ANCHOR TRUST Employee Reviews

Don’t Bother
HCA (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside30 November 2018
I worked at Upton Grange for about 6 weeks, most staff extremely unfriendly, management awful pestering to do extra days/hours. Phone calls on days off, very little resident care or interaction, spent most of the time hand washing dishes or writing up unnecessary notes. Left ASAP, no support from other staff or managers. Hated going into work. Too many bosses doing very little work
Pros
Cons
Unsupportive managers, too many bosses in one place
4 December 2018

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Anchor. We are dedicated on ensuring that employees are given the best support throughout their employment. If you would like to tell me more about your experience then please do not hesitate to get in contact with me directly at: Adam.Peck@Anchor.org.uk.

Supportive and caring
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton In Craven, North Yorkshire21 November 2018
I have been an employee of Thornton hill for 3 and a half years now and I have worked in care, as kitchen staff and as a housekeeper. Although care isn't an easy role for anyone to take on, working here has all the right rewards. Teamwork is outstanding, the care given is fantastic and the management support is top notch. Whenever I have personal issues going on, my managers are always there to ensure I get the support I need and do it with professional, discretion and genuine concern. Every care asssiant has the residents interested at heart and ensure that they get the right care in a kind and person centred way. Training is always going on and management are very clear about the level of training you will undertake and why it is important. This is great as there are always new things to learn which ensures you stay in the loop with new legislation and carry out the right kind of care at a high standard.
Pros
Support, teamwork, the chefs cheesecake
Cons
Not enough cheesecake
22 November 2018

Thank you for leaving such a positive review. It's wonderful to hear you've enjoyed yourself so much over the last three and a half years and have been able to work in so many different departments in the home. It's great to see another one of our homes with such loving team work too! Thank you so much for your continued hard work and dedication to your team, residents and Anchor!

P.S. Sorry for the lack of cheesecake ;)

Good, loving place to work.
Care assistant bank (Current Employee) –  Thornton In Craven, North Yorkshire20 November 2018
Worked at anchor for 8 months now (Thornton Hill) and I loved the job from day one, just as much as I still do now. When I went into the job, it was my first care job, all the team leaders, staff and management were really supportive in helping me to be the best carer I could be.
Managemnet have always ensured that I have all up to date and effective training needed.
When bad things arise in the workplace everyone pulls together and works through it as a team.
There is plenty of opportunities to develop and progress within the role your doing.
Everyone in the workplace are there for the same reason and that is to make sure the residents get the best care and feel the love we all have for them.
Throughout the week there is always different activities in place for the residents and it gives staff the opportunity to talk to residents on a more 1:2:1 basis.
All members of staff and management are friendly and approachable with any issues or problems you may be facing and do everything they can to ensure that you feel more at ease.
Pros
Loving home, good support network, friendly.
22 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your time with us and leave such a brilliant review. We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying yourself with us and feel fully supported by not only your management team, but your colleagues too. Thank you for all your work and effort and we hope to see you with us for a long time. Thank you

Loved working here.
Housekeeper/Carer (Former Employee) –  Morecambe18 November 2018
Was very sad to leave the location I was working at, it was the best place I have worked. Loved the residents and the staff were fab. We really were a fabulous team.
Pros
Loved every second I was there.
Cons
Having to leave because I was moving away.
20 November 2018

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review and for all your hard work and dedication whilst employed by us. We wish you the best of luck!

Worst place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Byfleet, Surrey16 November 2018
Awful company to work, (west hall -West Byfleet)I want to request you all please do not join Anchor west hall, I don’t know about others branch of anchor,
I been through many things over there, and it’s all happened when I was pregnant and I was cried for every day,still I try to forget everything and rejoined after maternity leave but still was same,no one stay there for long, discrimination, not supported, they will always after you, residence are all good and lovely and some staff but other than that place is purely evils, me and my god knows how I been through for 2 years, there is more many things I want to say, but.....request you all please do not join
Pros
No thing
Cons
All worst
20 November 2018

A disgrace of a Care Company!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornton In Craven, North Yorkshire9 November 2018
Where do i start? I was at Thornton Hill for 3 weeks and it was awful from Start to finish, most of the staff were backstabbers who would gossip behind your back instead of looking after the residents who were great to me, So was the the staff member i shadowed she was great with me. Management didn't give a monkeys in fact one of them had the cheek to tell me i had autism which was humiliating. They expect new staff to complete a care folder within 13 weeks or they were sacked, They never helped me get back care quickly enough, because i could not do many things which was frustrating. I saw care assistants come and help in the kitchen on days off pot washing, The whole place was a shambles and run by people who only care about profits and not staff or residents care which i thought was the idea.
Pros
Residents were lovely. And one or two nice staff members.
Cons
Rude and dishonest Management, Backstabbing Staff, Not enough attention paid to residents, Care Staff doing Kitchen/Cleaning duties.
16 November 2018

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Anchor. We are dedicated on ensuring that employees are given the best support throughout their employment and are dishearten to hear you don't feel this was the case. We can also assure you that Anchor is a non-profit organisation. If you would like to tell me more about your experience then please do not hesitate to get in contact with me directly at: Adam.Peck@Anchor.org.uk.

Horrible
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 November 2018
Currently working for Anchor, has gone downhill over last 12months, sugar coated on the outside, disgusting on the inside. Staffing levels a joke for the needs of the customers, its all about filling rooms and money, loads of problems, have had meetings with area manager, that was a waste of time. Cant trust anybody to talk to, confidentiality is a joke, training is rubbish. So stressed and angry when im there, its a shame as i love my job, and cant do it to my best ability due to a poorly managed home. The mixture of customers isnt working, lots of safe guardings. Some staff are lovely but all caught up in doing the wrong thing because no other options. Will be looking elsewhere for work as im very unhappy
Pros
Non
Cons
Never enough staff, no support, bullying
6 November 2018

16 November 2018

Best job ever
Scheme Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire29 October 2018
Great company to work for. CEO keeps employees informed via video. Lots of fantastic support from customer services when the need arises. IT department extreamly helpful. Infact all support services friendly, supportive and helpful. Fair pay for responsibility. Lots of perks. Additional leave opportunity to purchase. Discount shopping. Valuing you awards. I would certainly recommend to others.
Pros
Work life balance, excellent support
6 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. We're so grateful for your continued hard work and are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying yourself. Thanks again

Enjoyable place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Godalming27 September 2018
It is a nice place to work as you get to interact with the elderly residents on a daily basis which they enjoy as well.

It is a friendly place to work but can be hard work as the residents are all elderly and most of them have dementia of some form
28 September 2018

Thank you for taking the team to review us. We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your job and the residents of your home. Thank you so much for your continued hard work!

Love my job / dislike management
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands17 September 2018
I currently work here as a carer and i love it but its getting difficult because of the staff shortage so alot of the time the carers do the work of two.management dosent care and tell us we can manage but mistakes are being made and carers are getting the rap.management and team leaders are outside together in the smoking area every half hour whilst us carers are slogging our guts off.so unfair.customers and carers are lovely.
Pros
Lovely customers
Cons
Awful and unapproachable management
18 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us and give such detail. I'm sorry that you feel a lack of support from your management team, but I hope that you are made to feel appreciated and can understand that your management team do also have responsibilities that can leave them busy themselves. On behalf of your management team, the residents and Anchor allow me to thank you for your dedicated service and hard work. If you wish to tell me more about your experience then please do not hesitate to get in contact with me directly at: Adam.Peck@Anchor.org.uk.

Awful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear13 September 2018
Lovely staff, poor management, overtime goes to those who are close withmanagement, No appreciation, a few nice TL,cleaners treated like there nothing
Pros
Cons
No overtime
14 September 2018

I've seen better...
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury3 September 2018
I was with Anchor for a while and the home is a fantastic building and appeared almost 'hotel like' at first however, I have to say it is one of the worst run homes I've been in! The home is always short staffed, leaving me to pick up the slack and work the amount meant for 2!
I had next to no induction and was often left to fend for myself which I got used to but as I watched careers join and have a similar experience, I felt for them.
I would not recommend this company based on my experience to anyone new to care - please gain experience elsewhere before picking up bad habits! Staff need to be trained more physically but almost all training is done online.
Management have been rude and blunt from the start and can appear unapproachable, often seeming far too busy to talk and no time to listen to concerns.
Pros
friendly staff, lovely residents
Cons
poor management, very poor training, no employee perks
11 September 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review. We appreciate any and all feedback and can assure you that this will be taken on board. If you would like to tell us more about your experience then please do not hesitate to get contact us directly at: Adam.Peck@Anchor.org.uk.

Worst environment I have ever worked in
Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Anglia17 August 2018
After working in the home for over a year with no permanent manager in place for the entire time and different deputy’s being given the position and then leaving very quickly everything was put onto me. Sometimes ended up working 11 hour days just for the safety of the home which is constantly using a high number of agency.
When a manager finally came into position they became part of the “click” within the home and anything not being done correctly by seniors in the click was very well protected. Anyone outside of the “click” would be spoken to in such a degrading manor in front of other staff they ended up feeling worthless.
Safeguarding issues in the home were not being reported and covered up by the new management.
The home was full of bad atmosphere when certain staff were on shift.
Overall a real energy and moral draining environment.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Long hours, bad moral, bad management, bad attitude from seniors
20 August 2018

Staff do work as a team
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 August 2018
Salary is really bad on housekeeping for what is expected of you .can't get annual leave half the time because has to be 2 people on shift unless you are head housekeeper then you can have all the annual leave when you want .don't expect weekends off.would recommend a second job to keep your living wage up only bonus is it's morning's so you could fit second job in the evenings.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Prepare to work for minimun wage
13 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry that you don't feel the salary is representative of the job you do, however, are you aware of all of the discounts, rewards and benefits? If not, you can take a look here https://www.anchor.org.uk/careers/why-join-us/our-rewards-and-benefits. Thank you again for your review and for your continued hard work with us.

Dont bother !!
Skivy (Former Employee) –  Oldham30 July 2018
No support for staff from management & can single you out if your not in the click or when the cats away pick on the prey !!! More like hotel not a care
HOME and on nights teamleaders are pot washers (kitchen asaistant) laundry assistants cleaners and carers aswell as their own role (aswell as all other duty ontop passed over for u to do !!
Pros
Non
Cons
All above
7 August 2018

Unprofessional management
Chef (Former Employee) –  Surrey28 July 2018
All of the management stick together. Management are corrupt.
Management have no care for the residents.
They will turn a blind eye if your part of there “gang”.
No compassion
No morals
So if your heartless and good at bullying and unprofessional,
Anchor will welcome you with open arms .
If you are hard working,honest & caring , Anchor will ruin you.
STAY AWAY !!!
Pros
Some lovely work colleagues
Patronising workplace useless organisation
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex16 July 2018
was told I was to start last monday and bring new DBS so I drove to workplace manager then sneered at my DBS and all knowledge of what I had shared in interview was overlooked even when I'd shown them my recent DBS had to wait another week to start which made the wait 10 weeks in total and when I started this Monday I was patronised by staff member and when I asked to get some lunch at the shop she said I had too bring my own lunch as we can't leave the premises and then backtracked on start times and lied about what had been agreed in interview and hiring process I lasted 2 hours and walked out if I wanted a job in a prison i would of applied I have 30 years of electrical and maintenance skills behind me this company is a joke this is the reason I've gone back to self employment I'll never work for companies like this again
Pros
Don't bother
Cons
The moment you start
Lovely place to work
Relief Scheme Manager/House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Peterborough10 July 2018
My job at anchor is amazing I love coming to work , residents are friendly and my manager is fab 💕 I would highly recommend getting a job here . Good working hours and fantastic facilities
Pros
Good work hours, friendly
12 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review. Thank you for all your hard work, keep it up!

Horrible place to work
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 July 2018
You are not chef manager. You have no right to run the kitchen. I had to leave as I was unable to do my job. Management are very selfish, they expecting you to cover all the shifts, half time you are on your own working in the kitchen because they taking staff from the kitchen to help the cares. Note appropriate company. They want more from you each day, no please or thank you. Any problems they don't want to know. Cqc report is bad, residents complaining about the management Inc relatives.
Pros
Poor management
Cons
Unreliable management
12 July 2018

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. We’re committed to providing the best services for our customers and a positive working environment and support for our colleagues. If you’d like to tell me more about your experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with me directly at: adam.peck@anchor.org.uk

the home is nice and the staff
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 July 2018
i have learnt a lot of things since i become working in care.

i really enjoy my job love caring for the residents.
you get so much training.

the most enjoyable part is if i have time to do activities with them
Pros
after pay for lunches
Cons
12 hours 3 in 3 off
6 July 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's lovely to hear that you enjoy your job and the residents so much and that you've been able to learn. Could you please give us a little more information as to why you have rated us only one star and not higher? Thank you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANCHOR TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9