Amey Plc Employee Reviews

Refuse worker
refuse loader (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria6 December 2018
Hard work, rubbish minimum wage pay.. supervisers and management don't manage, they resolve nothing and let lazy People off all the time, whilst the honest, hard workers get the hardest and worst jobs.. different contracts and pay given out for exactly the same work!! Everyone gets an attendance allowance apart from 3 of us, absolute joke of a company!!

Now they are taking away all overtime so we can't make our rubbish wages up!!

AVOID!!!
Pros
None!
Cons
too many to list.. mainly everyone is damaged in some way or other from the extremely hard work!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire6 December 2018
Difficult situation due to issues with the client. Most colleagues were very focused on delivering a good service to the client. Some issues with a public sector attitude carried forward.
Productive challenging work
DG5 Legal Compliance (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield4 December 2018
Working at Amey has taught me valuable skills in research, organisation and has developed my interpersonal skills. It has developed my ability to negotiate with clients and contractors.
Awful greenford depot
Refuse Collector (Former Employee) –  London24 November 2018
Useless managers don't give you work then treat you like dirt

Absolutely use no respect and act like you are not turning up to work..

Jokes about community (Traveling community)
Which I am a proud traveling man and disregard for people and there beliefs and identity..
Not for me
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 November 2018
Management taking over time aswel as doing call outs, you need to be apart of the mafia to get some,

Preach health and safety, and then when you do it the safe way, they're constantly on your backs asking why you didn't do as many jobs.

Every one is on different pay rates, depends if your face fits.

Working on handsets, constant aggro from the planners ringing up every 40 minutes.
Pros
Better than the dole
Amey plc
Highways supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bishops Waltham, Hampshire8 November 2018
Very good company to work for lots of benifits included

Company car and good salary

Enjoyed my time there worked winter maintenance which also added extra salary to wages
help and technical support
Meter Installer (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 November 2018
having joined the company back in 2016 it has been very reassuring that i have the technical support to make me feel that i can learn and grow as i move forward in my career. its disappointing to see so many ex employees give negative feedback regarding the management and the company . most of the comments in my opinion are from ex employees who either had failings in their attitude or work which is in my opinion sour grapes . its also sad to see that these people post negative comments about everything . yes there are improvements that need doing but thats the same all over . very easy to give negative comments but hard to praise when its due . i for one have been in the industry for more than 6 years and have had it tough believe me but the level of support is of the highest standard which gives me confidence that what i am told wont put me in danger . happy employee
Pros
technical support first class/ treated like family
Cons
paperwork handheld commissioning ex employees moaning
Worst place I have worked in my like
Smart Meter Engineer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 November 2018
Where can you start?
Organization is dreadful from top to bottom.
Operations manager employed his brother and his mates and relatives all as managers and it's was just the blind leading the blind. No idea how to talk to/treat people and in turn have a workforce that do not respect them. Morale always low with engineers who are all constantly looking to move to other metering companies, understandably so.
Avoid at all costs!
Pros
None worth mentioning
Diverse, fun environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Preston31 October 2018
the role at Amey was very diverse, from software development to data migration and infrastructure relocation.

My skills were greatly improved and I was able to understand fully the importance of good communication between teams when working towards the overall success of a complex project
Found it difficult
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow24 October 2018
Didnt really enjoy my time at schools to be honest i was out my comfort zone , the early starts were ok but it was going home during school hours then back to work again aftee school finished just wasnt for me at all but i needed work so had to soldier through
Pros
Not many to be honest
Cons
The stop start way of work wasnt for me

Want to know more about Amey Plc?

Ask a question
Ok place to work
Refuse Collector (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands23 October 2018
Early morning starts, mid-afternoon finishes. Lots of walking involved, but the lads were good to work with. Depending on what area you are on, work can be quite easy.
Don't do it!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  whitehall8 October 2018
A typical day just never happened , if you only got to work in the position you were down for for the day then you were lucky, Amey seem to have a staff retention issue, so we were constantly understaffed, and training new staff . I loved the actual job and was there for 12 1/2 years but in the end the bad attitude of managers chased me out. There was no trust at all and everything was micro managed which is stifling, and causes lack of motivation in the staff who despite what management think did know what they were doing.
It is sad to see by today's standards that the "if your face fits" scenario is still very much at work. All goes well if and I mean if you agree with whatever you are told, as soon as you speak out or DARE to say no , then well that's it, you will be forever and a day be labelled as a troublemaker.
I cant say for every Amey site but I know for sure where I was, 1 person, is, was and will always be the reason so many of my colleagues and myself left,and will continue to leave, management have been told but choose to point blank ignore this, which in it's self is very sad and must be costing the company a fortune in the costing which goes into employing new staff.In the last 4 years of my employment, there were 29 leavers from a team of about 26, even the new staff were leaving after a few months.I find it very difficult to understand how no one from Head Office has picked up on this and seem to be blind to it.
I would suggest maybe putting in a whistle blower from Head office to see the real picture and not the story they are being told,but not telling
  more... anyone and I do mean ANYONE in the contract why they are there, as I can foresee Amey losing the contract and it will be a big loss.  less
Cons
Bad management
Liers and sacrifice your safety for hours
Highway Maintenance foreman (Former Employee) –  Sandwich/ faced sham/ ashford5 October 2018
I worked for amey carrying out highway repairs and gritting. They would preach health and safety until you put it in to practice and then you would be threatened with discipline action. Gritting hours was all over the place and no set stand down hours so could work 8 hours in the day then grit for 3 hours and then back in at 4 in the morning to grit and then work again. The management moved the goal post to suit there needs and would use disciplinary action as a threat tho try to intimidate people to do jobs and work unsafe. Some depot managers had no people skills and would even say things that was very close to the mark about family and flirting with client and staff constantly. Very unprofessional company and no idea how to talk to people. The staff promise the world and then change it once the job is done. Never any overtime like I was told and if you done gritting there was all talk of what your get and bonus etc and never got anything
Pros
Cons
Loads
Fun workplace
Customer Service- Helpdesk Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool4 October 2018
really enjoyed my time working for this company , met many friends who still in contact with, would definitely recommend people to work here. Feels like you are part of a family there.
Pros
young vibrant atmosphere
Cons
working weekends
Worst Place I’ve ever worked - Avoid!
Smart Meter Engineer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow23 September 2018
Avoid like the plague, false promises all the time.
They don’t pay your wages correctly and withhold travel expenses and mentoring money/ bonus money etc.
Management is the worst I have ever experienced, no structure and no issues get addressed.
Management in Scotland are all family members so if they want you out the door they’ll do so no problem at all.
I now work for Siemens fitting smart meters & its night and day, my current company actually care about their staff.
Avoid avoid avoid!!!
Pros
Cons
Where do I start
Phoenix rising from the ashes.
Head of Commercial (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 August 2018
The business has suffered through the recent recession and has reshaped for the future. The impact of this reshape may take some years to add value to the operation and profitability of the company.
Enjoyable
bin man (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands19 July 2018
I have worked for Solihull council for 10 years and.I have enjoyed my working experience here but I feel the time to move onto new experience. I have learnt a lot from working at amey and through here I have a good attendance and never have sick time off.
Pros
Early finishes
Cons
Not great pay
Established and reputable engineering business
Production Manager (Pre-Assembly) (Current Employee) –  Swindon18 July 2018
A very well organised, committed and well led business that has become more visible to the public eye due to recent acquisitions and contract wins.

The future is very bright for Amey PLC.
Good colleagues to work with.Very experienced
Workshop/Sign-shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside25 June 2018
Would have liked to progress further with amey but decided to look at other possibilities in the market place.I felt there was not enough scope to have a productive input to project devoplment
Pros
Company car/fuel.Reasonable salary
Cons
Management team not open to input of experienced personel
Good Company to work for
Driver class 2 (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 June 2018
I worked at Manchester depot. I only worked there for a few months as I have a H.I.A.B and left to go somewhere else.They have a new fleet of bin wagons and they are good to drive, the depot is brand new and a lot better than some I have worked in. The lads I worked with were great, the odd one moaned but you get that anywhere you work. There was a Supervisor there who was sound and gave me the job and wished me all the best when I left. I have worked for different company's since I passed my H.G.V. 10 years ago and these weren't the worst. The pays not bad, not the best but I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Company schemes