Amplifon

Hearing Aid Dispenser2 reviews
United Kingdom2 reviews
positive work life, understanding

friendly atmosphere

great place to learn about hearing and helpful people

changes pattern of operation quite often
I have been working for Amplifon for five years. In that short time, I have experienced four Directors/GMs of the UK. (Nothing says ‘instability’ like frequent changes at the top…).

The first was focused on staff-wellbeing; a work-hard play-hard approach, they promoted frequent mixing with staff of all tiers from across the UK, exceptional Christmas parties etc. Each dispenser could arrange their diaries as they pleased so long as they were happy and productive.

The next director was an audiologist themselves, so our clinical excellence sky-rocketed and we implemented scientific techniques that weren’t taught before.

The third was interested in psychology of selling, persuasion etc.

The current director has none of these positive traits. They do not see staff as people, or experts, but as robots that are expected to work overtime unpaid, that currently are meant to do a two-person job without any time to learn the second role, or time to even accommodate that role.

They have implemented a pay cut (without proper legal consultation) so extreme that the majority of dispensers have lost a third of their wages (equating to over £1,000 per month), and more experienced hearing aid dispensers have lost nearly half of their annual income. Although you’re not paid for your thirty minute lunch break, you’re expected to work through it or attended video meetings, usually hosted by a false friend who takes pleasure in embarrassing you by demanding an explanation as to why you haven't hit another preposterous target. Admin time is not permitted. Time to complete your legally
 - more...
Pros
The pen is quite exceptional.
Cons
Expected to work overtime unpaid "to meet business demands", Belittling meetings, Low morale, The stress of the job is not worth the meagre pay.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amplifon?