ANGLIA RUSKIN UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

flexible work
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire15 September 2018
always seems to have work available, can fit around studies and work after leaving university.
paid weekly, flexible pay. variety of jobs, including full time post-graduate work.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
mixed pay rates
great place to study
Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire21 August 2018
Highly recommended for computer science degrees. A good work life balance is promoted. Resources are very good for study, the lecturers are pretty smart.
Good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire4 August 2018
a typical day at work: programming for few hours
what I learned: researching and programming
workplace and culture: very nice
hardest part of the job: researching subject at hand
the most enjoyable part of the job: programming
management: nice
Character Builder
Sports Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex17 June 2018
Working for Anglia Ruskin University, I have acquire some crucial skills that have help me in my everyday life in terms of hobbies, university work, and meeting people.

I have grown in confidence, I am seen more as a leader and my people skills has drastically changed. Being in an environment where people of all walks of life interact with you really gives you a scope of how small the world can seem.

As a basketball activator this role was a perfect opportunities for me to mix my hobby with work. I was able to encourage more people to participate in the sport and I was able to involved the community outside of the university. This incorporation made the job extremely enjoyable and kept me motivated .

However, management wasn't always the best on a number of occasion there were lacks in communication between management and me leading to drastic measures having to be taken. Negatively affecting the whole basketball community and also myself.

There is always a team feeling in Anglia Ruskin and this is made clear from day one. This makes it easier to perform tasks, communicate with team members and boost morale.
Fantastic fun environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cambridge18 May 2018
Anglia Ruskin is a brilliant University to work for. No two days are the same!
I love the fact that I get the chance to meet such a vast variety of people; from existing/prospectus students and parents to staff and members of the public.
The work is also extremely flexible and adaptable to your timetables/studies and any other employment you may undergo.
The staff work extremely hard here to ensure that events like Applicant and Open Days run smoothly.
Pros
Salary and chance to work with vast variety of people
Cons
Work is sometimes infrequent/unreliable
fun place
Business school intern (Current Employee) –  Cambridge24 April 2018
every day is a different experience and lot of activities to learn skills for life. staff is jovial and learned, appreciation to innovate ideas and hard work.
Pros
free pizza nights
lack of career advancement
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex17 April 2018
ARU is in general a good place to work, staff are given the opportunity to undertake lots of courses, including degrees and masters courses. However they don't offer promotions or utilize the skills they teach (just a box ticking exercise). The best way to get a job at ARU is to temp, temps are much more frequently given new jobs over current staff.
Pros
Pension
Cons
lack of promotion
Relaxed work environment
reassessment study buddy (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire28 March 2018
The role of reassessment study buddy was an independent role in which I decided how many students to take on and the hours i worked, meaning that it did not affect my own studies. There was lots of support given by the team who introduced the scheme.
productive and fun work place
Biomedical Science Society Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire27 February 2018
A very stimulating place to learn and a lot of skill were gained. Was reading up on lectures and travel. I don't have much to say about this university since I mainly went there to study.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Good company to work for
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire13 February 2018
answering emails,entering data, good customer service skills, office Enviroment very good place to work,not being a permanent position, the staff and management.
Good
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire6 February 2018
Good, friendly environment, excellent training opportunities. I would love to work for this company full-time. The pay is good, I enjoy working with the students and staff.
Cons
Fun, informative but no co-ordination
Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge5 February 2018
Given plenty of training on how to approach potential students and their families and provided with the correct information needed to show these families around campus answering an questions. There was however very little coordination and man-management on the day with the staff as they were left to it themselves with no guidance as to where they were meant to me or for how long.
Pros
Plenty of training.
Cons
no communication after days event e.g. no debrief on how the day went.
Productive and Self-management
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire26 January 2018
As a student you have choice to work around your studies, so instead of the work being constant you have time as a university student to choose when you would like to work.
Student (Current Employee) –  Cambridgeshire24 January 2018
Absolutely love attending this university! I couldn’t of asked for a more friendly and chilled environment in order for me to study law - never had any issues within the university.
Simple work
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex22 January 2018
Simple tasks such as handing out keys and sorting through memberships required. I learned how to take care of a gym and hall, and answer customer queries.
Management had changed during my employment, and both worked differently. But they were great and supportive, and very friendly.
The culture was very laid-back, and not much was expected out of staff when covering the less-busy hours. As a result, sometimes you would have nothing to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other staff.
Pros
On campus
Cons
Very long hours, not many tasks to do
Best Place to Work a Student Job
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex29 December 2017
I love working at Anglia Ruskin University because they provide you with temporary jobs that work around your schooling schedule. They have a very helpful employment bureau that gives you alerts on available jobs.
Aru
Study Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire24 December 2017
yes i love aru, studied, worked and much more there

if i could write a haiku

ARU is aight
degrees and friendships for grabs
submit work on time.

life
Fun work
Lead trainee (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex4 December 2017
Work is good with lots of skills to learn like customer service skills, working under pressure. The management is well grommed to handle the team of culturally diverse people with nice workplace culture .
Decent
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire2 November 2017
Pretty decent place to work, good pay, learned some skills, generally 9-5 but working overtime happens quick often. Located in a beautiful area which is very enjoyable
travail intense
Assistante de recherche (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire2 October 2017
Un travail intense mais très formateur pour le coté linguistique et le travail de recherche