Alton Towers Resort

Alton Towers Resort Employee Reviews for Director of Food and Beverage

Alton Towers
Food & Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Alton Towers, Staffordshire18 December 2019
The company is ok to work for. Staff members look out for each other. It's a long way to go to work. Your pretty much screwed without a car. Its £20 a week for a bus ticket for the potteries buses and £20 for a 10 day ticket. Its £20 for a taxi. So really think about what your applying for and how much of a life your giving up for a job far away. As I never had time for friends or family.
Fun place to work fast paced
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire Moorlands20 September 2019
A great place to work for all ages whether 16 or 60 there's a good job for all and good perks as well like free tickets special events which you can attend .great place for meeting people and making new friends. You can also do apprenticeships in management and learning how to build rollercoasters.there is always courses available for you to increase your knowledge like first aid to sign langue
Official response from Alton Towers Resort
14 October 2019

Hello,

Thank you for writing this review!

It s great to read that there is 'work for all ages' at Alton Towers Resort. We love that you can make new friends and take full advantage of our training programmes.

Best Wishes

Alton Towers Recruitment Team

Not Great
Food and Beverage Host (Current Employee) –  F&B17 September 2019
Staff are rude, TL's are unhelpful and they move you around the park at very short notice. During a day some don't do anything and others do loads, unfairly treated. Scolded for taking a minute to recoup. I learned that you can't trust anyone, keep yourself to yourself.
Official response from Alton Towers Resort
14 October 2019

Hello,

Thank you for writing a review!

We are very sorry to read this. We would like to know more and therefore improve as and where we can.

Please email ATRecruitmentTeam@merlinentertainments.biz with more information.

Best Wishes

Alton Towers Recruitment Team

Unless starving/facing homeless - avoid!!!
Food & Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire30 July 2018
Terrible. Physically and psychological abusive. Tend to promote bullies over good leaders. Manipulates young workers. Long hours with no breaks. Underpays.
Good place to work.
Food and Beverage host (Former Employee) –  Alton Towers, Staffordshire16 April 2018
it's an exciting place to work the staff are very friendly. However you are often overworked and you get very little in terms of recognition. You'll be expected to work through your break and then you be told no if you ask for 5 minutes to have a snack. Also the progression opportunities are good as long as management like you, I witnessed a lot of inexperienced staff gain a promotion over skilled dedicated workers.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
takes an age to get there its also expensive this isn't reflected in the salary.
Bearable
Food & Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Alton15 November 2017
I worked in F&B and it felt like it was a looked down on department. Team Leaders were average. Working as a team was fun. Guest interaction was fun too
fun workplace
Food and beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Alton Towers23 August 2017
i loveed working at alton towers, gave me a good work experience and confident really enjoyed what i was doing and helping the customs and giving them the best service i could in my ability
Productive workplace
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Alton, Staffordshire16 August 2017
Many people ages 16+ work here with tons of opportunities. I myself was in Food & Beverage, however I had the opportunity to transfer to other sectors such as Retail, or Entertainment etc.
Pros
20% staff discount on park, discounts in many other places across the country, free tickets for the park
Cons
Unreliable hours, even with a 5hr minimum contract
Friendly and reliable work
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire7 June 2017
All staff at Alton towers are welcoming and accommodating. I worked at towers both full and part time and on both schedules I was always well looked after and given flexibility with my hours and booking time off.
Pros
Free tickets
Good place to work, wider opportunities within company are not encouraged by team
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Alton Towers, Staffordshire7 April 2017
In this role, I learned how to deal with customer complaints, as well as how to handle cash and work in a busy environment for a global company. I found that I most enjoyed working with my team in order to give customers a memorable experience.
Alton towers is a fun and productive workplace
Food and Beverage Host (Current Employee) –  Alton Towers, Staffordshire8 January 2017
I enjoyed working at Alton towers as there is a new team every season and it's gives you the opportunity to expand you're skills such as communication skills, team work and leadership. It's has a lot of benefits such as creating memorable experiences for the customers and benefits for yourself such as tickets to all the merlin attractions.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Seasonal
Good job in which I would do again
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Alton9 December 2016
I had a great time working at Alton towers, In which I gained some great skills and met great people. I worked in various roles that changed day to day, these changed between; selling fast food, serving and working on the bar. I got on really well with the management and still keep in touch with some of them now. I enjoyed up selling which I did day to day.
Pros
high intensity work
Cons
getting to work
Friendly
Food and beverage host (Former Employee) –  Alton15 November 2016
Everyone was friendly and helpful and it was a positive work place. Some of the staff we friendly and would help out. I learned skills such as confidence and communication
Flexible and a great atmosphere
Food and Beverage Host (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent24 October 2016
In the rollercoaster restaurant it was always busy, and you seemed to be non stop, it was even busy and fully booked on a Monday night! Typically clearing tables and seating guests.
Management was fabulous, they were very flexible with he rota and working hours and always ensured you had a break and that you were okay. However, communication outside of work was difficult as I struggled to contact the managers.
He people I worked with were the main for the enjoyment, they would always be laughing and apcreating an enjoyable atmosphere.
I'd love to work there permanently long time however it is difficult to get to, especially hen the public transport isn't on.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Busy shifts and difficult to get there
Fun place to work
Food and Beverage Host (Current Employee) –  Alton11 May 2016
I feel its a lovely place to work but the hours arent very good, the travelling isnt good. The people around the work place are good to work with
Pros
Employee Magic Pass
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and fast paced
Food and Beverage Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Alton, ENG14 January 2016
As a team leader, in a typical day I would put floats in the till, fill in paperwork and then delegate jobs to my team. I would then assist with some jobs as well as check up on the rest of my team in other locations. The hardest part of the job was time management as I had to cover all breaks as well as going between 2 units of opposite sides of the park. Also having to cope with customer complaints and equipment failure sometimes could be stressful but knowing how to solve the problem quickly and efficiently was the key.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with with my co- workers who made the job happy and fun. We could work hard and enjoy the day as well as serve customers and do all the jobs required.
fun workplace
food and beverage host (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent9 November 2015
brilliant place to work great people to work with.
great opportunities
passes to go on the park or other places
making great friends
well mannered staff
food and beverage (Current Employee) –  forest feast24 September 2015
staff are well mannered and welcoming.

management team are motivating and focused, you learn many new things on the job such as learning how to deal with customers in the correct manner.
fun place to work
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, ENG29 June 2015
Alton towers is a very fun place to work, there's never a dull day and you make such a great bond with people. you make so many friends when you work there. its very sad when the season ends. There are so many benefits to working there also.
Pros
tickets to merlin attractions
Cons
seasonal work
Fast-paced, exhilarating environment, not for introverts.
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Alton30 April 2015
I was recruited for Alton Towers during their drive at my Uni which is relatively local to Alton Towers. I worked during their busiest period which, arguably was good for me as it helped me to learn on the job and sped up my experience of customer service. The other workers were friendly and management were immensely helpful.

However, working hours were incredibly intensive, I would advise thinking strongly about which days to choose to work because the days you do leave free to work will most certainly be the days you work.Not to mention during these intensive 9/10 hour shifts, you get one 15 minute break in which you have to nourish yourself and use the facilities - some people had to take an extra break because of how exhausted they were.

I also had strong issues with the travel involved to get to Alton Towers, whilst there is an Employee bus from Stoke (where I live) it doesn't leave from a well known stop and it is infrequent. The public bus is even worse, and working till nine sometimes meant waiting for the midnight bus, luckily my parents lived nearby so I could go and stay with them - but during those few short months I didn't see a lot of my partner whom I live with due to the state of the travel. The public bus was also crowded with rowdy employees and members of the public alike who seemed to forget the meaning of queueing up.

The wages were worth it - but they were split in half over a few months, which I found strange.

If I lived closer, or could drive, I would work for Alton Towers again - but as I am now, living far away there's no chance I could
  more... go through that horrible bus again.  less
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Very long hours, travelling is difficult

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alton Towers Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Alton Towers Resort Reviews by Location