American Express Employee Reviews for Customer Care Specialist

Great employer
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex7 September 2017
A very relaxed multicultural environment with great chances for networking and developing within the company.
Working across different countries.
Easy to build strong professional relationships as well as friendships.
Relaxed work environment
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex13 April 2017
American Express is overall a great company to work for. The benefits were great and management at the company was also good overall.

However, Job security especially as a customer care professional was something that felt out of the ordinary. The atmosphere almost felt as if everyone's job was at risk. Also some of the targets that were required in the role were quite unreasonable and unfair.

Overall role is great for some who can work under pressure and is prepared to be screamed at almost on a daily basis. Staff there were great and friendly.
Pros
Breaks/Lunches, benefits
Cons
Targets, Salary, Customers
False hope
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex28 March 2017
Training does not include how to properly service customers - more based on sales and how to make more money.

During my time there, 5 people were let go, an additional 7 after that I have heard about. No job security.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No job security
Fast-paced office environment
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex8 February 2017
An extremely demanding place to work but offers fantastic benefits and bonus scheme. Great location and facilities on site.
Sociable, lively atmosphere.
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex7 January 2017
Great company to work for, lovely building and facilties.
Amazing benefits and great opportunities.
Lovely people and busy, vibrant atmosphere.
Pros
Performance based monthly bonus.
Cons
Very focused on extremely detailed statistics.
Simple and challenging at the same time
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton7 November 2016
I have worked in AMEX twice, first time in Stockholm, Sweden and second time in Brighton, UK. I found both of my jobs in Amex quite simple but challenging at the same time. Both of my positions in Amex have been customer care level positions and the work tasks on that level are quite repetitive tasks. That's what makes the job simple and easy. Then the challenging part was to keep myself up to date of all the new updates that were released, for the programs I worked with, every month if not every week.

I worked in a small team which offered me a close relations with my work colleagues, and I enjoyed that a lot. Overall the atmosphere in the office was relaxed but professional at the same time.
great company to work for
Customer Care Professional and Lead CCP (Current Employee) –  Brighton and Hove1 September 2016
7 hours working day. Customer care professional and lead CCp. Inbound and outbound calls in New Accounts department. I provide support, training and coaching to the team.
the hardest part: constant pressure
the most enjoyable part: multicultural enviroment and benefits
okay
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton29 February 2016
american express was ok. the job description was different to the actual job role. american express sounds like a really good company to work for but only if your on a high salary band otherwise its just a normal company.
Pros
they has subsidised costa coffee
Cons
shift hours
It´s an excellent company that I value.
Customer Care Professional – Establishments (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ENG12 October 2015
In this company I worked for almost four years and it has become my second home. A typical day at work, you can have a lot of work and pressure, but we can always give a break to tell a joke and de-stress. What I learned, you always learn something new, there is much to learn from people with whom you live with all around you and your leaders. The management / management is always looking to give the best to its people. The hardest part of the job is now, having to leave. The part I like most about the job is the relationship with colleagues, enthusiasm and learning I've been me.
Pros
Very good performance and flexibility of time
Cons
Work under constant stress and not being recognized on many occasions
Pleasant office job
Customer Care Professional at American Express (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ENG6 July 2015
Possibly the best paying telephone customer service job. All the staff go through a meticulous hiring process and are usually all really nice people.
ok
CUSTOMER CARE PROFFESIONAL (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ENG8 April 2015
It seems like it would be a good place to work. a typical day is just on the phones... because the nature of american express most of the time your talking to rude rich people. mainly offer temporary contracts so they can get rid of you easily.
American Express
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ENG3 February 2015
- Throughout most days I spend consistently on the phone answering card members questions and queries.
- I gained huge amount of confidence on the phone and a good telephone manner.
Pros
Bonus Schemes; Holiday, Pensions.