Alton Towers Resort Employee Reviews

Fantastical
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alton16 January 2020
Loved working there, just a shame you cant get the first bus straight there any more, otherwise I'd go back.
All the managers were really friendly and made you feel welcome.
Horrific
Hotel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alton Towers, Staffordshire13 January 2020
Front Of House, Reception

Unfortunately, I do not have one nice thing to say about this place.

-Poor Management
-Unfriendly Staff
-Not Trained Properly

You get treated like a number, not a person.

Personally, I would not recommend anyone to work in the Hotels on Reception, not even my worst enemy.

Most of the managers are together, therefore there is 0 confidentiality in this place, which always made me wonder how these people still have their jobs.

Assistant Managers are absolutely useless when helping you with problems. I had a man threatening me and being very aggressive and the Reception Manager of that certain shift just stood there and said nothing.

I got made to feel very uncomfortable with a certain member of staff. I felt victimised and very unwelcome at times, even though it was my job. When going to senior management about it, nothing got done (As expected).

Considering Alton Towers is suppose to be a fun environment, I would never return to the place again in my life. Merlin really do not know who they have representing them and they would be ashamed if they knew what was actually going on.

When we had checks and people coming in to make sure everything was up to scratch, managers would actually have to do their jobs properly instead of finding fault in anything you do or sit watching CCTV all shift OR walking round the grounds and smoking every hour.

If you made a mistake you were frond upon, even though, the training that was provided was never fully completed, you were just expected to know what you were doing. That is how
  more... mistakes did get made because no one would help. In the end, you would just pick up the skills and teach your self things instead. That is why everyone had their own way of doing things, so that explains why everyone got trained differently.

If you aren't best of friends with the managers or in a relationship with one, do not expect to be treated nicely. I have never known a place quite like it. Absolutely disgusted with the way people get treated. Especially, the house keeping staff. I have witnessed many of times the House Keeping Managers speaking to their staff with no respect what so ever, and it is bang out of order.

Regardless of your role, you should still respect others at any other level of work.

Management has made many members of staff leave, resign and even left with immediate effect.

In conclusion, to anyone looking to apply for this job, do not be fooled by the falseness and two faced people who you will be surrounded by. Expect to be treated:

-With no respect
-No pay until months after
-Never getting paid for overtime unless you pester the managers
-Like a number, not a person.

I hope this review helps in every way possible when applying for this job, i wish i got warned before starting there.
Free Tickets
Food And Bevarage Host (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire7 January 2020
I previously worked as a Food And Beverage Host at Alton Towers Resort, i was a hardworking individual and i was taken advantage of and took for granted. Most of the time it was often me doing the work while other people were doing nothing and the manager their had his favorites. One person their who was always on her phone, did nothing got promoted for team leader and apparently i wasn't ready for the position how do you work that out? The people their were horrible, all they ever did was slag people off, they expected you to just walk into the job and no everything, when you have first started, you get laughed at, if your a good worker you get used and abused, me personally i would not recommend anyone to apply for a Food And Beverage job at Alton Towers.
Cons
Your treated unfairly, pay is not good.
Alton Towers
Food & Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Alton Towers, Staffordshire18 December 2019
The company is ok to work for. Staff members look out for each other. It's a long way to go to work. Your pretty much screwed without a car. Its £20 a week for a bus ticket for the potteries buses and £20 for a 10 day ticket. Its £20 for a taxi. So really think about what your applying for and how much of a life your giving up for a job far away. As I never had time for friends or family.
Very good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Alton Towers, Staffordshire18 December 2019
It was a really good time i spend at Alton towers as a security officer
Management team is very good
I mean they helped me for every little thing
Overall it was a really beautiful experience working with my security team
Productive and fun workplace it can be relaxed or fast paced.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Alton Towers Resort18 December 2019
Productive and fun workplace it can be relaxed or fast paced.
Personally I have had no issues working at Alton Towers Resort and fully enjoy my time working there.
It was a seasonal position and I have now completed 2 seasons and hope to be back there next season.
Decent company to work for
Customer Service Host (Former Employee) –  Alton Towers, Staffordshire3 December 2019
Pros- Decent hours in peak times, free tickets. Friendly staff

- Cons- management in some departments are rude and don’t care about anything if you have the right manager you’ll love the job
Excellent
Toilet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Park resort Stoke-on-Trent29 November 2019
Brilliant experience with a great team I gained an N v q qualification in cleaning as well as a good experience I also worked in the office's cleaning I got free tickets to the rides and discounts on food and drink also I could use the tickets for splash landing water park
Fun, Productive Work Place
Lifeguard/Changing Room Attendant at Splash Landings Waterpark (Former Employee) –  Alton Towers, Staffordshire27 November 2019
Alton Towers Waterpark is an enjoyable place to work with friendly & approachable management and potential to further your career in the leisure sector with potential supervisor roles to go for.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Long Hours over the peak period
Fun place to work
Admissions host (Former Employee) –  Alton Towers, Staffordshire15 November 2019
Very busy and hands on job, Great to improve confidence and customer service skills, great atmosphere. Lots of different departments to suit everyone.
Awful
Bar and Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alton8 November 2019
This is a place where you are not valued at all as an employee and they make you work yourself into the ground with few opportunities for advancement. All the workers were in constant competition to get any kind of promotion which would normally end up going to a friend or relative of one of the current managers. The friends I made were great. And most of the customers were lovely to be around but everything else about it was awful. Fine for a part time job but not as a career
There ok to work for but not quick enough to give your wages
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent5 November 2019
I work here and its was ok at first , then my wages weren't getting right , management are ok but not quick enough to sort your wages out ,when you are owed them and keep a tract of your hours cause or you will get missed paid and for the tickets that your suppose to get after 6 weeks been there it's a bloody con, I never got mine due to management kept putting it off there too busy.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We are sorry that you feel this way. We always recommend that employees track their hours and check their pay to ensure that everything matches. If any errors occur we recommend that employees contact their line manager as soon as possible to rectify this.

Once an employee has complete their 6 weeks review, they are entitled to the Merlin Magic Pass (20 tokens). To do this employees must collect their passes from HR.

We are very sorry if this was not your experience at the Resort.

Alton Towers Resort

Productive and exciting workplace
F&B Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alton4 November 2019
Alton Towers is a good place for work if you're looking to go into a fast-paced environment, preferring it over office jobs or more gradually-paced retail roles! There is a bond between coworkers and you feel part of a work family. There aren't many opportunities for advancement for employees in a temporary, seasonal position, but you can become a permanent employee and thus have more opportunities within the company open up to you.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

It is great to read that you felt you were part of a family and there was a good bond between employees at the Resort. We encourage team building exercised and recognition within the working environment to help with employee relationships.

Alton Towers Recruitment Team

Fun place to work - just a job not a career.
Ride Host (Former Employee) –  Alton28 October 2019
The job in itself is fun. There is no job security and the management make you more than aware of this. A common saying by management is "for every one of you there's ten wanting to come in". A lot of pressure is put onto you by management where its not needed. You will only progress within the company if your face fits. There's no black and white rules, it solely depends on the manager you have that day and their mood. You are just a number and if a mistake is made the managers would sooner let you go than protect you. The job itself is fun and the people you work with make it amazing. The experience is incredible and learning about an area in which you wouldn't normally know anything about is fun.
Pros
The experience

Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

It is great to read you found the working at the Resort fun. We would like to here more about your experience please email Recruitment@Alton-Towers.com

Retail Host (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent26 October 2019
The management are extremely respectful and work well around you, and they do their best to do things in your interest. The hardest part of the job is busy times in the season such as Scarefest as there are late nights you have to work but the managers come round to check you are alright and recommend things to do in order to stay warm.
28 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

It is great to read that you find ''management are extremely respectful and work well around you, and they do their best to do things in your interest''.

We hope to see you again soon.

Alton Towers
Games Host (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent12 October 2019
The pay is ridiculous and most of us were not given hours, it is a brilliant place to visit, but working as a games host there is really disappointing

Hello,

Thank you for writing this review.

We are very sorry that this was your experience.We believe you actually worked for HB Leisure, if you would like to pass any comments on to HB Leisure directly please email businessdevelopment@hbleisure.co.uk

Fun work environment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alton Towers, Staffordshire30 September 2019
overall i had a great time working at alto towers, but there were areas where it was lacking, costs of the buses mean that 1/3 of your daily wage gets spent before your even home.

Hello,

Thank you for writing this review!

We love to read that overall you had a great time working at Alton. We will take your comments regarding bus fairs on board.

Alton Towers Recruitment Team

Fun place to work fast paced
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire Moorlands20 September 2019
A great place to work for all ages whether 16 or 60 there's a good job for all and good perks as well like free tickets special events which you can attend .great place for meeting people and making new friends. You can also do apprenticeships in management and learning how to build rollercoasters.there is always courses available for you to increase your knowledge like first aid to sign langue

Hello,

Thank you for writing this review!

It s great to read that there is 'work for all ages' at Alton Towers Resort. We love that you can make new friends and take full advantage of our training programmes.

Not Great
Food and Beverage Host (Current Employee) –  F&B17 September 2019
Staff are rude, TL's are unhelpful and they move you around the park at very short notice. During a day some don't do anything and others do loads, unfairly treated. Scolded for taking a minute to recoup. I learned that you can't trust anyone, keep yourself to yourself.

Hello,

Thank you for writing a review!

We are very sorry to read this. We would like to know more and therefore improve as and where we can.

Please email ATRecruitmentTeam@merlinentertainments.biz with more information.

Retail Host (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent27 August 2019
Fun place to work with lots going on. Variety of tasks in the summer months especially. Progressing is encouraged from the get go. Nice to walk around and see some nature
10 September 2019

Hello,

Thank you for writing this review.

It is great that you believe Alton Towers is a fun place to work and that progression is encouraged.

We hope you continue to enjoy your time working at the Resort and take progression opportunities that may come your way.

Alton Towers Recruitment Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alton Towers Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Alton Towers Resort Reviews by Location