ANCHOR TRUST Employee Reviews

Great company full of opportunity
HR (Current Employee) –  London23 February 2018
Been with anchor for just over 8 months now and have enjoyed my time thoroughly. Great teamwork which is enforced by great management.

I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Great management
Activities co-ordinator
Activities Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  West Molesey, Surrey7 February 2018
You are expected to do a managers job on very little money and very little help from management. I was expected to do 2 people’s work where other anchor care homes had 2 activity coordinators with less residents. No training given at all, you are just expected to start with no guidance.

Carers are too busy to help bring residents to where the activity is and as the place is so big it takes a long time to bring 1 or 2 residents yourself. You are then blamed for not bringing enough residents to an activity and residents are left waiting while you go to bring other residents there. You are also blamed for not including all residents in activities when you go to give 1:1 manicure etc on a bed bound resident. You can’t win with this job and it is a lot more stress than it is worth.
19 February 2018

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Anchor. We are dedicated on ensuring that employees are given the best support throughout their employment. If you would like to tell me more about your experience then please do not hesitate to get in contact with me directly at: Adam.Peck@Anchor.org.uk.

Fantastic ❤️
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire31 January 2018
Love my job no matter what never had a better manager. Wouldn’t give it up for the world manager is the best ever. Thanks to her and the awesome team we have ❤️❤️😍
Pros
Good pay, free lunch, staff and residents
Cons
N/a
Atmosphere isnt friendly to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire27 January 2018
I dont find this place good to work at very unfriendly staff towards each other.They are ok to the residents but not nice to each other.Wouldnt recommend anybody to work there.
Pros
Nice to residents
Cons
Unfriendly to staff

Not for everyone
Care Assistant (Nights) (Former Employee) –  North East23 January 2018
Overall my experience working for an Anchor home in Newcastle wasn't a positive one and definitely a company I would not recommend to anyone who currently attends University as there is NO flexibility regarding shifts. Lack of staff on nights made the job very difficult when attempting to assist residents especially those who required more than one carer. Thoroughly enjoyed the job to begin with however cracks did begin to appear as time progressed. Wasn't simply just attending to the needs of residents, a lot of domestic jobs were implicated into the job role such as cleaning toilets, lounges and ensuring the laundry was done. Cannot fault a lot of the staff they have a true passion when it comes to providing adequate and correct care however, there was an apparent divide between day staff and night staff which made it awkward at times.
Pros
Some amazing staff, good pay
Cons
Long shifts, limited breaks, poor support at times
No jobs
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yateley, Hampshire19 January 2018
Applied for many jobs at anchor trust no reply nothing useless . Yateley you are useless and I hope you close . There are so many different care homes but this one appears worst
Pros
Cons
Useless hr

favoritism
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lancashire18 January 2018
i worked at an anchor residential home,and basically there were to much favoritism. And management covered each others backs,swept loads of things under the carpet.Because they did not want a bad name.

Good Pay Terrible management
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire16 January 2018
It does not matter how hard you work if management does not like you they will make sure you don't stay, no proceedures and policies are kept and no real reason given for dismissal.
The role is actually 3 job roles into 1. Id advise anyone with any talent not to bother, seniors will fear for their jobs and talk about other staff members publically. Completely unproffessional and no support given.
Pros
Hours are good
Cons
Threatened with job if over 10 seconds late on phone after break.

Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Suffolk8 January 2018
A1 good opportunity to progress though working up the ladder. Great training given. Flexible hours . Great HR team. Payed every month (26). Lots of support given to new starters.
Ok
Activities Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Horsley, Surrey3 January 2018
Ok place to work if you need a job not a place to stay as so many managers come and go and it's hard as you get used to one manager and then they leave and then you get a new one who wants to run the home complete different way to last manger and have to adjust to there way of running the home and 6 months again they leave
Pros
Cons
Managers keep changing
Great
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annesley, Nottinghamshire29 December 2017
Great working at annesley lodge but they were all ways shorr staffed team leaders not helping the carers got on really well with manager lindsey just needed a bit more support
Pros
Lovely food
Good Qualities & Bad Qualities
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheetham Hill7 December 2017
I enjoyed working for Anchor Trust it was a productive employment however i felt that they didn't understand a person's health values and made any considerations...the care staff are brilliant to work with you can have a laugh and a joke....you have to pay for your lunch meals which i was thought was unreasonable but that's just my opinion...
Pros
Brilliant Care Staff
Cons
Bad Management, Paid Meals
Worst company I've ever worked for
Night Team Leader (former) (Former Employee) –  Hatfield house Doncaster22 November 2017
Not being able to give the residents the time and attention they deserved, there's no care in the job anymore. All anchor are bothered about is the ridiculous amount of unnecessary paperwork. Management from the ivory towers have no respect for staff that work hard, know the building and residents. The job is hard enough, I use to enjoy my job but it got to the stage I didn't want to go to work. There's no work life balance all you would get is phone call after phone call to work, work and work. The most enjoyable part of my job was going home in the morning, glad I got out.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
No life working for anchor
19 February 2018

Fast paced/ No day is the same
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey16 November 2017
Most days can be very demanding/very fast paced. No day is the same. Working with the residents is very rewarding. Hardest part of the job can be switching off in the evening.
Overall good, does need some changes though
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry12 November 2017
It is a good company to work for. The job role can become quite challenging at times but it is really rewarding. i have learnt a lot from how to administer medication to my first aid level 3.
Pros
Mentally Rewarding, Decent Pay
Cons
Some hours are ridiculous.
Overworked, underplayed and unappreciated
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey20 October 2017
Awful company! No staff, so getting constant texts and calls when I'm off work and calls at 7am to come in and help out. Never even get a thank you. Complaints are covered up by management and not dealt with. Staff that work many hours are kept despite being rude and neglectful. Management just sit around with each other and don't come on the floor when carers are run ragged. Will employ and idiot so you dread going into work because you will probably be working with somebody totally useless. Never ever send your family member here. The carers are under fat to much stress and pressure and things get missed and not done properly.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Awful money, no staff and no benefits for working for Anchor. Any progression is non existent.
19 February 2018

Awful company to work for
Carer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich20 October 2017
This company do not care about it's workers at all. Management is useless. The staff work so hard only to be blamed when anything goes wrong. I worked their for a year and have never seen such a badly organised and run company. Only time fully staffed was when CQC were in. We were told not to tell them what it was really like.
The staff I worked with were brilliant.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Bad managerment.

Care Home
Senior Carer and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 October 2017
Hard work
To train staff and mentor new staff
Management at the unit not always in touch with staff needs
Work place was good
Supporting the people I cared for to have a full filled life
Pros
Food good we all have the same
Cons
long hours some times poor breaks
Very good place to work.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bidston27 September 2017
Excellent manager and a great place to work. Colleagues are all fantastic and all make you smile and laugh.
Fantastic care home, best one I've ever been to, so well maintained and looked after.
Pros
Great work colleagues.
Disgusting company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 September 2017
Worked here for a couple of months, training was very basic so didn't really learn much, management was disgusting and the other staff were rude and unhelpful and kept making errors and putting the blame on everyone else
Care staff were doing cleaners job as well as caring for residents

Horrible place to work
Pros
Good pay
19 February 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANCHOR TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.