American Express Global Business Travel

American Express Global Business Travel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews
You learn a lot at Amex , the management is very supportive and very generous on providing good range of teas and coffee plus the occasional educational lunches.
Cons
Don't get fooled by the job offer as there is no security, they just wasting your time. This company don't value employee, and they can dismiss you anytime they want. There is so much hidden behind this company. Shame for treating employee badly. Worst company.
Management were all about output. Constant pressure on staff. Not enough support from upper management. Facilities were ok. Big staff turnover and poor perks.
After 3 months of training in classroom with 9 others started new shifts. No weekends off and late shifts. Staff frequently leave with great stress levels and anxiety. I felt the same but continued hoping things would improve only to worsen. Management not on your side with any issues that arise on calls. So you find yourself between diva customer demands and poor management. Avoid!
Great company , progressive with a positive vision for the future.
Strong focus on technology , employee development , equality and career progression.
If you are thinking of joining this company don’t. They are the worse company I have ever come across. Poor customer service, no communication and dreadful management skills. Also the interview will cost you £70 in call charges which they refuse to refund. Plenty of better companies to work for who value their employees a lot better than this one.
I worked for this company for many years. My role changed considerably during this time which lead to greater opportunities to grow and develop my skills. There was never a time that was difficult, I enjoyed the challenges that were presented with enthusiasm and interest.
Pros
Travel related discounts
Cons
This is a company with no heart and no soul. It is run by introverted financial types that only see numbers and not people.

The organisation has cut cost through redundancies and is very poorly managed. The organisation is so thin that it cannot respond well to service demands. Many people are overworked and unhappy. The management have a clever way of pretending service levels are better than they are.

As they have private equity backing they also able to grow via acquisitions- buying the competition- so the management can get away with medicrority.

Implementation of programmes is poor and ideas that the leaders frivolously take from magazines and books are ill-conceived and implemented with such haste, arrogance and incompetence it defies belief. You will not believe a company is able to exist with such vacuous mediocrity in its leadership - especially in its service delivery division.

By manipulating the numbers and pretending that service is unaffected these leaders are rewarded with bigger projects to bring their enthusiastic amateurism to.

All in all, the leaders don't care about people - they are almost contemptuous about front line staff. HR is an absolute joke -lowest skill level I've seen and completely under resourced.

Don't let the AMEX brand fool you this is not American Express it is on lease. They use this to lure staff and customers in - but it is nothing like that brand.

I never write reviews I just hope this helps someone avoid making a mistake.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
Poor leadership and selfish management culture
a workplace filled with opportunities and challenges, a place where you can enhance your skills and develop within you area.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at American Express Global Business Travel?
We issued air tickets and dealt with invoicing companies for travel booked. I also worked on general queries from our head office.
We dealt with couriers to get the delivery of the tickets sent out.
A forward thinking rapidly growing company with lots of opportunities to progress if you are inclined. Industry leaders in meeting and events. Great colleagues.
Global Business Travel is truly awful and so different from American Express. I was at Amex for many years and loved it but from day 1 since it was spun off into a separate company, its culture suddenly totally changed and people fled. Its culture is bad, its management is all in the US and simply don't communicate and treat their staff very badly ...just leave it well alone....
Cons
Bad Employer
Global company , Challenging job, varied work based on reporting and providing Insights from data Analysis to global customers across various markets
Strong brand recognition, very process oriented and senatorial /divisional focus. Large IT restructuring and renewal project underway throughout the entire organisation.
No two phone calls the same, you think on your feet and outside the box frequently and customer service is key.
I learned great customer service skills, reprioritising work and research at speed.

Proactive and good management teams.

Fun co-workers and very creative minds.

Shifts can take their toll but variety of work is a bonus.

Many perks available to experience the finer things in life.
Pros
Bonuses and perks.
Cons
Shift work.
American Express Global Business Travel was honestly the worst employer I have ever worked for.
Management has serious issues. Un-supportive and insulting staff. Work-life balance non existent. Working normal office hours is frowned upon. Lots of redundancies happening creating an unhappy environment. Me and my team were treated in a disgusting manner with management shouting at us and senior managers swearing during official calls.

The lack of support and compassion in this place is truly shocking. If you get a job offer from them? Bin it, it is the best thing you could possibly do.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
see my review above
A lovely and productive place to work, with caring people. this is a place with many opportunities for people to enjoy, develop their skills and get supported by management. i would recommend my any highly productive and career driven person to work here.
Great workplace with a good balance of working as a team and individually. No day is ever the same which is something I enjoy as it gives me a drive. Whether it be highly stressful or quiet and relaxed we all work well and get the job done.
Pros
Weekends and Bank Holidays off
Cons
Quiet periods in the business we look after
I have been working in this company for over 24 years. This is a company that cares about the staff and maintais work like balance.