American Express Employee Reviews

great opportunities for development
Complaints Handler (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex6 August 2017
Several departments and working fields allowing plenty of opportunity for development. development is encouraged by management and support for development is provided
A wondeful learning experience - meeting so many different people from various cultures
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Town4 August 2017
Discussing travel plans with clients
Learning to be patient and listening to their needs
Interesting workplace with different people
Listening to the feedback both positive and negative
Learning experience
Kiosk Staff (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex2 August 2017
My first job is in Amex. I learnt a lot here. Working with other people. Serving lots of customers under pressure. This has made me realize that working environment is very different from a uni environment.
Pros
free food
Cons
pay rate
Nice place to work
Customer Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex25 July 2017
My day is fairly balanced and I start the day processing the orders the cardholder has made with his reward points. I deal with issues relating to orders, bonus or other points not received.

I enjoy the work I am doing and although I do the same things everyday the problems or issues are different.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No parking facilities.l
Productive and good company to work for
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex24 July 2017
A typical day for me was very structured with tight daily deadlines being within a finance environment.
I have acquired a great deal of valuable experience over the years within the accounting, banking and business customer relationship area.
You are encouraged to further your career path with on-line courses and to take advantage of mentoring.
The workplace is generally a friendly one with flexibility towards work/life balance.
American Express is a good company to work for.
Excellent
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Brighton21 July 2017
Great job best company I have ever worked for would go back anytime. Only left because of redundancy as they have moved many roles off shore. Good gym canteen work benefits .
Pros
Good company overall
Cons
Prone to redundancies
Typical Day
Senior Business Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  London19 July 2017
· Managing corporate client accounts.

· Arranging travel for high profile clients.

· Responding to issues relating to incorrect ticketing, cancellations, no shows and complaints.
Decent Place to work
School Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London17 July 2017
personally not my ideal job/ place of work but it made my year 11 work experience a pleasant experience. the managers where all nice and welcoming and the employees seemed to all get along and get the job done.
Nice workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brighton4 July 2017
Dealing with enquiries & answering calls from new and existing customers. Dealing with all escalated complaints and enquiries efficiently and effectively. Giving customers information about company services and products. Building relationships with customers. Handling difficult and aggressive customers in a professional manner.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
N/a
Solid!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Brighton27 June 2017
Spent many years in different departments; had a great time, at home and overseas; alas, like many companies, things change and not for the better.
Eventually made redundant.
good place to work
Customer Service/ Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 June 2017
answering phones, answering emails speaking to staff, helping run running reports, filling in data, filing , meeting and greeting guests, following security procudures
great multi cultural and international environment
Team Leader - Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex26 June 2017
Great multi cultural and international environment that challenges and invites. High work pressure due to the market requirments. People are required to be flexible and self starting. Great development opportunities within a wide range of capabilities. Great secondary rewards like pension schemes, in-house gym, and good private insurance. A place that will certainly cut your teeth and if you want you can achieve a lot and you do get the space to achieve just that. As with all big multinationals, working in the most efficient and effective way is met with many challenges on lots of levels unfortunately. But this also makes the people very creative and hands-on.
Pros
great variety in cultures and people
Cons
too big a vehicle to drive effectively and succesfully for everyone involved
Business Development Agent for American Express
Business Development Agent for American Express (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2017
• Selling American Express Business cards to small and medium-sized businesses across Canada.
• Understanding business needs of the customer, and promoting the most beneficial card product for the business.
• My communication and interpersonal skills, allowed me to excel within this role.
• In the short time of my temporary employment, I was always ranked within the Top Ten Best Sellers within the American Express Program.
Pros
Financial Rewards
Cons
Call Centre/Cold Calling
Excellent place to work
BDM (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 June 2017
top career development and coaching to ensure career path is clear and grows across multiple disciplines. Strong work/life balance ensures top talent is kept at the company.
Great
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brighton7 June 2017
The best people in any company. Fantastic working environment and one of the best jobs anyone can have. Great for progression and overtime always offered
Great
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 May 2017
It was a great working experience.The people around were very good and helping.Client was approachable.Learnt good technologies.Workplace had an amazing environment.Both Brighton and Burgess Hill office are too good.
Great company & culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex14 May 2017
I believe Amex has wonderful work culture with diversified leadership. The company offers a flexible approach and it is a boosting environment with lots of potential.
Productive and fun work atmosphere
FX Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hatton Cross9 May 2017
Working for Amex you will engage in a highly pressured demanding day meeting daily deadlines and adhering to company protocol. there is great team engagement and good management.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  South East26 April 2017
Mixture of phone work and back office work. Handled customer queries and complaints as well as monitoring of key accounts.Good management support. Good training programmes.
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Aexp
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London19 April 2017
My day to day role changes all the time this is one of the great things about Facilities its never dull.

From air-con to broken desks to hosting meetings to calling in repairs to the building always something needing doing.

Over the years I have picked up many new skills and used them in all aspects of my life ( Health and safety at home being one ).

I have had the pleasure of working for some very good managers over my time some good some bad but all different and all have taught me many things.

The culture here is very laid back and very different from where I have worked before but adaptable is every Facilities person middle name.

Hardest part of job is not being able to be more pro active and having to rely on outside contractors for work needing doing .

The people are usually the enjoyable part especially when something they request happens .
Pros
easy travel
Cons
a lot of waiting for things to be paid causing delays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2