Andrew Page Employee Reviews

Ok if your not conned with hours
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire11 October 2018
I was a casual driver, and I took on the role because I was 100% guaranteed during interview the same amount of hours each month because of personal circumstances, no matter how the shift worked out each week. I wouldn't of taken it had not been guaranteed it. Well 6 weeks later and I barely had any hours, even though they were arranged the week before. I turn up, only to be sent home again. I was told by existing employees who are permanent and on less hours, that they have been waiting 2yrs to get more out of the company, only on occasions they turn up to work too, asked what they are doing there, and are turned away again because the work isnt available. Or your made to do picking instead.Too many drivers not enough vans. I actually feel like I was conned into it with a guarantee that should not have happened. Its unethical, insecure, and your basically used whenever it suits them. The only good thing was getting along with my colleagues and the also the mechanics I delivered to. Shame it was a short lived job, but nobody can rely on this as a main source of income, especially if you have no work for a number of days/weeks. Its a joke, and it's about time casual and zero roles were scrapped! Very disappointing.
Pros
Discount & Being out and about
Cons
Insecure role & lying management
Dont pay you on time and dont pay you what you are owed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk4 October 2018
Bury st Edmunds branch
Casual Driver
Problems with pay from the start, they didn't pay on time and had to ask manager to sort it out, couldn't access pay slips to even find out if they had paid me the right amount and when they did pay it was in 2 lots and in strange amounts for example 400 pounds exactly to the penny.
when I left they didn't pay me for the hours I worked and I asked the manager to ring payroll to sort it out and because I had left the manager has completely ignored my requests so I'm now out of pocket.
I had offered to still work Saturdays but now I wouldn't go back for anything, I feel disgusted that the manager doesn't care just because I have now left. I have no way of knowing how much they owe me because I still have no pay slips. Joke of a company.
Plus side all the drivers are really nice people and I hope they get out of that place and get a decent job.
Pros
Decent people on the driving side
Cons
Wont get paid and manager doesnt care when you have left
A busy & energetic environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Southampton17 September 2018
Andrewpage is a company that certainly depends upon branch local activity and b2b incentives. Essential daily contact with our customers base is vital to improve upon service levels/relationships. We build upon customer retention markers to generate a greater captive overall spend.
With sales conversions linked to attracting new business we promote and sell selected promotional or focus offers.

The office environment can be noisy, fun & fast-paced but 100% is required each day to stay ahead of the game.

We as a team win several regional & company incentives &/or promotions and in the main we exceed targeted promotional objectives.
Pros
free lunches & rewards
Cons
long hours between breaks & continued high expectations
Terrible company
Car parts (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire29 August 2018
This is a terrible branch in Southampton to work for, the office is extremely unprofessional and the training is apauling, not worth applying for unless you want your time wasted and to be stressed all day. It’s not a professional office very childlike and noisy. The training need to be massively improved and management
Amazing team
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Farnborough1 August 2018
The team are very friendly and always happy to help. The delivery drivers work so hard in all the conditions of weather throughout the year. The system also works very well due the dispatch doing an excellent job in organising drops to be made. Loved working there and would be exited to return.
Enjoyable
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear25 July 2018
For a warehouseman it was a relatively easy environment to get to grips with, using an easy to follow stocking system and incorporating a good group effort between drivers, warehouse staff and telesales to ensure timely and accurate deliveries.
andrew page
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 July 2018
good experience fun place to work at only left as offered higher wage at ecp for same job description learnt me teamwork is a big important element in this job
Productive and fun workplace.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Preston26 June 2018
17 enjoyable years with this company so far. This company offers many incentives and continues to supply professional development. This company believes in creating a family work ethos,
If you are desperate, otherwise avoid!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire26 June 2018
Them & us mentality. Sales staff that at the end of the day are actually telesales, yet receive bonus payments if targets are reached, but explain this for me: a customer phones in, gives you their registration, make/model etc, tells you what they need, you sit there punching in said information, computer says weather in stock or not, gives price, thanks very much! Is this "selling" or "telesales"?
Now thinking of the poorly treated and often downtrodden delivery drivers, collect your invoices for the route of deliveries, pick parts from shelf and double check they are correct, load van, drive off to deliver all drops, get signatures from each customer, issue receipts if required, collect cash/cheque if applicable, collect returns and write a record of them, deal with any hassles the customer may have, be on the receiving end of an ear bashing for mistakes made by the sales people, (all in denial, it's always the drivers fault).
Daily safety checks on van.
Keep van clean.
Keep van fuelled.
Expect to be treated like a second class citizen.
Work like a dog without reward or thanks.
Zero control hours.
Minimum wage.
Have to work alternate Saturdays.
NO BONUSES FOR THE DRIVERS!
Yes, a very reasonable and fair company to work for!
If you have no other options and are truly that desperate, then crack on.
But having worked for this shambles myself for several years, (more fool me), I talk from experience, NOT through retaliation!
Pros
You get to go home, eventually.
Cons
Very poor in just about every aspect.
Sinking ship
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull22 June 2018
Used to be decent but slowly went downhill and has now hit rock bottom. A manager who doesnt know how to manage, managed by managers who also don't know how to manage. Terrible place to work but it's a job at the end of the day. Minimum wage, no ot rate, no communication & no help from anybody. Place is a sinking ship.
Pros
Cons
Low wage, overworked, no OT rate, no radios, rock bottom morale, no future.
productive and fun warehouse
Warehouse Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield29 May 2018
This company has a lot to offer for young and enthusiastic persons. The management team are great to speak with. the company shows a lot for their staff and looks after the staff that are there.
Pros
more than 1 break
Cons
big demand on staff members.
Fun Working Enviroment
ICT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 May 2018
Great management Great team to work with. Shift hours
Was able to come in and have fun as long as the work was completed before the end of the working day
Good team great bunch of ladys and gents
wearhouse operative (Former Employee) –  Milton keynes18 March 2018
I must admit the people at mk branch are great you can have a laugh but also get your work done wearhouse duties are not taxing so may get bored quick but keep in mind if you are taken on as a causal worker you wont get paid until the following month eg: start in may get paid for that month at the end of june which is not explained in the interview.
Pros
Great bunch of people
Cons
Working a month in hand and finding this out on pay day!!
Casual work, very enjoyable
Casual delivery van driver (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire22 February 2018
I was a casual driver, so some weeks I had no hours and some I had plenty. Everyone else seemed to hate working there and all wanted to leave, but I think it's like that no matter where you work. I only worked there for a couple of months as I got an apprenticeship elsewhere, but I would work there again if I had the need/chance.
Pros
Not tied down indoors, flexible working
Cons
General attitude of long standing staff (although most have left now), zero hour contract
Van Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire20 February 2018
Enjoyed working here,nice people. I started as a casual driver & then was offered full time. I learnt a lot about car parts & enjoyed getting out & meeting customers. From management to warehouse despatch we worked well as a team.
Miserable working conditions
Temporary Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield6 February 2018
Some supervisors treat you like idiots.
One supervisor had over 20 complaints against him i for his attitude to staff.
Training is pathetic resulting in mistakes that happen time after time.
Pros
You don't have to think to much
Cons
The list goes on
Busy fun environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk24 January 2018
I did not work there for long eight months in total . The job was interesting. and the other employees , were very friendly and very help full. It was a very pleasant working environment.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
None really
Exciting time to Join
Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom20 January 2018
New tools to help improve your own an company goals will only lead to a positive future. The new ownership will only make things stronger. Lots of change will be good to increase profitability for the company. Overall great company to work for just be prepared to work hard as the industry dictates this.
Pros
Left alone to get the job done
Cons
Hand full of jobs worths to make life difficult
full on business type
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth2 January 2018
you are required to work with daily sales targets, complete a set amount of outbound calls, and achieve a minimum sales figure daily, the rewards are good but you are pushed.
Pros
staff discount on parts
Cons
working daily to tuff targets
Great place to work fun times
Telesales Executive (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire15 November 2017
Very fast paced work environment
Management were very helpful
Staff were brilliant
Customer satisfaction that I delivered my best service
I learned a lot more about different makes of cars and how they worked.
Product knowledge
Dealing with irate customers was the hardest part
Pros
Staff morale occasionally free lunch