ANCHOR TRUST Employee Reviews

Just bad!
Purchase Ledger Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bradford24 May 2018
Anchor Trust management only care about the company. As soon as my managers found out about me having depression, they wanted rid of me. I received no support and had to have a "workplace review" where I had to do the depression checklist that my Drs had already done with me. I felt like I was total exposed and my manager treated me like I was disgusting or she was putting up with me. The constant threat of reviews and meetings kept me in a constant state of stress and anxiety. If you are going to be applying for jobs there and have any mental health issues - DO NOT TELL THEM!
Pros
Salery
Cons
Treatment of mental health and uncaring managers
Fun filled and inspirational
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands16 May 2018
I love working for anchor, it comes with a sense of pride to say that I work for a company that supports the customers to live the best they can. It is a demanding job, but well worth every second of it I wouldnt leave Godiva.
Pros
Supporting customers
Cons
Lots of training
Best move i ever made
Worker (Current Employee) –  West hall12 May 2018
I joined Anchor Trust at West Hall last July and without doubt its the best move I ever made. My colleagues are great to work with and I love being around the residents as there is never a dull moment. My future is Anchors assurance that you progress at your own speed and you do the job that is suitable for you but the progression is there if you want it. Anchor shopping benefits are great I've saved so much money, most recently on a new oven after our old one gave up. Can't recommend Anchor enoigh.
great
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Morecambe1 May 2018
this is a good fair company to work for however there are some things that the higher management could learn some things.

the hours and good and the pay is adequate
Love my job
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire27 April 2018
Work at Prior Bank Sheffield lovely home and residents. Supportive managers who have turned the home round. Happy place to work. Nice district manager. Good activities in the home.
Pros
Lovely home
Prior Bank - DONT
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield26 April 2018
Staff follow unsafe practices and managment don`t provide support , a blame culture exists; staff do the best they can with limited resources.

Team Leaders are good however managment leave a lot to be desired for.
Pros
Training on site is good, Free meals on doubles
Cons
Long hours, Appalling management, Unsafe
Anchor are more concerned with making money than looking after residents and staff
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 April 2018
The poor pay is bad enough but that new staff don't get any enhancement for working bank holidays is disgusting. You end up with 2 people working together doing the same job on different levels of pay. And why? Because of Anchors greed. Because of things like this and the way staff are treated and ignored staff turnover is massive despite them taking anyone who walks through the door no matter how obvious it is they are unsuited.
Care work is a wonderful and rewarding job it's just a shame that companies seem determined to make as much profit as possible out of it. And Anchor claim to be a charity.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Low pay. No sick pay.
Bad managment, no HR support
Head Chef and Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 April 2018
No managment support at all, unsupportive and difficult care staff, ridiculous workload, no maintenance support, difficult to use and impracticle computer system. terrible food suppliers, You think you are managing kitchen staff but in reality they do what they want, they rewrite rotas and take holidays when they want without any confirmation from kitchen manager, and if you challenge the kitchen assistants you find your self getting accused of bullying, They totally refuse to support the chef on duty, and chefs are pushed to breaking point.
Pros
Cons
no support
great company to work for, future thinking, proactive in elderly care
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire13 April 2018
Anchor trust offers a wide range of job opportunities and cares for the wellbeing of its staff. Very competitive pay scales. Lots of training provided. Access to lots of interesting and fun activities across the company.
Pros
Happy Teams, Great Pay Rates
Cons
long hours on full time but customers benefit from minimal staff changovers
Anchor dont care about the staff
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Bishopstoke, Hampshire5 April 2018
not sure your job will be safe alot of staff laid off now i have work split shifts every day on my own without break.

everyone who work here is looking for another job to escape so dont come and work here you will want to leave.

lots of backstabbing and lots of staff get bullied.

new supervisors dont give any support dont know what theyre doing they dont have any proper skills.

horrible atmosphere no progression and you sometime have to work without a break. and you cant drink the water here it is dangerous to drink.

too many cutbacks and not enough staff so you have horrible time on your shift.

no car parking for my car so i have to find another job so i can park my car.
Pros
dirty water
Cons
cant park my car
Terrible treatment
Staff (Current Employee) –  Bishopstoke, Hampshire30 March 2018
I worked here for nearly 2 years and things were brilliant until recently. Sadly some good staff had to leave through redundancies. Treatment was unforgivable to those being forced to leave, Anchor should be publicly shamed in the media for how they have treated the staff. Staff kept in dark about problems and only given a couple of days notice to leave it’s disgusting. Don’t rely on a lifetime career here they cannot afford to pay the staff.
Pros
Used to be great
Cons
They are not making enough money to pay staff
Good residents
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Arneway Street29 March 2018
Good staff, I worked there for 5 years and still remain there full time . love the residents,I get along with my colleges.Staff are friendly , safe and secure environment
Good pay and nice staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Godstone, Surrey25 March 2018
It had a very nice atmosphere with nice staff and residents. The company was quite good the pay was extremely good, however didn't get the correct training I needed so was limited
Pros
Free lunches
Stay Clear
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bishopstoke, Hampshire24 March 2018
This was supposed to be the Flagship property for Anchor but its turned out to be a nightmare.Its only been open 2 years, the care home has already seen 4 managers come and go and the main village doesn’t seem to be selling any properties.
There is absolutely no parking for staff, this place is supposed to house nearly 400 people and it only has about 10 visitor parking spaces which staff can’t use, i don’t understand how its even legal not to have any parking. The main purpose of the company is to provide care, but the staff can’t drive to get here ! You need to get a bus then walk a half hour to get here. Not very safe if you work late shifts.
There is a tiny staff room with no windows, which isn’t very relaxing after your long walk to work. Loads of staff just been made redundant and those left behind cannot cope and feel desperate to leave. All the good managers gone and theyve been replaced with lower paid underqualified managers. Some of the managers in tight cliques which causes a lack of teamwork, those exclused do the hard work with very little support.
Take my advice and find somewhere else to work, unless you enjoy a long hike to work.
Pros
Cons
Lots of Redundancies
good hourly rate
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Sussex22 March 2018
staff arrived after 2015 do not get paide extra pay for bank holidays and boxing day which is unfair as old staff get this paide.

management are ok but could be improved within the home to he smooth running of the home.

could be given better handovers or even being involved in handover.

home is nice
residents are lovley.

lots activities going on within the home. treated well with selection of menus and drinks and snacks to choose from.
like idea of postman delivering to each flat.

work short shifts shame don't do long days

training for company only get paide shift not the traveling time
Pros
close to where live
Cons
no extra bank holiday, boxing pay
Horrible place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  North East22 March 2018
I work in a residential care home it was a horrible place to work I will admit when I started it was lovely and people couldn’t have been much nicer but once settled in people were horrid management in the home was awful no rules or regulations were kept mistakes were all getting swept under the carpet management covered there own backs time and time again wrong medicines getting given out and management covering them up
They have no time managmemt and very unorganised within the home
I for one would not but one of my loved ones into any anchor carehome
They are a disgrace of a company
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Awful management always covering there mistakes up
Shamefully bad
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire19 March 2018
I worked at dearne hall in Rotherham for 5 and a half years as chef/ manager, it was the best job I have ever had until around a year ago anchor took over from ideal care homes.
The home went from something that was a great place to live and work to something awful. I don't feel that the ethics of this company are right in respect to care for the elderly. Don't get me wrong the carers there are fantastic and REALLY care but that comes from ideal care and not anchor. Me as chef had no time to do the things I needed to for my residents as the pressure put on the kitchen was horrendous, even after highlighting this to management nothing was done, no one listens !!! If your considering a career with them go in with your eyes wide open as this is NOT a good company to work for and needs a full overview of their management and approach to care. I really hope something gets done to relieve the stress on the staff as 90% of them I have spoken to want to leave. Please anchor take a step back and 're evaluate your priorities then you might get staff that actually want to come and work for you and stay
Pros
Met some great carers
Cons
The rest
poor place to work
Manager(sheltered accomodation) (Former Employee) –  North East13 March 2018
appalling training. bad wages, no decent benefits, useless backupsystems., computor systems are bad and not user friendly, trying to get overtime is bad and the company expects you to work addit hours for nothing,lieu time is preferred but then its impossible to take
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Horrendous experience.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  West Midlands12 March 2018
As a dedicated and loyal worker, I was looking forward to a long career with Anchor. Unfortunately, all the good people leave because they get put upon and the bullies move in. Senior management don't care if you are one of the good ones-you are just a commodity. As for the way I was treated when I left, well, I've never experienced anything like the arrogance and bullying I received, especially from one of the district manager s that I had only met twice briefly. There is NO support for staff. I only wish I could print what I really wanted to tell you. You would be appalled. Apply elsewhere, trust me.
Cons
Everythung
No career progression
Location manager (Current Employee) –  Midlands12 March 2018
Worked as a Scheme Manager for 2 years. My team were friendly and supportive but there is no room for growth. There are shadowing and training opps but these are no where near where some of the locations are. I am now seeking alternative employment where there really is progression... not just for staff in the head office in Bradford.
Pros
Supportive colleagues
Cons
No progession

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANCHOR TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9