Andrew Page Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear25 July 2018
For a warehouseman it was a relatively easy environment to get to grips with, using an easy to follow stocking system and incorporating a good group effort between drivers, warehouse staff and telesales to ensure timely and accurate deliveries.
andrew page
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 July 2018
good experience fun place to work at only left as offered higher wage at ecp for same job description learnt me teamwork is a big important element in this job
Productive and fun workplace.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Preston26 June 2018
17 enjoyable years with this company so far. This company offers many incentives and continues to supply professional development. This company believes in creating a family work ethos,
If you are desperate, otherwise avoid!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire26 June 2018
Them & us mentality. Sales staff that at the end of the day are actually telesales, yet receive bonus payments if targets are reached, but explain this for me: a customer phones in, gives you their registration, make/model etc, tells you what they need, you sit there punching in said information, computer says weather in stock or not, gives price, thanks very much! Is this "selling" or "telesales"?
Now thinking of the poorly treated and often downtrodden delivery drivers, collect your invoices for the route of deliveries, pick parts from shelf and double check they are correct, load van, drive off to deliver all drops, get signatures from each customer, issue receipts if required, collect cash/cheque if applicable, collect returns and write a record of them, deal with any hassles the customer may have, be on the receiving end of an ear bashing for mistakes made by the sales people, (all in denial, it's always the drivers fault).
Daily safety checks on van.
Keep van clean.
Keep van fuelled.
Expect to be treated like a second class citizen.
Work like a dog without reward or thanks.
Zero control hours.
Minimum wage.
Have to work alternate Saturdays.
NO BONUSES FOR THE DRIVERS!
Yes, a very reasonable and fair company to work for!
If you have no other options and are truly that desperate, then crack on.
But having worked for this shambles myself for several years, (more fool me), I talk from experience, NOT through retaliation!
Pros
You get to go home, eventually.
Cons
Very poor in just about every aspect.
Sinking ship
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull22 June 2018
Used to be decent but slowly went downhill and has now hit rock bottom. A manager who doesnt know how to manage, managed by managers who also don't know how to manage. Terrible place to work but it's a job at the end of the day. Minimum wage, no ot rate, no communication & no help from anybody. Place is a sinking ship.
Pros
Cons
Low wage, overworked, no OT rate, no radios, rock bottom morale, no future.
productive and fun warehouse
Warehouse Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield29 May 2018
This company has a lot to offer for young and enthusiastic persons. The management team are great to speak with. the company shows a lot for their staff and looks after the staff that are there.
Pros
more than 1 break
Cons
big demand on staff members.
Fun Working Enviroment
ICT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 May 2018
Great management Great team to work with. Shift hours
Was able to come in and have fun as long as the work was completed before the end of the working day
Good team great bunch of ladys and gents
wearhouse operative (Former Employee) –  Milton keynes18 March 2018
I must admit the people at mk branch are great you can have a laugh but also get your work done wearhouse duties are not taxing so may get bored quick but keep in mind if you are taken on as a causal worker you wont get paid until the following month eg: start in may get paid for that month at the end of june which is not explained in the interview.
Pros
Great bunch of people
Cons
Working a month in hand and finding this out on pay day!!
Casual work, very enjoyable
Casual delivery van driver (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire22 February 2018
I was a casual driver, so some weeks I had no hours and some I had plenty. Everyone else seemed to hate working there and all wanted to leave, but I think it's like that no matter where you work. I only worked there for a couple of months as I got an apprenticeship elsewhere, but I would work there again if I had the need/chance.
Pros
Not tied down indoors, flexible working
Cons
General attitude of long standing staff (although most have left now), zero hour contract
Van Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire20 February 2018
Enjoyed working here,nice people. I started as a casual driver & then was offered full time. I learnt a lot about car parts & enjoyed getting out & meeting customers. From management to warehouse despatch we worked well as a team.
Miserable working conditions
Temporary Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield6 February 2018
Some supervisors treat you like idiots.
One supervisor had over 20 complaints against him i for his attitude to staff.
Training is pathetic resulting in mistakes that happen time after time.
Pros
You don't have to think to much
Cons
The list goes on
Busy fun environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk24 January 2018
I did not work there for long eight months in total . The job was interesting. and the other employees , were very friendly and very help full. It was a very pleasant working environment.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
None really
Exciting time to Join
Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom20 January 2018
New tools to help improve your own an company goals will only lead to a positive future. The new ownership will only make things stronger. Lots of change will be good to increase profitability for the company. Overall great company to work for just be prepared to work hard as the industry dictates this.
Pros
Left alone to get the job done
Cons
Hand full of jobs worths to make life difficult
full on business type
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth2 January 2018
you are required to work with daily sales targets, complete a set amount of outbound calls, and achieve a minimum sales figure daily, the rewards are good but you are pushed.
Pros
staff discount on parts
Cons
working daily to tuff targets
Great place to work fun times
Telesales Executive (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire15 November 2017
Very fast paced work environment
Management were very helpful
Staff were brilliant
Customer satisfaction that I delivered my best service
I learned a lot more about different makes of cars and how they worked.
Product knowledge
Dealing with irate customers was the hardest part
Pros
Staff morale occasionally free lunch
Very active job. Fast paced
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bletchley, Buckinghamshire12 November 2017
Very active job and very fast paced. If you are inyo cars then this is a great job to be in. Long hours but you get every sunday off and bank holidays. Great team go work with
Cons
Long hours and 6 day week
Great place,fun and friendly.
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Morley10 November 2017
I enjoyed working for Andrew page as a whole. I worked for the company for 19 months and really enjoyed the experience. Andrew page is one of the biggest company for delivering car parts nation wide. The parts are always delivered on time and the customers are very friendly. My manager was a super boss and was fair with all his staff. Working for Andrew page made me feel good as I met different customers each day. I can not say there was anything I did not enjoy working for Andrew page as I was satisfied with the hours and pay the staff and the customers and would recommend anyone to apply for a job at Andrew page,
Pros
yearly bonus
Cons
A company that is clear in its objectives
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire28 October 2017
Whilst it’s clear the company have gone through some change in recent years it has always been apparent that the direction and objective is clear. They want to deliver excellent customer service and value those staff who are on board and want to be the best they can be. It’s a shame others who do not share the same vision smear the company due to their own failings.
Pros
Opportunity and success-lots of positives
Cons
Very little.
Avoid!! This place is a joke stay far away
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol4 October 2017
Awful company to work for. Contstantly worried about job secuirty. Unrealistic sales targets, if you don’t hit them which you wont most of the time they will make you feel worthless and treat you badly.

They threaten you about loosing your job all the time. Please dont bother even going if you have an interview. Just stay well away.

Long hours they will say its 40odd but actually your doing over 50. It is 8am-6pm mon-fri then on saturdays you got to work 8.30-2.30pm. Wage may seem good but is it really for that many hours? Not at all your working for pennies.
Pros
Nothing shambles of a buisness
Cons
long hours, job secuirty, lowering your self asteem, horrible management
Poor Management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London28 September 2017
Was a great place to work for when it was Camberlys, now since it has been bought out my Euro Car Parts everything has gone down hill. New management at head office are poor.