American Express Employee Reviews in Brighton

Great First Job
Data Entry Clerk (Full -Time) (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 February 2018
I enjoyed my role at American Express and I was given a number of roles and eventually I was given a small supervisory role at the Weekend and I earned more money as I progressed
Pros
Increased earning potential
Cons
Limited career opportunity
Temp Job
Temporary Travel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brighton11 January 2018
Adhoc tasks given when available, otherwise simple job role during a busy period to ease the workload for perm staff. Offered the choice to apply for perm roles but I declined based on travel.
Pros
Fun environment, good people.
Great place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex12 December 2017
The facilites at amercican express are first class. The management is hit and miss. It is great to work in brighton, especially during the summer months !
Pros
location
Cons
management
fun place to work
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex14 November 2017
I was only on work experience week through my college. I listened in on phone calls with customers and listened to meetings that were taking place between managers.
Executive Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton30 October 2017
LEAVING there waS the biggest regret but unfortunately due to childcare issues i could not continue I was hoping i would get some extra help but unfortunately it couldnt be accommodated
Fun workplace
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 October 2017
It can be very busy during the day but before and after the matches it was quiet and they day took a long time to finish.
All the staff and customers were all very friendly and kind.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Irregular hours
very professional and very good work ethics values
Project Analyst / Governance Lead (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex9 October 2017
Very good company to work for, with excellent values, integrity, code of conduct, diversity, team work and commitment.

I had the opportunity to work with excellent professionals internally and with external suppliers, worldwide, always working together to achieve the best outcome for the benefit of everyone.

I would recommend American Express as a great company to work for.
Great employer
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex7 September 2017
A very relaxed multicultural environment with great chances for networking and developing within the company.
Working across different countries.
Easy to build strong professional relationships as well as friendships.
great management support
Customer serv.Rep (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex#7 September 2017
Having been at American Express for almost 2 years they have been the best employers in my working life, always willing to listen to ideas and give you the best opportunities to up skill in the role you have
Pros
Shifts can work around your personal life
Cons
working weekends
great opportunities for development
Complaints Handler (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex6 August 2017
Several departments and working fields allowing plenty of opportunity for development. development is encouraged by management and support for development is provided

Want to know more about American Express?

Ask a question
Learning experience
Kiosk Staff (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex2 August 2017
My first job is in Amex. I learnt a lot here. Working with other people. Serving lots of customers under pressure. This has made me realize that working environment is very different from a uni environment.
Pros
free food
Cons
pay rate
Nice place to work
Customer Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex25 July 2017
My day is fairly balanced and I start the day processing the orders the cardholder has made with his reward points. I deal with issues relating to orders, bonus or other points not received.

I enjoy the work I am doing and although I do the same things everyday the problems or issues are different.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No parking facilities.l
Excellent
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Brighton21 July 2017
Great job best company I have ever worked for would go back anytime. Only left because of redundancy as they have moved many roles off shore. Good gym canteen work benefits .
Pros
Good company overall
Cons
Prone to redundancies
Nice workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brighton4 July 2017
Dealing with enquiries & answering calls from new and existing customers. Dealing with all escalated complaints and enquiries efficiently and effectively. Giving customers information about company services and products. Building relationships with customers. Handling difficult and aggressive customers in a professional manner.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
N/a
Solid!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Brighton27 June 2017
Spent many years in different departments; had a great time, at home and overseas; alas, like many companies, things change and not for the better.
Eventually made redundant.
great multi cultural and international environment
Team Leader - Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex26 June 2017
Great multi cultural and international environment that challenges and invites. High work pressure due to the market requirments. People are required to be flexible and self starting. Great development opportunities within a wide range of capabilities. Great secondary rewards like pension schemes, in-house gym, and good private insurance. A place that will certainly cut your teeth and if you want you can achieve a lot and you do get the space to achieve just that. As with all big multinationals, working in the most efficient and effective way is met with many challenges on lots of levels unfortunately. But this also makes the people very creative and hands-on.
Pros
great variety in cultures and people
Cons
too big a vehicle to drive effectively and succesfully for everyone involved
Great
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brighton7 June 2017
The best people in any company. Fantastic working environment and one of the best jobs anyone can have. Great for progression and overtime always offered
Great
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 May 2017
It was a great working experience.The people around were very good and helping.Client was approachable.Learnt good technologies.Workplace had an amazing environment.Both Brighton and Burgess Hill office are too good.
Great company & culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex14 May 2017
I believe Amex has wonderful work culture with diversified leadership. The company offers a flexible approach and it is a boosting environment with lots of potential.
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, UK17 April 2017
I enjoyed working at American Express and developed a good relationship with all my colleagues. I think the work ethos at American Express was good, whereby they generously rewarded steady and productive workers.
Pros
rewarding place to work
Cons
unsocial hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2