Alpha LSG Limited Employee Reviews

If you want to work in one of the worst company's to grace this planet then Alpha LSG is the place for you!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 March 2019
Having worked for Alpha for the past 10 years i can say with the upmost certainty that they are one of the worst company's i have had the misfortune to work for. Like myself many are wanting to leave and this year the company is struggling to recruit new staff (is it any wonder why when they treat them like rubbish) New staff can be expected to be put on to a temporary contract and not get pay deals like full time staff do, they will maybe keep you on after the summer ends but do not make you full time, they abuse there staff something shocking in every way they can, i'm not going to go into all the details but let me assure you the pay is rubbish and the management is sooo so bad its unbelievable.

Do yourself a favor and find another job, trust me you don't want to work here!
Pros
Cons
Pay, Management, Lack of training, Lack of pay, Working conditions (need I go on!)
nem tul rossz
Chef (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester2 January 2019
szeretem a munkam, problemak vannak, de segitokesz jo hozza allas altalaban
Pros
ingyenes etkezes
Poor Place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow Airport2 December 2018
Worked at alpha lsg Glasgow seasonal and I have to say it is the worst place I have ever worked I was employed as a driver I soon found out that was not the case
Working in poor conditions very poorly run from top to bottom
Very surprised this place has not been shut down due to some of the practices I seen
Management didn't seem to care when any of my concerns were raised i.e 12 hour shift and no break
Working there was affecting my health so cut my professional relationship with AlphaLSG early and left before I was paid off at the end of October
Also witnessed some hostile situations and high placed management speaking to blue collar workers in a terrible way
Pros
Cons
I have new job
Un sitio agradable
Peón (Former Employee) –  Greater London7 October 2018
Conocí de otras culturas como la Indú y gente amable que intentaba ayudar.
Good co workers, worst management possible
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear7 September 2018
If you like being talked down to by people, this job is perfect for you. Fun work environment non the less, co workers helpful and friendly, work is easy when its not pilled up on you do to someone elses as management think you are a little slave and will jump to do something so random when you're in the middle of doing a job. Good place to work if you don't stick to health and safety rules aswell as there are a million things wrong with the way they work.
Pros
free sandwiches and sometimes hot food
Cons
management, shift times, tell you to come in on your one day off
Bad Just Bad no Infact Really Bad
Driver (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire26 July 2018
Dont bother working for alpha a 12 hour shift is a 12 hour shift dont expect a break, or food (alough its free you wont get any) just work till you sweat blood. If you do take a break you will be frowned uppon. Also dont expect to be driving "as a driver" you will be a dogs body for every other dept cos they expect you to do there work. Doing sealing, searching, making ontrae orders for airlines and kit packing. Pretty much a pleb. Trust me multi drop is better than this. WAY BETTER...
Poor worklife balance
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Doncaster8 July 2018
Poor pay, ineffective managers and long hours
Long hours with short notice and poor pay
Poor workplace culture
Payment descrepancies between each United Kingdom Airport
Pros
Uniform provided
Cons
long hours and shifts
Warehouse and material control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex12 June 2018
They provide food so you want be hungry on your brake, money could be better. Nice people to work with. Great chance to grow your carrier. Its good Company overall.
Pros
Food and Managers
Cons
Money
enjoyed my time here
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranford11 May 2018
I enjoyed my time at Alpha USG very much and recommend the place for anyone willing to work hard and earn at the same time. They select good hours to work for you and the working environment is suitable for all ages. They trust whoever they employ and there is no discrimination so that is why I decided to work for the time I did.
Pros
su
Cons
Ggg
things could be better
Driver class 2 (Current Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex6 April 2018
hardest part when goods not ready and people not getting on with sourcing product.late call to work over hours route march to collect goods for load...
Pros
free lunches good amount of down time
Cons
long unsociable hours
Misleading and hostile
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Glasgow Airport13 March 2018
The job advertised was not the same as what was actually required. Very basic food preparation and running errands for senior chefs. A bad atmosphere where I saw discrimination the worst I ve seen in any kitchen from senior chefs.
Pros
Good breaks and evenings off
Cons
Kept to specific tasks not given oportunity to take on more
Plane catering in charge (Former Employee) –  Heston28 February 2018
• Having a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work.

• Enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-moving environment where deadlines are tight to ensure that flights depart on time.

• Able to maintain a clean and safe workstation, working in a manner that promotes good health and safety practices.

• Willing to undertake some manual handling, bending and reaching as part of your normal duties.
Flexible but no security
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London15 February 2018
Great flexibility in working hours and work/life balance but lacking opportunity to progress. big differences in management styles and expectations depending on the department you work in.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no progression
Fast Paced Workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport28 January 2018
I learned how to work in a team and met lots of interesting people. The hardest part of the job was adapting to the fast pace of the working environment.
Not recomended
Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow Airport23 January 2018
Bad place to work. Managers do nothing to help you. If you be lucky you can drive 2 miles per week. Only security checks and packing food in fridge. Don't waste time.
Pros
Soup for lunch
Cons
Working without breaks
Productive and can be enjoyable.
Seasonal Bar Packer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport17 January 2018
My principle job that I had was Seasonal Bar Packer, however I found the demands of this far out weighting my capabilities so I was transferred to the Stores section in a different department. This involved making up of various modules for going on the planes such as packing water, knives, forks and sauces. I was also responsible for sealing the containers For customs before they could be loaded on to the planes.
Pros
Free food because of the location.
Cons
The difficulty to get to and from the site.
Poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 January 2018
Poor management from top to bottom,
poor wages
expected to do everything for no extra reward
expected to work illegal hours
management dont listen
very poor vehicles
Pros
Cons
Poor money
Rubbish management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire15 January 2018
The pay and hours are shocking, management are awful. They expect you to work all hours for very little pay. You are undervalued and overworked. Think twice about working for this rubbish company
Pros
Cons
Little pay, bad management
Overworked and underpaid
Driver (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire15 January 2018
If you are thinking of working for this company think twice about it.
You will work every hour god sends for a pittance and will be made to feel worthless.
Management are terrible
Pros
Cons
Rubbish pay and management
Good place to work,friendly supportive atmosphere
Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester10 January 2018
Alphalsg is a good place to work as there are mostly a lot of friendly supportive people there who make each day happier.
The workplace culture is one of working together as a team.
Some of the roles require high volumes of work to be completed alongside additional duties in a pressurised environment.
Not every role is like that however as some roles are easier than others.
Pros
Free lunches. Free car-parking.