Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

Spoiled company
Senior Instrument and Control Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire30 September 2018
It is bankrupted... but they still don't know.
They have no money left, no training provided, conditions are terrible. career is something that they don't know exists.
A company that is under continuous change
HR (Current Employee) –  Prefer not to say24 July 2018
A company that is under continuous change. A lot of prospects for the right candidate / employee. The workplace culture depends on the site you work at including the team you are working in.
Pre-historic and no opportunities for Progression
Proposals Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading20 July 2018
I was part of a graduate programme - after 2 years half of the graduates had been made redundant. It is a work place that focuses on experience purely and who you know rather than looking to progress, train and develop those with a lot of potential. Strictly procedures based with lack of flexibility. Not exciting work with a lot of sexism going on. Management was appalling our manager did nto even say good morning to us nor have regular catch ups with us or train us. Poeple are still there based on who they know rather than skill. No real ambition to move with the times or be innovative.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Appalling Management and no progression
Relaxed work environment
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Darlington19 June 2018
I enjoyed my working here, the work was challenging and there was a different challenge every day which I thought was good as it allowed me to have to be always on my toes which I much prefer in a job. However although the job is very busy, it is so in a relaxed environment which I find to be helping as it does not put too much pressure on you.
Pros
Variety of discounts every month
Cons
Long working hours
I went for a weeks work experience
2 Week Internship (Former Employee) –  Moorgate Station3 June 2018
It was fun while I was there, just keep in mind I was only in year 10 and there for a week so you're not gonna get anything out of this review lol. Just skip to the next one.
personal development
Instrument Engineer (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire14 May 2018
Helped to develop my career to a professional level. Gained valuable experience working on a site based project. Structured graduate scheme, with plenty of support.
Great workmates
Storage tank supervisor (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom5 May 2018
I was with amec for nearly 20 years I have met many people from all different trades and I think I can handle all aspects of building storage tanks. I have worked in many different places in England as well as Scotland
Pros
Locations
Cons
Away from home a lot
Great colleagues!
Physicist (Former Employee) –  Knutsford25 April 2018
The best thing about this company are the people I worked with. I had the best colleagues who were always willing to lend a helping hand when needed. Worked with some of the truly most intelligent people I've ever known!
Enjoyable place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bathgate6 March 2018
Enjoyed working for this company, covered a lot of tasks from compiling CDM packs, coordinating planning and resource scheduling to Risk Assessments & Method Statements. Met a lot of nice people, worked hard and learned a lot however made redundant.
Work away from home
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  New Cumnock, East Ayrshire15 February 2018
It's a very busy place to work flat out constantly been there for four years just going to be made redundant it's a bitter pill to swallow as it's a good company to work for
Pros
Money
Cons
Nolife
Nice Place to work
Design & Analysis of Sharepoint Farms & Deployment (Current Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire6 February 2018
Nice people and no pressure of job. Always enjoyed. Management is good. Difficult to grow up in career as we have very limited opportunities. Work and Life balancing is very nice.
Good place to work.
Assistant inspector. (Former Employee) –  Edzell, Angus31 January 2018
Very good safety culture. The conditions and Teamwork very good. The hardest part about the job was the travelling.The management were never to be seen on the job.
Productive and fun working place
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire30 January 2018
Amec was a good company to work for, They were good at paying your money and giving standby money.They also had very good customer service and good hiring and recruitment department.
Interesting & Challenging Work
Principal Pipe Stress Engineer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow22 January 2018
Interesting & Challenging Work on a daily basis, both from a technical and timeframe aspect. Good relationship with work colleagues made the working days on the whole enjoyable.
Operational Team - Day in the life of
Talent and Learning Systems Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UK21 January 2018
Amec Foster Wheeler are an inclusive and diverse company with a global footprint including approx 45,000 employees.

The Workplace culture is progressive and focused on customer service.
Great and varied projects
Project Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  UK and Middle East11 January 2018
Initially, based in the corporate office in Langley, Berkshire, UK for 6 years. Great opportunity to work with different parts of the organisation to collaborate on continually improving the existing SHEQ system into a more user friendly IT based system, directed at project use. Overcame a lot of IT and cultural issues, but in the end was very proud of the collective outcome in the UK and USA.
Later took the challenge of working in post war Iraq (2004) in a joint venture with Fluor to rebuild electricity and water infrastructure, through out the country. Spent a lot of time mentoring the locals in the fundamentals of Quality within projects.
Completed my time with AMEC, by becoming a Project Assurance Manager at the "sharp end" on several projects throughout the UK
Pros
From Oil & Gas to house building projects...
Cons
Working away from home and family
Good place to work.
Instrument and Control Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen8 January 2018
Good place to work considering the tough Oil and gas market. Not much funding for training but always busy. Had experience in many different positions including offshore.
good work mix. good ppl
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham2 November 2017
The verity of work the Amec Foster Wheeler undertook was a good mix. I enjoyed it. The people I have know for a number of years and have become close friends.
Worst place I have ever worked in my 30+ years of contracting.
Instrument Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire30 October 2017
A failing company who is run by tin-pot managers / chief engineers who think they can treat people with no respect at all. not one of them would make it in the real world.
Worst place I have ever worked in my 30+ years of contracting.
Pros
I didnt work there for long
Cons
bullying, treated like scum, people so scared of the management they walk around like zombies with their heads down.
Rigging supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grangemouth28 October 2017
Company is now called wood plc good amount of work, generally have a lot of work scop in oil refinery’s but don’t allow paye men to travel from job to job, they recruit for every contract tenden for that they commit to supply labour only if long termer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amec Foster Wheeler. Our community is ready to answer.