American Express Employee Reviews

A bit boring
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brighton27 July 2017
Its was ok but I didn't enjoy my time there that much the work was boring and repetitive but would be ok for stop gap job if you need employment don't stay there to long
Pros
Cons
boring
Nice place to work
Customer Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex25 July 2017
My day is fairly balanced and I start the day processing the orders the cardholder has made with his reward points. I deal with issues relating to orders, bonus or other points not received.

I enjoy the work I am doing and although I do the same things everyday the problems or issues are different.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No parking facilities.l
Productive and good company to work for
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex24 July 2017
A typical day for me was very structured with tight daily deadlines being within a finance environment.
I have acquired a great deal of valuable experience over the years within the accounting, banking and business customer relationship area.
You are encouraged to further your career path with on-line courses and to take advantage of mentoring.
The workplace is generally a friendly one with flexibility towards work/life balance.
American Express is a good company to work for.
Excellent
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Brighton21 July 2017
Great job best company I have ever worked for would go back anytime. Only left because of redundancy as they have moved many roles off shore. Good gym canteen work benefits .
Pros
Good company overall
Cons
Prone to redundancies
Typical Day
Senior Business Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  London19 July 2017
· Managing corporate client accounts.

· Arranging travel for high profile clients.

· Responding to issues relating to incorrect ticketing, cancellations, no shows and complaints.
Decent Place to work
School Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London17 July 2017
personally not my ideal job/ place of work but it made my year 11 work experience a pleasant experience. the managers where all nice and welcoming and the employees seemed to all get along and get the job done.
Excellent brand and customer centric
Business Development & Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex7 July 2017
Amex provides an excellent training ground, within such a large organisation to learn from multiple business sectors and functions. Amex is customer centric and strives to provide excellent customer service, on a world class level.
Nice workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brighton4 July 2017
Dealing with enquiries & answering calls from new and existing customers. Dealing with all escalated complaints and enquiries efficiently and effectively. Giving customers information about company services and products. Building relationships with customers. Handling difficult and aggressive customers in a professional manner.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
N/a
Solid!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Brighton27 June 2017
Spent many years in different departments; had a great time, at home and overseas; alas, like many companies, things change and not for the better.
Eventually made redundant.
good place to work
Customer Service/ Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 June 2017
answering phones, answering emails speaking to staff, helping run running reports, filling in data, filing , meeting and greeting guests, following security procudures

Want to know more about American Express?

Ask a question
great multi cultural and international environment
Team Leader - Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex26 June 2017
Great multi cultural and international environment that challenges and invites. High work pressure due to the market requirments. People are required to be flexible and self starting. Great development opportunities within a wide range of capabilities. Great secondary rewards like pension schemes, in-house gym, and good private insurance. A place that will certainly cut your teeth and if you want you can achieve a lot and you do get the space to achieve just that. As with all big multinationals, working in the most efficient and effective way is met with many challenges on lots of levels unfortunately. But this also makes the people very creative and hands-on.
Pros
great variety in cultures and people
Cons
too big a vehicle to drive effectively and succesfully for everyone involved
Business Development Agent for American Express
Business Development Agent for American Express (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2017
• Selling American Express Business cards to small and medium-sized businesses across Canada.
• Understanding business needs of the customer, and promoting the most beneficial card product for the business.
• My communication and interpersonal skills, allowed me to excel within this role.
• In the short time of my temporary employment, I was always ranked within the Top Ten Best Sellers within the American Express Program.
Pros
Financial Rewards
Cons
Call Centre/Cold Calling
Honest and fair place to work
Senior Conference Coordinator. Eurest (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex25 June 2017
Eurest have been a great company to work for and would recommend anyone to start their career with this company.

I have had eleven goo years with them and will miss this company dearly.

They have been my family.
Pros
free food allowance
Cons
Money
Excellent place to work
BDM (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 June 2017
top career development and coaching to ensure career path is clear and grows across multiple disciplines. Strong work/life balance ensures top talent is kept at the company.
Great
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brighton7 June 2017
The best people in any company. Fantastic working environment and one of the best jobs anyone can have. Great for progression and overtime always offered
Great
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 May 2017
It was a great working experience.The people around were very good and helping.Client was approachable.Learnt good technologies.Workplace had an amazing environment.Both Brighton and Burgess Hill office are too good.
Great company & culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex14 May 2017
I believe Amex has wonderful work culture with diversified leadership. The company offers a flexible approach and it is a boosting environment with lots of potential.
Productive and fun work atmosphere
FX Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hatton Cross9 May 2017
Working for Amex you will engage in a highly pressured demanding day meeting daily deadlines and adhering to company protocol. there is great team engagement and good management.
computer operations shift leader (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset7 May 2017
Enjoyed working at American Express Bank. Great group of people who are very supportitve. Good opporunity for mobility and career development. Highly recommend.
A good lifetime career in the right team
Director Finance (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex4 May 2017
I have enjoyed a long career at American Express and therefore would find it difficult not to recommend them. On the whole a great company to work for but as always under the right leadership and in the right team. As the company downsizes the culture is changing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2