Andrews Property Group

Andrews Property Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews
.was a great compnay, new c level management changed the whole culture and ran it off a spreadsheet rather than from advice from people on the ground. all the experience has gone from the company
I really enjoyed working here. However, due to personal circumstances I had to depart. However the management has been so supportive I am thankful. I enjoyed my time.
specially at the beginning
with the recent changes it all has gone a bit sideways and you are constantly left trying to find your feet but still a lot of good people remain
Andrews is a professional company that offers good career development and good quality training. All my colleagues are self motivated and want to offer good quality customer service to the general public. There is also opportunities to move from one branch to another branch and to transfer to other roles within the company. The work bank holidays but as an employee you will only be asked to do one and have the other off, so it is fair, everyone does the same amount. You use a software package called reapit which allows you to access properties for sale and rental so when answering calls and enquires you are able to access all information available in the company so customers are not expected to phone back or wait for calls back to update them.
Pissup and brewery .... No bloody clue and generally not very good at what they do ... Do not work for them .. They litterally have no idea as to what they or doing or how to manage sales people .
No longer a good company to work for. Staff are not valued and there is very little opportunity for career progression. Existing senior members of staff get paid poorly with new starters offered better pay even if they start as a trainee. High levels of staff turnover and redundancies leave offices understaffed and remaining employees only able to offer poor customer service with little help from upper management. They do offer good training and donate to charity but would not recommend working for Andrews.
All positive experiences with Andrews. Nothing bad to say, went through a huge restructuring last year but already seeing the benefits of this as a business.
Supportive and understanding managers who want you to succeed.
Working at Andrews provided me with the foundation knowledge of properties. As soon as you sit down on the desk, you jump right into a fast-paced day, however, the team collaboration and fun atmosphere make it worthwhile.
This company doesn’t offer a very good work life balance, long hours and low salaries. There’s a massive staff turn around which causes a stressful environment and recently there has been a redundancy period going on which has resulted in you believing that your job wasn’t secure.
Huge staff shortages across the entire company. Poor salary, with unreasonably high work loads. Great training package for new starters but they have no idea how to treat staff well & feel appreciated so low staff retention. Very old fashioned management styles, don’t move with the times. They do great work for charity fundraising etc but have little compassion for their staff. All profits go to senior management & directors only. Entry level staff are poorly rewarded for all their hard work & don’t even receive a free drink at Christmas for all their efforts .... not particularly impressive, as owned by a Christian charity!
Andrews Property Group are owned by two charitable trusts. Whilst working here, you can really make a difference to peoples lives.
Pros
Charitable heritage
I enjoy my role at Andrews Proeperty Group, I like dealing with customers and providing a good customer service. The training Andrews provide is also really excellent and they are keen to keep progressing staff.
a day is from 9-6, with Saturdays, but a lieu day in place if so.
A company that offers excellent progression and training in house and externally. A company that is charity based so has a strong focus on helping within the local community.
Pros
Excellent training available
Cons
I have worked for Andrews for 3 years and I loved every minute of it. I progressed from a basic negotiator to a senior negotiator and valued. The team has been great in the passed 3 years and together as team we achieved our branch target. Also with the help of other I achieved a personal award for being the top negotiator in the whole company for Q1 and the whole year. Great place to work
Pros
Great team
Cons
I worked at Andrews for 6 Months, i wouldn't wish this experience on anyone really and the training was so poor. The training had nothing to do with your everyday job role just bunch of legal stuff. My manager was managing 2 branches at the same time, never had a chance to actually manage me i had to to learn everything on the job with help from seniors who hardly know what they were doing. imagine only seeing your manager once every month? yeah it was really bad.

The area manager was useless i mean so useless. They all want you to start working at 8:30-6:30 but is paying you from 9-6pm. No appreciate at all and no work life balance.

The commission structure is embarrassing not to mention the basic . I mean seniors are on 20K so please imagine what they offered me!

Please stay away.
Pros
I worked with lovely people hate that they don't see their worth.
Cons
Everything is bad
Good training, team building events and frequent staff meetings
Working 10 hour days with 30 minuet lunch breaks and working Saturdays make the work life balance unbearable. Management have become unfair and too much is expected. You can never do anything right. Not worth the stress.

The company they once were gave me great opportunities and I’m thankful for that. I love the people I’ve met and what andrews stand for.
Pros
Met some brilliant people and gained experience
Cons
Long working hours.
Typical day at work pretty predictable mostly - quite a tough market at the moment so competition is tight. The job just wasn't for me, sales in general isn't for me.
Pros
great team
Cons
long hours, no work / life balance
The company decided to do some cost cutting and changed the area management structure,giving all the AM's bigger areas to cover, this resulted in the managers being very 'thinly spread'.
To add insult to injury they then closed the branch I was working in, assuming I would relocate to the next largest town.

The opening hours are too long - especially the sales department.
Cons
Long hours, micro-management.
A company who drives there staff hard but also rewards well if you show a willingness to work within the very strict brand.

It offers a great footstep in to a career of Estate Agency, they are very diligent and the legal aspect of the business is never overlooked and they strive to ensure they are leaders in legislation and standards
Pros
Great Area Manager
Cons
Very Long Hours, and very high expectations