Amey Employee Reviews

United Kingdom207 reviews
The management is the worst, very unorganised. Love the job, employees and the staff at school. I wouldnt reccomend, too much pressure and work load for 3hrs 15min. The amount of new staff we get and then decide to leave not long after is ridiculous. We tell management things but they never listen. Manager and supervisor dont like helping us just gets dumped on cleaners. Use old cleaners to do covering to save themselves or company money.
Pros
Decent holidays
Cons
Stressful too much work load in the hours
Absolutely hated working here. Management is very bad, there is little to no training, the software does not work properly and you're treated badly and get spoken to as if you are nothing. High staff turnover probably due to the nasty environment and constant criticism. The stress of this place is not worth it, please do not waste your time.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Amey is a great company to work for would recommend to friends and anybody interested the people that work there are motivated to get things done in a manner that is safe
Cons
long hrs
good place to work paid on time all ppe and tools supplied where needed good communication from management employee benefits good generally
good all-round
No real progression, different salaries for the same job role. Is quite relaxed working place basically no one is bothered and that’s the issue. It is a good company to work for health and safety wise you’re never put in harms way, but it quite long winded to get training and the main thing is the salary’s aren’t the same and I mean 5-6 grand different.
My career at Amey was mostly excellent, however one Line manager who came into the company , recruited friends who did not meet the job criteria and were treated with kid glove, throughout her tenure.
Left to run with your own projects from handover to delivery to completion. All relevant / required training given.
Good Health Safety &Environmental culture
Management dont utilize the men properly and the planning of work is here there and everywhere, good salary earnings, not much chance to progress, training is ok and it's a face fits culture.
I tupe'd to Amey when they took over a contract, I literally hated every minute I worked at Amey, a combination of terrible management, asked to do 5 "near misses a week" but they couldn't be real incidents, horrible culture, lying , using trackers on vehicles to spy on people, just shocking don't know how anyone stays there!
They don't like folk who can think for themselves, management perhaps should actually have experienced the job first, or atleast have an idea how to manage
General document controller, managing the in and out flow of documents that come in for the project, downloading and uploading of document on the EDMS,create and distributing document to my project manager and clients.quality check documents against the transmittal making sure they pass document controll procedure before i accept and workflow documents to my project manager.
Hours are suitable for my needs. Fantastic pay. Very fair employers.
I love the job and the environment and the people that I work with.

I would recommend the company.

I am surprised that the Job Centres haven't picked this up especially with the part time hours.
The office in Speke has a culture of poor management who speak down to the Helpdesk, they are a gang bullies who have no respect or care for the staff at all. They hire and fire with impunity, they have an inability to see beyond their wage packets.
The attitude of some of the staff to the Ghurka Regiment is downright ignorant and racist. The training is abysmal and disjointed.
Do not provide workers with any support or understanding their needs.The communication between staff and management was very poor. The constant change of managers affected the stability of employees.
Managers target the faster more result driven workers often sacking them without proper notice they will tell you you have four weeks notice before letting you go however let you go with nothing but a weeks notice especially if your Targets are meeting or exceeding their close friends etc in the business as they will sack people to ensure their lower production rate friends survive and keep a place to drain the company and government of their funds when they aren't needed Some staff will have worked 3-8 years without meeting the minimal Goals and statistics however people absolutely crushing goals and achieving more than they should do will be let go.
Furthermore lots of racial abuse from staff onsite over the phones and to other staff, Not a very diverse workplace lots of racial abuse after the phonecalls end with specifically the Gurkha Regiment of the armed forces slang used commonly in the office is absolutely disgraceful anyone with real morals would not be able to work their for longer than 6 months without becoming depressed with the lack of care within the workplace for customers I.e Armed forces members.
Unfortunately there is a culture of fear and oppression, coupled with extreme peer group egos. There was a lack of structured training and a lack of management support.
It's a fast paced work environment fare pay. Also some good perks for working for the company. You obviously float into a pension and you get life insurance while working here too.
its okay the could be a few changes to the pay within the company. the management team are always there to help you when ever you need it though. just the pay is poor
Overall the job itself was amazing but unfortunately the company ruins it and every employee they take on people who worked the same job for years left shortly after amey took over tbey run the depot into the ground with poor management skills and a lack of Structure
Extremely health and safety cautious which can only be good and overall good company,they supply all good proper ppe.all senior staff are pleasant and helpful.
I resigned after 14 years in a managerial position.
My days consisted of chasing accounts on a daily basis to pay vendors so we could continue to function. amey are usually on 'Stop' due to not paying the bills.

constant turn over of management usually with no experience.

constant changing of systems and procedures, for no apparent reason then followed by training courses because no one was aware of said changes