Amazon.com Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 797 reviews matching the search See all 27,871 reviews
amazon
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear8 October 2018
amazon was good to work for but long hours and unreliable contract.
i learned how to cope with long shifts and built up my stamina. the pay rate at amazon is really good.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Hard work but enjoyable
Stow instructor (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester7 October 2018
Plenty of chances for advancement if you work hard you will get noticed I did and after only seven weeks with the company I was asked to be a stow instructor did my training in a night and am now ready to instruct new hires
Pros
Pay the rates are exellent and weekly
Cons
Breaks a bit short
Like a prison
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire7 October 2018
Choose life dont work here . Boring and lonely. Your feet will know about it . Its not worth the money . They look at you asif u have just shat in the microwave. No time to rest after a short dinner break . Wanna be brown noses allover . Deppressing environment. It will break you .
Pros
Home time
Cons
Oh there cons allright
its work but it is demanding
Outbound warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline2 October 2018
it pays the bills but it is not for the faint hearted. there is also no job security you can get a tap on the shoulder at any time. I seen it happen at 3am on nightshift and people were escorted out without transport
Pros
it was employment
Cons
expectiations of staff too high
interesting and good place to work
i work in shipping (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester1 October 2018
I work at amazon Bolton and I find it to be a good job ,don't believe everything you read ,the staff are very friendly and helpful .
Yes they have targets and expect you to work hard ,but they are reasonable .you can learn alot they are very advanced.
Pros
good pay amazing benifits and hollidays
Cons
not rearly found any yet.
Worst company
Warehouse Associates (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire28 September 2018
Employee are treated as a slave or as a robot. No respect. Rasism and discrimination. Amazon trainee temporar employee, but not permanent employee. It doesn't want to keep people. First is productivity, then quality and 3rh health and safety. The worst management i ever met in my life. Dirty place, lots dust. The food is horrible and expired. Materials and tools are broken, damaged. Amazon wants lots work, fastes, no matter how or with what tools. Amazon doesnt respect breaktime (too much to walk inside to get food or a cigarette). If you want to have an easy job there you should be friend, mother, sister of one manager, not to work hard. Too many gods in same place, starting with cleaning employee, continued with security, managers, leadership, procces guide, problem solve, collegues, even 3 months employee who didn't know the process very well. All this are happening in Amazon Rugeley. I dont recomand!
Good: car parking free, hot drinks, cariere choice, overtime paid 150%-between 40-50 hours/week and 200%-between 50-60 hours/week, but overtime isnt available all the time.
Bad: management, rasism, discrimination, Amazon doesn't follow the law, employee rights. Huge targets, not human one. Compering with Amazon Manchester wich are robots. Not understanding vis-a-vis by health condition, safety, employee rights etc. No allowed to sit down, drink coffee at all during work time. Stand up 10 hours per day ( except 2 times break time in total-one hour (30 minutes paid by amazon, 30 minutes paid by employee). Managers used to ask how many times have you been on toilet
  more... and how many minutes have you spent there, about idle time which is part of process - Amazon Rugeley has 3 toilets in pick tower, all of them in ground floor, even if it is one kilometre long and has 4 floors).
Salary: temp :day: 8/h, night: 9, permanent day shift 8, 35/h, permanent night shift: 10,35/h
Pickers: walking around 25-30 km per day, because who are making pick list doesn't see Amazon inside, he doesn't know how and were those locations and allocated time to walk between locations are not real. They should use damaged or broken carts. Not enough scanners or batteries.
Receivers: stand up in front of a table all day, scaning goods and put them on carts. The conveyor is running one side of him.
Stowers: no available space to stow items, use damaged or broken carts. Should handle heavy carts (about 100 kg or more), overfilled carts. No scanners or batteries. Nobody to fill carts.
Packers and prep: heavy items to pack or cover with bubble wrap and no time for this.

Is ok to work here for a while if you: follow university, want money and you do overtime

Leads, managers and hr admins who dont understand that you are tired, sick, you worked hard because they are preoccupied to sitting down all day and laughing by you
Pros
Read my notes: few things
Cons
All things: nothing compare with amazon rugeley. Horrible
bad
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire26 September 2018
i worked with amazon for 2 months and everything about the company was shocking. the management team did not deal with issues that were raised and everyone was treat like they was in prison instead of work.
Pros
cheap lunch in canteen
Cons
everthing else
Great place for those who are not afraid of work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 September 2018
I've been here for almost a year now, and I can tell that Amazon is a great place to work.
Plenty of overtime opportunities, good salary, nice atmosphere. Yes, you have to achieve targets, but the targets are not very high, I'm making 110% without any difficulty. And I'm a woman with no fitness background.
The only way you are not making target is if you're always off your station talking, drinking coffee, going to toilet every 15 minutes etc.
There are also great career opportunities available on all levels. I've received permanent contract after only 3 months with agency. And I've been provided with future career opportunities and advises from my managers, and also learning department and HR department.

I recommend this company for everyone who need stable work and to those who are aiming high but has to start from low level. If you will truly invest in the company, Amazon will always support you in every way you need.
Pros
Good salary, career opportunities, nice atmosphere
Cons
Dusty environment, dry air - can be bad for people with asthma or allergies
Hard work, but pays reasonably and treat people fair
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes21 September 2018
When I arrived at the UK my first employer was Amazon. I worked at one of the biggest warehouse in a few section (packer, 5S, ICQA).
Hard work. Long hours, short breaks, the building is huge, nobody cares about you loosing 7 min from your 15 min break just to walk out and back.
They pays reasonably well (above minimum wage), provide transport and the workplace is safe to work in. Managers treat people fair. The system is fair too. If you achieve the requirements (which they tell you every week), nobody will say a word to you. In this case I think Amazon was my most peaceful workplace so far in the UK.
I always achieved what they wanted. Helped me to loose a lot of wait too :D No sit down, no rest, no chat, be quick on the toilet. Hard work, short breaks, tasty food at the canteen, rewards for good work, pays above minimum, provide free hot drinks at breaks and cold water during work. They hire you even with minimum English.

For a start a new life in the UK it was perfect.
Pros
There is no gluten or dairy free option in canteen, too short breaks
Cons
Peaceful and safe workplace, provide transport, good start for English learners.
okay
Operative (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea18 September 2018
overall good job. easy to get to easy towork for but some staff could be a bit better when comes to employess. sometimes there wasnt enough work so you would have extra time off which is alsway good when you have kids. not always the case as sometimes youask to stay on but they send you home anyway.
Pros
easy to work for
Cons
some managers are very annoying and can be very intimidating

Want to know more about Amazon.com?

Ask a question
Hard but rewarding job
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Tilbury17 September 2018
As you would expect for a big company as Amazon, and starting from a position as a Fullfilment Associate, an important amount of physical effort will be expected from you.

The good thing, the job is not about showing of your physical capacities, you are not expected to force nor hurt yourself. What is expected from you is to be responsible, and respect work hours. In very little time you can be recognized for working hard (I insist, without killing yourself), and they will provide you training, and keep assigning you new jobs.

Cannot say much more, as I did not stay for long, but in the little time I did work for them, working hard was paying off.
Pros
Possibility to work extra hours for an increased rate, Cafeteria
Cons
Two 30mins rests can be too short for some people, You have to be careful to not force yourself physically too much.
Well
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Banbury15 September 2018
Amazon from my point of view is a very beautiful complex, good, and reliable people,
I recommend Amazon, It's a great place to build a career.........
Pros
Free Launch
Cons
Short Hours
Good place for frist job
Picker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 September 2018
Its a good place for first job. You working only 4 days per week and have more free time this way. Amazon has always work and when you convert to permanent employee you have even more job security. But the HR department is low and have low opportunities for a better job position. Unless you have friends in high places.
Pros
Free drinks, job security
Cons
No rewards/bonus for people working above the rate target. No opportunities.
Hard working
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  GREATER MANCHESTER10 September 2018
It depends on where you're working it can be fun and productive but as well can be boring. All in all, depends which department and managers you working with but in terms of salaries it is very poor.
Pros
Two breaks
Cons
Too short time for lunch
A difficult job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire7 September 2018
The job is very hard on your feet. People and staff there are really nice though. The pay is good as well. Long eleven hour shifts, can be difficult. Would recommend if having a choice to become a Reach truck driver as its less pain on your feet.
picking
Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 September 2018
I enjoyed my time as a picker, i found it easy to understand and enoyed being paid to keep fit. I liked that the breaks weren't very long as people didn't sit around wasting time making the day longer, i find time goes fast whhen i'm picking.
Pros
good pay
Exausting and non-experience environment
Amazon Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 September 2018
Only my back knows the answer to this mess, i cannot rate amazon as a positive experience but the financial problem i had it was a must for me to endure that lovely place filled with low graded people from around the world.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
standing like an animal 10 hours a day
Fun place to work
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Man34 September 2018
Long hours but rewarding management recognise potential and encourage you to train in other areas friendly staff everyone is willing to help if you struggle always trainers around to help get you working to the best of your ability brilliant place to work
Pros
Free coffee benefits good pay
Cons
Great work colleagues poor planning
Multi Drop Courier (Former Employee) –  Trentham3 September 2018
Can be a good job if you have your own van not economically viable when you have to rent.Very poor planning of routes by Amazon other than that a enjoyable work place
Pros
own boss
Good place
Pack Instructor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 September 2018
Nice place to work... good pay
Canteen
Carpark
Lovely people and good management depending on what days you work. Long hours but worth it if u need the money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

58.4K