American Express Employee Reviews

Sociable, lively atmosphere.
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex7 January 2017
Great company to work for, lovely building and facilties.
Amazing benefits and great opportunities.
Lovely people and busy, vibrant atmosphere.
Pros
Performance based monthly bonus.
Cons
Very focused on extremely detailed statistics.
good times
Director &Currency Trader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2017
Worked my way through the company from settlements staff to senior trader. Great times and an amazing experience
Sadly a cut throat industry
n/a
CCP TEMP (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex29 November 2016
its a very good place to work if you're a student or as a first job the holiday system was not very good though you could never plan anything in advance
Fantastic place to work
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Brighton20 November 2016
Great people, wonderful environment to work in, plenty of opportunity to build a career and network across departments, fair treatment of a diverse organisation
If you have a good manager it will make a massive different. Too many bad ones
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Brighton16 November 2016
This could be a great company to work for. It's reasonably well paid for Brighton and very good hours.

I started with a lovely manager, then got one who had it in for me. I was reported for everything - yawning, being in hospital sick, not "concentrating". My results were top of the team but they would never pass me on what they call "leadership" i.e the non tangible things that my manager kept picking on me for.

Due to this, it ended up being the most insecure, horrible job that made me ill with the stress. If I'd had a different manager, things could have been different
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Individual poor managers
work from home
HBS Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Home Counties10 November 2016
If you are new they will give you the unsociable hours shifts with no flexibility.
Not very easy to get in contact with a manager when needed
ideal if you want to work from home but have no committments
Best in Customer Service!
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philippines7 November 2016
American Express provides continues training to their customer service representatives to make sure they will to continually provide excellent service to it's customers.
Simple and challenging at the same time
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton7 November 2016
I have worked in AMEX twice, first time in Stockholm, Sweden and second time in Brighton, UK. I found both of my jobs in Amex quite simple but challenging at the same time. Both of my positions in Amex have been customer care level positions and the work tasks on that level are quite repetitive tasks. That's what makes the job simple and easy. Then the challenging part was to keep myself up to date of all the new updates that were released, for the programs I worked with, every month if not every week.

I worked in a small team which offered me a close relations with my work colleagues, and I enjoyed that a lot. Overall the atmosphere in the office was relaxed but professional at the same time.
Gran aprendizaje
Content Expert – UK / SPAIN (Current Employee) –  Brighton3 November 2016
American Express me dio la primera oportunidad seria para comenzar con mi Carrera Profesional, aprendiendo y desarrollando importantes competencias.

Desde el primer día, hasta el día de hoy, siempre me han ayudado a desarrollar aquellas inquietudes profesionales y de aprendizaje que de forma proactiva manifesté, permitiéndome adquirir un conocimiento que considero muy importante de sumar y de seguir sumando.

Por otro lado, mi consideración sobre lo más difícil de mi trabajo, inicialmente fue trabajar en un idioma distinto al mio original y con una cultura de empresa distinta. Esto entiendo que ya quedó superado, siendo a día de hoy la mayor dificultad que se me plantea el hecho de no estar hubicado en España.

Como decía, lo que más me gusta de mi trabajo es su dinamismo, no hay un día igual al anterior. Esto, sumado a la gran accesibilidad de los directivos me permite sentirme como un trabajador valorado en la misma.

Valoro mucho el deseo por parte de la compañia y de la dirección de invertir siempre en la mejora y optimización, tanto de los procesos y herramientas como de la atención que nuestros clientes reciben directamente.

Siempre valoraré y recomendaré American Express como una de las compañías líderes en el servicio al cliente y de las mejores para adquirir aprendizaje y desarrollo laboral.
Pros
Empresa internacional, trabajadores de diferentes nacionalidades
Cons
Está en Inglaterra
Efficient and fun work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton21 September 2016
A Typical day at work was fun and enjoyable, I learned how to achieve customer satisfaction. My co-workers were very friendly and helped me gain further acknowledgement within the retail industry. The hardest part of the job was being on queue duty as you had to stand up straight repeating the same thing for a few hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working behind the tills with co-workers.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, Free lunches, 10 minutes away from my house.
Cons
Not enough shifts, Short hours.

Want to know more about American Express?

Ask a question
great company to work for
Customer Care Professional and Lead CCP (Current Employee) –  Brighton and Hove1 September 2016
7 hours working day. Customer care professional and lead CCp. Inbound and outbound calls in New Accounts department. I provide support, training and coaching to the team.
the hardest part: constant pressure
the most enjoyable part: multicultural enviroment and benefits
Travel and Concierge account manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton and Hove22 August 2016
American express is an amazing company that really challenges its staff to be the best they can. While at the samr time providing the best customer and staff care
good place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burgess Hill9 August 2016
This is a good place to work for all phases of career (entry, graduate, managerial, developer, intern and analyst etc). Would recommend to anyone with ambition
Flexible and supportive
Head Waitress (Current Employee) –  London20 July 2016
Great management team, always welcoming new people
Well paid for all levels of staff

Nice stepping stone for catering/bar careers
Great group of people
Bespoke Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brighton11 July 2016
Days can be long and hours mixed, but co-workers are at hand to help, roles can be a mix of all types, not all phone based. Lots of maagers on hand to help/advise.

Overall it is a good place to work when you find the right role to suit you.
Pros
Great discounted canteen
Cons
Shifts
Collaborative and engaging work environment
Vice President (Current Employee) –  London27 June 2016
Every day is different and challenging but in a supportive and forward thinking environment. The hours can be long but this is compensated for by interesting work and career development.
sound place to work
Global Network Service (Current Employee) –  Brighton30 May 2016
A very good company to work for . I have been very proud to be an employee for the past 30 years
Unfortunately, due to current role being outsourced overseas
Just don't
EMEA Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  London24 May 2016
Initially reeled in with lots of promised with non coming to fruition. Manager who would constantly snap at the team despite claiming we could always ask questions. Severe lack of support and empathy and lots of people being made redundant despite the business claiming it is growing. A lot of staff has been there for less than a year which says a lot about the company.
Cons
terrible management, unsupportive culture, pressured to work longer, no empathy.
Legal entity controller - Experienced Chartered Accountant
Legal Entity Controller - Analyst (Current Employee) –  London23 May 2016
Experienced Chartered Accountant (certified by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India). Subject matter expert in GAAP accounting, auditing, preparing ledger books and reconciliation statements. Skilled in collating and interpreting financial data to evaluate performance of companies. Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, experienced in proficiently explaining complex financial data to clients
Dynamic, creative, ambitious and committed
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brighton5 May 2016
Target driven, committed and creative, I am looking forward applying my skills in a dynamic and challenging organization.
Recently settled in London, I was previously based in Brighton working for more than 2 years in a world famous financial company where I acquired strong skills that I am willing to enhance even more in the coming month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2