ANGLIA RUSKIN UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire13 February 2018
answering emails,entering data, good customer service skills, office Enviroment very good place to work,not being a permanent position, the staff and management.
Fun, informative but no co-ordination
Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge5 February 2018
Given plenty of training on how to approach potential students and their families and provided with the correct information needed to show these families around campus answering an questions. There was however very little coordination and man-management on the day with the staff as they were left to it themselves with no guidance as to where they were meant to me or for how long.
Pros
Plenty of training.
Cons
no communication after days event e.g. no debrief on how the day went.
Productive and Self-management
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire26 January 2018
As a student you have choice to work around your studies, so instead of the work being constant you have time as a university student to choose when you would like to work.
Student (Current Employee) –  Cambridgeshire24 January 2018
Absolutely love attending this university! I couldn’t of asked for a more friendly and chilled environment in order for me to study law - never had any issues within the university.
Simple work
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex22 January 2018
Simple tasks such as handing out keys and sorting through memberships required. I learned how to take care of a gym and hall, and answer customer queries.
Management had changed during my employment, and both worked differently. But they were great and supportive, and very friendly.
The culture was very laid-back, and not much was expected out of staff when covering the less-busy hours. As a result, sometimes you would have nothing to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other staff.
Pros
On campus
Cons
Very long hours, not many tasks to do
Best Place to Work a Student Job
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex29 December 2017
I love working at Anglia Ruskin University because they provide you with temporary jobs that work around your schooling schedule. They have a very helpful employment bureau that gives you alerts on available jobs.
Aru
Study Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire24 December 2017
yes i love aru, studied, worked and much more there

if i could write a haiku

ARU is aight
degrees and friendships for grabs
submit work on time.

life
Fun work
Lead trainee (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex4 December 2017
Work is good with lots of skills to learn like customer service skills, working under pressure. The management is well grommed to handle the team of culturally diverse people with nice workplace culture .
Decent
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire2 November 2017
Pretty decent place to work, good pay, learned some skills, generally 9-5 but working overtime happens quick often. Located in a beautiful area which is very enjoyable
travail intense
Assistante de recherche (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire2 October 2017
Un travail intense mais très formateur pour le coté linguistique et le travail de recherche
Full Time Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire18 September 2017
I do not work here, I am a full time MSc Student of Forensic Science. The course is excellent and the tutors are amazing. I would recommend this course to anyone.
Great place
Clearing staff (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire10 August 2017
I've worked here as a Clearing staff during summer and everyone is very friendly and helpful. it can get busy but the workload is always manageable which is very good
Pros
great team
Cons
late finishes
Friendly flexible place to work
Market Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex24 July 2017
Friendly team, nice environment, line manager is excellent approach able and supportive.

I am able to complete all aspects of the job and would like a role which is a bit more challenging.
I really enjoy mentoring and managing people.
This role I have been mentoring and sharing my knowledge and experience with others to help them develop
Pros
local
Enjoyable, flexible
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire22 July 2017
My experience there as a research assistant was enjoyable with flexible working hours, and the opportunity to be independant but also have effective communication with colleagues.
Provides various job opportunities
Senior Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford21 July 2017
• Providing exemplary customer service to prospective students on open days by giving lectures about my academic and social life within the university and providing campus tours.

• Welcoming students who have just received their A-level results and assisting them to get enrolled for the new academic year

• Utilising leadership skills to delegate tasks to my fellow student ambassadors to ensure all duties are completed to deadline.

• Afforded the responsibility of representing Anglia Ruskin University in an outreach role, attending different secondary and further education institutions to recruit new students.
Pros
excellent opportunities for students
Cons
n/a
Fun
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire13 July 2017
This job has been my most enjoyable and diverse. I have been in a variety of roles and easily adapted to them all. The people I have worked with have always been friendly and hard working
Student Representative
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire3 July 2017
I was incharge of small groups of upcoming students showing them around the university and answering any of the questions they had about the experience.
Pros
Working with lecturers
Productive workplace
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire15 March 2017
Fun and diverse environment. I love working as an ambassador and answering questions that visitors ask.I take visitors on tours around the university and help my tutors set up on open days.
good to work for
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford3 March 2017
A nice place to work with a good feeling and friendly but work is sometimes temporary. The work life balance is mostly good and ther is the chance of progress
Place of Knowledge and Fun
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough20 February 2017
Anglia Ruskin University is a place to learn and enjoy. My time in the University was full of excitement and thought provoking enabling to learn new things. It creates a challenging environment for us to develop..