American Express
Information from American Express:

American Express Employee Reviews

United Kingdom307 reviews
Project Manager
Excellent organisation to work for. Excellent management, progression, benefits, work/life balance, good working environment. Would definitely recommend.
Call Centre work very fast paced. Stressful but interesting.
The most enjoyable part of the job were my colleagues. I worked as part of an International team and that was really great. We worked together despite our different locations and we helped each other and had fun. Working with different cultures is very interesting.
Fun place to work but paymant could be better.
Learning curve is immense and you will have to adapt to the fast changing culture and regulations of the business. They also offer lots of activity outside the work environment and you can also get discounts at most shops through the company's webpage.
Stressful work environment and lack of management support
Management do not support you, performance reviews and pay reviews are carried out unfairly with senior management reaping the rewards instead. Senior management do not share information with the team, and you are often isolated
American Express (Sitel)
Great and educative work place. Helped American Express customers with their credit cards, SAS points and other inquiries.
Very good experience, would recommend.
Terrible, stressful, and a huge waste of time
Nobody at Amex cares about their employees - no managers, team leaders, HR person, .. the list goes on. I was in a customer service based role, the manager had no idea what was going on, the 'team mates' bullied each other, so badly that one of them had to go with with major mental health issues. HR was aware but did nothing. The sort of place where you have to explain why you are offline for a few minutes to get water or go to the toilet. horrendous.
Cons
Terrible leadership, anti-social environment
Fun workplace with negative points
The facilities are good and the company offers great benefits. However, advancement opportunities often depend too much on networking rather than individual skills and competencies.
Great people and culture, inspiring management and felt rewarded for hard work. Regular rewards and recognition, team events and lunches. Collaborative working was encouraged.
Job work/life balance
American Express fully supported myself with work/life balance
Encouraged development and supported

A structured work place

Did not always feel comfortable approaching higher up management with ideas, felt like there was too much focus on band level on what they perceive you are capable of
Graduate scheme
N/a - summer intern so worked on a project for 10 weeks around bucketing clients and placing them in different sections for analysis on their behaviour and pricing
Don’t even bother
Judgemental, cliquey. If your face fits you’ll get help and support. Otherwise it’s every man for himself and good luck when you’re getting told by customers that you’d be more useful dead and management just laugh it off.
Superb place to work
Surrounded by engaged, thoughtful people who want to help you succeed.
Great additional benefits available.

Work / life balance can be achieved by collaborative managment
Great "Bubble" to be in
I was here for nearly 5 years, mostly happy ones too. Its a lot about networking to progress within the company, there is often a competitive rate of pay. I found my almost dream job as communications coordinator here it was nearly perfect as all but my pay as was earning a commission before and this role was a basic rate of pay, all in all I loved this job and was gutted when the finance of the dept couldn't keep the role.
Haven't spent much time to give review but till now good experience
Haven't spent much time to give review. It has just been 1 months. I am thankful to the company decision that they have not planned any lay off during this covid19 situation which itself indicate how much company cares about their employee.
Great benefits and good salary
Interesting job. All calls are different and no day is the same. You could be booking someone a luxury five star suite in New York or booking a Michelin starred restaurant in Paris.. Hospitality tickets for an important game or kaiser cheifs concert at the o2.
Most colleagues are helpful and friendly and happy to give advice or assist.

Pay is good for similar jobs in the area

. Opportunities to win
People stay a long while at this company. There is a reason why!
Brilliant culture and corporation where you make friends for life. Great place to learn the payments and travel business. Lots of career progression opportunities
Pros
Market leading global company.
Cons
Can be very stressful
great place to work
Good company, good benefits and great culture. depends on the departments you worked (all very different, sometimes it seems to work for a different company) you'll find fast paced or more relaxed, but all over the company the people is very collaborative and friendly.
a few benefits:

starting holidays 22 days + bank holidays

sick pay

medical insurance

dentist

virtual GP

healthy mind support

redundancy pay in case your role is eliminated (which can happened in this big company)
Pleasant work environment and proactive and decisive team.
I have had a pleasant experience in my time at American Express, I have learned many things and added that I have met wonderful people.
The work experience here has been outstanding.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Nothing to highlight
Great family Culture
Great family Culture, staff have a real positive attitude and it shows within each department across the large corporate entity. Makes working in a big office pleasant.
nice
nice and friendly environment staff is very approachable and helpful

I highly recommend the Company as it is very professional. you may feel overwhelmed at times but the supportive culture aids in releasing stress
Great company to work for
I enjoyed working at Amex for 8 years, however the salary was quite low and thy don't give you much increase every year. It's a very competitive environment and it's who you know and not who you are.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.
3.6K