Anchor Trust

Anchor Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom256 reviews
Featured review
Anchor Trust selected this as a representative review
Brilliant place to work
I have enjoulyed working here the environment is relaxed fun and the care given is brilliant every thing is done to make the residents have a better life. I would recommend this company to anybody
a very welcoming place to work
serving refreshment in the evening, assisting clients at bedtimes, night time checks,cleaning duties,laundry duties. Assisting with shower/bath and assisting with personal care in the morning.
i have done my back care,healthy and safety and fire training in my first week at being at anchor.
Shocking management
I worked as a team leader for 11 years and gave this company absolutely everything, they take but do not give. Show no appreciation for long standing loyal staff and higher management treat staff terribly. We went through five managers and countless care managers but they were also treated disgustingly
Great team and great opportunity
Do not pass this opportunity up, the job is extremely rewarding not just through salary but to actually realising you can make such a huge impact on people’s lives. The Training is second to none and is reviewed all the time. This job has been an invaluable experience both for my career and my personal life. If you do decide to take this opportunity then grab everything you can from it, as this will be so rewarding. I entered chef of the year competitions 2 years running and got to the final twice. An excellent opportunity for anyone. Don’t pass up the chance to work at this establishment.
A safe and fun place to work
Working within an anhor care home has reminded me why i came to work in the care industry to begin with. Every resident is put above all else and treated with dignity and respect
Awful uncaring place to work
Manager never in work, team leaders get away with bad practice and make you lie for them then stab you in the back and get you the sack. Some care staff are frightened of the team leader, she always gets her way. Staff swearing whilst in earshot of residents, raised voices and ignoring some residents.
Unorganised
Understaffed almost everyday. Rude management. Felt intimidated talking to managers. Unorganised house keeping no supervisor housekeepers left to decide who works where. Terrible pay for what is expected of you.
Pros
Cons
Many.
Avoid like the plague
Lovely place to work until you meet the management team. Home manager gets chef to cook her meals and spends all day in her office with her dog. Deputy manager does the same and treats office like personal wardrobe, sits around and does no care work, just slags carers/clients/client families off to team leaders.
Clients lovely, most of the staff are lovely but some are incompetent and are a danger to the clients
Team leader oak tree lodge
I’ve worked for Anchor homes in Gipton . As a team leader the stress is unbelievable at times with no support from manager or deputy . Good staff leaving and being replaced by people who are inadequate in so many ways to carry out the duty of care . Although the home was oak tree lodge it was quite apparent having spoke to staff from other homes it was very much the same across the board
Not nice place to work
Residents are nice and most od staff but senior management stinks. If you face fits you'll be ok tho. Shame cos could be really good. Pay really bad for what they expect,
Good
Good company to work for. Very supportive and really good training. I loved my time here and was sorry to leave. Staff and management were all great. Would recommend Anchor.
always different
I'm really enjoying the job, i feel there is a lot to learn still and it is always changing. The work team all seem very nice and they all work together well and help each other, its a very happy environment to work in and be part of.
Pros
nice colleagues happy place
Cons
short lunch
Great company to work for. Managers are really helpful and approachable. Staff all work as a team to give the residents the best care. It doesn’t feel like going to work it’s like being at home with an extended family. I would recommend hurst park court to anyone who is wanting to work in care.
Not a good or a bad company
Wages are poor, and they don't
Cover the cost of living, workplace isn't that bad, lack of communication is the main issue.

But there are worst places to work.
Wasted time
Management will talk to you only if they need you to cover extra shifts or if you are done something wrong. Not hello, bye or thank you. No appreciation. Through two years I had four managers. If you have any care experience please avoid. If you good in scoring brown points you will be fine.
Great and Bad Bits
One of the best Care Providers and CQC ratings made a great place to work by colleagues. A decline in culture following merger with Hanover. Director of Care very much a well known bully in organisation and knows nothing about care but nothing done.
Negitive culture of higher management
The regional support manager that covers faringdon is the worst unprofessional manager I have worked beside,she has been very judgemental and discriminatory to me as a person I will be taking this further with you as a company.
Anchor are a very good company to work for. They have good working pension benefits. The working conditions are clean and the residents are extremely
I have enjoyed working with Anchor but would like to change positions and a different setting than in a residential/nursing home. I am getting older and have thought of changing directions in the employment situation.
Fair
Anchor have a great understanding of dementia and the difference between each individual needs. Anchor are compassionate about promoting individual living within a safe environment.
Bad
Bad manager who couldn't retain staff over 20 left in 6 months. She didn't deal with staff complaints of harassment. Never enough staff to cover shifts. Arranged meeting and turned up late the whole home is a joke
Pros
Cons
Don't work for Anchor fullstop
Respectful and supportive.
I have been at Anchor for just under a year. I really love my workplace, the residents who's home I have the honour of working in their home and colleague's at home level plus my wider colleague's in support services. Everyone is very helpful and nice. I love going into work everyday and laughing with my residents and colleague's.