ANCHOR TRUST Employee Reviews

Good Qualities & Bad Qualities
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheetham Hill7 December 2017
I enjoyed working for Anchor Trust it was a productive employment however i felt that they didn't understand a person's health values and made any considerations...the care staff are brilliant to work with you can have a laugh and a joke....you have to pay for your lunch meals which i was thought was unreasonable but that's just my opinion...
Pros
Brilliant Care Staff
Cons
Bad Management, Paid Meals
Worst company I've ever worked for
Night Team Leader (former) (Former Employee) –  Hatfield house Doncaster22 November 2017
Not being able to give the residents the time and attention they deserved, there's no care in the job anymore. All anchor are bothered about is the ridiculous amount of unnecessary paperwork. Management from the ivory towers have no respect for staff that work hard, know the building and residents. The job is hard enough, I use to enjoy my job but it got to the stage I didn't want to go to work. There's no work life balance all you would get is phone call after phone call to work, work and work. The most enjoyable part of my job was going home in the morning, glad I got out.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
No life working for anchor
Fast paced/ No day is the same
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey16 November 2017
Most days can be very demanding/very fast paced. No day is the same. Working with the residents is very rewarding. Hardest part of the job can be switching off in the evening.
Overall good, does need some changes though
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry12 November 2017
It is a good company to work for. The job role can become quite challenging at times but it is really rewarding. i have learnt a lot from how to administer medication to my first aid level 3.
Pros
Mentally Rewarding, Decent Pay
Cons
Some hours are ridiculous.
Overworked, underplayed and unappreciated
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey20 October 2017
Awful company! No staff, so getting constant texts and calls when I'm off work and calls at 7am to come in and help out. Never even get a thank you. Complaints are covered up by management and not dealt with. Staff that work many hours are kept despite being rude and neglectful. Management just sit around with each other and don't come on the floor when carers are run ragged. Will employ and idiot so you dread going into work because you will probably be working with somebody totally useless. Never ever send your family member here. The carers are under fat to much stress and pressure and things get missed and not done properly.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Awful money, no staff and no benefits for working for Anchor. Any progression is non existent.
Awful company to work for
Carer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich20 October 2017
This company do not care about it's workers at all. Management is useless. The staff work so hard only to be blamed when anything goes wrong. I worked their for a year and have never seen such a badly organised and run company. Only time fully staffed was when CQC were in. We were told not to tell them what it was really like.
The staff I worked with were brilliant.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Bad managerment.
Care Home
Senior Carer and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 October 2017
Hard work
To train staff and mentor new staff
Management at the unit not always in touch with staff needs
Work place was good
Supporting the people I cared for to have a full filled life
Pros
Food good we all have the same
Cons
long hours some times poor breaks
Rubbish place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 October 2017
Worked for over a year did care work and did cleaning.most of the careers sit on bums most of the time .managment are rubbish.carers don't care about washing or feeding the old people.
Pros
Cons
All above
Very good place to work.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bidston27 September 2017
Excellent manager and a great place to work. Colleagues are all fantastic and all make you smile and laugh.
Fantastic care home, best one I've ever been to, so well maintained and looked after.
Pros
Great work colleagues.
Disgusting company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 September 2017
Worked here for a couple of months, training was very basic so didn't really learn much, management was disgusting and the other staff were rude and unhelpful and kept making errors and putting the blame on everyone else
Care staff were doing cleaners job as well as caring for residents

Horrible place to work
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not a very nice company to work for at all
Night Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hatfield house31 August 2017
I did not like working for this company over worked and never appreciated
I did meet some lovely people at the home but as a company i would not recommend to work for them
Pros
I met some nice staff
Cons
Over worked staff
Disgusting management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire29 August 2017
Organisation is full of bullies, all stick together and make staff members lives misserable! Would not work for this company if in Middlesbrough area UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE
Enjoyed it alot
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 August 2017
I loved volunteering at Anchor because the staff and the residents were such lovely people, I was always excited to go back and spend time there. I learnt how to deal with elderly with dementia and how something as simple as painting their nails meant they felt better about themselves and so did I. The staff were wonderful, bright happy people who clearly loved their job. The care home was tidy and well taken care of. The hardest part of the job was realising people would forget I was there, however it meant I could keep making new memories with them.
Bishopstoke orchard gardens
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orchard gardens21 August 2017
New management in but supportive and sorting things atmosphere more positive and turning into great place to work.long hours yes but so worth it. Please don't listen to negative comments apply and make your own mind up.
Strangled atmosphere. No appreciation.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishopstoke, Hampshire5 August 2017
Worst company ever worked for. Understaffed-teamleaders do as little as possible. No support when you need it . Carers showing disrespect towards other carers . Horrible atmosphere.
No proper shadowing. Training or induction. More agency staff than Anchor staff-of which quite often never showed up.
Carehome iis a very nice building in a lovely location in a retirement village.
Just very poorly managed. Low morale.
Pros
Many nice customers and family members
Cons
Long hours. No breaks. Expectations unfair
Management very supportive
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South East4 August 2017
I am a current employee at an Anchor care home and we are lucky with our home manager she is very supportive to both our residents needs and ours as staff. She is aware the job can be hard and gives us rewards for our hard work.
Pros
Supportive manager and lots of training
Cons
Hard work
Shockingly bad company to work for
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside3 August 2017
Was treated very poorly by Anchor. When I tried to get help I was informed (by HR at Head Office) that HR was there to support the managers and not the staff so they couldn't help me. Management is appalling and Head Office has no regard for 'lower grade' staff whatsoever. In my case ACAS best practice guidelines were not followed. Complaints dismissed rather than investigated as it was easier. Would certainly avoid. Have only rated 1 star as it wouldnt let me rate zero.
Staff need more consideration
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Grassington8 July 2017
The staff need more consideration and management needs to speak to staff better and not gonbehind staffs back if there is a problem with their work.atmosphere needs to be better
Pros
Nobe
Cons
Worst company i have ever worked for
Chef (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 July 2017
You are not made to feel worth while what so ever. Min wage paid and still having to work as hard as anyone else in there. no pay rise yet the big ceo's etc get massive bonuses etc. yet they say they're not for profit. modern day slavery and if u say u dont like well your answer is then u can leave. which shows they dont care.
Pros
people you work with.
Cons
pay, heat, management/company bosses
Waste off time to work for
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  North West23 June 2017
Management rubbish. got no say in anything running it down. No pay increases because of leaving EU not a nice company to work for. Stay away from the company
Pros
Non
Cons
No morals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANCHOR TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7