the telephone. Updating SAP data and excel spreadsheets. Using various inhouse and external web systems to update and record data. The hardest part of the job is the constant multi tasking and not the time to be able to fully complete one task before starting the next due to the volume of the work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we are trusted to manage our workloads without constant supervision. There are several Managers for the team and communication is not great and could be improved.
Pros
On site parking and canteen
Cons
Not enough trained team menbers
Mechanic
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire30 October 2018
Not a regular role I was an apprentice mechanic working on the van and car fleet. it was a good role and they looked after me well it just didn't work out.
Poor
Water Recycling Services Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Essex26 October 2018
Constant difficulties obtaining parts and cost cutting. Poor communication between departments,they make it very hard for you to reach goals and dont value and appreciate your hard work, its an every person for themselves operation,they dont like to progress your career and are only interested in figures and not quality to customers.

Advice to Management

They need to open their eyes to what is actually going on in the workplace environment and stop listening to what they want to hear, its far from the best company to work for which is a shame.
fast paced call centre environment
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire22 October 2018
A call centre is not for every one and it definitely was not for me. You will get a lot of angry customers and even though you are trying to help them they are still nasty. I could see that there was a possibility of advancement for the right individual.
Pros
Free parking on site
Cons
Annualised working hours
Wonderful Company
Operations Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Lincoln3 October 2018
Anglian Water offers a not only great opportunity to develop but a very friendly and fun work space. All training provided is detailed covering office basics to water knowledge, with support when out of training.
Pros
All training and equipment provided
Over managed and disorganised.
Waste Operative (Current Employee) –  Suffolk8 August 2018
A very overly managed company that epitomises a business with a captive customer market and low profit margins. Excessive training on pointless day courses and no work life balance, this company owns you and will let you know it. If you are a fool and unemployable anywhere else then Anglian Water is the place you should be!
Pros
Free boots
Cons
Anglian Water
Great place, good support
Manager (Former Employee) –  Field Based22 June 2018
Great environment, good people, good worklife balance, good support, good benefits. managers are approachable. career development has good opportunity.
Good place to work altogether
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool25 May 2018
Worked here for a while. You have to be fairly flexible with hours, but you work a standard 39 hour week like anywhere else, and they're pretty cool about swapping shifts with co-workers if you have an event. First 3 months are 9-5 Then you go onto annualised. However I was offered shift preferences and they have been pretty decent to me in regards childcare for my small child.
My after having issues on two separate days when I had to leave as he was sick my team leader did actually ask how we could make it work rather than just have a go at me.
Wage is decent. It's a hard job to learn as it's about a vast industry but once you get used to it it's fairly easy to do. Team Leaders are nice and they work well with the Unions. You also get lots of benefits- decent dental plans/pensions/healthcare etc
Would say breaks are pretty rubbish. Some days you can work 10 hours and only get 50 minutes down time which is tough if the call centre is busy.
However people are nice and if you do make a mistake nobody kicks off at you.
Pros
Environment, Culture, benefits, wage
Cons
Short breaks, booking holidays
Fun Workplace
Open Water Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Rutland4 May 2018
Great people to work with, they're comfortable to work with and are very approachable. The work itself is important and you have to remain professional but there is some down time to be had.
Pros
Good amount of work to be had.
Cons
Sometimes the days can be long
Interesting job
Meter Fitter (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk3 April 2018
Very good place to work from any age! I started young and picked a lot up within the 3 years of being there! From working on home supply into the house, to working on Mains was a big difference and more interesting
Pros
Vouchers giving to you at the end of year
Cons
7-5pm
Electrician - mechanic wastewater. Generally ok
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire15 January 2018
Anglian water are generally a good company although high level management tend to make decisions without consulting staff on the ground. The salary for an electrician is not good and many companys/industrys pay better for example single time overtime and your expected to work 24/7 standby including christmas day for no extra. Anglian water are strugling to recruit decent staff. Management refusing to increase salary typically only 25k! Unskilled operators on the same money straight into the job!
Pros
Great teams, great line manager. Good work/life balance
Cons
Poor salary by todays standards for skilled men.
Toxic Work Environment
Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham12 January 2018
The wage is fantastic but that traps unhappy staff there who would have to take a massive pay cut to leave. You are promised progression opportunities but this does not materialise. The targets are not achievable the experienced staff are not hitting these targets and the new staff are forced out before they finish probation for not hitting. They are always recruiting because of this.
Pros
Free food is common
Cons
Anualised hours you will work some very silly shifts
Absolutely recommend as an employer
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire10 January 2018
I've currently worked in the world of AW for the past 2 1/2 years. I can honestly say that it's the best company I have worked for for work/life balance.

People are friendly and the office environment is always striving to improve to assist in making it more comfortable for employees.

I do feel that if you want to progress, the opportunities are there but you really have to ensure you push for what you want. Yes, as all work places, I do feel that if your face fits it helps or "it's not what you know, its who you know" saying comes into play but, I know I would rather be promoted on my merits rather than because I may know somebody!

Anyway, I really would recommend AW as a great place to work. They have a superb LIFE programme to promote wellbeing and health and safety and really do take their employees thoughts, suggestions and concerns into consideration in order to support their team.

Regarding salary, it's a bit up and down but generally pay is good. It all depends on your location, role and experience.

I've never experienced any issues with booking holiday, taking time off for emergencies or compassionate leave. I've always found my colleagues to be extremely supportive.
Pros
Employee wellbeing, training, networking, potential progression
Cons
Salary (possibly), IT systems
Great company
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire8 January 2018
During my time at anglian water my manager wasnt the best and not at all supportive. The company itself looks after its employees and has a great salary and benefits package 10/10 would recommend
A great company.
Waterboard Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes6 January 2018
This is where i learnt all my work skills in the water industry. I got my qualifications and experience whilst working for Anglian Water. The management was good. The hardest part was learning the new skills.
Pros
Great team spirit.
Cons
The standbys.
good company
Complete driver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire27 December 2017
ok company to work for. i was there for around a year and enjoyed the job, it was just to many weekends for me.
would recommend.
Pros
pay
Cons
weekend work
Fantastic employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire17 December 2017
#1 Uk based company to work for on Glassdoor and #2 globally after Google
Great work life balance and training opportunities.
Diverse business units meaning lots of different opportunities for those wishing to seek a varied career.
Amazing energy in the work place
Assistant Accountant/grathic designer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire17 December 2017
It was fun, everyone there was nice and inviting. If I was stuck or needed help there was always someone there to assist me with any problems that may occur.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anglian Water Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.