American Express Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falmer25 April 2016
Enjoyable place to work, not enough hours to work for little pay. Customer service is easy and enjoyable. Hardest part of the job would have to be committing to the ever changing hours/days of work.
Interesting workplace
Credit analyst (Former Employee) –  London19 April 2016
Stock the souvenir shop
Prepare the float for the admissions desk
Sort out daily rotas
Book in school party
Book evening corporate events
Pros
Interesting place of work
Cons
underground
Business & Leisure Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 March 2016
My time at Amex can only be summarised as fantastic. No two days were the same. Faced many challenging itineraries and also straight forward holidays too. I enjoyed dealing with customers face to face and over the telephone. Managed business travel bookings and leisure travel.

I was always learning and I enjoyed the development opportunities.
Pros
Lots of travel related events
okay
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton29 February 2016
american express was ok. the job description was different to the actual job role. american express sounds like a really good company to work for but only if your on a high salary band otherwise its just a normal company.
Pros
they has subsidised costa coffee
Cons
shift hours
Fabulous Role, Varied and Flexable Working.
Finance System Analyst / Corporate Planning (Former Employee) –  Brighton/Burgess Hill17 February 2016
A typical day would be to review and make contact with Customers to investigate incoming queries and investigate finance discrepancies. Those being either manual errors or system generated issues within the TM1 / Oracle systems or issues with the Citrix Server environment. I enjoy problem solving, organization and interaction side of my previous role.. Every day was always very different and can be particularly demanding with many queries coming in from all over the world. Prioritizing each issue was vital to ensure all items could be resolved as soon as possible. It was a great Job and we would support all of our users out of UK hours she that be required.
Pros
Flexability of Work hours.
Cons
Extreamly busy during planning and Forecasting Cycles
Nice people, customer focussed company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton16 February 2016
Great place to work for with inspiring leaders. Work / life balance is good although depends whether the job is one of global scope or not.
Great Work Life balance
Senior Manager, Global Merchant Services (Current Employee) –  London, ENG30 November 2015
Amazing culture and a family environment. However, highly political at times which is expected of a global giant like American Express. Flexible working & freedom to try new things.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor talent management
American Express
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG4 November 2015
The best company I have ever worked for. Excellent core values and work ethics. They constantly strive to grow and develop their employees and make the work-life balance healthy.
Pros
Flexible hours and location.
Business Travel
Business Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Swindon2 November 2015
Fast pace, travel consultancy job, quick turn around of business travel clients, loved working here but travel isn't the way forward for me now.
it was fun
Bar Person (Former Employee) –  falmer19 October 2015
a few hours work
ive learned how to deal with customers and pull points.
the management was good.
the co workers was good work with.
the hardest part was was finding the celler witch was all the way down stairs.
is working behind the bar
Pros
got lunch breaks
Cons
It´s an excellent company that I value.
Customer Care Professional – Establishments (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ENG12 October 2015
In this company I worked for almost four years and it has become my second home. A typical day at work, you can have a lot of work and pressure, but we can always give a break to tell a joke and de-stress. What I learned, you always learn something new, there is much to learn from people with whom you live with all around you and your leaders. The management / management is always looking to give the best to its people. The hardest part of the job is now, having to leave. The part I like most about the job is the relationship with colleagues, enthusiasm and learning I've been me.
Pros
Very good performance and flexibility of time
Cons
Work under constant stress and not being recognized on many occasions
A brand of success
Marketing Media and Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  london29 September 2015
- The clients involved;
I maintained a first class relationship with airport management at CEO and VP of Marketing level. I increased Amex visibility throughout all airports in Europe and carried out a thorough marketing analysis. I created co-marketing campaigns with airport parking companies, Duty Free, restaurants and shops.
- My personal revenue responsibilities during these engagements;
I developed with AMEX a new Rewards Initiative for AMEX customers to encourage and increase card use within airports. I provided reports to AMEX VP Marketing with full access to and support from AMEX Sales, Marketing and Media teams. I was the sole responsible for the American Express –Alitalia credit cards, P.R., Business Development, Marketing and Sales executive.
I pruposed, designed and implemented a new sales campaign. Profit margin around 25%.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working aytime
Amex strive hard to care for their staff
Travel Quality Analyst Centurion Card (Former Employee) –  Brighton24 September 2015
American Express give you the tools to do the job and expect you to work hard. The call centre is a very busy atmosphere and one was expected to receive a lot of calls per hour; some queries were complex and required much research so it was frustrating that you weren't always given the time required to fulfil the travel query fully.
Benefits were extensive and a big pro was being taken on fam trips to hotels/cities in order to fill gaps in your knowledge.
Pros
Management fostered good teamwork in a busy workplace
Cons
unsociable shift patterns
Rewarding and fun place to work
Customer Experience manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ENG23 September 2015
Rewarding and fun place to work, hard work recognised and lots of opportunities to grow.

Allows you to learn and grow without fear of failure.

Supports personal development
nice
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  heathrow26 August 2015
nice company, but took over by money corp, had a great experience with them. they are very professional, they give very good benefits to staff and very friendly management
Excellent Work-life Balance
Compliance Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton / London6 August 2015
The American Express culture was very supportive to your work-life balance whereby you could do 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home depending on your role.

This split helped maintain productivity and provided and platform to balance family life with a busy career.
Pros
Good split between home life and work life
Cons
At home, never known when the day finishes, tend not to switch off.
Pleasant office job
Customer Care Professional at American Express (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ENG6 July 2015
Possibly the best paying telephone customer service job. All the staff go through a meticulous hiring process and are usually all really nice people.
Busy Workplace
Hospitality Caterer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ENG13 May 2015
Very busy work place, typical day consisted of serving customers a 3 course meal, followed by after dinner drinks. Management was poor, they also kept leaving. Co-workers were often new or changed. Hardest part of the job would be the long hours and breaks not always given within those 12 hours.
Busy workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ENG13 May 2015
I was only here for a one week work experience, however i gathered that it was a very busy work place, however I enjoy working in busy environments. From word of mouth I heard the management was very good. Unfortunately didnt get to witness this as i only worked there for a week. Most enjoyable part of the job was understanding and learning about the Banking world.
Pros
Free Lunch
Productive and challenging
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  TLV26 April 2015
Every day is a new challenge but with a great team of managers and co-workers every challenge can be solved easily.
The management always open for new ideas and welcoming new employees to come and share their thoughts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2