Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 2,421 reviews matching the search See all 29,256 reviews
It was ok
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, UK14 December 2018
drove cars, lots of packages

not the most helpful supervisors, pay was good. All in all get another job if you can. If you can't well i guess thats life
Task driven
Picker/Packer/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire13 December 2018
Very driven by data and software did not give management much room to change gives for individual needs of their employees often lead to avoidable instances such as employees using parts of the fulfillment center as a toilet
Long hours and no extra pay
Operations Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK12 December 2018
Very long hours and repetitive work. Poor culture based on metrics rather than human beings. Weak leadership that do not take accountability. Under resourced staffing.
Pros
Adequate pay
Cons
long hours, poor culture
Amazon
WAREHOUSE INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Bolton10 December 2018
I enjoy working for amazon, they are a great company to work for.

The pay is great, training is great. just cant build work relationships as there are that many employees.

overall great place to work!
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Hard manual labor
Fast paced place
Senior Operations Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  London, UK9 December 2018
Loads of intelligent and friendly people work at Amazon. They will, however, demand more work from you then you can deliver in 40 hours per week and that workload can vary quite unpredictably.
Treat every one different
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dartford9 December 2018
I worked for a team in dartford supervisors gives local routes too his country men so there can earn twice as muck unfair ive report this too manager of the team and lift job these foreign people have there wife s kids back in there countries and dont care working unsocialable hours
Pros
Van ren stupid price
Cons
Long hours working 10 hours then put u down as half a route meaning u get 60.00
Awful!!!
Picker/Packer and everything else (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, Essex8 December 2018
Worst job I've ever had and so glad to be out

Management are all about 20 and have no idea what they're doing

Cheesy high fives at the end of shifts

Two half hour breaks even though it's a 10 Minute walk to the canteen or your locker which will be packed

Mind numbing repetetive tasks with no incentive for working faster or harder

Pointless meetings ever single day

Awful pay and hours

Management constantly bothering you whilst you're trying to work with questionnaires which causes you to stop working then moaned at when you're pick rate falls

Every single job under Amazon is tedious and awful

You'll be trained then a week later asked if you want to train new people with no incentive to do so

Asked to wear a stupid sailor hat and cape and pose for a photo then it will be posted in the canteen

Anyone can find a warehouse job so do yourself a favour and stay away from amazon
Cons
terrible..only polish and romanians progressing there
Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire7 December 2018
I had graduated from with an MBA degree with A+. I joined Amazon as every season where I work fantastic and meet all the targets. When the time comes for my conversion and my manager who is polish, of course, knew that I have MBA does not allow me to progress. Even to get permanent there, they never let me. Thus I know some Romanian, polish etc. that was the only a month and get a permanent contract...That is an absolute shame. Even managers do not speak English at all, and they are arrogant as Amazon is in Poland or whatever. I can never go back there to work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
productive and fun working place
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Coalville, UK5 December 2018
the environment into the warehouse is very good..specially the temperature is very comfortable for work.the employers are well played.there is opportunities to chose various shifts..one may choose according ones wish..they can also have weekends and off days when they need.they provide free bus for twilight shift workers
Was part time job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erdington, UK5 December 2018
• Logistic management of issues related to delivery/stock in an Amazon-Prime storage point
• Understanding company policies while dealing with customer issues, complains and questions online
• Supervising in an efficient manner while keeping up with deadlines
• Motivating the team to ensure productivity.
fun & workhard
Problem Solver (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire5 December 2018
great organisation with great people. good and friendly environment. challenging job as to reach the target . All departments are best. workers earn a great respect.
terrible
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire5 December 2018
awful atmosphere, round holiday periods workers are pretty much forced to worked long hours/overtime, and are forced work weekends, with the treat of being fired if not agreed
Use good environment place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire3 December 2018
I learned a lot in that job!
I
Learned to make good delivery
Making shore all is good in right address to right person also I learned to work as team!
Enjoying
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire2 December 2018
Am happy work in amazon staff is really very kind and helpful.
Even they are very careful and understanding
Amazon still interested all people because there work but not boring i wish I wanna pramanet job here
Pros
Fre coffee hot drink
Cons
All okay
stay jobless
Multi Drop Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire30 November 2018
these will drain the life out of you + more. Management is clueless, pay is way less than minimum. £200 a week for the van and they'll charge you for damages that were already there!
Pros
0 none
Cons
the whole thing is a con
dont work there simple !!!!
case line rc sort (Former Employee) –  Coalville, Leicestershire30 November 2018
very hard targets to achieve.

pmp agency were good.

ask me team leaders are
ok apart from furkan on rc sort he as not got any peoples skills whatsoever talks to people like rubbish all he does is sits at the pc looking at motorbikes and inappropriate stuff god knows how he got that job he is definitely a waste of space.

money is good but you definitely work your but of for it.
lifting 15 kg + boxes for 11 hour shifts should be team lift but most the time you are left to lift them on your own
food in canteen is awful.

on my last night i was in the canteen and there were mice running around in there.

I have a new job now and get treated with respect and I'm loving it :)

I wonder if jeff bezos knows what goes on at is warehouse in Coalville Leicester ? .
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive and fun place
Amazon Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, UK30 November 2018
Workplace is good. Free car park and free coffee and tea. Workplace is safe and warm. Management is nice to people.you are able to work overtime hours.
Pros
Free coffee
Seasonal job
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey30 November 2018
Daily administration of logistics, deliveries, inventory, returns and missing parcels.

Daily management of all deliveries, staffing, daily operations and stakeholder management.

Organisation of all missing and incorrect parcels so they can be sent to the correct depots.

Ensure all parcels are sorted into separate locations and ensuring delivery drivers deliver parcels on time.

Ensure ware house is kept in immaculate condition.
Like being in prison without a key!
Fufilment (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife29 November 2018
From start of shift to finish on feet no sitting besides timed breaks which not enough to even get to locker toilet an eat nicely.

Heavy lifting and pushing u boat around bad for back an feet after one day whole body is agony!

Very unsafe place to work with products not packaged properly an leaking or spilling over you!

Security guards vulgar and animal like treat you like criminals and shout at you like you are a child.

Agency a joke never know what they doing and all confused and time wasters pointless having them at all!

Anyone who wants work there think twice your life will be over you will be tired sore and dream of freedom from the chains of the scanner am clocking out!
Pros
Worst place ever!
Cons
Hours, job and no seats at all
Good experience and flexible
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Bexley, Greater London29 November 2018
I enjoyed this job as it was very flexible and work around your own time schedule. My typical day of work entailed of me driving to the Amazon warehouse and picking up the parcels. From then, I had to drive around the local area and deliver the parcels within a 4 hour time period. This job helped me learn about my time-management skills. The hardest part of the job was if you received a high amount of deliveries to complete in the 4 hours. However, I always gave my full potential when delivering.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Sometimes too many parcels for the 4 hour window.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

58.8K