Amplifon

Amplifon Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews
As the salary for this job is mainly commission based, the job can be stressful and monthly targets are required to be met. Company car was a perc of the job.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Stressful, target and commision based
I was a receptionist here and honestly the amount of work isnt too stressful and it was quite an even work flow. Its a good first office job, its relaxed but there is work to do. Its nice to chat with clients and advised them on some of there less important problems. I enjoy talking to the veterans that come in a share old stories of when they were in the war and making sure that everyone that leaves is happy with my service.
I wouldn't recumbent working for this company. There's so much to the job, you only get two days to learn it all. I found that I was pushed into a pool before learning to swim when I started, when I need help I found that other members of staff were not helpful/ willing to help.
The pits of a company, terrible trust and communication,awful HR and training.So cut throat change of management like a revolving door more head chopping than an 80 s horror movie Or an Italian mafiosa movie although head office is Milan not Scicily arriverderci ,Seriously avoid like the corona virus.
Worst management I have ever seen, pay cuts some colleagues ranging from a few thousand a year to over 60 thousand a year in pay cuts people have families to support.
Sales targets are permanently moving goalposts you never have control of your wages and can be altered every 3 months. Targets designed to begin achievable and cap wages. Austerity. Staff are sick to death of management and company cost cutting measures. Very low morale in company. Demoralised staff, stressed, worried, scared,bullied, threatened, manipulated, conned. Don’t work for amplifon if you value your sanity and your bank balance .
Utter obsession with the reporting cycle from management. Want to take the last week of June off for a family holiday? No, because it’s the last week of the quarter. What about the second week in May? No, because 2 other dispensers 60 miles away have got in before you. But, you will need to work every Saturday in December because you are not a medical professional but simply a retailer. Currently trying to reduce our earnings by a huge percentage. Avoid for tour own peace of mind
Terrible management with no clue how to manage an audiology business, theres a reason the company has NEVER come close to making profit. Treat staff depending on how it suits them. Terrible pay as an audiologist and new contract is even worse, then try and make like its a great deal when we are all due a paycut and because it isn't contracted they can change it whenever.
Heirarchy is bizzare and makes no sense. Branches bleed and make no money. Lack of progression. High turnover of staff including CEOs and management clear indicator of where this company is headed.
Amplifon UK is bring decimated by awful huge pay cuts across all UK audiologists. It does not matter how successful you are you will be targeted with pay cuts, in fact the more successful you are the larger the pay cut will be... Which is backwards. It is stressful, demoralising, uncaring. It is an awful way to run a company and to treat people. The worst. This will reduce people’s wages by tens of thousands a year
Dedicated audiologist who are currently being treated like rubbish by the management. Forcing them to take a pay cut or lose there jobs. Staff are brilliant nut management have made awful decisions and keep blaming branches for it
If I could have given zero stars I would. Amplifon has given me by far the worst employment experience in 30 years. Quality and structure of management is appalling - everyone is so focused on making a name for themselves that they can't see the wood for the trees! Poor understanding of Commercial Audiology,poor marketing, overbearing micro management of company based protocol. Audiologists are completely undervalued as a resource - hence high staff turnover - leading to inconsistency to customers.
If you want a worthwhile long term career in commercial Audiology - avoid!
Cons
Very successful company, led by brilliant individuals. Result driven culture leading to significant level of stress, but good rewards and recognitions
Awful branch to work for. The Manager is a bully.No flexibility if you have children. Talks down to you, shouts even in front of customers she belittles you. Not a nice branch to work
Cons
As above
positive work life, understanding

friendly atmosphere

great place to learn about hearing and helpful people

changes pattern of operation quite often
Very good company to work for. You are asked to deliver quite a lot, but support is available and given freely. From managing diaries, database dealing with customers and various other tasks, your day is very full. Unfortunately wages are lower than i would expect for this level of commitment.
Pros
Good head office support
Cons
Lower wages
Expect too much from they employers and don't give too much back
some of the managers aren't at the work place when they are need it and the district manager is not very realistic on how try old people
Pros
nice clients
Cons
long hours no enough pay extremely old softwaer
Very quiet branch not busy or fast paced enough for me
Shared the building with another company

Got to meet some lovely people in my time there
I have done more on the computer and I have had alot more dealing with people (clients). I have alot of respect for my bosses and the hardest part of the job is saying I can not help help and I try to hardest to do the job to the best of my ability.
Loyal and hard working individuals.
Family focusing focusing employers.