American Express Employee Reviews in Brighton

mooie zaak
Travel & Lifestyle consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton25 September 2018
Veel mogelijkheden om te leren. mooie mensen, mooi werk en mooie mogelijkheden om te leren binnen de reis wereld.
Pros
reis mogelijkheden
Cons
Kantoor baan
Great for Change Management
Project Analyst/Manager - Capabilities (Former Employee) –  Brighton17 September 2018
If you excite around change management & transitional change this is the company for you.

Excellent for new technology enthusiasts & Blue Working conditions, but don't expect lots of travel.
Good training and support
Travel and Lifestyle Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brighton9 July 2018
American Express provides a lot of intense training and is always progressing, they do expect a lot and operate an unreasonable Refer To Friend scheme to which your bonus is connected
productive place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brighton26 June 2018
Monitoring CCTV
Pass checking people coming in and out of the building
Observing outside patrols in and outside of building
Checking fire systems
Pros
The wages
good first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex25 June 2018
this is a great first job, although the 0 hours aspect meant i didnt get a steady amount of work, with shifts being taken very quickly. i also worked on matchdays, which meant when the game was on, there was an hour and a half of unpaid work, waiting to go back for another hour or so. aside from this, the management was good and i gained a lot of experience.
good place to work
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex12 June 2018
Good place to work, great oportunities to progress.
I have been working there for 6.5 years and have started at the bottom and became 4 years later a Manager.
Helped me develop in so many ways
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Brighton28 May 2018
AMEX cares for their employees I was able to develop my customer service skills to a high standard and take these with me in each career move to get the best for my customer
Pros
Training
Cons
poor management styles and benefits
Senior Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brighton24 May 2018
poor management styles and benefits. they only progress staff they like and don't like staff to think outside the box or be different. there is a culture of sexism
Fun and engaging work place
TRAVEL AND LIFESTYLE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Brighton3 May 2018
I found American Express to be a fun and engaging work place for it's employees and I always felt encouraged to progress. The shifts and pay are the only downsides, otherwise it is a great place to work with a lot of employee benefits.
Pros
Atmosphere, people & gym onsite
Cons
Hours and pay
Awful
Travel and Lifestyle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex24 April 2018
Management is awful. If your face doesn't fit forget it.
Un-Achievable targets.
No flexibility
No work life balance
Rude Customers
Only pro is great training.
Inclusive and supportive
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex16 February 2018
Excellent workplace, supports diversity, good compensation package for the area. provides good work life balance, encouraging personal development of all staff
Great First Job
Data Entry Clerk (Full -Time) (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 February 2018
I enjoyed my role at American Express and I was given a number of roles and eventually I was given a small supervisory role at the Weekend and I earned more money as I progressed
Pros
Increased earning potential
Cons
Limited career opportunity
Grandes opportunités de développement
Team Manager de Senior Souscripteurs (Current Employee) –  Brighton - Royaume-Uni7 February 2018
American Express offre à ses collaborateurs de belles opportunités de développement au sein de l'entreprise mais également au niveau personnel en les accompagnant pas à pas.
Pour cette raison, les employés se sentent engagés. Ils savent qu'ils peuvent faire une différence dans la prise de décision.
J'aime faire partie d'une équipe pour travailler ensemble vers un but commun.
J'aime aussi travailler dans un environnement occupé, même si parfois cela peut être difficile, car il faut prioriser efficacement
good company to work for
SME Account Sales Manager (B30) (Current Employee) –  Brighton23 January 2018
generally american express will provide a secure workplace with possibility to progress if you network and work hard at it. Like any other large american organisation there are good and bad points.
a lot to learn, lacking responsibillity
AMERICAN EXPRESS Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Brighton23 January 2018
I had a lot of fun initially at american express. A lot to learn and a lot of advancements.

I would recomend it as a good first job, but with my experience I would prefer a smaller team with mor own responsibillities and varied tasks.
Pros
a lot of good people
Cons
lack of ownership regarding tasks and own developement
Temp Job
Temporary Travel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brighton11 January 2018
Adhoc tasks given when available, otherwise simple job role during a busy period to ease the workload for perm staff. Offered the choice to apply for perm roles but I declined based on travel.
Pros
Fun environment, good people.
Great place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex12 December 2017
The facilites at amercican express are first class. The management is hit and miss. It is great to work in brighton, especially during the summer months !
Pros
location
Cons
management
Offers a variety of roles and progression opportunities.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brighton1 December 2017
Over a decade spent working here, the longest I have worked anywhere, which must say something. Demanded their pound of flesh but overall well rewarded.
Great people
Projcet Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brighton17 November 2017
Worked with some great people, benefits are good compared to other local businesses in Brighton.

Climbing the corporate ladder can be very competitive and it can take a few years before you get the job you really want.

Amex has seen a lot of change over the past few years and feels a lot more corporate now than before. There is very little job security here with the amount of annual change that goes one.
fun place to work
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex14 November 2017
I was only on work experience week through my college. I listened in on phone calls with customers and listened to meetings that were taking place between managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K