Amey Plc

Amey Plc Employee Reviews

United Kingdom205 reviews
fast paced but too much expected
ive been with amey for a little while and i would not reccomend working at the company. staff are pushed to limits with a understaffed team if you are looking to start a career in it and have no other option try it out otherwise avoid and keep looking
Enjoy working for Amey
Enjoy working for Amey. Managers are good. Parking on site. Amey has benefits which are really good like cycling to work schemes etc. People are really friendly
God awful place to work
Bullies from top to bottom the less work people done the more they were thought off a living hellish place to work management corupt and couldent care less as long as you got job done
Awful - avoid like the plague!
Management by bullying - no interest in people management and only interested in own self-improvement. Not interested in work/life balance. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Stressul work environment
If you would like to experience the atmosphere of stress, the place where people are pushed close to the breaking point by the management and sign off sick with stress more frequently than with flu, while being just just above the minimum wage, then look no further!
Off course you can’t apply this to every department, as Amey is a vast company, but it also suffers with the syndrome of big company where the rules override common sense and innovations are buried simply because they don’t fit into business structure. Very poor salaries and minimal salary increase.
You are just a number
Your no told anything to do with your job you have to find it all out yourself and you are just a number to them as soon as they dont think they need you your out so no job Security
Work life balance
Project manager on STW mains renewal contract fast paced position with a large program of work to deliver great place to work flexible with good amount of benefits .
Dont work here
I worked for amey as a team leader in Northampton and it was the worst working experience I have ever had, it took up to 3 months to actually get payed the correct amount the management were beyond a joke, never wanted to help or back a decision never got the right amount of staff and treated staff just like numbers absolutely disgraceful.
Dont work here!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amey Plc?
Zero management interaction
Just don’t work for these morons....absolutely no management help but you will be absolutely crucified if anything goes wrong....pressurised into for filling tasks with minimal instruction ....money is good but for what balance...
no don't work here . avoid !
cleaning Bristol.
would not recommend to work here the company would rather employ someone who doesn't want to work (sits around doing nothing) bulliying people to do work for them . aka.... supervisors....

i thought one of my supervisors suffered from tourrets spoke to managment and they sacked me for speaking up and telling them i dont like to be bullied into doing 2 jobs in the same amount of time given to 1.

very rude arrogent staff always swearing and talking behind peoples backs and talking to people in a condesending mannor!

worst place i have ever worked at ... AVOID AVOID AVOID!
Management are inept, selfish, robots
Amey do not care about there staff what so ever. Do not allow for human error or staff morale. Dont care about someones personal issues orcwhat they are going through and will screw you over at the first opportunity.
Keep looking for a job.
For the pay Amey expect alot from their employees. Training is at a minimum. If you don't get a good team you will struggle.
Fast paced, little training and hard to fit in .

High staff turnover. Lots of agency staff who stay for a few weeks then go.
Amey was a very good company to work for
Amey was a good company to work for but a shame when it was taking over by new management. The old management I was working with was brilliant and they put their staff first especially if you were working hard. Shame when the new management took over they were looking out for themselves and their friend. I miss working for Amey especially working on project Tri.Borough
Good job, bad management
The senior managment at contract level dont really know what they are doing, if your bad at your job you get a promotion if your good at your job you get asked to do more but get nothing in return.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay for the job
Bad place to work
I worked on the water mains renewal scheme from the shifnal depot.the project managers are like headless chickens, and have no direction or organisation, yet when things go wrong, it's the watermans fault always.they preach health and safety, yet fail in every way. Keep well away, as this place is going under 100%

a waterman, then give it a miss, as you will be miserable as you've ever been in your life.mangement are not the greatest at this place. There are some good lads, and 1 project manager who's ok, the other one, who's probably the most two faced bloke that I've ever encountered in my working life, is one to 100% avoid. The grey boxes are rife on site, and failed fusion welds are a regular occurrence with dodgy gangs. All in all, I'd rather be unemployed than work at this place ever again.
Pros
long hours, bad pay, no respect, no trust
Cons
All the above, and more
Good place to learn and gain experience in specific skills
Good people, good culture. A few managers were discriminative and were not fair in their judgements. Workplace was good and good work life balance. Opportunities for these managers to improve.
Brilliant teams, great mental health awareness
I worked for Amey via Hays agency on a temporary contract, splitting my time between Stafford Head Office and Stone Depot.

I initially struggled with the commute to Stafford (from Stoke) due to family commitments. My Manager was hugely understanding and went out of her way to help overcome this. I was initially offered more flexible hours, and then later given the opportunity to work at the highways depot closer to home (which transformed my work/ life balance and massively reduced stress).

Stafford HQ is a lovely modern building, and the team always very welcoming. My colleagues there were always very kind and helpful.

The Stone depot is an older building and rough round the edges aesthetically, but I absolutely loved it. This attributed largely to the fantastic team working there. It is a melting pot of hot desking Managers from around the county, and the highways ground team. I can honestly say that I haven't worked anywhere in years that has a group of people with such great and heartwarming comradery. Right through from the senior managers to the cleaner, everyone was well respected and equal.

I was also warmed by the high level of mental health awareness within Amey. This both at HQ and the Depot. Whilst temping there I was diagnosed with Autism, which was daunting - but at every stage, and a few tears on my part, I was treated with complete dignity by my Manager. With such a life changing diagnosis, the level of support I received made such a massive difference to how I managed it. I also witnessed this dignity and support provided to others who were suffering
 - more...
Amey
Productive place to work, with friendly Colleague's excellent management
the most enjoyment is meeting new people every day, and different Cultures.

the hardest part is when were short staffed, but we keep smiling
standard
worked for Amey for a while on the water network and to be honest i found them a decent outfit, the only thing i found was sometimes if time sheets were not received or misplaced they would pay mid month with higher rate tax
Pros
long hours if wanted
Nice casual work
It’s a nice place to work as loader however the management is really not good on a depot base. Pay is not a lot but generally nice work environment and colleagues.
ok when you fit in
expect after hrs work and hard chasing up overtime . management is not brill . A manager there is immoderate and being in the army thinks he is highly pretentious or an officer with the younger lads . This manager spoilt it for many . He couldnt even solder a pipe on the patch
Pros
when you are settled you could progress
Cons
long hrs