American Express Employee Reviews in Brighton

Awful
Travel and Lifestyle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex24 April 2018
Management is awful. If your face doesn't fit forget it.
Un-Achievable targets.
No flexibility
No work life balance
Rude Customers
Only pro is great training.
Inclusive and supportive
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex16 February 2018
Excellent workplace, supports diversity, good compensation package for the area. provides good work life balance, encouraging personal development of all staff
Great First Job
Data Entry Clerk (Full -Time) (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 February 2018
I enjoyed my role at American Express and I was given a number of roles and eventually I was given a small supervisory role at the Weekend and I earned more money as I progressed
Pros
Increased earning potential
Cons
Limited career opportunity
Grandes opportunités de développement
Team Manager de Senior Souscripteurs (Current Employee) –  Brighton - Royaume-Uni7 February 2018
American Express offre à ses collaborateurs de belles opportunités de développement au sein de l'entreprise mais également au niveau personnel en les accompagnant pas à pas.
Pour cette raison, les employés se sentent engagés. Ils savent qu'ils peuvent faire une différence dans la prise de décision.
J'aime faire partie d'une équipe pour travailler ensemble vers un but commun.
J'aime aussi travailler dans un environnement occupé, même si parfois cela peut être difficile, car il faut prioriser efficacement
good company to work for
SME Account Sales Manager (B30) (Current Employee) –  Brighton23 January 2018
generally american express will provide a secure workplace with possibility to progress if you network and work hard at it. Like any other large american organisation there are good and bad points.
a lot to learn, lacking responsibillity
AMERICAN EXPRESS Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Brighton23 January 2018
I had a lot of fun initially at american express. A lot to learn and a lot of advancements.

I would recomend it as a good first job, but with my experience I would prefer a smaller team with mor own responsibillities and varied tasks.
Pros
a lot of good people
Cons
lack of ownership regarding tasks and own developement
Temp Job
Temporary Travel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brighton11 January 2018
Adhoc tasks given when available, otherwise simple job role during a busy period to ease the workload for perm staff. Offered the choice to apply for perm roles but I declined based on travel.
Pros
Fun environment, good people.
Great place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex12 December 2017
The facilites at amercican express are first class. The management is hit and miss. It is great to work in brighton, especially during the summer months !
Pros
location
Cons
management
Offers a variety of roles and progression opportunities.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brighton1 December 2017
Over a decade spent working here, the longest I have worked anywhere, which must say something. Demanded their pound of flesh but overall well rewarded.
Great people
Projcet Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brighton17 November 2017
Worked with some great people, benefits are good compared to other local businesses in Brighton.

Climbing the corporate ladder can be very competitive and it can take a few years before you get the job you really want.

Amex has seen a lot of change over the past few years and feels a lot more corporate now than before. There is very little job security here with the amount of annual change that goes one.
fun place to work
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex14 November 2017
I was only on work experience week through my college. I listened in on phone calls with customers and listened to meetings that were taking place between managers.
Executive Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton30 October 2017
LEAVING there waS the biggest regret but unfortunately due to childcare issues i could not continue I was hoping i would get some extra help but unfortunately it couldnt be accommodated
Fun workplace
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 October 2017
It can be very busy during the day but before and after the matches it was quiet and they day took a long time to finish.
All the staff and customers were all very friendly and kind.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Irregular hours
very professional and very good work ethics values
Project Analyst / Governance Lead (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex9 October 2017
Very good company to work for, with excellent values, integrity, code of conduct, diversity, team work and commitment.

I had the opportunity to work with excellent professionals internally and with external suppliers, worldwide, always working together to achieve the best outcome for the benefit of everyone.

I would recommend American Express as a great company to work for.
Excellent Workplace
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Brighton - United Kingdom11 September 2017
Excellent work environment that allows employees to lead a balanced life. Management was, in my experience, well trained and prepared.
Great colleagues / friends helped to have around a jolly environment.
An ideal place to work.
Pros
Location and life / work balance
Great employer
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex7 September 2017
A very relaxed multicultural environment with great chances for networking and developing within the company.
Working across different countries.
Easy to build strong professional relationships as well as friendships.
great management support
Customer serv.Rep (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex#7 September 2017
Having been at American Express for almost 2 years they have been the best employers in my working life, always willing to listen to ideas and give you the best opportunities to up skill in the role you have
Pros
Shifts can work around your personal life
Cons
working weekends
Fun, challenging with high expectations
Programme Manager, New Product Development Europe (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex19 August 2017
I changed my department within American Express, to learn how IT is deployed in such complex matrix organisation. I was given the opportunity to lead a number of enterprise-wide projects in the IT arena. It was the start of great learning opportunities in this discipline.
Challenging, fun and superb professional friendship
Business Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex19 August 2017
There is never a dull day. I was particularly given the opportunity to lead challenging strategic projects with huge senior management expectations. These were great opportunities for optimal exposure to the difficult enterprise-wide issues facing the company and gaining superb personal development through the process.
great opportunities for development
Complaints Handler (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex6 August 2017
Several departments and working fields allowing plenty of opportunity for development. development is encouraged by management and support for development is provided

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2