American Express Employee Reviews in Brighton

Found 111 reviews matching the search See all 6,273 reviews
not flexible
Centurion Personal Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex16 January 2019
Feels like a factory line. Treated like children not flexible in anyway
Just a Number not a person. Moral is low team leaders are just puppets. Booking holiday is a mission - cant book Christmas holiday until the September before - shocking.
Great place to work if your looking for a career, not a job
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton28 December 2018
Amex is great in many ways, good pay and nice management but extremely unsociable hours and sometimes unreachable targets. Very stressful sometimes as the customer is “always right” even if they speak to you like dirt. High expectations with phone call times and strict on time management. Overall can be great for the right type of person!
I was glad to be made redundant
Director (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex20 December 2018
I did not fit in with a corporate culture. The expectation was that work would always come first. On the plus side, the money was good and there was plenty of travel.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Everything else
Great office with many oppotunities
Credit Analyst, Finance (Former Employee) –  Brighton, England, UK30 November 2018
Fixed schedule including morning, lunch and afternoon break. Meals offered on top floor with excellent service. Team work and very good collaboration possibilities. Social environment and helpful people. Forward-looking team leader.
I learnt what working for a huge company at a great office is like and I met many interesting people from various departments.
The English and Swedish workplace cultures are different.
I really enjoyed the variation or people and departments of the huge building.
Pros
Free coffee and tea.
Cons
Health care, gym, restaurant, cafe
is was it is on the tin
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton9 November 2018
fast corporate environment with a aim to be the best with an American attitude, a good team and you felt professional working there and gave good opportunities.....if you are a yes person and take on the American dream you ll go far
benefits
Cons
cant take another call
Prima werkgever
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brighton - UK25 October 2018
Altijd met veel plezier naar mijn werk gegaan en toen het tijd was om door te groeien werd ik hier aan alle kanten in gesteund. Als ik niet naar het buitenland was verhuisd was ik heel graag voor deze werkgever blijven werken.
Reliable and well known company to work for
Learning Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex7 October 2018
I enjoyed working for American Express, I was there for just under 8 years.

In that time I was unfortunately made redundant twice due to restructuring of departments, the first time I secured a new new job the second time there was nothing suitable I felt so I took redundancy.

American Express is a very good company to work for they do look after their employees, good pensions and benefits.
Pros
Good staff benefits
Cons
Large company restructure departments regularly
mooie zaak
Travel & Lifestyle consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton25 September 2018
Veel mogelijkheden om te leren. mooie mensen, mooi werk en mooie mogelijkheden om te leren binnen de reis wereld.
Pros
reis mogelijkheden
Cons
Kantoor baan
Great for Change Management
Project Analyst/Manager - Capabilities (Former Employee) –  Brighton17 September 2018
If you excite around change management & transitional change this is the company for you.

Excellent for new technology enthusiasts & Blue Working conditions, but don't expect lots of travel.
Good training and support
Travel and Lifestyle Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brighton9 July 2018
American Express provides a lot of intense training and is always progressing, they do expect a lot and operate an unreasonable Refer To Friend scheme to which your bonus is connected
productive place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brighton26 June 2018
Monitoring CCTV
Pass checking people coming in and out of the building
Observing outside patrols in and outside of building
Checking fire systems
Pros
The wages
good first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex25 June 2018
this is a great first job, although the 0 hours aspect meant i didnt get a steady amount of work, with shifts being taken very quickly. i also worked on matchdays, which meant when the game was on, there was an hour and a half of unpaid work, waiting to go back for another hour or so. aside from this, the management was good and i gained a lot of experience.
good place to work
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex12 June 2018
Good place to work, great oportunities to progress.
I have been working there for 6.5 years and have started at the bottom and became 4 years later a Manager.
Helped me develop in so many ways
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Brighton28 May 2018
AMEX cares for their employees I was able to develop my customer service skills to a high standard and take these with me in each career move to get the best for my customer
Pros
Training
Cons
poor management styles and benefits
Senior Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brighton24 May 2018
poor management styles and benefits. they only progress staff they like and don't like staff to think outside the box or be different. there is a culture of sexism
Fun and engaging work place
TRAVEL AND LIFESTYLE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Brighton3 May 2018
I found American Express to be a fun and engaging work place for it's employees and I always felt encouraged to progress. The shifts and pay are the only downsides, otherwise it is a great place to work with a lot of employee benefits.
Pros
Atmosphere, people & gym onsite
Cons
Hours and pay
Awful
Travel and Lifestyle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex24 April 2018
Management is awful. If your face doesn't fit forget it.
Un-Achievable targets.
No flexibility
No work life balance
Rude Customers
Only pro is great training.
Inclusive and supportive
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex16 February 2018
Excellent workplace, supports diversity, good compensation package for the area. provides good work life balance, encouraging personal development of all staff
Great First Job
Data Entry Clerk (Full -Time) (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 February 2018
I enjoyed my role at American Express and I was given a number of roles and eventually I was given a small supervisory role at the Weekend and I earned more money as I progressed
Pros
Increased earning potential
Cons
Limited career opportunity
Grandes opportunités de développement
Team Manager de Senior Souscripteurs (Current Employee) –  Brighton - Royaume-Uni7 February 2018
American Express offre à ses collaborateurs de belles opportunités de développement au sein de l'entreprise mais également au niveau personnel en les accompagnant pas à pas.
Pour cette raison, les employés se sentent engagés. Ils savent qu'ils peuvent faire une différence dans la prise de décision.
J'aime faire partie d'une équipe pour travailler ensemble vers un but commun.
J'aime aussi travailler dans un environnement occupé, même si parfois cela peut être difficile, car il faut prioriser efficacement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2