ANCHOR TRUST Employee Reviews

Appalling management! No support
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishopstoke Southampton16 August 2017
Long shifts 14 hours NO BREAKS!
High turnover of staff! Short staffed. Always agency staff requested.
Rota constantly changes week by week.
Team leaders don't lead. Low morale.
Management are not supported from district managers or head office. 2 managers left in 2 years of opening.
Disrespect to staff.

Don't even consider Anchor Trust - Orchard gardens at all. You will regret it.
Cons
Everything!
Strangled atmosphere. No appreciation.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishopstoke, Hampshire5 August 2017
Worst company ever worked for. Understaffed-teamleaders do as little as possible. No support when you need it . Carers showing disrespect towards other carers . Horrible atmosphere.
No proper shadowing. Training or induction. More agency staff than Anchor staff-of which quite often never showed up.
Carehome iis a very nice building in a lovely location in a retirement village.
Just very poorly managed. Low morale.
Pros
Many nice customers and family members
Cons
Long hours. No breaks. Expectations unfair
Management very supportive
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South East4 August 2017
I am a current employee at an Anchor care home and we are lucky with our home manager she is very supportive to both our residents needs and ours as staff. She is aware the job can be hard and gives us rewards for our hard work.
Pros
Supportive manager and lots of training
Cons
Hard work
Shockingly bad company to work for
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside3 August 2017
Was treated very poorly by Anchor. When I tried to get help I was informed (by HR at Head Office) that HR was there to support the managers and not the staff so they couldn't help me. Management is appalling and Head Office has no regard for 'lower grade' staff whatsoever. In my case ACAS best practice guidelines were not followed. Complaints dismissed rather than investigated as it was easier. Would certainly avoid. Have only rated 1 star as it wouldnt let me rate zero.
Staff need more consideration
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Grassington8 July 2017
The staff need more consideration and management needs to speak to staff better and not gonbehind staffs back if there is a problem with their work.atmosphere needs to be better
Pros
Nobe
Cons
Worst company i have ever worked for
Chef (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 July 2017
You are not made to feel worth while what so ever. Min wage paid and still having to work as hard as anyone else in there. no pay rise yet the big ceo's etc get massive bonuses etc. yet they say they're not for profit. modern day slavery and if u say u dont like well your answer is then u can leave. which shows they dont care.
Pros
people you work with.
Cons
pay, heat, management/company bosses
Waste off time to work for
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  North West23 June 2017
Management rubbish. got no say in anything running it down. No pay increases because of leaving EU not a nice company to work for. Stay away from the company
Pros
Non
Cons
No morals
advantages to move forward
Activity Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Tealbeck House Otley2 June 2017
spending time with the customers and interacting with them , cognitive games , exercises, and craft and baking. Having a history lesson everytime you walk through the door, as these peoples lives are so interesting. Its like a home from home enviroment, and very place to work.
Pros
flexible
Cons
shift pattern
Product
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire1 June 2017
It is a good company I injoyed working for them. The job was good. The staff was all good and I injoyed working with them. I looking for another job that is near to improve my carer
Shocking place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear8 May 2017
Worst home I have ever worked in over a 19 year career. Management was not understanding when I needed time off as my dad was on life support. Basically told to terminate my contract to go on bank, basically wanted rid of me. Very bad management indeed. To many clicks and manager has her favorites. Would never go into another Anchor home ever, or any care home for that matter, enough is enough.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long nights, to many hourly checks, No breaks, no smoking, to many threats to staff, the list goes on!
worst place I have worked at.
care assistant (Current Employee) –  oakwood grange2 May 2017
Current care worker at oakwood grange deputy whos outstanding ran oakwood grange for alot of months new manager came in and changed things my deputy got the moral up clean home everything in place and does management think that we stupid new management are rubbish and they will lose all good staff just feel sorry for residents
Pros
Cons
to much hard work
Nice residential
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham29 April 2017
I currently work here and I enjoy the happy work envirment as well and the opportunity to learn and develop skills within a residential setting. I enjoy the overall experience
Love my job
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield care home, bradford, west yorkshire10 April 2017
Great colleagues and great residents. Each day is different. Love supporting the families and making people happy. Very satisfying. Beautiful workplace.
Pros
Cons
Very warm haha
High Staff Turnover
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands6 April 2017
For the years that I have worked at the same location, there has been a lot of staff come and go. Management overall were terrible and did improve a lot. unfortunately now due to lots of changes, have gone back down hill. Management lack people skills and do not take in consideration towards their staff. (You look after your staff, they will look after your customers)
Pros
Training
Cons
No consideration to staff. Wages always wrong.
Great workplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Hall , West Byfleet30 March 2017
A day at work is always challenging and pleasant. The management is supportive and polite providing us with many training courses.The hardest part of the job is when we have to deal with challenging behaviour .The most enjoyable part of the job is when the residents and staff joining in activities ,spending time together with full of fun and laughter.I work over 20 years in care sector and I feel happy and lucky for the opportunity to be a member of staff for Anchor .
Pros
salary, working hours, nice environment, training, management
Cons
no sick pay, possibility of assault by dementia patients
Awful management, clicky seniors, hard working carers.
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Newquay27 March 2017
I felt completely undervalued at this care home. The management are very unsupportive and quick to blame anyone other than themselves. Several of my colleagues felt pushed out and bullied into leaving if they didn't fit in with the click. I am now employed in a wonderful family run care home where the management/owner actually cares about the residents and not just about money. Anchor has good qualities such as good training but even that has gone downhill with the introduction of e-learning. I would not recommend this company to anyone either to work or live. And this is a huge shame. The money is going to all the wrong places and it is definitely making a profit despite being a 'non profit' organisation.
Pros
Decent enough pay
Cons
Lack of respect
Not able to do all that is needed
Chef manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey27 March 2017
My day is busy as I'm short staffed but still expected to do all that needs doing which I'm finding I can't do the place in great but you are told to your face that they understand but you hear that they are not behind your back so at the moment I don't know what to do first
Pros
Good staff, nice residents
Cons
Not enough hours in the day, short staff, no computer to be able to do the work required properly
Very Rewarding.
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands25 February 2017
My duties are making sandwiches, preparing salads, preparing salads and preparing the vegetables for the following day. I have also carried out quite a few cooking shifts.

I have learned quite a lot whilst at Anchor mainly how to cook for 40 people 3 times a day including special diets.

My Chef Manager has been so supportive in training me up to carry out the cooking shifts.

The whole job is very demanding and very fast paced.

The most enjoyable part of my job is pleasing and spending time with the residents.
Pros
Gaining more experience
Cons
long long hours sometimes
A good place to work as part of a team
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon24 February 2017
A lovely place to work where teamwork is key to looking after the elderly residents. It is a changeable environment which will call for you to be flexible in your approach to work. I have achieved my NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care since working with Anchor and have been encouraged to continue my learning further. We are well led and have regular meetings with our management and asked to give feedback. We have a good team of workers throughout the home. It is a pleasure to see how much you can change the residents day by spending time with them and helping them with their day to day living.
Pros
Good Company Benefits
It was relaxed atmosphere to work in.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Englefield Green, Surrey22 February 2017
My work at Anchor was very essential to my professional growth.i carried out task like in house mandatory training coordinator, administer medication,assessments and reviews .I was at some point I charge of rotas for staff.in all it was a very challenging job but I still pulled through.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANCHOR TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9