Almac Group Employee Review

well organised and clean place to work
Senior operative grade 1 trainee grade 2 (Former Employee) –  Portadown23 September 2017
I found Almac a very pleasant place to work, I was a senior operator grade 2 in Almac, as a senor operator i was given a team of 2-6 people assigned a room and operation to complete. A senior operator is responsible for everything that goes on in the room and everything that goes in and out of a production room as contamination of the product is unacceptable as it was being made for a patient. In Almac i leaned the importance or organisation and communication among staff, my fellow employees and i had a very good work relationship and never had any complications with any of them although 1 maybe 2 of the supervisors and one of the floor managers could of been a little bit more understanding at times but everyone has their days. I myself found the hardest part of the job was the fact of working the evening shift from 3:30 pm until 23:30 five days a week as with these hours a social life in non existent. All in all comparing it to other placers i have worked except for the hours it was the most enjoyable place i have worked so far
Pros
good opportunities to progress within the company
Cons
out of social hours

Other Almac Group Employee Reviews

Face didn't fit
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh1 May 2019
Started in Almac as agency worker hoping to soon progress to permanent position. After a year a full time position in a different department came up. I applied for job and got it. Downhill from there. Was made feel like a complete child by my new superviser they watched every move and I was never aloud to make a decision on my own. It seems if you have been there for years no one says anything to you (those staff don't know any different as it's been their only job) but I found it so demolishing and working there has knocked the confidence out of me. If the face doesn't fit supervisor and manager will nit pick every fine detail to get rid of you!!
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Some Supervisers will do anything to get themselves up the ladder in order for them to look Good!!
Horrible Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Craigavon1 February 2019
I worked here as a Project Manager. I had a lot of previous project management experience but felt that non of it was worth anything as you learn being a PM the ALMAC way. The job essentially was filling in data sheets and document templates, hosting meetings and phone calls all day while applying SOP's and work instructions (alot of them).
Management is micro-managing and if you deviate from their expectations and do not follow instructions to the T than you have no chance of being successful.

Working hours are min. 40h/week, not including your 30min lunch break and often extended well passed 45 hours per week. Working in the evening from home or on weekends and holidays is expected to meet the business needs but the company does not compensate for this at all. The salary and benefits were decent.

Experienced, long-term employees have full-flexi which means they can make up their hours with working from home - providing them with a lot flexibility to look after their families. However, as new personal you have to be there between 10am and 4pm and also the time you need to make up 40 hours per week. As working from home is not counting towards your hours the flexi-time they pride themselves is worth nothing.

Bottom line, if you want a job where all you do is following orders and instructions and are not concerned about a proper work-life balance, this company might be a good fit. If you cannot see yourself in such a place - do not bother.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Long Hours, Micromanagement, High staff turnover, people are burned out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almac Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Almac Group Reviews by Location