Anglia Ruskin University

Anglia Ruskin University Employee Reviews

United Kingdom107 reviews
Positive experience
A great work environment for anyone who enjoys working in an active office. Collaborative and engaging, ARU International office was a great experience for me!
Reccommended place for work.
Flexible working hours, comfortable working enviroment, opportunities for personal development. Participating in meetings and seminars. Perform daily tasks relevant to my work.
Management just try to protect their own interests and out for themselves! Deceitful, Ignorant and Unhelpful. Couldnt Run a Bath !!
Absolute Bucket Shop. Totally unprofessional and do not look to enhance anyone's careers especially if You are likely to be a threat to existing employees or Management. Make out they are concerned about peoples Mental Health and Well Being when it is quite obvious that they Really Couldn't Care Less and only want to tick the boxes so that they are seen to be Politically Correct!! Only accept a job here if you are happy to be undermined and not have your work acknowledged or appreciated. Place is full of people who think they are More Important than they are and the Students don't have much Good to say about the place either!!!!
Avoid
Student life
Was a great place to learn in, with lots of staff and equipment. But there is alot of Pressure to meet the grades, while trying to juggle finances with a student life.
great
working at the university is great as there are lots of people with whom you met and get new exposure in your life, and there are lots of job opportunity inside uni campus you can work according to you
excellent pastoral facilities for young people
Worked as part of the pastoral care facility afforded to students, staff. I enjoyed my time there and have continued to keep in contact with my mentor there.
Good place to work at, management is supportive
I enjoy time spent working at ARU as a student ambassador. I enjoy supporting new students assisting them to adapt to the university life. I enjoy sign posting students to respective departments depending on their personal needs.
Great place to work as an intern
Great place to work as an intern.
Plenty of opportunities for further career development. very supportive environment for undergraduate researchers. Excellent facilities and lecturers that have vast knowledge on their respective subjects.
Good work experience
Good pay, very flexible hours, and I always go home feeling good because I helped freshers get over their anxiety about university. The people who apply tend to be genuinely nice and good to chat with, and the job is extremely rewarding.
Good learning environment
Studying for a bsc (hons) in mental health nursing, the learning environment is well equip and the tutors and lecturers and friendly, helpful and supportive
Each day is different!
At the start of my day I would open up our Outlook system & the til, then go through each new email within the inbox. Some included room bookings on campus, some would be enquiries for advice or some would need to be forwarded to the relevant member of staff.

Busiest days are? There aren't any specific days of the week, but certain months. October, January, February and March are the most busiest months in general. These are based on the large events the Students' Union hosts at these times of the year. October because of Freshers, January - March because of new student intake and the Student Executive elections, as well as planning for the Student Union Awards & Made a Difference Awards.
Pros
Earn while you study, national living wage
Cons
Only open to students at ARU. No advancement.
An interesting and fun place to work
I enjoyed my time working at the university. The work was varied and the campus was a great environment to work on. I would rate Anglia Ruskin as a good local employer who look after their staff.
Great place overall
Very friendly place to work. Most who work there have been there for over 10+. It can be family oriented organisation, as some have wives/husbands or siblings working there

Have a flexible working scheme which is very handy. Training sessions organised by HR are usually very good.

Depending on your manager, it can be very relaxed in terms of dress and no issues if you need to see for example a doctor during work hours.

Depending on role, overtime may be required, but you can use TOIL to get time back.
Pros
Everyone is friendly
Cons
Offices are not great.
Productive and fun work place
A very adaptable work place with great inclusivity. Meet great people.Trainings given which help to enhance communication skills.
Parole are willing to hear your opinion and this demonstrate good team work.

Overall, a very good place to work
Excellent working and Learning environment
Practising as a student nurse is both challenging and fun. The practice environment gives students the confidence of working in a hospital environment so that we we go out on practice, we will have an idea or two what kind of atmosphere we will be walking into.
Pros
Practice is always available
Cons
Great place to attend uni
I went to university here and during that time I was captain of the university boat club. I organised the novices in to crews. Structured and ran their training sessions as well as my own training and races during that year.
Diverse
Enables you to learn and interact within a diverse community. Relaxed atmosphere and a state of the art campus with a variety of local amenities and facilities within walking distance.
Could be great but such poor management
This could be such a great place to work but has terrible management and HR.

Day to day work is okay but the university is more worried about its image and what it's student think than its staff.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Good experience opportunity
It is a part time role in which you oversee the students for a three hour self-taught session. During this time, students may approach for help or advice which is good experience for keeping a graduate's memory refreshed. If unneeded, you are free to work as you wish and use the university's facilities to teach yourself skills that may not have been available for your course.
Pros
Good pay and experience
Cons
Only once a week
Not a bad place to work
It is a nice place to work but the management is not good at all. No job security is provided to the employees but overall a nice place to work with cooperative colleagues
Nice place to work
It's a very welcoming multicultural environment to work within. I have experienced how to face the high pressure during the busiest periods of the academic year and I have improved the ability to work independently, using my own initiative when needed, as well as collaboratively as part of a bigger team.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anglia Ruskin University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3