Ambassador Theatre Group

Ambassador Theatre Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews
Management do very little to back up or assist their workers when faced with angry/drunken/abusive customers. ‘The customer is always right’ is a dangerous motto to run a business by if you want a healthy team of staff.
Ambassador was a good company to work for, i enjoyed my time there

The staff were enjoyable and it made for a relaxed working environment which i enjoyed working in
its ok for a young person who is just starting of, but not for those with experience from outside, culture promotes competitiveness between pairs which ok for some but not so ok for others
Pros
theatre tickets, visiti ohter sites
Cons
no comment for this
An excellent first job. A stimulating environment, but not much scope for development across departments. Lots of Company perks in terms of access to London theatre.
Nice company but also very corporate orders from above. The job itself isn't difficult you just have to make sure it's done the way they want. very high sales Drive wanted.
Worked in a regional venue for over 10 years. Always a productive and profitable venue with fantastic team working environment, but the last few years have seen the introduction of newly created depts and teams within the London head office, which has led to many redundancies and job role changes in regional venues in the last few years.

Now there are constraints on client relationships, decision making, creativity in venues which is both disheartening and concerning. Following the introduction of head office account teams, venues are expected to simply implement as they’re told, removing the opportunity for venue staff to develop and progress their careers.

Company value aims to be ‘passionate, ambitious, collaborative and smart’ are being drained away from venue teams and uncertain times lie ahead for venue teams who fear further redundancies.

Left with no choice but to leave ☹️
Cons
See review
Great for first timers and college students or parents with limited hours they can work. Fun friendly workforce and good management team. Under development so should be improving soon.
nice to travel around the country, good opportunity to progress but overall would not do this again. too many ego's halting the project from progressing and lack of staff helping
Where to begin! The worst job you could possibly have. The management think it’s acceptable to insult staff and have their favourites - these favourites get given all the shifts available and are freely allowed to bully other staff members. Bullying is ridiculously frequent! Management have several investigations launched against them but don’t even get a slap on the wrist for their disgusting behaviour. In my time I’ve been through 27 managers and probably near to 100 front of house team members. Morale is so low, but no surprise seen as though staff are badly treated. They can’t ever get the stock right which embarrasses us as front of house staff on a daily basis. As a whole management are a sham and have no experience whatsoever - useless. Supervisors let the power get to their head and are completely ineffective.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
The whole job and every single member of management/ all supervisors
Great workplace in that you choose your hours if on a zero hour contract but unstable in quieter times of the year such as summer, would be great to have more hours.
Pros
discounted tickets, short hours
Routine of day, sign in, work at kiosk or bar, serve customers, be productive, always good to have a welcoming team, a day here never is the same, makes life long friends.
I'm a uni student and the job fits great around it.
Shifts are 3.5 hours min. You are on something different each shift (bar, kiosk, house, etc.)

Great people, questionable management

Unsociable hours - late nights
Pros
Free tickets occasionally, great staff team, flexible hours.
Cons
Late nights, management aren't great
A disconnected company with eyes only on profits. Minimal benefits despite the great opportunities available within. Focus on overseas expansion with little real interest in regional employees outside head office.
Pros
Creative industry, with interesting variety of product
Cons
Poor salaries, poor employee care, and no real benefits
It was a long time a go and my job was to empty the dishwasher, I wasn't crazy about it but I know other people had great jobs and did really well there.
ATG is a fun working environment with a competitive salary. I have enhanced multiple skills from working in a busy central London theatre, including communication skills.
Fun job to have if you're currently studying or want to get your foot through the door theatre wise. Messed up my pay a few times, and HR generally not very helpful. However I gained many experiences and opportunities working for this company, so I leave with mostly positive thoughts.
This job consists of shift work. A typical day will include booking customers tickets, exchanging tickets or contacting theatres to resolve any issues customers may have.

I would applaud the company on their training. Management are there to offer help when needed.
Pros
Training, good working environment, plenty of social events
Cons
Long hours, low pay, hardly any benefits to motivate
I really enjoyed working at ATG. All colleagues and managerial staff were extremely friendly and going to work each day was like going to a second home. Pay and benefits really good too.
Pros
Free Tickets to cinema and discounted for theatre
Cons
I have worked for ATG for nearly three years. In that time I have experienced so much - from a variety of shows, to customers, to the people I have worked with. I feel, however, it is very difficult to advance within the company. people who were there far less than I had more opportunities given to them than me, which I felt was unfair and unjust. I have proved myself many a time, yet feel it has gone unnoticed.

I have learned so much working here. It is my first job, and I was very quiet when I started. Having to approach customers to sell programmes or ice creams has given me the confidence in every day life to express myself more.

Overall, I would say that ATG is a very enjoyable experience, but not the best career.
Pros
Getting to experience so many different types of performances
Cons
Can get repetitive
Very busy, but good place to work, fast paced. Able to learn a lot and develop. The New Wimbledon Theatre has been Grade II listed and is a beautiful masterpiece that has stood in Merton, London for over a century. The theatre is ripe with history and has hosted some of the biggest plays, musicals and performances from around the world. With an immense seating capacity, this is one of the premiere venues in London.
Pros
Fast Paced
A forward thinking operation with customers and high standards at the forefront.

Exciting environment to work in and every day really is different.

Great to see the smiling faces of happy customers as they leave the venue.
Pros
Free tickets