Amazon.com Employee Reviews

too noisy
Returns Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife19 April 2018
job was easy, the piercing noise of the andon buzzer was too much!!!
good canteen and plenty chances to win prizes free tea and coffee the best bits the drive home
Driver delivery (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 April 2018
Nice team into this company
Good routes
Good management
Good dsp
New vans
Clean vans
Pros
Free breakfast
Go in, work and go home
Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  GL1 Gourock16 April 2018
No stress in this job, well at least when you come from a sales background, Easy £350 a week. People in this factory/warehouse are the reason people go back, i was on the N/S, great squad.
Pros
People are awesome
Cons
Getting there
It was a good experience i improved miself at english pack pick and stowing basic skills required in a warehouse
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire16 April 2018
Everything what involved amazon was an amazing experience staff was amazing they helped me evertime I needed explain me how to do my job properly and how can I improve mi kpi I can't say nothing bad about this company one of the best working place ever had
Pros
Free coffee and juice
A static job
ADS Associate (Current Employee) –  Romania16 April 2018
I don't like the environment, to many rules without any sense.
Our capacities are limited, the ideal job for someone who wants a static job.
Personally i find it not organized at all.
Pros
Work from home, fruits at the office
Cons
few benefits, not organized well
Awful place to work
Amazon Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Cwl116 April 2018
The tag line is “HAVE FUN MAKE HISTORY” what it should say is “IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU KNOW WHERE THE DOOR IS” ..the most depressing company with the worst people you could imagine to work with...
Pros
You get paid
Cons
You have to go there to get paid
Challenging but secure
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire15 April 2018
Like any multinational they make sure you are looked after and not bossed around. If you hit your rates you can get a permanent job with and that makes things easier.
Pros
Holidays and shares for permanents
Cons
10 hours shift but its a double edged sword
It's ridiculously hard
stowing (3 months) (Former Employee) –  Tilbury13 April 2018
If you want fast money in exchange for laborious hard work, then this is the place for you. The main problem is with the PMP agency they have a culture of harassment a subterfuge to produce results.
Pros
fast money, and friendlyish colleagues
Cons
lots of things
Reliable Income
Picker (Former Employee) –  Swansea12 April 2018
Although it asked for VTO (Voluntary to Off), you don't have to go. The worst bit is the warehouse is too big, you hardly to meet someone else. You got no one to say hello or talk. Also no music or radio at background, you will feel like working in a dead prison. Amazon is not interesting place, but if you like to earn steady income. It is good and reliable place.
Pros
steady income as long as you can meet the target
Cons
Long hours per day but only 4 days a week
very good experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire12 April 2018
A really good place to work. ofcourse depend on the job nature. As administrator I enjoy working with many different people and dealing with they queries. also environment is friendly and very helpful and good secured.
Very bad job
Packing Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire10 April 2018
The worst job I have ever had in my life. All posts are occupied. There is a lot of preference. The teamleaders if managers would not have to be in those positions. I recommend you not go to work at that site. You are timed when you go to the bathroom, when you return, to the seconds.
Pros
There are many as ses
Cons
Timing
Efe
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough10 April 2018
really bad place, treats you as dog!
walking distance per day annum - 20 miles in 10H.
only reccomend amazone warehouse if that s the last chance for you to get money for food.
Organized workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Rugeley10 April 2018
My very first day with amazon was pretty good, the induction that was offered was presented quite well. This gave a good insight to the job role and what it would take to achieve the rates that Amazon are looking for with there employees.

A regular day with amazon was to clock in on time, usually 5 minutes earlier and head straight to the station that sadly not assigned to employees and I had to find my own work station, and sometimes the management would keep switching us around and of course this affected the rate of targets that are set, so it looks bad on the computing system that I was not doing very well compared to others.

What I learned was having a good workflow is crucial, along with organizational skills. I was going to be taken a stage up to yard marshall, yet due to certain circumstances I had to leave,

Workplace culture was alright.

What I enjoyed was there was a good salary and there was a clean working environment.
Pros
Easy to log yourself in
target driven company
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Tilbury10 April 2018
lots off people made redundant and then more people hired for agencies to go permanent options but then also made redundant because of performances , performance targets go up every month been four times since started. long hour shifts 10 hours with lunch brake only 45min as have to walk in lunch break to get to canteen so takes off lunch break.
Pros
subtilised food
Cons
long hours, target driven
excellent workplace and work environment
picker (Former Employee) –  Gourock10 April 2018
i very much enjoyed the role within this company worked in various departments from picking and shipping and would return to this post again as was only seasonal lasting around 4 months
Amazon FC Review
Picker/Packer (Nights) (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea9 April 2018
Not as bad as everyone would think. It's worth it if you want money. Yes they shifts can be long and boring but it's a job. Management can be very supportive and it's a great place to not just earn money but make friends.
Pros
High wage
Cons
Long hours, no job security
Productive and intersting work place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife9 April 2018
I been working in Digital Devices department was big experiences how everything works in internesional online shop. I loved that place, poeple aswell.
fun place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London8 April 2018
great place to work can get stressful at times and very challenging.
management is good but could be better.
I learned a lot in Amazon, how to deal with high pressured situations and maintain high-quality work.
It is what you make of it!
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife7 April 2018
If you find yourself in a postion that plays to your skills or strengths then you can happily work away so consider the job role you take carefully. Any encouragement that management give you to bring you up and make you feel good about your performance the agency can be sure to bring you right back down again. Colleagues are down-to-earth and an accepting bunch sure to keep a smile on your face. Managers are a great bunch too. Others will say different but its all about outlook and making sure you work hard. A good company culture is my number one important thing and due to the mix of cultures here this is the best environment iv worked in everyone there is very kind and respectful of their colleagues.
Pros
3 days off a week
Cons
Long hours, should be higher paid
Friendly workplace
Fufillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Rugeley Staffordshire7 April 2018
a typical day would be getting a free hot drink in the canteen and relax for 5 mins. then i would go to work packing for about 4 hours have a 30 min break and the cycle repeats once more. the hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time but i got used to it after a while. the most enjoyable part was the people i met there were enjoyable to talk to.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
tiring if your'e not used to it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K