Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

Great workmates
Storage tank supervisor (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom5 May 2018
I was with amec for nearly 20 years I have met many people from all different trades and I think I can handle all aspects of building storage tanks. I have worked in many different places in England as well as Scotland
Pros
Locations
Cons
Away from home a lot
Great colleagues!
Physicist (Former Employee) –  Knutsford25 April 2018
The best thing about this company are the people I worked with. I had the best colleagues who were always willing to lend a helping hand when needed. Worked with some of the truly most intelligent people I've ever known!
Enjoyable place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bathgate6 March 2018
Enjoyed working for this company, covered a lot of tasks from compiling CDM packs, coordinating planning and resource scheduling to Risk Assessments & Method Statements. Met a lot of nice people, worked hard and learned a lot however made redundant.
Work away from home
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  New Cumnock, East Ayrshire15 February 2018
It's a very busy place to work flat out constantly been there for four years just going to be made redundant it's a bitter pill to swallow as it's a good company to work for
Pros
Money
Cons
Nolife
Nice Place to work
Design & Analysis of Sharepoint Farms & Deployment (Current Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire6 February 2018
Nice people and no pressure of job. Always enjoyed. Management is good. Difficult to grow up in career as we have very limited opportunities. Work and Life balancing is very nice.
Good place to work.
Assistant inspector. (Former Employee) –  Edzell, Angus31 January 2018
Very good safety culture. The conditions and Teamwork very good. The hardest part about the job was the travelling.The management were never to be seen on the job.
Operational Team - Day in the life of
Talent and Learning Systems Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UK21 January 2018
Amec Foster Wheeler are an inclusive and diverse company with a global footprint including approx 45,000 employees.

The Workplace culture is progressive and focused on customer service.
Great and varied projects
Project Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  UK and Middle East11 January 2018
Initially, based in the corporate office in Langley, Berkshire, UK for 6 years. Great opportunity to work with different parts of the organisation to collaborate on continually improving the existing SHEQ system into a more user friendly IT based system, directed at project use. Overcame a lot of IT and cultural issues, but in the end was very proud of the collective outcome in the UK and USA.
Later took the challenge of working in post war Iraq (2004) in a joint venture with Fluor to rebuild electricity and water infrastructure, through out the country. Spent a lot of time mentoring the locals in the fundamentals of Quality within projects.
Completed my time with AMEC, by becoming a Project Assurance Manager at the "sharp end" on several projects throughout the UK
Pros
From Oil & Gas to house building projects...
Cons
Working away from home and family
Good place to work.
Instrument and Control Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen8 January 2018
Good place to work considering the tough Oil and gas market. Not much funding for training but always busy. Had experience in many different positions including offshore.
good work mix. good ppl
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham2 November 2017
The verity of work the Amec Foster Wheeler undertook was a good mix. I enjoyed it. The people I have know for a number of years and have become close friends.
Worst place I have ever worked in my 30+ years of contracting.
Instrument Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire30 October 2017
A failing company who is run by tin-pot managers / chief engineers who think they can treat people with no respect at all. not one of them would make it in the real world.
Worst place I have ever worked in my 30+ years of contracting.
Pros
I didnt work there for long
Cons
bullying, treated like scum, people so scared of the management they walk around like zombies with their heads down.
Rigging supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grangemouth28 October 2017
Company is now called wood plc good amount of work, generally have a lot of work scop in oil refinery’s but don’t allow paye men to travel from job to job, they recruit for every contract tenden for that they commit to supply labour only if long termer
Varied work scopes
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrington16 October 2017
Varied work scopes but sometimes work load is too light. Friendly atmosphere. Site and office based work available. Some training but sometimes work is a bit on the hoof.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Changing work loads
Good company lacks direction
multi skilled operative (Former Employee) –  Nationwide12 October 2017
Good company but to many senior management are only there for themselves and don't really build or maintain a workforce. Communication is lacking in certain area's of the business leading to people feeling left out.
Pros
Chance to work for Large company
Cons
No real care for the workforce
Find an alternative company to work for
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Horsham, Leicester8 October 2017
I can only recommend to stay away from this company. Truly, stay well away! Extremely bad management which uses extremely unsafe and unethical practices.
Pros
Only if you must and only if you are a graduate
Cons
Lack of training hence incompetent staff with huge egos. Bad management
Unsettled times
Personnel Logistics coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City28 September 2017
Focal point for personnel joining the project to mobilise offshore.
Hardest part of the job is not having any processes or procedures in place for logistics coordinators.
Best part of the job is flexibility with ability to buy holidays
Pros
Buy holidays
Cons
no progression
Changing Management Structure
Study Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire5 September 2017
Constant changes to management structure leading to uncertain strategy. Little development of employees. Friendly and supportive workforce, good variety of work
Pros
variety of work
Shutting down so no job security
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Theddlethorpe All Saints, Lincolnshire3 September 2017
After 17 years on a refinery, I have spent 4 years learning about gas production. The shift are a bunch of nice guys to work with. Have worked with better management. The shift pattern is the hardest as it has recently been changed. There is no Scottish rep so trying to make contact is hard. Overall, I have had an opportunity to further my knowledge & develop my skills
excellent safety culture. Good work environment and a fun job
Mechanical technician/health and safety advisor (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen31 August 2017
I get to do what I love doing. The work life balance is great and I get to go to work in a helicopter not a traffic jam!
One of the best jobs I have ever had.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
awayt from home for 6 months plus a year
great colleagues
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  England28 August 2017
busy environment, but when working with a good team this is a great place to work, management a bit ropey with things like training and planning but we work this out ourselves

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amec Foster Wheeler. Our community is ready to answer.