Amazon.com Pay & Benefits reviews

Good if you urgently need money
Stower (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire20 January 2018
-I worked Oct-Dec, the worst workplace I ever worked in. Workers are treated like slaves who can’t make any human errors.
-I was working as a stower always having a productivity of 125% with few human errors which cannot be avoided in such environment, lacking of space and support from management.
-I felt disrespected and disgusted on how the agency workers chase you after even going to the toilet asking why haven’t you been stowing for that time you’ve been in the toilet. All the bathrooms are down the stairs! It takes about 10min to get from your working area eg; 4th floor to the bathroom and another 10 to get back upstairs, explaining yourself why you haven’t scanned anything during that time.
-Temporary workers are purposely put in areas where there’s no space so they can be kicked out of the workplace.
- For the amount of hard work you have to do you are not paid enough, I have been paid more for easier work elsewhere!
- Amazon doesn’t pay for your transport (£4) both ways every day so £7.65/h minus £4 for your transfer, not worth!!!
- I got kicked out few days before Xmas which I didn’t mind as I got another job straight away and I’m much happier with the environment.
-You have no option of overtime, if the put you on overtime you have to work whether you like it or not! With only 1h break for 11hrs of hard work
Pros
Good security, hours of working if needed
Cons
Long hours, 1h break for 11hrs of work, not enough pay for that amount of work, transfer costs, slavery, disrespect from agency
Hard work
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 January 2018
Long hours hard shifts and high pressure job with management that are hard on staff for not working even harder even though some people are at their limits. A very difficult job for people with bad legs and struggle with heavy lifting.
Cons
Long hours, night shift, very hard work
Good job if you want earn more money.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire18 January 2018
It is really nice place with great people, they pay good, but including overtimes especially before Christmas you don't have time for friends and family. You can earn a lot of money in a very short time.
Pros
Payrate
Cons
Sometimes that job was boring.
Going downhill to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire18 January 2018
I started working for them 8 years ago and it was a very good company to work for but over the years it has changed with the pay getting closer to minimum and workload keeps going up.
Pros
Good if your a yes man/woman
Cons
To many to list
Productive.and fun
Picker (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire17 January 2018
People are ok. But you were not appreciated for the work done. You can not express your opinion. You are like a robot
You've taken the time and the excessively high target
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long
Decent money, but be prepared
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Swansea17 January 2018
I worked at Amazon as a seasonal Warehouse Operative. The pay was great (but it generally is everywhere if you're working nights) and we were paid weekly which was good. However, thats probably the only positive thing I can say. If you know any rumours about amazon they're probably all true. Awful breaks for a 10 hour shift, which didn't increase at all when my shifts altered to 11, 12, or even 13 hours. I am also a student, and wasn't made aware when I applied or even when I started that my hours per shift and shifts per week would increase, this then had an affect on my studies and I know if influenced the lives of my other colleagues too. Your breaks are also cut short by the time it takes to get to your locker from the warehouse and then to the canteen. Management were usually there at the desk but when I booked holidays they did them incorrectly.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
unsociable hours, increased hours without notice, short breaks
Diabolical
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kettering17 January 2018
Worked for a company called 'Deliverwize' who were a courier network on behalf of amazon.

Poorly managed at all times, work you long 12/13/14 hour shifts and tell you that you wont be paid otherwise. no job security at all as they tell you lies that there will still be work after Christmas.
Exhausting
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire16 January 2018
A 10 hour work day is a bit too much, and you have no way of knowing for how long you'll be employed. Good on salary and overtime if you want to make extra money.
All the staff are willing to help with any help required to carry out your job
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline15 January 2018
Training was good and management and personal you work with always willing to help you get your task done on time.The staff are friendly and do everything to help you settle in
Pros
Free tea and coffee and a good canteen
Hard working
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea14 January 2018
Have too be extremely quick otherwise you get penalized and singled out, no time for social life as you're too tired from long hours. Almost no support in workplace and they pick at everything you do wrong.
Pros
Good money
Hard job
Stower (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
An extremely hard job with hard rates to hit in order to keep your job, when you are spoken to about your rate not being high enough, this is your first warning, and when they present you with the warning sheet this is your second warning and that puts you on your final warning. So technically speaking as soon as you've had one bad week you are on your last leg with the job
Pros
good facilities
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk11 January 2018
Good hourly rate, helpful staff, customers are friendly, sometimes difficult delivery locations, flexible working hours, high expectations with no contract.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
Long commute to different towns.
good money but not good for heathy
Packer and picker (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 January 2018
the money was good but was 10 hours shift and really hard job too much pressure to the employers they ask always 100%. but after after that i learn how to be safety in a warehouse.
Productive and hard working workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead10 January 2018
There is a lot of hardwork put into the workplace at amazon, there is not much in terms of social interactment, mainly just getting your head down and getting on with your work but overall a good place to work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, little social interaction
Good work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire9 January 2018
The job was a good chance for me to learn a new set of skill for any future jobsI enjoyed my job role as a packer and I would lover the chance to do a jobs like this again.
Pros
Free drink and good breaks
great place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, Essex8 January 2018
this was a nice place to work i learnt alot with the running of a busy warehouse and got lots of training in all aspects of warehouse work however i only had a 12 week contract
Pros
free parking and free hot drinks
Cons
great job with good wage.
Yard Marshall (Current Employee) –  Sheffield8 January 2018
great job great people to work with. you get excellent staff benefits such as company shares, any development courses the company pay 95% of fees for the first year.
Good team place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 January 2018
Very good company and productive team. Good knowing geographical area from all team members. Flexible working hours. Good salary from employers to employee's.
Handy for Xmas
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Gourock7 January 2018
It was a Good job and a good salary but the location was too far away so too much travelling for me but otherwise would recommend as employer and handy for Christmas job
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Overtime was not forthcoming
the worst place to work
Amazon delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth6 January 2018
Not care for customer service, the payment benefits are very bad and now the have take away the tips drivers receive from customers. the app you must instll in your phone work really bad and the telephone support people seam the never know what to do. you are on your own when delivery if any problem Amazon only will blame you for late deliveries and never give you oportunities to explain the circunstances. Pease avoid to work for this slaving company.
Pros
nothing to say
Cons
all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.