ANCHOR TRUST Employee Reviews

Getting better
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  East Horsley5 October 2018
The home has had it's fair share of managers in the time I've been there, some have been good and some have been not so good but the new manager there now is doing a great job of turning the home around like it deserves. The home still needs more staff but I'm sure this will be addressed in due cause, The catering team do a great choice of food for the residents but be aware staff need to pay if they want lunch it is cheap so don't worry, All the staff get along well and have a laugh when they can but like in any job you can rub people up the wrong way on certain days. The activities have got a lot better over the last year and the residents seem to enjoy them, If something breaks it gets fixed in an acceptable time but could be better, I can't say much on the housekeeping as that would be bias but we all seem to do our job well and the residents / visitors seem happy with the standard we achieve. The care staff do a wonderful job of helping the residents go about their day to day life and give support where needed, I'm sure with abit more time the home will be a success with an outstanding CQC report. I've made some great friends here and I will miss working with them.
Pros
Lovely residents, Happy staff, Good atmosphere
Cons
Pay could be better, Staff need to be informed better
16 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed and fair review and for recognising the continued work of yourself and your colleagues. We're glad you were able to make some great friendships during your time with us and we're sure they'll be sad to see you go too. Thank you for your dedicated hard work and we wish you the best with the future

Enjoyable place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Godalming27 September 2018
It is a nice place to work as you get to interact with the elderly residents on a daily basis which they enjoy as well.

It is a friendly place to work but can be hard work as the residents are all elderly and most of them have dementia of some form
28 September 2018

Thank you for taking the team to review us. We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your job and the residents of your home. Thank you so much for your continued hard work!

Awful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear13 September 2018
Lovely staff, poor management, overtime goes to those who are close withmanagement, No appreciation, a few nice TL,cleaners treated like there nothing
Pros
Cons
No overtime
14 September 2018

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Anchor. We are dedicated on ensuring that employees are given the best support throughout their employment. If you would like to tell me more about your experience then please do not hesitate to get in contact with me directly at: Adam.Peck@Anchor.org.uk.

I've seen better...
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury3 September 2018
I was with Anchor for a while and the home is a fantastic building and appeared almost 'hotel like' at first however, I have to say it is one of the worst run homes I've been in! The home is always short staffed, leaving me to pick up the slack and work the amount meant for 2!
I had next to no induction and was often left to fend for myself which I got used to but as I watched careers join and have a similar experience, I felt for them.
I would not recommend this company based on my experience to anyone new to care - please gain experience elsewhere before picking up bad habits! Staff need to be trained more physically but almost all training is done online.
Management have been rude and blunt from the start and can appear unapproachable, often seeming far too busy to talk and no time to listen to concerns.
Pros
friendly staff, lovely residents
Cons
poor management, very poor training, no employee perks
11 September 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review. We appreciate any and all feedback and can assure you that this will be taken on board. If you would like to tell us more about your experience then please do not hesitate to get contact us directly at: Adam.Peck@Anchor.org.uk.

Worst environment I have ever worked in
Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Anglia17 August 2018
After working in the home for over a year with no permanent manager in place for the entire time and different deputy’s being given the position and then leaving very quickly everything was put onto me. Sometimes ended up working 11 hour days just for the safety of the home which is constantly using a high number of agency.
When a manager finally came into position they became part of the “click” within the home and anything not being done correctly by seniors in the click was very well protected. Anyone outside of the “click” would be spoken to in such a degrading manor in front of other staff they ended up feeling worthless.
Safeguarding issues in the home were not being reported and covered up by the new management.
The home was full of bad atmosphere when certain staff were on shift.
Overall a real energy and moral draining environment.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Long hours, bad moral, bad management, bad attitude from seniors
20 August 2018

Staff do work as a team
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 August 2018
Salary is really bad on housekeeping for what is expected of you .can't get annual leave half the time because has to be 2 people on shift unless you are head housekeeper then you can have all the annual leave when you want .don't expect weekends off.would recommend a second job to keep your living wage up only bonus is it's morning's so you could fit second job in the evenings.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Prepare to work for minimun wage
13 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry that you don't feel the salary is representative of the job you do, however, are you aware of all of the discounts, rewards and benefits? If not, you can take a look here https://www.anchor.org.uk/careers/why-join-us/our-rewards-and-benefits. Thank you again for your review and for your continued hard work with us.

Dont bother !!
Skivy (Former Employee) –  Oldham30 July 2018
No support for staff from management & can single you out if your not in the click or when the cats away pick on the prey !!! More like hotel not a care
HOME and on nights teamleaders are pot washers (kitchen asaistant) laundry assistants cleaners and carers aswell as their own role (aswell as all other duty ontop passed over for u to do !!
Pros
Non
Cons
All above
7 August 2018

Unprofessional management
Chef (Former Employee) –  Surrey28 July 2018
All of the management stick together. Management are corrupt.
Management have no care for the residents.
They will turn a blind eye if your part of there “gang”.
No compassion
No morals
So if your heartless and good at bullying and unprofessional,
Anchor will welcome you with open arms .
If you are hard working,honest & caring , Anchor will ruin you.
STAY AWAY !!!
Pros
Some lovely work colleagues
Patronising workplace useless organisation
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex16 July 2018
was told I was to start last monday and bring new DBS so I drove to workplace manager then sneered at my DBS and all knowledge of what I had shared in interview was overlooked even when I'd shown them my recent DBS had to wait another week to start which made the wait 10 weeks in total and when I started this Monday I was patronised by staff member and when I asked to get some lunch at the shop she said I had too bring my own lunch as we can't leave the premises and then backtracked on start times and lied about what had been agreed in interview and hiring process I lasted 2 hours and walked out if I wanted a job in a prison i would of applied I have 30 years of electrical and maintenance skills behind me this company is a joke this is the reason I've gone back to self employment I'll never work for companies like this again
Pros
Don't bother
Cons
The moment you start
Lovely place to work
Relief Scheme Manager/House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Peterborough10 July 2018
My job at anchor is amazing I love coming to work , residents are friendly and my manager is fab 💕 I would highly recommend getting a job here . Good working hours and fantastic facilities
Pros
Good work hours, friendly
12 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review. Thank you for all your hard work, keep it up!

Horrible place to work
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 July 2018
You are not chef manager. You have no right to run the kitchen. I had to leave as I was unable to do my job. Management are very selfish, they expecting you to cover all the shifts, half time you are on your own working in the kitchen because they taking staff from the kitchen to help the cares. Note appropriate company. They want more from you each day, no please or thank you. Any problems they don't want to know. Cqc report is bad, residents complaining about the management Inc relatives.
Pros
Poor management
Cons
Unreliable management
12 July 2018

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. We’re committed to providing the best services for our customers and a positive working environment and support for our colleagues. If you’d like to tell me more about your experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with me directly at: adam.peck@anchor.org.uk

the home is nice and the staff
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 July 2018
i have learnt a lot of things since i become working in care.

i really enjoy my job love caring for the residents.
you get so much training.

the most enjoyable part is if i have time to do activities with them
Pros
after pay for lunches
Cons
12 hours 3 in 3 off
6 July 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's lovely to hear that you enjoy your job and the residents so much and that you've been able to learn. Could you please give us a little more information as to why you have rated us only one star and not higher? Thank you

Awful place to work!!!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire28 June 2018
I worked at anchor - Buckingham lodge for a year and a half, it was awful. Everyday we were short staffed, often having 1 member of staff to 14 residents, disgusting! Management were not interested in helping, they came in did their 9-5 and left. The management were more interested in staff uniforms than the residents themselves.

The food that was served to these residents was awful considering the amount they pay to live there weekly! I would NEVER work for anchor again, EVER even if you paid me above the minimum wage that you barely get there!!!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor salary, awful management

Home manager (Current Employee) –  Blackbrook House28 June 2018
I really enjoy my job as a home manager, I have great team in my home and lots of support from my district manager. I would really recommend Anchor as great place to work.
Pros
Good pay
3 July 2018

Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication to your residents and Anchor. Keep up the good work!

Amazing company to work for
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex28 June 2018
I have worked in the same home for 9 years and got taken over by anchor trust and I can honestly say it's the best company I have ever worked for. There is so much support and I couldn't be happier.
Pros
Support from management
3 July 2018

Thank you for your lovely, positive review as well as all our your years of commitment to your home. Thanks again

Joke!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire26 June 2018
I worked for this company and the managment and seniors are shocking. The manger is the worst manager ive ever encounted as if the deputy. Absolute joke! Tried to basically blame the staff because the residents was dying and leaving empty bedrooms that they couldnt fill. All about money, no compassion. Too much of a workload.

Management made a rule of care assistants and senior care assistants not being able to socialise outside of work? Strange
Pros
Cons
Long hours, unapreciated.
3 July 2018

I enjoyed my time at larchfeild
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  hunslet lds1017 June 2018
I'm a caring compassionate good work I'm a good team player and also I can use my own initiative when in a rut I enjoyed the job very much it was challenging on a daily basis the hardest part and upsetting part was one off the customers went in to cardiac arrest on one off our checks early hours of the morning so me and colleague had to do C.P.R and the worst part was he didn't pull through the best part paramedic couldn't praise me and colleague and told us that we did brilliantly for him and that was really hard and whilst my time in the care home I've done my N.V.Q.2 my boots 1.2.3. I done all my manadadtory training
Pros
it was very hard working with mental health but rewarding

Comment – 29 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback. We're sorry to hear of the los of one of your residents but we can not praise and thank you enough for the work you did for him. Thanks again

Great organisation to work for, great opportunities to progress
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  London11 June 2018
Fab company to work for.
Great values, strong business plan in place
Good career opportunities
Also willing to teach those that are willing to learn.
Pros
Career opportunities, training and inductions, myFuture programme to help develop colleagues
Cons
None that I’m able to think of at present

Comment – 29 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!

Restaurant is just a joke !
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Bishopstoke, Hampshire1 June 2018
I am leaving because new management is a joke, never on duty & unbelievably asks their friend who has no experience in catering to interfere & undermine the restaurant staff. Never seen this practice anywhere before & dont want to stick around to see the consequences. Would not recommend anyone to take a job in the bistro unless they sack the manager
Pros
help yourself to what you want as manager never there
Cons
bad management

Nice place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Essex29 May 2018
I have been working for Anchor for nearly 3 years now and I can see big improvements. Rates of pay have gone up significantly and and support is always there when needed.
Pros
Good rates of pay

Comment – 29 June 2018

Thank you so much for your continued dedication to your residents and the company. It's employees like you that really make the difference! Thanks again and keep up the brilliant work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANCHOR TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9