American Express Employee Reviews

Executive Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton30 October 2017
LEAVING there waS the biggest regret but unfortunately due to childcare issues i could not continue I was hoping i would get some extra help but unfortunately it couldnt be accommodated
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Burgess Hill16 October 2017
Good positive place to work. Good relationships with AMEX staff (I'm a contractor). Nice mix of people in the building. Very modern building (internally).
Pros
Discounted food.
Cons
Takes a long time to get things actioned.
Fun workplace
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 October 2017
It can be very busy during the day but before and after the matches it was quiet and they day took a long time to finish.
All the staff and customers were all very friendly and kind.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Irregular hours
A wonderful experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3 Station9 October 2017
Job at American express was almost the same as of Moneycorp because it was the same business and almost same teams. In Amex it was mainly target oriented so had fun competing with others.
Pros
Enjoyed being there
Cons
very professional and very good work ethics values
Project Analyst / Governance Lead (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex9 October 2017
Very good company to work for, with excellent values, integrity, code of conduct, diversity, team work and commitment.

I had the opportunity to work with excellent professionals internally and with external suppliers, worldwide, always working together to achieve the best outcome for the benefit of everyone.

I would recommend American Express as a great company to work for.
Productive and challenging workplace
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex27 September 2017
Working at client location-American Express is a great place to work with newer technologies used day by day.
As a developer, many automation, devops things are happening over there which feels like a challenge to learn and experience new things.
Amex Review
Business Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2017
Travel consultant dealing with the corporate teams travel plans across the globe through booking of travel arrangements. 9-5 job based at Morgan Stanley.
Excellent Workplace
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Brighton - United Kingdom11 September 2017
Excellent work environment that allows employees to lead a balanced life. Management was, in my experience, well trained and prepared.
Great colleagues / friends helped to have around a jolly environment.
An ideal place to work.
Pros
Location and life / work balance
Fun workplace
Post room assistance (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex11 September 2017
Really enjoyed my work there wished it was more permanent position.the staff were amazing and enjoyable to work with and we all had a laugh and gothe on really well
Great employer
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex7 September 2017
A very relaxed multicultural environment with great chances for networking and developing within the company.
Working across different countries.
Easy to build strong professional relationships as well as friendships.
great management support
Customer serv.Rep (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex#7 September 2017
Having been at American Express for almost 2 years they have been the best employers in my working life, always willing to listen to ideas and give you the best opportunities to up skill in the role you have
Pros
Shifts can work around your personal life
Cons
working weekends
Collaborative environment, more responsibility than compensation levels suggest.
Product Management (Current Employee) –  London2 September 2017
The UK Consumer business is very dynamic, with many smart talented people. Culture in the Corporate unit is very sales-driven and tends to be more chaotic.

In general, AmEx excels at providing flexibility to its workforce, but with a trade off in compensation levels. Moving between offices, especially to NY is a real possibility for people who fit in and do well.
Pros
Global mobility, workforce flexibility, smart ambitious co-workers, industry-leading brand
Cons
Compensation vs. responsibility, frequent restructuring
Good
Risk Exec - Risk Information Management (Former Employee) –  London25 August 2017
Wide variety of exposure to the markets due to inter-department roles available for employees . Good on diversity with strong international element to broaden experience
Productive and fun workplace
Administration and Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horley25 August 2017
I really enjoyed my time at American Express. It is a great company to work for, they are constantly raising money for charity.

There are incentives to help motivate the staff with their work. I was lucky enough to win two of these.

The staff were a lot of fun to work with as well as the management team.

Sadly they closed down the offices so we were made redundant and at the time I could not relocate as they offered an alternative position.
Nice place to work
Technical Architect (Current Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex19 August 2017
Overall it's very good organisation to work with, except limited growth opportunity within company. During tenure of work here I learned my new skills and enjoying work here,
Fun, challenging with high expectations
Programme Manager, New Product Development Europe (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex19 August 2017
I changed my department within American Express, to learn how IT is deployed in such complex matrix organisation. I was given the opportunity to lead a number of enterprise-wide projects in the IT arena. It was the start of great learning opportunities in this discipline.
Challenging, fun and superb professional friendship
Business Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex19 August 2017
There is never a dull day. I was particularly given the opportunity to lead challenging strategic projects with huge senior management expectations. These were great opportunities for optimal exposure to the difficult enterprise-wide issues facing the company and gaining superb personal development through the process.
Efficient communication
Freelance Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Remote7 August 2017
I work remotely with American Express Open Forum. It's an online platform for small-to-medium enterprise business communication. I produce publications, infographics, illustrations. So far the experience was positive, I would always receive a clear brief and all the necessary assets. Communication is pretty streamlined too.
great opportunities for development
Complaints Handler (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex6 August 2017
Several departments and working fields allowing plenty of opportunity for development. development is encouraged by management and support for development is provided
A wondeful learning experience - meeting so many different people from various cultures
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Town4 August 2017
Discussing travel plans with clients
Learning to be patient and listening to their needs
Interesting workplace with different people
Listening to the feedback both positive and negative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K