Amazon.com Employee Reviews

amazon
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rugeley21 January 2018
Worked here several times, pays good but all very performance based. No human element or leeway, agency workers very slow to help and often dont/forget or lose what you need them to do
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Hard work low wages and high targets
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife21 January 2018
Hard work low wages and high targets. No Job security. Information included on job spec is not accurate and you will find that Staff bus is still to be paid for and promised perm postions and a fiction.
Pros
They pay on time.
Cons
High targets, Low wages, no benefits and dishonest.
Good if you urgently need money
Stower (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire20 January 2018
-I worked Oct-Dec, the worst workplace I ever worked in. Workers are treated like slaves who can’t make any human errors.
-I was working as a stower always having a productivity of 125% with few human errors which cannot be avoided in such environment, lacking of space and support from management.
-I felt disrespected and disgusted on how the agency workers chase you after even going to the toilet asking why haven’t you been stowing for that time you’ve been in the toilet. All the bathrooms are down the stairs! It takes about 10min to get from your working area eg; 4th floor to the bathroom and another 10 to get back upstairs, explaining yourself why you haven’t scanned anything during that time.
-Temporary workers are purposely put in areas where there’s no space so they can be kicked out of the workplace.
- For the amount of hard work you have to do you are not paid enough, I have been paid more for easier work elsewhere!
- Amazon doesn’t pay for your transport (£4) both ways every day so £7.65/h minus £4 for your transfer, not worth!!!
- I got kicked out few days before Xmas which I didn’t mind as I got another job straight away and I’m much happier with the environment.
-You have no option of overtime, if the put you on overtime you have to work whether you like it or not! With only 1h break for 11hrs of hard work
Pros
Good security, hours of working if needed
Cons
Long hours, 1h break for 11hrs of work, not enough pay for that amount of work, transfer costs, slavery, disrespect from agency
Good Job
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Droitwich, Worcestershire19 January 2018
Although I only worked here for a short time, I really liked the environment and the job itself. sadly it was only a temporary position and was not able to progress.
picker
PICKER, PACKER (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea19 January 2018
day shift start at 7,30 am .
take hand scanner and picking goods, mostly dresses and home base goods, target 250pcs
10 am 15 min break then picking 250pcs
1pm lunch break 30min then picking 200pcs
3,15pm break then picking 200pcs
6pm finish day shift
Pros
god location
Cons
park place far away
Hard work
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 January 2018
Long hours hard shifts and high pressure job with management that are hard on staff for not working even harder even though some people are at their limits. A very difficult job for people with bad legs and struggle with heavy lifting.
Cons
Long hours, night shift, very hard work
good pay good job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough18 January 2018
10 h shifts you get to choose days or nights... really good salary for night operatives and you get rewarded for good work or are looking at receiving a full time offer from Amazon directly.

apart from that good workplace would go back as the money really does hellp alot .

they mostly requit over christmas period or around march.
Pros
good pay
Cons
warehouse enviroment
They just fire you
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, Essex18 January 2018
They fire you as soon as you’re not needed much anymore even though they promised so much more and I waited for this job for a long time. They literally didn’t even bother telling me that I am no longer in until arriving to work and my pass wasn’t working and then they let me know. It’s a shame really
Pros
Good pay and overtime
Cons
Treated like trash when not needed
Good job if you want earn more money.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire18 January 2018
It is really nice place with great people, they pay good, but including overtimes especially before Christmas you don't have time for friends and family. You can earn a lot of money in a very short time.
Pros
Payrate
Cons
Sometimes that job was boring.
poor experience
Courier-home delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire18 January 2018
basically day is 120-180 parcel a day,drop every 3-4 minutes , they do not counting waiting time and busy traffic time.
Unloading and loading time grab courier time
Pros
no idea
Cons
no idea
non-stress environment
Fulfilment Associate/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Warrington18 January 2018
I enjoy working for amazon. I just don't feel like I am reaching my full potential as i do the same thing over and over . I don't have a full drivers licence and that makes it a difficult to get to work .
Going downhill to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire18 January 2018
I started working for them 8 years ago and it was a very good company to work for but over the years it has changed with the pay getting closer to minimum and workload keeps going up.
Pros
Good if your a yes man/woman
Cons
To many to list
productive and lots of expiriance
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol17 January 2018
I realy did enjoy to work in the Amazon
had recived a lots of experiance and friends
Willing to work again, and share my expiriance
My role was to ensure resources were distribute to correct project and to to anable me to follow up any outstanding resources required.
Productive.and fun
Picker (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire17 January 2018
People are ok. But you were not appreciated for the work done. You can not express your opinion. You are like a robot
You've taken the time and the excessively high target
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long
Decent money, but be prepared
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Swansea17 January 2018
I worked at Amazon as a seasonal Warehouse Operative. The pay was great (but it generally is everywhere if you're working nights) and we were paid weekly which was good. However, thats probably the only positive thing I can say. If you know any rumours about amazon they're probably all true. Awful breaks for a 10 hour shift, which didn't increase at all when my shifts altered to 11, 12, or even 13 hours. I am also a student, and wasn't made aware when I applied or even when I started that my hours per shift and shifts per week would increase, this then had an affect on my studies and I know if influenced the lives of my other colleagues too. Your breaks are also cut short by the time it takes to get to your locker from the warehouse and then to the canteen. Management were usually there at the desk but when I booked holidays they did them incorrectly.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
unsociable hours, increased hours without notice, short breaks
Not the best place
Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 January 2018
Most of the time it is unorganised and you just sit around waiting.
You arrive wait for your packages to be given to you and you leave. The managers dont really interact with you so sometimes its difficult to understand what is really going on.
Work OK, Terrible Management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough17 January 2018
No security in the position. Fulfill all demands and yet still you can be cut with zero notice. Needs a union in there to secure basic workers rights.
Diabolical
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kettering17 January 2018
Worked for a company called 'Deliverwize' who were a courier network on behalf of amazon.

Poorly managed at all times, work you long 12/13/14 hour shifts and tell you that you wont be paid otherwise. no job security at all as they tell you lies that there will still be work after Christmas.
Exhausting
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire16 January 2018
A 10 hour work day is a bit too much, and you have no way of knowing for how long you'll be employed. Good on salary and overtime if you want to make extra money.
Productive place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2018
Was a great experience to work for Amazon.
I had days when everything was very easy, but most of the days was verry difficult to finish.
In Christmas time, they give you 250+ parcel to deliver till 5pm.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.