American Express Employee Reviews

Found 225 reviews matching the search See all 6,103 reviews
SME (Former Employee) –  East Sussex12 June 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Amex and have many great memories and friends from my time there.

Great place to make a career, amazing managment team and great worklife balance and social events.
Summer vacancy
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 June 2018
Worked here during summer holidays as front desk receptionist. Great role for new to job market. Allows you to identify the kind of role you are intersted in pursuing
Internal changes
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London30 May 2018
This review is for American Express Global Business Travel, not American Express.

Currently going through a lot of changes the workplace is fairly toxic with a lot of people very unhappy. That said based on the last employee feedback survey they have tried to address this to promote a better work environment.
Staff are generally overstretched.
Outstanding
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  New York State29 May 2018
An international services company that provides customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success
Helped me develop in so many ways
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Brighton28 May 2018
AMEX cares for their employees I was able to develop my customer service skills to a high standard and take these with me in each career move to get the best for my customer
Pros
Training
Fast moving workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 May 2018
I was happy there. Used all my skills. There was no typical day. Learned to be more patient. Hardest part of the job was the constant changes but I did enjoy that no two day were alike.
Pros
Easy location to travel to - Victoria
Cons
Never knew what was coming.
poor management styles and benefits
Senior Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brighton24 May 2018
poor management styles and benefits. they only progress staff they like and don't like staff to think outside the box or be different. there is a culture of sexism
Agreable
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  East Sussex9 May 2018
C'est un bon endroit pour se developper et faire une carriere
Pros
Salaire
Cons
nourriture
Fun and engaging work place
TRAVEL AND LIFESTYLE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Brighton3 May 2018
I found American Express to be a fun and engaging work place for it's employees and I always felt encouraged to progress. The shifts and pay are the only downsides, otherwise it is a great place to work with a lot of employee benefits.
Pros
Atmosphere, people & gym onsite
Cons
Hours and pay
Awful
Travel and Lifestyle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex24 April 2018
Management is awful. If your face doesn't fit forget it.
Un-Achievable targets.
No flexibility
No work life balance
Rude Customers
Only pro is great training.
Great people and work life balance
Business Development, BanK Partnerships-EMEA (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 April 2018
Very good company to work for with many career opportunities. Good benefits and support network internally.
I would highly recommend working here. Strong management and great training programs for development.
Pros
Work Life balance
Fhh
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex25 March 2018
This company is a good company as they look after their employees, the managers are friendly and help you wherever possible. The hours could be better.
Pros
Rf
Cons
Fff
Ok but could be better
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 March 2018
It's ok but could be better. Large business with many moving parts. Market in which operates is very dynamic and projects can be challenging but fun. Career opportunities very limited outside the US.
Pros
Big brand, nice atmosphere, friendly colleagues
Cons
Culture is becoming a constraint rather than a driver, very limited opportunities to progress outside the US
Flexible, great leadership
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 February 2018
An organisation very focused on great leadership and team development. Really encourage employees to move around the organisation, with regular networking opportunities and recruitment starts from inside the organisation.

The usual negatives of a large organisation, e.g. limitations of salary when moving roles internally, and politics between teams. But overall a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible working, great leadership, team culture
Cons
Salary limitations with internal moves, politics between some teams
Inclusive and supportive
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex16 February 2018
Excellent workplace, supports diversity, good compensation package for the area. provides good work life balance, encouraging personal development of all staff
Great First Job
Data Entry Clerk (Full -Time) (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 February 2018
I enjoyed my role at American Express and I was given a number of roles and eventually I was given a small supervisory role at the Weekend and I earned more money as I progressed
Pros
Increased earning potential
Cons
Limited career opportunity
Grandes opportunités de développement
Team Manager de Senior Souscripteurs (Current Employee) –  Brighton - Royaume-Uni7 February 2018
American Express offre à ses collaborateurs de belles opportunités de développement au sein de l'entreprise mais également au niveau personnel en les accompagnant pas à pas.
Pour cette raison, les employés se sentent engagés. Ils savent qu'ils peuvent faire une différence dans la prise de décision.
J'aime faire partie d'une équipe pour travailler ensemble vers un but commun.
J'aime aussi travailler dans un environnement occupé, même si parfois cela peut être difficile, car il faut prioriser efficacement
good company to work for
SME Account Sales Manager (B30) (Current Employee) –  Brighton23 January 2018
generally american express will provide a secure workplace with possibility to progress if you network and work hard at it. Like any other large american organisation there are good and bad points.
a lot to learn, lacking responsibillity
AMERICAN EXPRESS Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Brighton23 January 2018
I had a lot of fun initially at american express. A lot to learn and a lot of advancements.

I would recomend it as a good first job, but with my experience I would prefer a smaller team with mor own responsibillities and varied tasks.
Pros
a lot of good people
Cons
lack of ownership regarding tasks and own developement
Great people and work life balance
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London16 January 2018
I loved working at American Express. They had a great team atmosphere and work lfe balance for the staff. The benefits were very good and covered all the needs for different stages of your life.

I only left as there was no career progression in my department and the remuneration package within the industry was not on a level playing field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K