Andrew Page Employee Reviews

Fun Working Enviroment
ICT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 May 2018
Great management Great team to work with. Shift hours
Was able to come in and have fun as long as the work was completed before the end of the working day
Casual work, very enjoyable
Casual delivery van driver (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire22 February 2018
I was a casual driver, so some weeks I had no hours and some I had plenty. Everyone else seemed to hate working there and all wanted to leave, but I think it's like that no matter where you work. I only worked there for a couple of months as I got an apprenticeship elsewhere, but I would work there again if I had the need/chance.
Pros
Not tied down indoors, flexible working
Cons
General attitude of long standing staff (although most have left now), zero hour contract
Van Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire20 February 2018
Enjoyed working here,nice people. I started as a casual driver & then was offered full time. I learnt a lot about car parts & enjoyed getting out & meeting customers. From management to warehouse despatch we worked well as a team.
Miserable working conditions
Temporary Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield6 February 2018
Some supervisors treat you like idiots.
One supervisor had over 20 complaints against him i for his attitude to staff.
Training is pathetic resulting in mistakes that happen time after time.
Pros
You don't have to think to much
Cons
The list goes on
Stuck in a rut.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull29 January 2018
I started here with the intention of it been a stop gap. 11 years later I was stuck in a rut & finally put out of my misery. If you desperately need a job then this is for you. If you are retired but want some work then this is for you. If you are happy to coast thru life getting absolutely nowhere with no expectations then this is definitely for you. Its a job, you are a number, you earn minimum wage (overtime at the same rate???) regardless of your position unless your management. The only people that get to management here are those that wouldn't survive in any other employment so stay here, stuck in a rut. In 11 years everybody I saw with any promise and intellect quickly left.
The big Distribution Centre is the heartbeat of the whole business, problem is it's been on the verge of heart attack since day one. Nobody seems to realise that sorting out the Distribution Centre will trickle thru and have a positive effect on all depots it supplies. The 'not my problem' scenario was made for this place & all depots it delivers to as is 'blind leading the blind'. Nobody is accountable for anything it seems & nobody seems to realise the obvious solution.
The management of my old depot tried their best but it always seemed a bit Laurel & Hardy. 90% of the staff in my time there were all good people to get along with, the odd pain in the a but this happens everywhere.
As I say, If you are desperate, over 60 or happy to sail thru scraping by this is the place for you. There are lots of better jobs out there, it took me a quick phone call on my way home to find 1.
Pros
Workmates (some)
Cons
Minimum wage, same overtime rate, no xmas bonus, radios taken away to save pennies, No backbone. All day Saturday & Good Friday.
Busy fun environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk24 January 2018
I did not work there for long eight months in total . The job was interesting. and the other employees , were very friendly and very help full. It was a very pleasant working environment.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
None really
Exciting time to Join
Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom20 January 2018
New tools to help improve your own an company goals will only lead to a positive future. The new ownership will only make things stronger. Lots of change will be good to increase profitability for the company. Overall great company to work for just be prepared to work hard as the industry dictates this.
Pros
Left alone to get the job done
Cons
Hand full of jobs worths to make life difficult
full on business type
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth2 January 2018
you are required to work with daily sales targets, complete a set amount of outbound calls, and achieve a minimum sales figure daily, the rewards are good but you are pushed.
Pros
staff discount on parts
Cons
working daily to tuff targets
Great place to work fun times
Telesales Executive (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire15 November 2017
Very fast paced work environment
Management were very helpful
Staff were brilliant
Customer satisfaction that I delivered my best service
I learned a lot more about different makes of cars and how they worked.
Product knowledge
Dealing with irate customers was the hardest part
Pros
Staff morale occasionally free lunch
Very active job. Fast paced
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bletchley, Buckinghamshire12 November 2017
Very active job and very fast paced. If you are inyo cars then this is a great job to be in. Long hours but you get every sunday off and bank holidays. Great team go work with
Cons
Long hours and 6 day week
Great place,fun and friendly.
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Morley10 November 2017
I enjoyed working for Andrew page as a whole. I worked for the company for 19 months and really enjoyed the experience. Andrew page is one of the biggest company for delivering car parts nation wide. The parts are always delivered on time and the customers are very friendly. My manager was a super boss and was fair with all his staff. Working for Andrew page made me feel good as I met different customers each day. I can not say there was anything I did not enjoy working for Andrew page as I was satisfied with the hours and pay the staff and the customers and would recommend anyone to apply for a job at Andrew page,
Pros
yearly bonus
Cons
A company that is clear in its objectives
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire28 October 2017
Whilst it’s clear the company have gone through some change in recent years it has always been apparent that the direction and objective is clear. They want to deliver excellent customer service and value those staff who are on board and want to be the best they can be. It’s a shame others who do not share the same vision smear the company due to their own failings.
Pros
Opportunity and success-lots of positives
Cons
Very little.
Avoid!! This place is a joke stay far away
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol4 October 2017
Awful company to work for. Contstantly worried about job secuirty. Unrealistic sales targets, if you don’t hit them which you wont most of the time they will make you feel worthless and treat you badly.

They threaten you about loosing your job all the time. Please dont bother even going if you have an interview. Just stay well away.

Long hours they will say its 40odd but actually your doing over 50. It is 8am-6pm mon-fri then on saturdays you got to work 8.30-2.30pm. Wage may seem good but is it really for that many hours? Not at all your working for pennies.
Pros
Nothing shambles of a buisness
Cons
long hours, job secuirty, lowering your self asteem, horrible management
Poor Management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London28 September 2017
Was a great place to work for when it was Camberlys, now since it has been bought out my Euro Car Parts everything has gone down hill. New management at head office are poor.
Big business with a family feel
Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlands20 September 2017
Overall a rewarding business, a great advocate for the UK Automotive aftermarket. Customer service and experience are the forefront of every action and decision made.
awful branch to work
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol27 August 2017
started as a van driver at the old camberley auto factors that was the good days.was there for 8 years and it gradually went downhill.full of backstabbers and bullies at every level from management to drivers.would recommend to STAY AWAY
Pros
when 5.30 came
Cons
where do i start?
auto parts
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 August 2017
check the van over go and get my deliveries load the van up and then go and deliver the good to the garages working for andrew page was enjoyable good work collages good working conditions
Poor Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire1 August 2017
Lack of communication, poor management ,no flexibility, treat drivers as lowest of the low, the pay isn't very good. The boss at the branch was really unmotivated and ungrateful of everyone's efforts. If you like being treated like dirt from management / customers this is the job for you. This should be a great job but its not.
Pros
nothing
Cons
No Flexibility
No organisation. Management a joke.
Drive (Former Employee) –  Ipswich9 July 2017
WAS a delivery driver but after the buyout from Lkq/Ecp the company has become even more of a joke! Management at branch is a joke. I have been made redundant along with other staff.....stay away from this company. Your worst nightmare!!!
Cons
Difficult company to work for
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Leeds30 June 2017
Most of the daily ritual was quite monotonous,working on an in house cataloguing system which involved,by its very nature,skills which were non transferable. The help desk calls could be engrossing but were infrequent.
The style of management could be quite divisive and seemed to have evolved rather than been planned.
Did learn through the vehicle parts cataloguing,patience,accuracy and thoroughness.
Hardest part being solely desk based and the best part the company of office colleagues.
Pros
Job security.
Cons
No real pay structure. Old company practices in what had become a sizeable organisation.